Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 08:30 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Wednesday's Here! ~July 23

BBIAM~ Translation Be Back in a Minute
Old 07-23-2003, 08:46 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey girls, Thanks for all of the quesadilla suggestions. I read them this morning but the good news is the recipe that I found was really good. DH and I loved them. Unfortunately I didn't have the low fat products but if I would have it would have been low points. Well I have a ton of work to do Ijust wanted to get the thread rolling. Everyone come out and let us know how your doing!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:02 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Morning, Becky. It's so nice to know I'm not the only one up and rolling so early. I'mg lad the quesadillas came out well. Would you mind cutting and pasting the recipe into the yum yum thread? I have low-carb tortillas,and I'm dying to see how they work for the different kinds of quesadillas.

I got my highlights redone last night as well as chopping a good deal of my hair off. Laura, I'm so bummed to know that there won't be anyone out there lusting after my hair anymore. But I really did need a change, and I'm really liking what they did -- an inverted bob that's stacked. I don't know if that description would mean anything to anyone (all terms from my hair stylist days, sorry) but I'm loving it. And to top it off, my stylist was selling the most GORGEOUS bracelets that a jewelry-designer client of her makes, and of course I had to have one. I also got the friend of mine who does Aaron's daycare one -- I think that daycare providers need bonuses and perks every bit as much as we do. So I am feeling very pretty with my new bracelet!

Topic of the day: Who is the famous person or people, who you just don't get, i.e. don't understand what's so hot about them, see no talent in their acting, etc. We all know from last week that I think Brad PItt looks like he might stink and is all scruffy and sloppy. The other ones I just don't get are Charlize Theron (I think she's a horrible actress), Melanie Griffith (the worst actress I've ever seen, and really stupid in real life) and Ben Affleck (he's so completely blah. Blah blah blah...nothing at ALL special about him). Who do you all think is just not worth all the attention and hype that they get?

I think I'm going to go sit on the couch and stare vacantly at Good Morning America. Aaron had me up half the night. I really think he knows that Drew is away and is a little anxious about it, because there was no other reason for him to have such an awful string of nights. Maybe I can even doze off a little before his majesty wakes up!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:17 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello!! I've been lurking a lot, not much to say (and not much time to say it in!). Things WW-wise aren't so great, but they're not near as bad as they have been, so I'm not stressing. Work is keeping me swamped, and probably will until mid-October.

But, I just wanted to pop in for a second and post so no one wonders where I've gone--I'm here, just quiet lately. I'm glad things are going so well for everyone and hope they continue to go well!!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:52 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Jayne~ I posted the recipe! And as far as an actor that I just don't get. hmmmm this is tough. That guy that is on X Men. I think he is a wolf. I am so not into him. I am not doubting his acting skills but I am so not attracted. The same for Russel Crowe, now HE seems to me like he could use a shower and a shave and I am into rugged looking guys. Ben Affleck to me is very boy next door and not anything special along with Matt Damon. Ok I know I am stepping on toes here but I just don't get it. I do however have a minor crush on Ashton Kutcher. He cracks me up. Ohh I also don't like the hot guy on While you were out. Granted he is a hottie but I hate his attittude. I find him quite full of himself and somewhat of a baby. I'll take TY anyday of the week For girls I find Tara Reid very overrated. Ok enough of that b/c now I am obsessing about who else I "don't get".

Morning Jess, Glad that you popped in!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:58 AM   #6  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Jess, I'm glad you at least popped in. You know, even if you don't have a lot to say, you could come and say absolutely nothing interesting, like me! Tell us who you think is so not all that! That will give you something to say...

*hug* I've missed you, gf!

Oh yeah, and Lex -- how does your head feel this morning?

Last edited by aaronsmom; 07-23-2003 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:11 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jayne - are you sure that we weren't separated at birth? Your celebrity "I don't get" list reads like mine. Although, I'd throw Cameron Diaz in there too. I'm so glad you like your hair. Post a new pic so that I can lust after the new 'do. I really need to get my highlights re-done so I'm jealous of you.

Hi Jess! Good to see you. Pop in when you can.

Becky - I checked out your quesadilla recipe. Looks yummy.

Not much going on. Went to yoga last night and then did 30 minutes on the treadmill and some ab work. Got back into my work-outs this morning by doing 1 Mile WATP and the Firm's Super Body Sculpt. I can sure feel my legs!

I've decided that the points system needs to be revamped. Points should be assigned on how filling something is. For intance, watermelon (my breakfast) is not as filling as an apple. Therefore, the watermelon should be fewer points than the equivalent amount of apple.

I really need to do yardwork work tonight. If I don't mow soon, the neighbors may stone me. Unfortunately, what I want to do is curl up on the couch with CB and watch a movie. Please join me in praying for copious amounts of rain starting at 5PM.

Laura
Old 07-23-2003, 11:20 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Remember the non-filling watermelon. I had 2 cups of that and was still hungry. So I followed it up with a cup of grapes. A while later decided that I still didn't feel full and had a cup of cauliflower followed by a cup of carrots.

I managed to have all of my planned veggies and fruit in the space of an hour.

Why oh why didn't I do the sensible thing and eat my yogurt or hard boiled egg?

Laura
Old 07-23-2003, 11:24 AM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

And one other thing. My clothes fit when I got dressed this morning. And by fit I do NOT mean that I laid on the bed and wiggled my way into my pants while holding my breath until they were buttoned. My clothes actually fit.

So why is it that the moment I sat down at my desk fat rolls immediately appeared and popped out at all the most unattractive places?

Hmmm... I probably sound grumpy. I'm not. Just in a "why is the sky blue?" kind of mood.

Laura
Old 07-23-2003, 11:42 AM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

I'm all alone in here.........
Old 07-23-2003, 11:45 AM   #11  

i never thought cindy crawford was that pretty...up close i think she looks like a man. and j-lo gets on my nerves! lol for men...russel crowe drives me crazy cuz he is so full of himself and a jerk in interviews. and i never got the hype about tom cruise. yah hes boysih cute but he's like 4 feet tall and scrawny and i think he looks gay. BUT that's just my opinion, i didn't ask the question.

well i was SO BAD last night and had 2 peices of apple cheesecake and some bites of chocolate mousse cake. i had a bad day at work and went on a sugar binge. i felt so sick afterwards, it was so not worth it. lesson learned. i didn't wake up in time to do my WATP i promised myself i would do 3x week this week. so i WILL do it tonight. we take our new puppy to the vet tonight for a check up and shots so i'll do it after that. work is stressing me out so i have to hang in there. wish me luck.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:47 AM   #12  
Canadian Chick

Morning gals, I ended up having an unplanned sub for supper last night but I had banked points so I'm ok. Having a good visit with MIL. Its really hot here.

You guys have named pretty much everyone I'm not into except Nicole Kidman & Calista Flockhart. Did you hear she's having Harrison's baby?

Good quesadilla discussion yesterday. I make mine under the broiler so i don't need to use any oil. Today we're making another low point favorite of mine: Denver Sandwiches. When you use low point eggs or egg sunstitute with whole grain bread they are super low in points like 3-4 points a serving plus really filling. I can't wait for lunch!

Jayne glad you like you're new hair though I don't understand the terminology!

Becky, glad you & dh liked the quesadillas. Don't you love allrecipes.com?

Jes glad you got a chance to pop in. Hope today is your stellar OP day!

Laura, go do a rain dance!

Amber hope you find a better way to deal withyour stress than eating.

Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by RhubarbJelly; 07-23-2003 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:51 AM   #13  

you're not alone Laura...i am grumpy as heck today and don't know why. one of those days...
Old 07-23-2003, 12:05 PM   #14  
Proud Canadian

Morning!!! I had a busy night last night volunteering in ER - it was a crazy night. I slept very well though cause I was so tired. Now to wake up and do some work! As a blast from the past, I never could figure out the Ricky Martin thing. And Regis Philbin annoys me. I used to enjoy the show, now if it ends up on my TV, I'd rather turn it off. So yeah, I could go on for a really long time but I won't. I had a big debate with my brother this morning about J.Lo. I enjoy her acting - she's very sincere but in interviews and stuff, and the music, I'm not getting it.
Jayne - Sounds like you had a nice day. Does your head feel really light now?
Morning Becky! I've convinced my mom to make quesedillas after the talk about them yesterday. Lets hope we can find some low fat stuff.
Hi Jess! Nice to know you're still around!
Laura - I can't think of any situation where fat rolls can pop out attractively. I go for camoflague.
Amber - I hope you have a better day at work today with no evil sugar binges.
Alright, better get to it. I'll check back in later.
KT
Old 07-23-2003, 12:07 PM   #15  
Proud Canadian

Rina we were posting at the same time - glad you're having a good visit!
Calista's having Harrison's baby!?! That's news to me. Wonder what she'll look like preggers?
KT
Closed Thread