3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Wonderful Wednesday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/30552-wonderful-wednesday.html)

WinterGirl 08-13-2003 09:14 AM

Wonderful Wednesday

Happy Birthday KT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBL to post.

Laura

WinterGirl 08-13-2003 09:30 AM

Hi Ladies -

I've been busy at work so haven't been able to post. I'll try to find time today to go catch-up on everyone's lives.

I had company this past weekend (mom, sis and niece) which I enjoyed a lot more than expected. Last Friday went to the Counting Crows/John Mayer concert.....excellent show....and John Mayer.....YUM! Bought a set of dishes which I alternately am excited about and panicking about (what if I hate them in a year????). I'll probably keep them though because I've been living with 4 plates and 2 bowls since college.

As you know, CB is moving in. We've been having those "my furniture vs. your furniture" discussions. His is Target stuff that isn't to my taste and mine is high quality stuff (also not to my taste) that my late aunt's husband gave to me when he remarried. This past weekend, he asked for some of it back. I have a tense relationship with him and didn't want to have to consult him every time I wanted to get rid of a piece furniture over the years. CB, bless him, told me to give it all back that we'd use his stuff as transitional pieces and would start buying furniture together. I'm so excited!!!! No more hassle over negotiating what pieces we'd each keep or get rid of, I'll get to finally buy furniture that I really like (I know not all at once or right away but still!) and the best part......I'm going to get a work-out room out of the deal!

So that's my big news. What's up with you?

Laura

Humber 08-13-2003 11:15 AM

Today is the First Day!

Good morning!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life! That's my attitude today.

I was feeling really great yesterday afternoon after my attitude adjustment, but when I got home, my family had planned a birthday party for me.

So, I pretty much blew my good eating for yesterday, but I didn't do too badly now that I think about it. I hadn't had much during the day yesterday and we had Angel Food Cake with low fat whipped topping, so it wasn't as bad as I keep thinking.

I did not make it to my Weight Watchers Weigh-in or meeting last night, but that's ok...right now my attitude is good, my spirits are high and there's another meeting tomorrow that I can attend.

So, all in all, it's a great day...and it's the first day of the rest of my life.

The commitment starts today too...I am committing myself to journalling everything I eat for the next week, I am committing to drinking four litres of water a day and I am committing to four days of exercise over the next week.

Next week, I will come back and make some more committments too and will do my best to report each week on my committments.

Thanks...and good luck to everyone.

kimobi 08-13-2003 12:02 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KT and Humber!

My home scale said 189 this morning. I kept getting off and back on because I thought there must be something wrong with it. I haven't exactly been keeping to my points for the past few days. I was fine yesterday until I had to work late (because we had a computer virus and couldn't do anything for a few hours), and DH and I ordered a pizza. Now today, there is free food in the cafeteria because all the vendors are offering stuff. I walked by and none of it looked very healthy, but it's very hard to pass up free food when you're on a budget. So I'll be very, very careful, take small portions and refuse the fried chicken! I did see some mashed potatoes.

I have GOT to go to the gym tonight. My schedule's been weird for the past week, and then I was out of town over the weekend, but I'm going tonight. Nothing's going to stop me!

Laura: It's fun to buy furniture together! When DH and I first moved in together, we both had pretty awful stuff. I still had my bedroom set from high school (hey, white pressed wood asymetrical cabinets were all the rage in Germany in 1987!), I had a loveseat I bought when I graduated college, and all the rest was hand-me downs from my mom or Target stuff. DH and I bought a mattress a few years ago, but it wasn't until we were married that we had the money to buy real stuff. Now we have a gorgeous bedroom set and a comfy couch and matching chair for the living room. Dining room table comes next. And maybe one day we'll upgrade our 19" TV!

WHERE IS EVERYONE???? Come out, come out, wherever you are!

lynnie24 08-13-2003 12:08 PM

Hey everyone.I am doing pretty good just trying to get my husband motivated to take me out today.YAY!!! Our truck hasn't been working so maybe today I will be able to get out.So I am off to showers and on my way out.YAY!!!

Happy Birthday KT!!

Welcome Humber! :)

star19600 08-13-2003 12:15 PM

Hello ladies

Finally got all of the posters and pictures up on my walls - my new apartment feels so much more like home now!

Question - anyone else have one of those friends that you love to death and is a ton of fun but can never make up their mind about ANYTHING? My roommate has a birthday Friday, and another friend has her birthday Thursday so we've all been talking about getting together this weekend for ages - but my roommate and I can't get the other friend to commit to coming up to visit! Granted, it's a 2-hour drive for her, but it drives me nuts that she'll talk big all the time, but when it gets close to the time we've planned, she'll back out! There's nothing like someone who always says "we SHOULD get together, we SHOULD do this or that" but never does it!

Okay rant over

Happy Birthday KT & Humber!

Laura - sounds like the perfect living situation - and no more stress on furniture! All of my stuff is hand-me downs too -- (what can I say, it was all free!) so I'm hoping that someone in the next 15 years or so I can afford "real stuff" but not worried about it just yet!

Kim - I did the hop-on-the-scale, hop-off thing about 10 times this morning too - and the number changed every time! I thought I finally had a good scale but since I moved it, it's been weird. But it's always great to see the number you don't expect, even if you're sure it's only temporary!

gotta work, i'll be back later

Horsey girl 08-13-2003 02:01 PM

I'm so disappointed! I posted a nice long post and it got eaten!!! We got this virus on our servers up here and the computers have been running slow for the past couple of days. Basically, Thank you for the birthday wishes and HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUMBER!!!
I wanted to say about the furniture thing, I bought myself a couch last fall and it made me feel totally grown up. It was weird. I still love it though and sit on it all the time...
OK - I'd better get some work done. Come out and play so I have something to read later!!!
KT

Sweater Girl 08-13-2003 02:16 PM

hey Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I went to outback last night, could have been worse I am sure, but I had grilled chicken and girlled veggies on rice and a salad (with cheese though, d'oh). I stayed away from the blooming onion (isn't that a day's worth of points). My bf and I only had our debit and credit cards, and although I offered to put it on my cards or take out some cash, he treated me!! Then the BF and I walked around Wal-Mart and then Future Shop... We like looking at furniture and appliances and really expensive TVs and the like.

Laura: Congrats on moving in together. I am not quite there yet, but I think I will be soon enough. My bf says he's glad we haven't rushed our relationship though, he actually was mentioning living together a while ago, but me being Miss Independant sent out the "I don't wanna discuss this yet' vibes so he laid off... Now I guess I am at the point I do want to discuss it, but he told me he was glad we weren't rushing. I think him and his ex moved in together about a month or two after becoming a couple, that could be why.

It's so cute, my bf is already talking about our official 6 month anniversary which is next week (we've been dating for 7 months almost).

Angie: Ideas can often seem greater than reality and I know that bites. I have backed out on stuff occasionally too (I don't like doing it, but sometimes, the actual implementation of the plan is too tough). She probably doesn't mean to.

hey Lynnie!

Happy birthday Humber (check your PM) and Happy Birthday KT!!

Kim: yeah I know what you mean about free food, it's always so tempting... the candy jar at work seems to do me in.

Take care!

Ali

amberc4614 08-13-2003 03:56 PM

Happy B-day KT and Humber! http://www.diettalk.com/forums/image...s/birthday.gif

Kim-I must have gotten your baby vibes cuz I just found out I am pregnant!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! We planned to wait a little longer but it happened and we are excited. I am about 4 weeks along I think so the baby is due on April. I just got to 40l lbs down with my ultimate goal to lose another 35 but at least another 10 before getting prego so let me know if your doc says anything about losing while prego. Mine says no way, you have to eat. lol. I am eating! :) I will send some hormone vibes your way k?

So that's my news...I am happily pregnant! :)

Sweater Girl 08-13-2003 03:58 PM

Amber: Congrats!!

KO 08-13-2003 04:52 PM

KT And HUMBER HAPPPPPPPPY BIIIIIIIRTHDAY
AMBER YOU MADE MY JAW DROP CONGRATS!
LAURA woohoo Furniture hunting so much fun!
Mom and Sis and I are prolly going gown shopping tonight So Im hoping it kicks my buns and remotivates me Since I've been sick I haven't been OP at all Not all days have been bad but I'm finding it hard to stick to a plan
bbl
Love
Kierie

lynnie24 08-13-2003 06:29 PM

Congrats Amber!!

Happy Birthday Humber!!!

star19600 08-13-2003 06:52 PM

CONGRATS Amber!!!

amberc4614 08-13-2003 07:01 PM

thank you all!!! :)

Humber 08-14-2003 10:14 AM

Amber...that is great news!

Congratulations.

I'm expecting my first niece (or nephew) in a few weeks and can't wait. It's a very exciting time and I hope you really enjoy it.