3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Buddy Moms #74 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/2924-buddy-moms-74-a.html)

Amato 03-19-2001 08:08 AM

last day of winter.......

Good Morning All! :)

Thank heavens tomorrow is SPRING!!! I am sooooo ready for it! yesterday I went shopping, bought a ton of new toys at William Sonoma! lol new can opener, kitchen food scale (Dualit-on sale!), cooling racks.......best part, Ialso bought 2 flats of pansy! going plant them today :) got yellow and purple, gonna look sooooo pretty!

I weighed in Sat (after missing 3 wks-Mardi Gras/Disney vacations) and I'm down .6. I didn't realize it till yesterday, I made 10% woo hoo! now the trick is.....gotta be very careful this week cause if I gain ANYTHING I won't be able to claim that key chain. I've been waiting a long time for that silly keychain and it's MINE! LOL

New Goal for me, by the time Cindy comes to visit me (she's saying maybe Aug!) I want to be less than 200! I haven't been less than 200 since before I had my first baby (13 yrs ago!) YIKES!!------ I know maybe 30 pounds is an ureasonable goal for such a short time......but hey, what the heck, I'm going for it! :)

Robin, looks like you figured it out! :) you've got flowers! Hey we're talking about going back to Disney too when kevin is older......we're thinking 2005. and next time, I'm getting a huge suite at the Grand Floridian----dh better start saving! lol cause I want to be on the monorail!

LOL LOL what a darling story Robin! kids sure come up some cute things!

LOL YIKES Farmbabe---naked?! LOL you're gonna be cold aren't you?! lol

Lynn, I'm glad to hear your dh is doing well, is he in cardiac rehab? .......now about making the kids help----Just MAKE them! or else! --- I'm in this viscus circle with my 12 yr old----- he thinks he gets the last word....he's making me crazy! in fact this morning I told him if he rolled his eyes at me just once more, he was grounded and going to write 500 sentences..."I will not roll my eyes at my mother" and I do it! LOL .....I'm sure when he turned to walk away he was rolling them----I could tell by the way he moved his head.

:wave: to Linn, CAB, Viv, Cindy, Ellie........

Theresa

linn 03-19-2001 08:55 AM

Hi everyone--
Theresa -- way to go -- a loss with all those vacations. My oldest daughter is a champion eye-roller -- it's so aggravating. Pansies souund good.
I have the carpet cleaner coming today. We are tough on carpets. I'm having the car carpets cleaned at the same time. We are even tougher on those.
The kids have today off. It's LAuren's birthday. She always thought her birthday should be a national holiday LOL.
I haven't done my exercise yet -- but I AM GETTING on that bike and treadmill today. Want to do an exercise & water challenge. I haven't been good about drinking water.
Does anyone watch The Sopranos? What a show!!

Bonz80 03-19-2001 10:20 AM

Morning,

Robin-thats a funny cow story! Do you live in Houston or Dallas? We went to the Build a Bear store in Houston a few years back, and both of my kids, (who were in their teens then) LOVED it! Michelle made a bear, and Christopher made a monkey-----a bit pricey but it was their "gift" from us. I couldn't afford to do a birthday party there.

Theresa-congrats on losing .6 of a pounds, thats an excellent lost, especially since you were on vacation for the last 3 weeks. and the goal you made for august, sounds very reasonable to me. Break it down in months, you can do it!

Linn-:wave:

cindy

Robin2 03-19-2001 11:30 PM

our thread is sure getting pokey...

where is viv??? and jill? i have even been bad at posting too....oh well, at least we have cindy to keep us going!

theresa - yes, it was nice being on the monorail, the grand floridian is beautiful...we had reservations to eat there for brkfst, but didn't make it. maybe next time. congrats on your loss...not bad for 3 weeks of playing.

cindy - i live outside of dallas in frisco, we are one of the fastest growing cities in the nation...that might be bad, at least i have my house! the prices are steadily going up! the plans for the city are nice and spaced out with alot of parks, so hopefully in the future it won't seem so crowded. i bet you went to the build a bear in the galleria? i have never been to that one, the whole thing was new to me when it opened a few months ago here...chas built a dog wearing a lovely spacesuit, and i built a cat for evan with a stylish pair of boxer shorts. have you seen the elvis outfit? it cracks me up, it comes with elvis hair and sideburns! it is a fun store, but yes, it is pricey.

not much going on here...i bought some flowers too
theresa...how can you plant pansies now?? it is almost time for us to rip ours up and start our spring/summer planting. i bought some perennials to boarder my bed in the front. i have never bought them before, so i am hoping they will do okay. tomorrow it is going to be in the mid 70's and is going to remain like that most of the week...i need some sun on my poor white legs!

boy i'm tired, i think i was on my feet today from 8 this morning until i sat down for dinner at 6! i am going to bed.

later ladies..robin

viv 03-20-2001 09:44 AM

hey...

Hi Guys -
Been such a bad poster lately, but have been totally compulsed with issues with my Dad and the trip...

Dad goes in for a lung biopsy on Thursday. it wouldn't be so bad if his wife would actually support him, but they are in pre-divorce proceedings and she is an evil witch. Used him up till he was old and no good anymore. Thank goodness she never had any children....
I've been dealing with doctors, lawyers, wills, money, finances, living arrangements.....it sucks.

So my advice...
1. Buy long term care insurance NOW
2. Stock those 401Ks and IRAs till it hurts.

Enuf.

We leave for FLA on Friday and altho I am so distracted by my Dad and iother fun things like being let down by a friend, I know I need this trip badly. I need a change of scenery, there's still about 2 feet of dirty snow on the ground. Yuk.

I am down about 10 lbs - now when have you heard me say that? I am 1 lb off from my FLA mini-goal...I will stay OP as much as possible on vaco (really) and then totally back OP when I get back - another 8-10 would be really awesome.

I gotta run, have some more Dad research to do on the web.
I'm so sorry I've been awol and priomise to get back to posting when the dust settles..

((()))

Viv

Bonz80 03-21-2001 11:02 AM

Howdy!

Robin---I feel the same way, this place is falling apart. I sure hope we don't let that happen.
Yes, the build a bear was in the Galleria, the kids loved it. I didn't see the Elvis outfit, I bet thats a real kick. How close are you to Dallas?

Viv-sorry to hear about all the trouble you are having with your dad-----I hope the biospy turns out fine. Will you know the results before you leave for your trip on friday. Have a nice vacation, you deserve the rest! And way to go on losing 10 pounds!!!! Seems like SB is working for you.

THeresa is a little under the weather, thats why she hasn't posted lately.

THERESA-hope you are feeling better soon. :)

Can someone tell me how you put those cute little things at the bottom of your post, and where do you find em?

cindy

viv 03-21-2001 11:11 AM

Hi Cin - I won't know the result before we leave, I am actually going to ask the DR to delay the biopsy, not that he will....

To get those cute little thingies, I searched the web for "GIF". you'll find a bunch of sites with cute little graphics - you right click on them, "SAVE AS" and then when you post, you can browse the graphics you've saved, click open, then they will go into the post. Ihaven't figured out how to post under my name, or how to do a picture, but I am happy with what I've done so far.

Thanks on the congrats - this WOE is one of the things that just helps me make it thourhg my days. No better positive reinforcement for me.

Viv

Bonz80 03-21-2001 01:08 PM

Viv-thanks for the explanation on how to do those cute pictures. Do you save them in a file? and how do you do the search? www.gif.com ?????? Please keep us posted on your dad.

cindy

Zippy 03-21-2001 04:14 PM

Hi Everybody!

Sorry I haven't posted more often, but with DH home and kids running my life... well you get the picture.

DH saw his cardiologist for the first time after the surgery this morning. He's great!!! Said he is doing great and will be home for another 3-4 weeks. He wants to do everything NOW (a man thing!), but has realized he doesn't have the stamina to do it yet. I told him that we are going to enjoy the next few weeks together and get him back on track.

Thanks so much for all your well wishes and concerns. They really ment alot and always will.

VIV - THIS WEEKEND ALREADY!!!! GO GIRL! Enjoy every ride and minute while you are there. I'm keeping everything crossed and double crossed that the biospy shows nothing. You try and relax (this coming from the person who can't lol) and laugh alot at Disney! Take lots of pictures and come back with lots of stories!

Robin & Cindy - I'm not leaving this group! Just a little preoccupied shall we say. LOL I'm here for you and if I don't get to post here, you both know my e-mail. YELL at me!

By the way, after all has been said and done around here I have managed to loose about 12 lbs. through this whole thing. Have really changed my eating habits now and hopefully for good!

Got to show DH where I was while he was in surgery today. He doesn't remember anything until the morning they brought him to his room. I told him, gee honey you gave birth and didn't know it! LOL I didn't remember all the pain I went through after the kids were born either. Thought you would all enjoy that bit of knowledge.

Hi to everyone else! Stay well and OP.

Take care!

Lynn

Bonz80 03-22-2001 01:57 PM

Lynn-glad to hear that DH is doing well, and look at you-----losing 12 pounds. Keep up the good work.

Viv-have fun in Disney World!!! take lots of pictures, and we want to hear all the stories when you get hoe.

cindy

Amato 03-23-2001 07:59 AM

Hi Guys,

I've had a terrible chest cold all week, 3 yr old had it and now 4 yr old is getting it.

just wanted to pop in and tell Viv to have a safe and fun trip! if my memory is right you leave today?!

Hi to everyone! I'll be back later to day to post more.

Theresa

viv 03-23-2001 08:56 AM

Aloha!

Thanks for all the grea tsendoffs guys, I am pre-trip stressing but wanted to get on for a moment and say:

1. Lynn - glad DH is doing better.I knew he would - he will be a new man and have you jogging with hhim! Keep up the GOOD eating habits now!

2. Imade my pre-trip mini goal and have lost 11 lbs so far - whenI get back it willbe 7 more and then I will be thinner than you have ever known me to be! I feel so svelte now already, feels great. SB and having major life stress didn't hurt!

3. The biopsy has been changed till today at 9am calif time, so think good things. The doctor told me IF it is the big C then they will remove it, adn that he can withstand the srugery, so I guess that is some way ofmaking me feel better. Idunno.

OK, off to pack some more and hug my cats. Have a great week and I will be kissing palm trees within 10 hours from noW

Viv

Bonz80 03-23-2001 12:19 PM

Viv-enjoy your trip, and let us know how your dads biopsy comes out.

cindy

Robin2 03-23-2001 07:53 PM

HELLO HELLO....

here i was complaining about nobody posting, and then i disappear for a few days...shame on me.

cindy - are you familiar with dallas? the dallas north tollway now runs into frisco (where i live) so i can hop that and be in dallas in 15-20 mins. if i took central expwy it would take me about 40 mins, so i am close enough.

lynn - i am so glad to hear your dh is doing great...and wow! on the 12lb wt loss. enjoy your next few weeks together.

theresa - get better :)

viv - have fun, fun, fun....i want another vacation, maybe one without the kids..aaaahhhh...i can only dream.

my mother is suppose to come for a visit next weekend, so i am hoping to get out for an early dinner with just dh on friday and then maybe me and mom will catch a movie on saturday, i want to see chocolat...anyone seen it? that sunday we are taking the boys to see disney on ice, i hope evan sits for most of it. we shall see...

did ya'll hear about that woman in dallas leaving her baby in the car on weds?? she drove to work at the cheesecake factory for her 10:30 shift and forgot that she didn't drop the baby off at the daycare(he was 5 months old)...when she came out at 3:00 she saw the car and then it hit her what she forgot to do...it was in the 70's here on that day, so the baby did not make it in the car for that long....how sad...i feel so bad for that poor girl....i have been driving before and evan is so quiet, that i have to check to make sure i put him in the car....and i have had friends make it all the way to work before and then realized as they were getting out of the car that the kids were in the backseat...we all need to slow down....they are going to decide next week if they are going to charge her....the damage is already done, i say leave it alone.

oh well, that was depressing....everyone have a great and safe weekend...i will try to check in, if not, monday for sure.

bye..robin

IllieEllie 03-23-2001 07:59 PM

hi

Don't know if I'll get time to say anymore but I wanted to get this in...
Theresa--We're going to Mammoth Cave! We'll get there July 31 and be in that area for a day or two and then head up to Lexington!
Ellie