Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 07:03 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #225

G'day all,

A very cold day here today. Yesterday was the coldest day recorded for 25 years In the Adelaide hills there even was snow, though it melted as soon as it fell!

Karen I know of people where the snoring became a really bad problem, luckily I don't have that problem. Sorry to hear your dad starting yet another lot of chemo, I hope there won't be any need for any more after this lot. Tell him lots of positive vibes are sent from down under.

Peggy I have never done anything like craft shows but my sister (not the pain ) goes to markets every sunday to sell her plants. It is such a lot work, I don't know how she does it. She is my eldest sister and is 63, she says she needs to do it for the extra money
I can well imagine that you are tired of it. Good idea to attend the 'money spinner' makes the dragging etc. of stuff worth your while. I guess even before you attend any of these craft show you would be flat-chat getting all your crafts made etc.

Annyou will love having cable access. I have only recently got it and it is great. My weakness is fonts and I am forever downloading free fonts, it is so quick when you have cable. Yes I know what your are thinking, I am a bit odd liking fonts
Keep us posted about how you are going with the Phase 2, good luck.

Slavika How else would I have you pictured in my mind but in a polka dot itsi bitsi bluebikini under that sunlamp
You must be having a lot of fun replacing some of your things. I loved the dinnerset, you are a bit lucky having the whole set!

Lily Thanks on the congrats. of my first paid job, it is not much but it is a start. With the payment I could take dh out to lunch and have a sandwich

Any of you with some spare time, you may want to check out this address where there are lots of different sites on health issues.
I haven't had much of chance to have a look but it looks worth while........
http://www.tudogs.com/health.php

I still have lots to do for my web page so I had better get going.

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 08-10-2003 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:22 PM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

Maria: My friend Delphine is waiting to hear from you. She can truly share with you about the bad days, and maybe give you some pointers on the Fibro. what to do and not to do.

We have had more rain today. There is a lot of flooding in many places now, but we are fortunate, no problem for us. I'm on day 2 of Phase two, so now putting back some carbs may be a bit tempting, but hope things work out good. Can't be any different than the WW on which I was just stalled.

"See" you tomorrow. Ann
Old 08-10-2003, 10:09 PM   #3  

Thanks Ann, I have just send an email to Delphine.
Must be great minds think alike, I was in the middle of sending the email when you posted
Amazing!

Cheers
Maria
Old 08-11-2003, 09:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Hello everyone; Happy Monday!

Where have the days gone? I wanted to tell you that the meeting with my 2 high school friends went well. Like you said, the conversation was dynamic at first and then after an hour it was like a little more strained. We got filled in on husbands, children and (for them) grandchildren. Both are divorced; one had re-married. Of course there were health issues, etc. All in all it was fun to renew the old friendships.

Peggy, I have a sister Peggy. I'm not sure what kinds of crafts you sell. Is it hard to meet people's demands?

Ann, nice going on the weight loss. Are you going to Curves? Do you go to WW, too?

Lily, did you say WW has a low-carb diet?

Karen, since you asked, I've lost 27 lbs since December 30.
There are others in my group who have lost more. But I believe I have to go at my own pace. Like you, I'll go camping as long as it's in a four-star hotel!

Maria, thanks for sharing all the information with us. I did check our your refurbished picture (you are one talented lady!) Also I marked Tudogs in my favorites. I looked up weight-loss in their search and found "New U." Have you checked that out? I keep forgetting to ask you if you're familiar with the software, Quark-Express. My sister uses it for brochures, etc., and thinks it's great. BTW, hope you're feeling better and with less pain.

Slavika, I love the Mikado pattern. You must be thrilled with it.

Today is my WW day. I've been pretty good this week, so should be down.

Hope you all have a great day.

Marnie

Old 08-11-2003, 09:57 AM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Maria: I dont think your odd with your Fonts
I must have 1,000,000,000 So If your odd then I guess I am to!
Great site. Looked up a few things. Lots of info there!

Marnie: Look in the week 6 booklet. There is a pull out. It lists
How many points you should use Carbs VS Protein. Sounds like you had a great time with your lunch! Always nice to renew friendships

Off to work we go!
Old 08-11-2003, 12:09 PM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Unhappy Another Rainy Day

Sure am getting tired of all the rain.

Maria: sometimes it is scary how much we all in this group think alike. As you said, 'Great Minds' :

Marnie: Glad you had a good time with your 'old friends' lunch. It is fun to do that now and then. There are 6 of us here that go out once a month. One gal moved out of our park and so this is a good time to keep in touch with her. We refer to our date as 'The Ladies Monthly'. We figure it is appropriate, since that is something we no longer have to think about.: I still go to Curves and since I am a WW lifetime, I go once a month. I am happy that today I am wearing a pair of shorts that a month ago was uncomfortably tight. So progress is noted. I checked the WW low carb section in Book 6 and find that it is quite similar to Phase 2 in the South Beach program. I am sort of combining the two now.

Hi everyone. Have a good day. Ann
Old 08-11-2003, 07:18 PM   #7  

G'day all,

Nice to see all the posts this morning

Marnie glad the reunion went well. Someone mentioned to me just the other day if I knew Quark-Express. I haven't ever used it but it sounds another bit of software that would be very interesting to learn more about. Where does it stop
You have done so well to loose 27 lbs and possible even more by now. Who cares if others have lost more in that time, just think of the ones that have gained during that time!

Lily perhaps we are both odd with our collection of fonts Have you ever tried to make your own font?? Yet something else I wouldn't mind having a go at!

Ann Good for you fitting in your shorts. Have you guys had a very hot summer? I haven't noticed any of you mentioning it, we hear on the news about the heat waves in Europe but haven't heard much about unusually hot weather in either the US or Canada.
I think it is rather nice that our group has formed such a close bond that we are actually thinking alike and at the same time

I am feeling really great this morning, the best I have for some time. I now keep a diary and rate how I feel, yesterday I only rated a 4 but today I would rate the way I feel between 8 and 9
The only thing is that I cannot put my finger on why the difference.
I am getting all the images ready for my website. My mind is racing and I have yet again changed the layout of my website!!!
I am waiting for my official notification of my business registration so I cannot do a great deal about getting a domain name until I receive that.

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria

Here is my logo......with using one of my favourite fonts!
Old 08-12-2003, 07:22 AM   #8  

Maria I love your logo. Very nice. I like to see different fonts. Actually I never realized there were so many. I am going to your health site when I leave here.
Ann we're having strange weather here too. It has been storming almost every afternoon or evening for a while then the sun comes back out. It has been causing flooding in some spots. Yesterday there was some hail. I think you are doing well on the SB diet. It feels good when those tight clothes start fitting. Did you miss the fruit in the 1st phase?
Marnie glad your lunch was okay. I meet with a couple of old high school friends a couple of times a year. This past time another girl came that we haven't seen for a while. I knew that the youngest killed someone when he was 15 or so. It was hard to talk around that and not bring it up. But it is still fun to see them.
Found this recipe on a WW site and it looks good and easy to take somewhere like a picnic or something like that. I couldn't have them here or I would eat them all.

3 point chocolate delite

servings | 18
estimated POINTSŪ per serving | 3
course | Desserts

Ingredients

1 box sweet rewards low-fat fudge brownie mix, prepared & baked in 18 muffin
tins or cupcake liners. 1 small box sugar free chocolate fudge pudding
(prepared as labled with skim milk) 1/2 c. ff cool whip 1 Tbs. unsweetened
cocoa 4 oz. ff cream cheese
Instructions

Mix & bake brownies in 18 lined muffin pan as directed on package. Allow to
cool. Mix pudding as directed. Add cocoa, cream cheese, & cool whip in bowl.
Blend until smooth. "Frost" muffins with this mixture. Store in fridge....

Got to go get the morning walk in.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:40 AM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Marnie: You are doing so well. 27 # is great. It doesnt matter if others have lost more. Your doing great and thats what matters.

Ann: Congrats on getting on those shorts! Always makes you feel good when you can get things on that you havent worn in a while

Maria: I did try my go at making fonts. Didnt really get into it tho. I was using a free ware program at the time and it didnt do what I wanted. And I wasnt gonna pay for another program that was big $$ so thats as far as it went! Glad your feeling better! Love the logo!

Peggy: That recipes looks good. Sure makes alot, would have to freeze them so I dont touch them.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Hey you computer gurus... How are you able to "collect" fonts without paying for them? I've got a font on my home computer called Papyrus, but it's not on my at work computer. I've found it in a search, but it costs $$ to download.

BTW, down -.4 yesterday. KAFLUEE! wanted to be in the next set of digits! Maybe next Monday.

Ann, the dessert looks decadent!

Catch ya later.

Marnie
Old 08-12-2003, 06:05 PM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Marnie: There are fonts out there that are copyrighted and are not free. They will come with programs and that is why it is on your computer at work but not at home.

I should also say do not install them into your windows Font folder. Just put them in a seperate folder . When you want to use one just open it up by doubleclicking on it. It will open and be availbale for you to use in any program once it is open. Installing fonts can cause problems on your computer if you have to many.

But here are some free places for you. Some are called Dings as you can make pictures with them.

http://www.houseoflime.com/dings.htm
http://members.aol.com/fontner/frontpage.html
http://moorstation.org/typoasis/typoasis1.htm
http://www.mouserfonts.com/index.html
Old 08-12-2003, 07:29 PM   #12  

G'day all,

Nice to 'see' so many of us here again this morning. Always a good start to my day!

Marnie follow Lily's advice and you cannot go wrong. I agree with her that fonts can do some funny things.
This is one of my favourite font sites mainly because there are may 'dingbat' fonts here to download.
http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~luc/dingbats-arch.html
Papyrus is also one of my favourite fonts, it is similar to Parisian font which I use a lot.
Congrats on loosing again!

Lily thank you for the font sites, some I know of but not all.

Peggy that would have been tricky. How awful for the mother to have to deal with that and of course very awkward for the rest of you. I do feel very strongly though that parents cannot always be held responsible for what your child does or does not do.
Recipe sounds good, but I have never seen a 'box of sweet rewards............'. Perhaps it is just as well, I would find it hard to stick to having just one

Slavika Where are you, haven't seen you for a while, hope you are just busy shopping for your new things for the house.

I have just received a book called 'from Photoshop to Dreamweaver', for the uninitiated it is a book on making webpages in photoshop and then importing them into dreamweaver. I have hunted all over australia to get this book and finally found it on the web available (last copy ) in Sydney. Lots to do and learn!

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 08-12-2003 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:42 PM   #13  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

You gals might just as well be speaking in a foreign language. LOL I thought when you were FIRST talking about "fonts" you meant different kinds of typewriting/printing until I went and looked at some of the web sites LILY posted. I didn't know things like that were called fonts, and what is the difference between them and "avatars", and why do you guys want them? Where do you put them?
Today there was just TRUDY and I for tea and I told her what the talk was about on our board and that I didn't have any idea what it all meant. She didn't either.
My dil is taking university classes all this week and I had my grandkids all day yesterday from 9:00 to 4:00. I helped them make a "fort" outside on the lawn with patio benches and sheets/rugs/blankets. They played in the pool, ate snacks in their fort. When we came back into the house they wanted to look at picture albums and hear "stories" about the "old days". LOL
MARNIE and ANN you gals are doing great in the weight loss department. I went to WW today and I was down 1.2#. It was nice to see the weight going down for a change.
Not much else to tell so I will say good-night, and see you tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:40 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Slavika: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought they were speaking in a foreign lanquage. I am just not what I would call computer literate. I have learned enough to get around fairly well, but to get into any of the 'fancy' stuff, I'm out of my league. The best I have done is learn how to make posters. Now everyone at the clubhouse who is going to sponsor an event wants me to make a poster. so I created a Monster.

Bet you had fun with the Grandkids. And bet you are tired tonight.
We are getting our ceilings painted in the Living-room, dining area tomorrow. Not sure just how long it will take, but he says we don't have to move anything, just help him cover with the tarps as he does the work. That is my DH's job. I'm going to Curves.

Rode my bike 5 miles tonight. So you can tell that it hasn't rained today.

We have a new Italian Restaurant, Caraba's Grill, just opened a couple of weeks ago. So tonight we went. I was pretty good, no pasta. Salad and delicious sauted scallops and shrimp in a lemon sauce. And Italian style zucchini squash. The killer was the warm crusty bread to dip in herbed olive oil. My DH had to hold my hands :
Hard not to over indulge.

See you tomorrow. Ann
Old 08-13-2003, 12:54 AM   #15  

Ann is that Carrabba's Italian Grill?? If so you are sooooooooo lucky. They have the best food . When we are in Jacksonville we make it a point to visit at least once. If my points bank would allow I would go more. I love the bread and olive oil

Slavik, Marnie and Ann good job being the big loser's on this board. Marnie I totally agree that losing slow is better than fast. At least from my experiance you learn lessions better when your not in a hurry.

Slavika how goes the home improvements??

Maria you sound so excited and positive about your new venture. it's good to hear thing are going well. am looking forward to seeing your new we page.

Lily I am going to look at those sites you posted so I can see what all this fonts talk is about. I'm with Ann I know enough to get around but would like to learn alot more.

Slavika tell Yrudy we miss her.

Peggy, I have a frend and co-worker who does craft shows. She makes doll clothes that fit the American Girl Doll. She get a hefty price for them. But she also has cut back because people aren't spending like they were a few years ago. And packing up and traveling and setting up the stand gets to be a pain if it doesn't pay off.

Have any of you been able to get the Weight Watchers fitness tapes at your meetings. I have all three. They go with the points booster. Tape 1 would earn me at my weight 1 point. (not worth it)tape 2 would earn me yet 1or2 more points.(not woth it) Buy Tape 3 called Get Fit will earn me 4 points. Thats all I needed to know I've been doing that tape . You get a great 30 minute workout, break a sweat out. of breath workout. It is so worth the 12.95.

Well it is now time for me to move on. Can't sleep again tonight so I'll be on the Web for a while

Karen
Closed Thread