Old 01-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #294 Bale of Turtles Welcoming 2015!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #2  
Chick

Here we go Turtles! Let's make 2015 the year we reach goal!
All the best to all of you. No matter where you are in your weight loss journey, chime in and let's do this!
Judy
Old 01-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Thanks Judy for starting out brand new 2015 thread!

Well, made it through my first workout last night & as we all know with anything the hardest part is to START - so feel good about that.
Did a 1 hour workout plus 5 minute stretch at the end.

Tonight I have my weigh in then I am going to a "Vision Board" workshop with my meditation group - so looking forward to that.
I did a board last year with my Tops group & needless to stay no results.
So this time we will be learning the proper way to do this & not just putting up pictures of everything we want - apparently there is more to it than that.

Been pretty good foodwise this week, starting working out & trying to keep a positive attitude. So I think a successful week overall.

All - hope you are all doing well.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #4  
Chick

So good to hear from you Bandit. Love the positive news.

I had a tough weekend and am still eating over emotions. I know this is my biggest challenge. When my adult "kids" come in with dessert, I need to have a cup of tea and maybe fruit salad. On the good side, I've been walking Mon-Friday with a df . We walk outside for a little more than 1 1/2miles. We are both ready to lengthen our walk, so that should help as well.

Sending good vibes to all the turtles. Bandit, when you get a minute could you explain what a vision board is?

Judy
234.5/201/199 and thinner
Old 01-20-2015, 04:41 PM   #5  

Hi everyone - at my Tops meeting last week I "turtled" which means I stayed the same which is always better than the scale going up.

Judy - nice you & your friend are getting in your walks, that is one of the best exercise I believe. Emotional eating is tough since you are in a "bad place" when you do it & usually things need some time to change. Hopefully you feel better with things quickly.

When we did the "vision board" we glued pictures of things that we wanted to appear in our lives & if these things make you feel good then you can look at it often, however some things may actually discourage you if you think they are too far away for you to reach & in that case but the board away & pull it out a few months from now.

On mine I had a picture of someone walking, at a healthy weight, decluttering, some spa pictures, travel pictures, "me time" pictures & of course some money pictures and a picture of a man/women looking happy together and a family picture.
So I believe these are things that I would like to come into my life.
Now the trick is, not to keep asking for the same things over & over again.
Just once is enough - so we will see what happens.

All - so where are all our turtles? I know it has been cold, but would be nice if they could chime in when they get a chance.

Also, I got in 2 nights of bowling last week plus 2 workouts (hoping for 3 but didn't happen)

Have a great week.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:29 AM   #6  

Ok Ladies I have a question. I am sure that I have asked before but I cant seem to remember. I have a list of Simply Filling foods but could someone remind me of the rules? How many points do you have for the day or the week for things not on the list? And the ones on the list are to be eaten till satisfied right?
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #7  
Chick

Bandit, thanks so much for filling us in on the board/vision. I will make one for myself. I want so badly to reach goal this year. i feel this can be the year if I am vigilant.
I like your explanation of emotional eating and you're right...........the situation is usually one where it will take time to fix itself.

As far as Cherry Autumn's question: This is the deal . WW's developed this plan much like the old CORE plan for WW's who do not like to track or weigh food. The big trick here is there are no points plus involved AS long as you don't overeat to "full" or eat foods off the power foods. If you eat foods that are not Simply Filling foods you count the points plus for them. You have 49 points plus for the entire week for when you want something not on Simply Filling.
I think you've got it! Eat until you are satisfied, but don't eat more. When you need something off plan, like a WW ice cream, you count in the points plus. If you reach 49 points plus, that's it for the week. Good luck with what you're doing. You have been so successful and I know you'll knock off the pounds you want to lose.

I've got good news! I finally broke 200# on the WW scale. My WI was this morning (since I've been watching my sick grandson and couldn't catch my Wed. meeting). My weight was 197.6#. I am so thrilled. Now I have an "official" weight loss of 37#. I had been down 50# and that is what I am working toward. At that point I'll see what my goal weight should be. I am a turtle and I won't give up.

I'd love to hear from as many Turtles as can write. We can do this.

Judy.........Itryharder
234.6/197.6/195 and thinner
Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #8  

Congratulations Judy - that is fabulous, you must be sooooooooo excited to see your weight start with a 1!!! Keep up the good work!

I was down 2.25# last week at my Tops group so was happy with that, but still up from where I was last year.

Baby steps - keep focussed - do something better today than yesterday.
It all adds up to success.

All - have a great week!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:10 PM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Chime in when you can!
Bandit, I know that frustration. I had been down to 182# about 2 years ago.
Then I went up to 204# and had a horrible time breaking thru back into the ones!!!!! It was so weird because I was just about to give up, maintain the weight I was at and throw in the towel because of all the frustration........and I started losing weight again. Losing the weight and seeing my scale go in the right direction made me try harder and so far, so good.

You lost very nicely this week. Weigh to go!!!! Keep it up. You'll get to your weight from last year and then keep on going down. You are a strong gal. You can do this!!!!

To all the other Turtles, Ariana............how are you doing? Princess, it's always good to hear from you. Cherry Autumn, are you trying Simple Start? Any other questions? I hope I made sense.

Let's do this! We're in the middle of a snow storm here and are hoping the power doesn't go out.
Take care.

Judy
234.5/197.6/195 and thinner
Old 01-28-2015, 03:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! I am so out of the loop lately and need to get my act together! Congrats to those that are getting on track and making 2015 their year!

I will try and get back online more often.

Have a great day everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:26 PM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, so good to hear from you. We're all trying to make this a very good year. The way I look at it, there is no reason not to!

I went to my WW mtg. this morning, but we had a big snow and the meeting was cancelled. One of the gals was good enough to do a WI for those of us who showed. In any case, I was so happy because I kept off the weight I lost last week and lost another .8#. That is record breaking for me because in the past I'd lose, feel good, and gain the next week. :

Sending good vibes and lots of encouragement to all the Turtles. We can do this. Look at Princess's support...........one day at a time, one pound at a time.

Judy
234.6/196.8/195 and thinner
Old 02-05-2015, 09:21 AM   #12  

Hi turtles

Judy - Congrats on your weight loss! Keep it going

Princess - nice to see you chiming in, hoping you get refocused.

Pretty good week, got in a couple of workouts & of course, snow shovelling which is really adding up. Last Fri spent 1-1/2 hours outside & it was freezing, yesterday and hour but much warmer. So much snow, but on the upside everything looks so clean & is actually twinkling which is really pretty.

Have my Tops meeting tonight & we started a "Survivor" challenge last week, so will find out more about that - hoping for the scale to be down.

All - have a great week & stay warm.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #13  
Chick

Bandit, keep shoveling! It helps.
Good luck with your WI at Tops.

My WI was good again this week. I did have the flu for three days, so I think that accounts for some of my loss. I lost 2.2# this week and "officially" I am down 40#. that makes me very happy. I am aiming to break 190# next, and then get to the 50# down I had been. Baby steps , baby steps.

I am being very careful with what I eat since I want to take advantage of the loss I had and keep it. I'm trying very hard.

Bandit, so good to hear from you. With the snow and everything it's easy to feel out of touch with friends, so it's so great when you and the other Turtles chime in.

Good vibes and to all of us. A lot of girls in my WW mtg. put on weight this week because of the snow and the call to comfort food. We can do this!! Most of them are determined to do better avoiding sugar......even the WW snacks......and having egg whites or veggies or fruit as snacks.

It's good to have this place to speak. We've been here for a long time.

Have a great week!
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/194.6/189 and thinner
Old 02-11-2015, 10:25 AM   #14  

Hi turtles - so, I was down 1# for the start of our survivor challenge so that was nice.
Last night I had to go & try to flatten out the snow piles along my driveway, since I basically could not see over them. Crazy! But still really pretty.

Loving my meditation class which was last night. Really helping me right now since my dd/grandson/& her fiancé are still living with me & it isn't a huge house. Before this class I was so stressed & upset about lots of things,
now I try to focus on what is really important & not get so worked up about what boils down to minor things. And mentally make a list of things I appreciate - like seeing my grandson & dd everyday, have a warm home with company to come home to & some nights even dinner is made, help with the shovelling.

If things are getting you down, don't focus on that - try & appreciate what you have & remember there are lots of people who would trade places with you in an instant.

I made a cauliflower casserole & meatloaf Mon evening for last nights dinner & turned out yummy.

All - good luck at the scales & chime in when you can.

So, what kind thing did you do for yourself this week?
Old 02-11-2015, 06:02 PM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I didn't realize your family was living with you right now. God bless.
I love your attitude and am so glad the meditation class is helping you.

I was talking to my dil the other day and she was in a real slump. I told her there is always something to be grateful for, even if it is the littlest thing.
I love how you are making things positive and not focusing on the minor.
Weigh to go! Also for losing 1# this week. That's your step in the right direction. :

I did well this week too. My WI is on Wednesdays. This morning I lost another .6# and am very happy. I kept off my "flu weight loss" and was able to knock off another bit of a pound. When I do this week after week, I will make goal.

Kudos to the Turtles,. Bandit, so glad you chimed in. It is encouraging to know you're out there.

Judy
234.6/194/189 and thinner