Old 09-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #76  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like a nice celebration, Amby. and that you walked twice since you r last post. It all counts.

Hi to all the Turtles. Keep on keepin' on.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/183/182 and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:54 PM   #77  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Chicks As I was getting ready for bed & eating a few cookies I remembered that I was asked to give this recipe.

http://www.zonya.com/pdf/recipes/Cocoa_Lava_Kisses.pdf
http://www.zonya.com/healthy_recipes.html
Cocoa Lava Kisses Makes 40 cookies ~ Hands-on/30 min. Oven/30 min.

These heavenly clouds of sweet chocolate work great to take care of a chocolate craving. Unbelievably, they’re fat-free! They are intensely sweet, which will make it easy to stop at 3, which is only 60 calories!
Preheat oven to 250°. Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
Place egg whites/salt in medium bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar to egg whites while constantly whipping. Combine in a cup water/vanilla. Add to mix, a few drops at a time, alternating with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar while constantly whipping. Flake cocoa with a fork to break clumps. Sift if necessary. Fold completely into mix. Place bite-size rounded teaspoons (not tablespoons) of batter onto the wax paper-lined sheets.
Bake approximately 30 minutes. They will be dry on the outside, but moist and lava-like on the inside. They will retain their shape. (If they become completely dry like Styrofoam, they are overbaked.) While kisses are still hot, remove from wax paper and place on a wire rack so they will not stick. After cooling, store kisses in an airtight container.
These freeze well, making them convenient for future chocolate cravings!
Nutrition for 1 cookie: 20 Calories. Fat/Saturated Fat 0. Fiber 0. Cholesterol 0. Sodium 12 mg. Protein 0. Total Carbohydrate 5 g. Sugars 5 g.

I like these cookies because they travel well, so I won't eat Fast Food desserts joining my Dh, eating his Blizzard, milkshake, etc. from the Drive-Thru window.

You can experiment w this recipe, I've also cut the recipe in half, used a little less sugar and added coconut oil and a tiny bit of sweetened coconut flakes. It's really good, kind of like a healthier almond joy. I keep it in the freezer and when I need something sweet and/or a healthy fat (coconut oil) I eat 1 or 2 when I get a bedtime craving.

When I get time I'm going to experiment & add chocolate whey protein and pecan pieces for a small treat with protein. If anyone plays chef & makes a variation of this recipe pLease post it. I won't diet, but I try to 'eat Smart' & avoid junk, & I read labels & I will eat just 1 serving size of the junk foods to stop myself from getting plump/fat... Read & measure 1 serving daily of everything until u learn the portion size to put on your plate. Your memory will make it a lifestyle routine for you & soon you'll b shrinking to your goal size. No dieting needed

Amby, Can we pLease trade DIL's, mine simply hates me unless I'm taking her kids for the weekend. She criticizes me to my son, every time I see her unless I compliment her on everything she does, which is difficult if u ever walked into her filthy/dirty home. My DS works daily in a factory & is too tired to come home & clean, while she's home on her IPhone all day, all week long, no job. My Dh & I have cleaned-up while visiting & DIL was irate & told our son & he got upset. So my friend, count your blessings for the wonderful DIL that u have in your life. My oldest g-babe is 12 yrs. & youngest is 4 yrs. I wish we all lived in the same area, it would b fun to meet-up & go walking together each month Every few yrs. Dh & I walk the Labor Day Mackinaw Bridge its 5 miles across.

Judy, Here's a silly idea but what about being a cartoon character or a food like a giant size candy corn or a ear of corn w your silky blonde hair. Have u ever been Marilyn Monroe, etc.? Please post your costume pic or some of u from your past, to give us some fun ideas.

Cherry, Have u confided to anyone about your emotional needs because the ppl that care about u can help u & sometimes strangers r the best listeners. I'd seek a group w similar probs like u have. Sometimes just being outdoors is awesome for mental healing, playing w your kids or doing something alone. Jesus gets me through the bad things in my life, even when he doesn't give me what I'm asking him for. HE's a awesome listener. There's Christian radio shows & online also; FLR (Family Life Radio), (Focus on The Family) is a blessing & they have daily interactions w ppl that call in. The music & lyrics on it, r today's sound, not traditional. I do enjoy southern gospel, traditional & today's spiritual music. I'm not a old fart that only goes to church, but over the yrs Dh & I began appreciating life more & we seldom go to a bar or rock/country concert now; we r active outdoors more & feel content. Are u involved w other Home Schooling parents, maybe a monthly get together would b helpful. All I can do is send u a hug & I'll put u in my prayers.

Hello to everyone else & take care I hope your health & weight wishes come true, very soon for you'all.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:07 AM   #78  

Dee- Thank you for the thoughtful response. Yes I have a great support
system in my family and most days I am fine. Just one of the struggles
of life. The Turtles have always been supportive to.

Hello also to Amby, Bandit, and Judy. Hope I didn't forget anyone.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:24 PM   #79  
Chick

Oh Dee, I'm sorry your DIL is such a pill. You deserve better. When that happens the poor son is right in the middle trying to not upset either his wife or his mom. Miserable. Love the cookie recipe. I tried one similar to yours using granulated Splenda. It was delicious, but the cookies needed the structure of sugar to hold together, so I ended up with yummy crumbles. I wouldn't make that again. As I get thinner, I'll try your recipe since it sounds so good. Also, thanks for the Halloween tips. Next year I'll try the Marilyn Monroe bit. Wouldn't that be fun? Need to get more pounds off, but it's a cute idea as are the candy packages, etc. I'm still thinking.

Cherry, I like hearing that you have support..............and you know we all are very fond of you and are wishing you well.

I may have hit a plateau. I have been OP for over two and a half months. I am being very careful, but this next pound doesn't want to come off. Hopefully I'll have a nice surprise on the scale on Wed. We'll see. I am ounces away from being fifty pounds down from my original WW weight. I am proud and I want to keep going.

Wishing everyone well. : to you all and : and
Itryharder
Judy
234.5/183/182 and thinner
Old 09-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #80  

Hi Everyone,

Weigh in Today
Maintained but that is ok as I know I stayed within my points and it is just being stubborn.

SW 311
CW 304.6
GW 185

Dee - I think we all can understand about inlaws. This DIL is second wife and she has really been a blessing for my son and all the kids. Now if you want to talk about SIL is another subject all together different.

THANKS so much for the recipes will have to try them this week. Has anyone tried the new Duncan Hines® Perfect Size Cake mix? Serve 2-4
Uses 1 egg and 4 Tbs of butter. 250 cal a serving. I think with Eggbeaters and using Applesauce could get the calories down? I like the idea of less temptation being around lol.

Judy - thinking good thoughts for you on Wed. That is a great accomplishment. Know how proud you are of all the hard work.

Cherry - I live by "this too shall pass" No matter if it is good or bad it will change, you have to stay the course and know that others are there to push when you need it.

It would really be great to be able to meet in person, but sometimes just knowing all of you are going to be here is all someone needs.
I hope to be here more this week, so will go and try to get in some walking today.

Have a great day See you tomorrow
Amby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #81  
Sandee

Hi girls

Judy, Blessings to you for your WW weigh-in that u reached your 50 pound journey : I'm so proud of u for that accomplishment. I lost 20# & when I eat carelessly, it tries to sneak back on me... I routinely get on my scale daily before getting dressed for my day, to remind me to b good when I see tempting food that is difficult to judge the fat/sodium in it when eating away. Good luck Wednesday

Amby, Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Doggies r barking, someone is in our driveway. B back tomorrow
Old 09-23-2015, 09:42 PM   #82  
Chick

Thanks Turtles!!!
I did it. I lost 1.2# this week and got my 50# charm from WW's at my meeting today. I was so excited. I weighed in at the early meeting, then went home and changed into something nicer to go back to my regular meeting. It felt so good to have accomplished this since it was only July 1st. this year that I thought I would never break 200#.
Onward and Downward!!!! : I am so pleased that so many of us are chiming in now and keeping this group alive. Yay.

Dee, thanks for all the insight. Amby, you're doing this. Cherry and Bandit and everybody.......................keep on keepin' on!

I know I can make my goal if I do the right thing every day. We are doing this!
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/184.2/182 and thinner (weight discrepancy is due to WW's scale and my scale being different....this is the "official WW number")
Old 09-24-2015, 11:21 AM   #83  

Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is having a good week. Last couple of days have been busy with dental checkups, and Dr visits.

My hubby had shingles about 5 years ago and every once in while they flair up again. He has had 2 breakouts in his eye and several on his body. Once you get them they do not stay a way just keep coming back.

Judy- way to go !! no how much that weigh in meant to you.

I have a question Dee and others do you think weighing every day helps??

Take care all of you keeping it short today talk tomorrow
Amby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:25 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Judy - congrats on your weight loss, so proud of you & always nice to be recognized at WW for all your efforts. Keep up the good work!

Amby - I weigh every a.m. & others disagree but has just become part of my day.

I have my Tops meeting tonight & we are starting a new contest where we have empty bracelet & add beads for weight loss, stay for meeting etc.
So hoping a new official challenge will get me back on track.

This week hasn't been too bad but still a few over indulgences that I didn't need. Chips are my greatest weakness & still have trouble with those for some kind of portion control - seems all or nothing.

All - good luck at the scales!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #85  
Sandee

Hello Chicklets

Long day for me. Up @ 4am w Dh before he leaves for work, back to sleep @ 5am & up @ 7am for a 45 minute drive to the doctor for my annual pap physical @ 9am, her computers were down/offline so patients had to wait over a hour for our appts. Patient files r in the computer programs... Then dress shopping for +2 hrs for a wedding Saturday. I ended up buying a long slim skirt w 2 side walking slits, I can wear it out anywhere w nice boots this winter & a nice top both a size medium petite length on sale.

Judy on your 1.2# loss @ WW. Do u have a -1# weekly goal? I've cooked some of the dessert WW recipes from their website My Dh doesn't know when he's eating their healthier sweets I've made for us. He's a sugar fool @ Halloween, every flavor of candy corn & if it has a pumpkin on the wrapper he buys & eats it. His work friends luv my pumpkin-sweet potato pies so much that they buy them from me during the holidays & give them as gifts. My favorite 3 pies r my strawberry-raspberry & my peanut butter brownie fudge & my triple lemon pie. I won prizes for them & so I don't give out those recipes, to enter them in more contests. I have 2 favorite cakes that I luv to get for my birthday; German chocolate or banana cream cake w white fudge frosting My meals I cook w 1/2 the salt & 3/4 of the sugar & 3/4 oil a recipe asks for, & often I substitute fruit for the sugar & oil.

Amby I'm so sorry about your Dh's shingles/eye, I'll add him to my prayer list. We don't have dental coverage, so I feel that nuisance/bill w my Dh sugar habit, he's had fillings & root canals wasting his paycheck. After 2 of my girlfriends getting Shingles, I got my vaccination last yr. a $200 shot when I turned 60 yr. I wish that health insurance covered it. YES, I think a morning weigh-in nude, when we get up for the day makes a huge impact on our brain. We remember that number even if u don't have a daily log. I've kept a log-in journal in notebook for 2 yrs now. I typed it out & then used my copier & put it into folders, I tried using a notebook, but I like just checking off boxes on pages better, ex: date, my wake-up weight, breakfast, lunch, snack, supper w boxes across listing: bread/carbs, fruit, protein, veggies & water. Activities line & dessert line & salty & sweet snack entry line. I'm my own Food Police When I look @ my page & if I have a +gain of +2# & it isn't gone 3 days afterwards then I Know it isn't a water gain from salt; so then I drink only water for my snacks & I eat less than 1 serving size until that 1, 2 or 3# is gone & my weight is back to -145# or less. Logging my foods is just my way of keeping me Real, no excuses for eating stupid & wasting money to get unhealthy. My Dh does that @ the dentist & he's still in remission w colon cancer for 6 yrs, his attitude is 'I'll die happy, eating what tastes good; either in a car wreck or a
from a disease. Men r manly...

Bandit, I hope u have a nice Loss @ TOPS tonight Their games r fun & motivational. R u a officer there? I should b rich from all the potato chips I've eaten through the yrs. Now I only eat the Lays Low Sodium & the Wal-Mart Limeon potato chips, which r a 10 oz. bag now; but I allow myself 2, '1 serving size' portions, per snack to stay honest & I measure 2 protein servings of nonfat plain yogurt to use as my dip. I allow myself 2 snacks daily, a afternoon & a evening & when I crave potato chips I eat them @ both my snacktimes. I tried nonfat cottage cheese, but the sodium label was high so I switched to the yogurt for both the extra protein & calcium benefits. I like the taste of the Wal-Mart brand, it reminds me of sour cream. On 'The Doctors TV show' they said why buy pricey Greek yogurt, when the normal is the same, because Greek just has more water drained from it; so if more water is added to the Greek yogurt the protein, calcium levels lowers like in normal yogurt When I crave salt I add more spices to whatever I eat, or when it's cold outdoors
I sip a huge hot cup of low sodium tomato juice & add chili powder, etc. It's fun to play w our food. If I get a sweets craving @ home I split a whole grain English muffin & spread some peanut butter on it & sprinkle on 1 serving of chocolate chips & put it in the microwave for 30 seconds; that is soo delicious & healthy. My Dh smells it or sees it then he makes himself the same but w/o measuring, he's thin 32" waist, 170# & 5'9" so whatever I eat he eats 3x as much... Men r soo lucky to have a fast metabolism, Not fair to us.

Cherry, Hi I hope that your week is going better than last week was Good luck w your new school year & the kiddos. My doctor I saw today wears a size 0 & is 5' tall petite frame bones, 48 yrs old, told me my muscles weren't toned & very soft & suggested for me to buy a Fitbit Charge & use it now & during the winter to go to a bike 'spin-class' or buy a stationary bike. I have 1 bad knee & she & the orthopedic doctor said if ppl have a bad ankle or knee to avoid using a treadmill & stair-climber machine because of the pounding repetition & I have a friend whose doc told her the same thing after having bad pain & having to get shots in her knee. So u can have lots of fun walking w your kiddos, playing & riding bikes this fall.

Everybody have a fun weekend
Old 09-26-2015, 01:21 PM   #86  

Happy Saturday, turtles:

Lovely sunny day up here, so enjoying it while we can. Took my gs to park yesterday & for a big walk & today we went to the zoo, since it will be closing soon. So lots of fresh air.

I was down 1# at Tops this week & our contest officially kicked off with our 1st weigh in next week.

Mini - I was assistant weight recorder last year but not this year. We try & change up the volunteer positions & our new executive took over a few weeks ago & we have a new leader, so looking forward to some new programmes.

I also have bad knees & doctor told me to take tylenol arthitis & that seems to help. Also the more I walk, the better I feel - even a short walk around the block helps.

All - have a good week!
Old 09-26-2015, 04:41 PM   #87  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Isn't this fun? We are really jumping on this thread again. I'll gladly start a new thread, but I don't want to lose anyone in the process. Let me know if you want me to start a new thread.

This has been a great week for the Turtles,
Bandit, : for the pound loss and also : for the Tops challenge. You have done great with the challenges in the past.
Oh, chips...................my granddaughter loves them, so i try to have only tortilla chips in the house which I don't have to eat. Somehow Pringles sneaked in and I'm glad they are gone!!

Dee, wedding fun, I love having a long black skirt. Honestly it's great for a wedding and yet it can look more casual with different tops and shoes. I bet you look great in it. You weigh what I am hoping to get to. for all your perseverance. Oh, I agree about the Greek yogurt. I have often just strained regular yogurt to get a denser texture for a dip or other things. So easy and much less expensive. You have loads of good snack ideas. Keep those coming.

Amby, shingles can be so horrible as I'm sure your husband knows. Both my husband and I got shingles shots a couple of years back, so we are hoping that they help. By the way, I WI every morning. It is especially helpful when I think I've eaten "way out of line", only to find out that whatever it was didn't make me gain a lot. That way I'm encouraged to keep on track and keep on going.

I'll find out about my knee next week when I get to see an orthopedist. It seems fine now, but I want clearance about a treadmill. I'll see what he has to say.

Okay, keep on chiming in. : and to us all!
Itryharder
Judy
234.6/183/182 and thinner
Let me know if you prefer me to start a new thread.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:23 AM   #88  

Judy - yes a new thread would be nice, seeing we are beginning a new season!
Old 09-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #89  
Chick

Okay Turtles,
Thanks Bandit.
I'll start a new thread. Look for #295 Bale of Turtles Welcoming Fall and a New Weight Goal

See you all there.
Judy
Itryharder
Old 12-30-2016, 08:33 AM   #90  
Gin

Hi,i'm newbie . My name is Gin .
All - have a great week & stay warm.
Gin
30/12/2016
Gin1912 is offline   Reply With Quote