Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 04:24 PM   #16  
A Yankee in Virginia

Belle: Honey, I'm sorry! I think sometimes the mothers of our guys just have trouble cutting the proverbial apron strings and get very protective. It wasn't at all fair of her to act that way to you, and you had every right, anyway, to want a vacation for yourself and not just hang around the sidelines while BF visited with his mother!

If you do married BF, remember you'd be marrying him, not his mother. Yeah, it would suck if you don't get along, but I wonder if she'd change her mind once she realized you were around to stay. Who knows, maybe she was using her own way of testing you. A twisted, mean way, but you never know. I get along fine with my MIL, even though I think she's a little strange -- I mean, she doesn't like to drive the 40 minutes to visit us ... we always have to go to her. And by the way, we moved across the state to be closer to her! I've seen my own mother, who lives in Florida, more since I've been in Newport News that I've seen DH's mother. Isn't that odd? Anyway, keep your chin up!
Old 07-14-2003, 08:16 PM   #17  
Canadian Chick

Hey all no time to really post. I'm off to my WW meeting in a few minutes. Hopefully I'll have time to come back after. However just in case I don't make it back I wanted to tell Jes something.
Jes, I was looking at the pictures you posted & my brother came in the room & he was like "Whoa whose that hot chick? Does she have a boyfriend? Does she live anywhere near here?" The best part is that the picture he was looking at was your before picture!!!! Then we scrolled down & he was really impressed but he thinks that you look hot no matter what! Just thought I'd share that. I thought it was cool although maybe having some strange Canadian dude checking you out isn't good (btw according to every female who isn't related, my brother is apparently hot-once these girls at a bar were sure he's a model! I however really don't see it!)
Closed Thread