Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 08:36 AM   #16  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Y'all ~ (that's Texas for you's.......)

I wasn't online yesterday, still getting back into the swing of things here after vacation. What a job, just getting things at home AND at work back to normal.....almost makes you not want to take a vacation, huh?? NOT!!!!!

Essie ~ I have always hated veggie burgers and to be honest, don't like any of them except one. I'm not a veggie kinda gal.....I know, not good when you're trying to lose weight. The ones I get are made by Morning Star and they are the "southwestern style" protein burger. Now, while that doesn't sound good, they really are. I actually can think I'm eating a real burger and while I don't like my REAL burgers well done, this is like a well done burger ~ but I feel that the well done kind is better than none at some point. Ok, that was a ramble just to tell you which ones, huh?

Hi Jen, Dianne, Terri and Myra ~ hope everyone is doing well and I am praying for all of us in our endeavor, for success.

See you's later
Zoe
Old 03-15-2001, 02:45 PM   #17  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I should be cleaning, but feel kind of lazy; it's cold and rainy here, my couch is calling me!

I think it's great if Rosie has joined WW....it's a feather in their cap to have two famous spokespersons. Not like the one Jenny Craig had!!

We're hosting St. Patrick's Day dinner on Saturday. Everyone has been coming here for quite a few years, so it's become a tradition for us to have it. It's funny how the stores have been picking up on every "holiday" and making a big to-do over them. There are decorations, streamers, etc.; I even saw St. P's leis yesterday! We keep it simple....a good dinner, beer and Irish coffee.

Hi to all of you --hope everyone's well.

~Jen
Old 03-15-2001, 07:32 PM   #18  

Hello My Buddies

Question? Terri & Myra, where are you? Hope all is well.

Zoe, I know you've been busy since you got home but it was fun wasn't it? I need a vacation real bad. I'm thinking about a cruise for next year. Hubby is very content staying home so I'll have to be the one to make all the plans. We are very overprotective when it comes to our pets. My sister or my son would have to babysit. You probably think I'm weird.

Jen, St. Pat's sounds like it's going to be fun. Would that be lite beer? Kidding!!

Have a good night guys
Old 03-16-2001, 12:46 AM   #19  

Hi Jen, Essie, Dianne and Zoe!!!
Welcome back Zoe. Hope you had fun. It has been awhile since I have been here. Zoe probably lost that 5 pounds already. Which by the way isn't bad for vacation. That will be off in no time.
I love Boca burgers. they are only 1 point and boy they are good. I do not like reg. veggie burgers.

Rosie is funny with WW. She does have a lot of laughs at WW expense. I am waiting for WW to get Fergie booked on the show. She is bashing the program but it is in fun but I am waiting for the big wigs to come out.

Have you made a decision yet Essie? I am so protective with my pets too. I think more than with the kids. j/k

I love all of your icons. I will figure out how to go somewhere else and find one. That is

I hope everyone has a wonderful St. Patty's Day. It is my FIL's birthday on that day. He is part Irish.

I love all the parties you have Jen. Mardi Gras and now St. Pattys. That is so great.

I hope to not stay away anymore. These threads are getting long. WOW!
busy, busy, busy!!!!!
I'll catch up on all of them tomorrow so if I missed anything I am sorry.
Happy Friday,
Terri
Old 03-16-2001, 07:03 AM   #20  

Terri, I missed you. No decision yet. I'm leaving WW thread for awhile. I do love it here but I'm trying something else. I know, I know, it's the best progam out there but I'm noticing alot of success with another one.

I will e-mail everyone by Sunday or before depending how busy I'll be this weekend.

Believe me you are not getting rid of me that easy

Love,
Essie

Last edited by livingfit426; 03-16-2001 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-16-2001, 12:15 PM   #21  

Essie,
Good luck with whatever it is you are going to try. Motivation is the biggest thing. It has to be something that you can live with the rest of your life. Be careful and let us know your decision. You can still come on as much as you like. If you don't we will
Luv ya,
Terri
Old 03-16-2001, 02:07 PM   #22  

Well, I went to the place only to get turned away. I was very upset at first but then while I was pulling out of the parking lot I thought their loss not mine. You all know about my medical condition, that was the reason. It wasn't meant to be. Sticking with WW.

I told you you weren't getting rid of me.
Old 03-16-2001, 05:41 PM   #23  

I can't believe that. I didn't know that they could that.
Let me know later what they said. I am sorry yet I am glad you are still with us.
You are too good for them. We still got ya.
Have a great weekend everybody.
Terri
Old 03-16-2001, 06:59 PM   #24  

Terri,

One of the attorney's I work with asked me if I want to do something about this. She feels it's discrimination. What made me so angry was they never mentioned anything about medical conditions. I called first. When I got there they gave me the form & said as soon as I finished they would take care of me. She gave me a tour, showed me pictures of all the successful people then brought me to the back. Asked me if I wanted to take off my shoes, which of course I said yes, then just before I was about to get on the scale she said"wait a minute" You have -------- we can't help you, I'm sorry. The best thing for you would be to see a dietician. It's too long for me to get into the rest but I was very upset. I offered to bring a Drs. note & she still said they can't be held responsible if I become ill!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!! Never again will try a "quick weight loss program". I'm happy here anyway. Here's to LAWL

Last edited by livingfit426; 03-16-2001 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-16-2001, 07:57 PM   #25  

Talking

Hi everyone:

Essie -- I'm sorry that happened to you, but your'e right, it's their loss (and our gain by the way). I would be really sad not to hear from you anymore. Hang in here, it will click, eventually.

Terri -- Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day. Happy Birthday to your FIL. I'm half Irish as well. Half Irish and half Puerto Rican - some combo, huh? LOL.

Jen - enjoy your St. Pat's dinner also. I'll be cooking corn beef and cabbage tomorrow, but I'm not drinking any green beer, LOL.

Hi Zoe & Myra - have a great weekend.

Dianne

Last edited by decemberdianne; 03-16-2001 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-17-2001, 01:24 AM   #26  

Essie,
That is so wrong. I am so sorry. Please! What could a sensible diet do to you? That would set me back years in my quest to improve my self esteem.
I am glad you are back anyway.

Dianne,
That sounds like a pretty combination. I can just imagine so many different features that would compliment each nationality. I am 100% Italian but I still wear green on St. Patricks Day.

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone.
Terri
Old 03-17-2001, 06:54 AM   #27  

Hi

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone

Dianne, nice combo. My brother's kids are Puerto Rican, Italian & Irish. His 2 girls came out with dark hair & dark eyes & his 3 boys have blue eyes & blonde hair. But all came out the Rodriguez nose! I wish I could show you a picture. They are so adorable. Have fun today.

Terri, I hope you enjoy your day too. I just realized I don't have anything green but Pete does ! I am Puerto Rican & Cuban & a little bit chinese. I found that out not too long ago. My great grandfather was chinese.

Haven't heard from Myra in awhile. We miss you

Zoe, how's it going?

You all (you's) have a great day

Love, Essie
Old 03-17-2001, 08:28 AM   #28  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Good Saturday Morning Y'all ~

Well, I got one week under my belt after coming back from vacation.....boy, that was so hard and a rough and long week! But it's gone and the weekend is here. Yeah!!

Jen ~ I used to do Jenny Craig, way back many years ago. I am a lifetime member and can join any time for no start up fee but the food is SOOOoooo expensive!! Anyway, I can't, for the life of me, think of who the spokesperson for Jenny Craig is/was....other than old Jenny herself.........

Essie ~ Busy isn't the word but I'm all caught up now (at work anyway) and Monday will be the start of a better week. I am so, so sorry about what happened to you. I was so sad to hear that you were leaving here but annoyed that they (the other group) would be that way. But like you said, it's their loss ~ you have us and we'll help you in any way we can. We love you.

Terri ~ Yes, I had lots of fun and as you probably read, grabbed onto 5 pounds but hey, it was vacation, right?? I'm back OP now.

Dianne ~ Hi girl....hope you're doing well.

we're going to the Fort Worth Spring Home and Garden show today (or tomorrow) so that should be fun. Now that we have renovated our ENTIRE home, the outside has been neglected and needs an 'ambulance'.

Have a great St. Patrick's Day..........

Love You's all ~
Patti
Old 03-17-2001, 12:34 PM   #29  

Terri - thanks, its some combination all right. I have jet black hair and hazel eyes and for some reason, the combination of puerto rican and irish makes me look Italian, LOL!! I can't tell you how many people in my neighborhood talk to me in italian. The girl who cuts my hair says she thought I was "straight off the boat". Oh, well you never know what these combo's are gonna give you, but it sure is interesting. My mom is blond and blue eyed (she's the irish one of course, LOL) and my dad is dark hair and dark eyes. My sons are dark hair and eyes and my daughter has brown hair and hazel eyes like her mom.

Essie -- My 1st grandson is Puerto Rican, Irish and Peruvian! Yet he has gray/blue eyes which come from my Irish side, so it even shows up in the next generation. I have a united nations family. I have 3 other grandchildren who are puerto rican, irish and philppino. They are all gorgeous.

Well, gotta run ladies, I'm going to a baby shower next week and still have to get the gift!! That's me, last minute sue!

Talk to everyone later. Hi Jen, Myra & Zoe!!

Dianne
Old 03-17-2001, 06:45 PM   #30  

Hi Girls.
You all sound lovely. I look Italian. My grandfathers were born there and they came over and married my grandmas. My paternal grandma was 14. MY DAUGHTER'S age. I can't believe that. She had 4 kids by the time she was 20. That was in 1920. Boy times have changed.

Congrats for getting right back on Zoe. That is the way to live. YAY!!!!

I hope y'all had a great St. Patrick's Day.

Terri
Closed Thread