Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 09:32 AM   #1  
Net browser

Talking

Hi Everybody We just had a quiet day at home yesterday. I am reading the Dean Koontz novel "From The Corner of His Eye" and so far I am really enjoying it. Koontz's books are usually a little strange but I like "strange". LOL
I'll come back later and see how everybody is doing. Bye for now.

Last edited by slavika; 03-12-2001 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:35 AM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Oh poor camels. Sorry you had a bad day with your sister. Hate it when people are that way.

Slavika: Never heard of Dean Koonitz before. I really need to get back into reading. But lately it has been crazy at home so havent been able to. Hopefully it will slow down soon!
Old 03-12-2001, 12:00 PM   #3  
Fun Blonde

Slavika, if it is a Koontz' book and it isn't strange, it must be a "Joe" Koontz book. I too like him. Have you noticed how so often there is a dog in his books as an innocent bystander.

Geri It is so nice to see you again. I think your "almost" 10 pounds is just a fantastic weight loss! I would love to have 10 pounds gone. Please be encouraged. I think your program sounds very intriguing. Is this through your church? I looked around our church yesterday and thought that sounded like a wonderful thing for a group of women in church because the Bible does entreat us to treat our bodies well, but overeating is an "acceptable" sin, isn't it?

Have you all noticed that the women in our age group are so often on the pudgy side? Since being on WW the last 2 weeks we have eaten out and seen so many 60ish women who are waddling on sore knees and looking so uncomfortable. In fact, one lady who works in our office who is really large was telling me about her blood pressure and diabetes and I just stepped in and told her about WW. When I started WW I had high blood pressure, but now I do not have to take anything and it is just very normal. That 10% message about better health is just so true.

Geri - How are your kids doing? And those two little grandsons of yours? Are you getting them still quite a bit? I had some stunning news on Saturday from the Noble County sheriff's office. You remember last summer when my son was stabbed at a keg party and came so close to dying? This sheriff had said that the DA did not want to prosecute the young man who did the stabbing so I had just put it out of my mind. (Was bummed out because my kid's life wasn't worth the effort.) Anyway, it seems that the judge had issued an arrest warrant and the kid was arrested and put into the Payne County jail and will be arraigned in Noble County today. He implied there would probably be a plea-bargain and no trial. I was just stunned. Had put this out of my mind and now it is back in full force. Brought back the horror of the 3 a.m. phonecall from the hospital, etc. I cannot believe that now I am feeling so sorry for the young man's family. I know he needs to be stopped before he kills somebody. But 7 1/2 months is too long to wait between the act and the punishment, especially because they have know since within 2 hours of the stabbing.

Oh well, glad everybody is doing well. Love everybody's avatars--Trudy, yours is just precious.
Glenda
Old 03-12-2001, 03:53 PM   #4  
Super Surfer

Hi gals...more new smilies.
Glenda 71/2 months later..go figure! Now you have to go through it all again.
You are right about our age group and pudgy ladies. It seems inevitable that after Menopause we all gain weight easier. Just about everyone I know (my age) has arthritis problems too.
Slavika..I don't think I have read a Dean Koonitz before either.
Maria .. Too bad you had a rough visit with your sister. I feel sorry for the camels too. Do you ever have Camel Races? Lily..didn't you go to a Camel Race last summer? (or is my memory failing?)

It is a dreary, cloudy day here. The temp is mild and the snow banks are dwindling, but I sure miss the sun. I feel lazy

We had a quiet weekend, my DD and her hubby were over yesterday. They put a program on my PC whereby they can access my PC (when I give the OK) and they will be able to fix any problems I might have. Hmmmm.

Will check back with you gals later, maybe something exciting is happening somewhere and you will tell us about it. ..............
Old 03-12-2001, 04:49 PM   #5  

G'day all,

This is the life, back on line dh to work, the day to myself
I am putting together all the photos I took in Hong Kong, make it in a bit of a story as a slide show on PowerPoint and then print them out and, voila I have a record of our trip. Yes I even have a printer with me!!!
Trudy nothing too exciting to report from this end of the world. At last we have sunny skies here in Sydney, first time in the week that we have been here.
DH and I are finding it alittle hard to adjust to living in a big city like Sydney, nothing seems to be easy. Back home in Adelaide, I just jump in my car and go wherever I want to, here with the many freeways, one way roads etc. etc. I go for miles before getting where I want to be.
Enough of whinging, I am sure we will adjust.
DH is going to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge. They have recently made this in a tourist attraction, and whilst quite pricy to do, it is supposedly very spectacular.
The other 'highlight' of the day is that on Oprah today is the episode about weight loss and Dr. Phil. At the moment I need all the help I can get so I am looking forward to get some inspiration out of the show today.
Have a great day all.
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-12-2001, 08:41 PM   #6  

Hi, How come it takes weeks to lose 2 lbs and overnight I put them on? It is not fair. Maria, I see you are a bargain hunter. I went to my first yard sale of the season Saturday. You never know what "treasures" you will find. I like your tulips. Let's you know that spring is almost here. Yesterday was a no coat day. It was gorgeous. I just looked at your pictures. You have a great looking family. I have a friend who also knows everything. It is hard to deal with sometimes. Slavika I like to read Dean Koontz too. Will have to check that one out. Geri your 10 lbs are great. Keep up the good work. Well another exciting day has come to an end - good night all. Peggy
Old 03-12-2001, 09:08 PM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: I cant believe it took them that long. But at least something is being done now. He does need to be stopped before he shoots someone else. Keep us posted.

Trudy: Your memory isnt failing. I did go to the camel races last year. I love camels! (Long story dont ask)

Maria: Dr Phil is suppose to be good. I missed the shows when he was on here.

Peggy: I take it you didnt find any treasures? Its beautiful here to. Finally! I think sping is here.

Only exciting news I have is a Ordered a new puter yesterday, and it shipped today! OH Boy!!!! Super fast and lots of room for everything. Yippee!! She be zooming soon!
Old 03-12-2001, 11:01 PM   #8  
Net browser

Hi Everybody Oh more smilies...I love them.
Well I had the Princess here this afternoon for "lunch". She requested a hot dog bun with lots of mustard....a hot dog wiener cut into small pieces with "SWORDS" stuck in them (my little plastic appetizer sticks) on the plate BESIDE the hot dog bun. I wonder who started that, with that child. LOL
Glenda and Peggy I really have enjoyed ALMOST all of Dean Koontz books. I just looked in the inside cover of my current book and I think he has written almost 40 books. I think I have read all of them but I don't really remember ALL of them. In looking at the titles one that I do remember, is not a very old one, called, "False Memory" and it was really good. Glenda you are right many of his books do have dogs in them. I told my DH once, obviously Koontz has a dog because he describes their behaviour so well, you almost picture the animal. I think he does that with his human characters too. I always feel I really "know" the people
in his books.
Peggy this thing with weight, you are certainly right. I too can put on two pounds over the weekend and take 3 weeks to get it off. GRRR.
Maria I'm happy you got some sun today we sure didn't. It was dreary all day long. I saw my little squirrel "Sammy" today, and I noticed he is not rushing around hiding all the peanuts. He seems to come now and eat until he is full then leaves without stuffing his little cheeks full, so maybe spring is coming. My husband told me that it has nothing to do with spring. He said Sammy is so fat now, that he probably can barely fit into his little house, never mind taking more groceries home.
Lily a new computer, lucky you. I bet you can hardly wait.

Well tomorrow is my WW day and I sure hope I lost a tiny bit of that holiday weight I put on. Well, whatever happens, the Tea Time part of Tuesday always makes me happy and I get to see my friend Trudy .

Night all.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:42 PM   #9  
Super Surfer

Did any of you gals see Oprah today? It was about the whole body Cat Scan that you can have done. Oprah said she had it. It didn't take long, but then she spent an hour with the Doctor while he went over all the results. He was able to see she had a bit of plaque in her arteries - nothing serious, some degeneration in her lower spine. In general she was in good health. It is preventative medicine. Looking for things that could potentially be dangerous. I think it is a great idea, but I would probably be very nervous waiting to hear if something was wrong. Good to know though.

Everyone have a good day OP tomorrow ..... be seeing you Slavika. Good night all.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:46 PM   #10  

Well I have just listened to Dr. Phil and it does make a lot of sense but I honestly not too sure why I have gradually put on the weight. Perhaps that 'lightbulb' moment will hit me yet
After the show I did feel like some afternoon tea but decided to log on here instead.
Peggy yes I am a bargain hunter allright, I often tell dh he would be amazed how much I have saved him over the years
I seem to be drawn to tables with 50% off, mind you my family laughs at me but they have been very happy recipients of some of the bargains I have purchased!
This is different, just went to check if I had missed replying to anyone and I cannot see all the posts
Oh well it will train my mind to try and remember what everyone said!
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-13-2001, 02:54 AM   #11  
Justa Wannabe

Default Newbie

Hi everyone...
I just love your .gifs and can't figure out for the life of me how you are doing it as I write on this plain grey space!!! It's drivin' me crazy
I'm 54 (gonna be 55 the 26th) ...am about 170 lbs. overweight...immobile due to weight and lymphedema. I have decided now is the time to lose the weight!!! I hope it's okay for me to butt into your wonderful commaderie (yeah, I know...the spelling is probably wrong but the spellcheck didn't know it either hahaha) you all have together.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:50 AM   #12  

WW CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES 1 package lowfat brownie mix with chocolate chips, 2 1/2 cups Hodgson Mill Oat Bran, 1 cup orange juice. Mix. Bake 375 for 10-13 minutes.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:52 AM   #13  

Just real quick - my friend doesn't remember how many they made but she said they are l point per cookie. She said to get the mix with the chips. I haven't tried them yet - bought oat bran in bulk at Wild Oats but didn't buy enough. Talk later, Peggy
Old 03-13-2001, 09:32 AM   #14  
Net browser

HI GREENEYEZ Welcome, pleased to "see" a new face. You will soon get to know us.
Please feel free to post any time you wish and to tell us anything you wish.
I just finished walking on my treadmill and have to hit the shower now. I'll stop by later on today. Bye now.
Old 03-13-2001, 11:12 AM   #15  
Justa Wannabe

Thank you for the welcome Slavika...I'll be backkkk
Grrrr...you ddn't share your secret on putting .gifs into the post! hahaha You're just flaunting them at me with the waving and smiling.
I love Dean Kootz...I got my son reading his books. It turned a boy who ddn't like to read into a man who picks up a Kootz everytime a new one comes out. Did anyone read "Intensity" by him? GOOOOD book. He's very versatile. By that I mean he doesn't just write scary or UFO stuff.
Closed Thread