View Poll Results: You meet a genie and get a choice of 6 wishes...which do you choose?
A thin body 3 16.67%
Looking young forever 1 5.56%
A completely hot man in your life whom you LOVE and is dying to marry you and give you babies 4 22.22%
Everyone will always really like you 1 5.56%
Genius intelligence/Knowing what to do in every situation 2 11.11%
Perfect health until you die in your sleep on your 101st birthday 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 12:02 PM   #16  
A Yankee in Virginia

I lost another pound! Not as much as I hoped, but I did pretty good considering I went to two parties over the weekend and to an amusement park.

Laura: Don't fret. And I'm sure it was a TOM gain. I bet it'll drop next week.

Good poll, Jayne! I picked the perfect health one, because I figure if I were in perfect health then I WOULD be thin. And watching my grandma get older, I don't want to feel my age.

Well, I have a lot to do today, so I won't be posting much. Have a good day!
Old 07-18-2003, 12:03 PM   #17  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning

I jumped on the scale this morning - down 1 more #! Woo-hoo! I'm getting closer and closer....

I picked the hot man one... After all, i'm thinner than i've been in years (still not THIN but comparatively...), not too concerned about looking young yet (i'm only 23!), and I do NOT want to live until 101 either!

Jayne - you're full of great polls this week - and lasagna!

Jess - I'd like to say it doesn't matter what people think of you! But i know what you mean, it's hard to know that there are people around you just can't win over.... but forget about it and enjoy your chinese buffet tonight!

Lexxy - ewww! not sure the discreet way to ask them to please keep their germs on their side, but good luck!

Kierie- that elliptical kicked my @ss yesterday too - i didn't think i was going to make it or that i could sweat that much! (too much info?

gotta get back to work so a quick hi to everyone i missed

lori your pasta sounds awesome!

and i'm off...
Old 07-18-2003, 12:04 PM   #18  

i hear a lot of people talking about the eliptical machine...what is it and is it a total body workout??? thanks!
Old 07-18-2003, 12:23 PM   #19  

Amber, eliptical machines are no-imapct total exercise machines. Some of them have "arms" or poles you can hold onto and those kind are total body. Others just work your legs, but are still killer, depending on intensity.

Lori, the pasta does sounds great. I want some!

Angie and Kim, congrats on the 1lb loss! I am the same I was last week (just changed my sig), but since it was like a 7 lb drop the first week, I'll take it.

Laura, I agree, there's no way you gained 3 lbs in a week. Imagine all the extra food you'd have to eat for that! With CB moving in, will you be free to quit job #2 financially? That might take a huge load off.

Emily, good luck with weigh, in, don't be nervous!

Becky, I read East of Eden waaay back in high school. Although I don't think I ever finished it. For some reason I CHOSE to read that book for a paper, and I just remember the hardcover book being SO long. Comprable to those Harry Potter books.

Well, gotta go get my microwave lunch. Finally something to eat that's cooked!
Old 07-18-2003, 12:37 PM   #20  
Canadian Chick

Morning gals! Busy in here again today! Awesome! Well we didn't get in any exercise yesterday. We worked in the morning. It was too hot in the afternoon & then in the evening it was still too hot so we ended up going to a movie. Its LOTR Two Towers, which I had seen before but dh hadn't. He just wanted to go to that one b/c it is long & he could be in the air conditioning longer! Today is bloody hot. I think in order to get in some exercise we're going to have to go swimming or something to keep us cool. Not my favorite activity-first of all sho likes to be in their bathing suit. Secondly I can't really swim. At the indoor pool closest to us they have a water walking lane where you walk against a current so that's good for me. I gotta go check their website for the times. Tonight we're going to a baseball game which is always fun. We have staduim seats we bring that have pockets so I use them to smuggle in healthy snacks. Tomorrow will be challenging. For lunch I'm meeting one of my buds from out of town at Boston Pizza. I'm planning ahead what I'm going to eat. For supper we're supposed to go out with another friend of ours. She is my WW buddy & so I let her pick what we're doing. She picked The Taste Of Saskatchewan which is a food festival where a bunch of restaurants in town set up tents by the river & every eats. Unfortunately menus are limited to things that are fast like deep fried stuff. Neither DH or I want to go-way too much temptation. I have lots of points banked this week but eating out two times in one day is going to be a big challenge. Sunday my cousin is coming to town b/c she has a meeting Monday morning. The Tuesday my MIL is coming to stay for a couple of days, which should be nice. I'm lucky b/c my MIL is awesome That's about it for me. What are you guys up to?

For the poll I picked the thin body. I already have the husband. I don't want to live to be 101 unless all my loved ones do. I feel competent enough to handle most situations. I would like to be instantly thin-really who wouldn't? But instead I'll just work on it one pound at a time.

Becky, I got October Song by Beverly Lewis & I got soem of the Harry Potter books. My cousin had given me the first one the other week & now I'm hooked.

Laura you know its water! Moving in! Living with guys is interesting but worth it in the end!

Lori I can't believe you're due so soon! Seems like yesterday you were telling us the good news! Do you have everything ready?

Angie & Kim! wtg on another one banished forever!

Emily & Belle, how did WI go?

Kier glad you got yourself to the gym no matter what. Keep it up!

Lexxy I would flat out tell them. So what if they think you're being rude. THEy are the ones being rude.

Jes glad you popped in.

Jayne now b/c you said that about yourself you have to tell us three nice wonderful things about you the girl WE all love!

KT did you watch AR? I knew it was a NE point! Yay Jon & Al! BB tonight! Can't wait.

Hi to anyone who posted while I did!
Hope you all have a great OP day & weekend (if I don't get back here later)
Old 07-18-2003, 12:38 PM   #21  
Canadian Chick

Lexxy I don't find Harry P long! I read the first one in 3 hours & the one I read yesterday took about 4! They are so good I can fly through them!
Old 07-18-2003, 12:46 PM   #22  
Proud Canadian

Hi Guys!!

Things are finally slowing down a bit here although I have a TON of filing to catch up on. At least I don't have a line up of 10 students waiting to see me. I picked the man on the poll. I don't care to be "thin" I'd rather be "athletic" and I don't think I want to live to be 101. Right now I'm at a place in my life where I want to be married and have babies so that's the most appropriate. My own made up choice would be good health for my entire family. We've had so many health problems the last little while that it would be nice to not have to worry about it for a while.
Jayne - Good post to stir up some discussion!
Jess - Nice to "see" you! I've been busy too.
Lexxy - I agree with Kierie - PURELL - I have 2 bottles in my desk at work cause I deal with the public all day. I would probably say something if they did it when I was right there but not if I was only overhearing it.
Laura - exciting moving in together. How did you decide who's place it was going to be?
Amber - hope you have a great WI!
Kier - way to crunch! you go girl!
Belle - I sympathize with the evil MIL experience you had on vacation. At least you're home now where you can relax. Hopefully WI won't be too bad.
Lori - nice to see you two are doing well.
Becky - I hope you find something perfect this weekend that's cheaper than you expected (how's that for a genie wish?)
Kim - Way to go! Another pound gone is another pound gone!!
OK, I ran out of time now on this huge monster post. Everyone have a great OP day and I'll try to check in later.
KT
Old 07-18-2003, 01:02 PM   #23  
Proud Canadian

Rina - yes, I watched. I knew too. I still love Al and Jon too but I'm glad the evil two didn't go yet.
KT
Old 07-18-2003, 01:39 PM   #24  
You're a smoothie.

well ladies i didn't get to my WI. i was getting ready to go and suddenly felt SO sick. it was weird. i actually fell asleep and just woke up and feel fine so i don't know what that was all about. i'm planning on weighing in tomorrow morning! time for lunch (i haven't even eaten yet today) and then to work out..then i'll be back for a real post!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:17 PM   #25  

Emily, I was feeling light-headed a bit earlier too. It was wierd because I had just eaten, too. Now I have a total headache and just want to go home and take a nap. GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!

Rina, I agree, those Harry Potter books flew by. I was just saying the thickness was similar....I think 800 pages of Steinbeck takes a bit longer For me anyway.

Anyway, I'm totally grumpy now and just want to go home, but can't =( I'm counting down the minutes!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:23 PM   #26  
Duchess Tiger Lily

East of Eden has to be my all time favorite book...after all, I have a son named Aaron and a dog named Abra (who lives with my parents). I reread it each year at least once. Enjoy, Lex!

Everyone else, thanks so much...you guys just about bring tears to my eyes. I've really got to get out of that whole self-loathing habit. But on the upside, I went shopping today and cleaning lady was here, and I am sitting in my beautifully cleaned house and now feeling very good and peaceful. AAAhhhh....
Old 07-18-2003, 02:48 PM   #27  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hey, Lori ... do you have names picked out yet? I love talking baby names. Now, here's something disgusting. A co-worker just had her second baby, and she ONLY GAINED 10 PREGNANCY LBS! I didn't even know she was ready to have the baby. A healthy, 6 lb baby boy. She's also 6 feet tall, so I guess that might have something to do with it.

Kierie: The elliptical is my new friend at the gym. I'm up to 30 minutes now, although it seriously kicked my a$$ at first. The other day, I even upped the resistance a little but I didn't last as long that way!

Well, I REALLY need to work. The Internet is really, really dangerous sometimes.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:45 PM   #28  

elliptical trainers-i hate to be a pain, but would anyone mind looking at this page and telling me which one looks like a decent one? i know nothing about these machines but here they are an awesome total body workout and want to look into them more but am not sure where to start. i don't want to get stuck with a cheap one. thanks!
http://www.thesportsauthority.com/fa...1&pageBucket=0
Old 07-18-2003, 04:32 PM   #29  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls it was a rough day Gramma had a heart thing so once I logged off I ran for hours making sure she was ok making calls making breakfast by the time I got to sit down I passed out I wanted to stress eat but! i didnt binge I had 3 cookies which totalled 9 grams of carbs usually one satiates me but heart stuff freaks me out I'm spending the weekend with BF and we are goign to a friends tonight for dinner
its for Shabbat the Jewish Sabbath its amazingly fun Lots of booze and food and with us singing and dirty jokes I already decided I'm ahving 1 bite of bread b/c its part of the blessing and one sip of wine for the same reason
(jane have you been?)
I better go pack I can't go around naked. . .or can I?
Old 07-18-2003, 04:37 PM   #30  
Never Quit!

Talking Time Flies!

Hello everyone. I love this 20-30 Something thread! I have been so swamped and haven't had time to post anything.

I pretty much have blown the week. My fault too because I kept putting off grocery shopping since I have been back from vacation. When I don't have the tools in the kitchen, I tank . I am trying not to get discouraged and just pick out recipies and get stocked for the week. Journaling really makes a difference too. I am going to write out my goals for Labor Day and put them where I can see them at all times. I think that will help too.

Angie & Kim: Excellent job on the loss. Slow and steady definely wins the race

Lexxy: I bought "East of Eden" because of the Oprah Book Club. I hope to start it this weekend. What was the general concensous (SP?). I hope it is as good as she made it seem.

Ok, everyone. I just got out of a meeting with my Manager (Weight Watcher member too) and she has convinced me to go to tomorrow's weigh in. So I am going, and not happy about it!!!

I will write this weekend to fill everyone in and catch up on posts!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

~Cuba
Closed Thread