Old 02-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! I am ready for this week to be over and it has barely begun... ack.

I am up and down on the weight and exercise and just doing the best I can right now.

My surgery is scheduled for June but will be moved up to May I think due to pain. They would do it next month if I could clean my calendar but with my work load that is just not possible.

Looks like everyone is busy and lots going on!

Hello to all of the newer folks and my old friends as well.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
I love that we still chime in here. Some of us have been at this for a long time and it helps to see what others are doing.

We just came back from a nice time. My dh and I took our ds and his two children, and our dd and her two children over to the Hyatt Regency in town.
It has a nice restaurant and an indoor pool and hot tub. We were only there for two nights, but we had such a good time. We're still knee deep in snow here. We haven't seen the ground in ages. I'm trying not to complain since I know Bandit and Princess have it much worse, but I'm sure we can all agree that it is time to declare winter over!

Eating out all meals for more than two days packed on some pounds on me. I'm hoping some of this is salt since I was careful. I'm on Simple Start today and got out grocery shopping to make sure I had good foods on hand.

Wishing us all well. keep in touch whenever you can. Princess, I look forward to you getting your surgery done and over with so the pain is gone.

Onward and downward for all of us. here's a to keep us going!
Judy
234.6/?/thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #33  

Happy Friday everyone! Sunny today which makes me feel better and lets me know that spring will get here... eventually !

The scale is way way up, I need to get my butt in gear!

Judy: Time with family at a different place is a wonderful thing, I hope it was enjoyable and listed your spirits!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #34  
Chick

Okay Turtles,
It's so easy for the scale to go up and not quite so easy for it to come down.
I've reread the articles I clipped out when I first rejoined WW's. Easy to say reminders and not so easy to do. Here's what affects me the most: Every bite counts. It's all math. So for today I am continuing on with Simple Start and being more mindful of the BLT's. This is the deal I'm making with myself: I can eat something................it may just not be what I am craving at the moment. Let's face it, Turtles, with all the snow it's easy to have Cabin Fever. We can do this! We are doing this!

Yes, Princess, spring is on the way. We are warming here at least thru tomorrow. Half of our snow melted and that's great. And thanks for the comments. We did have a very good time away with the family and our spirits were lifted.

: and : to us all. We deserve it. We know what to do.
Let's make a deal with each other to do the right thing today.
Just today........we'll think about tomorrow then.

Judy
234.5/194/182 and thinner
Old 02-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #35  
I'm Shay

S/C/G: 215/198/159

Height: 5'7"

Still slowly marching on. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
justsayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Congrats to those losing! I was down 2.4# last week so was happy with that
but scale is still up from before Christmas, so will keep plugging away with things. Trying to be more mindful with my snacks which got out of hand quickly with having so many goodies around.

Still lots of snow here but the sun is shining and now calling for temps to
drop below freezing again for this week.

Baby doing great, love having them with me.

All - hang in there & stay warm!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #37  
Chick

Shay, keep up the good work! :

Bandit, enjoy your daughter and baby. How much fun!

Our littlest granddaughter is so much fun and sweet.

Bandit, glad you did so well on the scale. You're getting there and soon you'll be below your Christmas weight. You can do this. You've done it before! : and and

Things going well here. Sun helps. Expecting more snow in a day or so, but until then things looking good.
Judy
Here's : for all the turtles.
Princess, hope you are managing the pain. Relief is on its way.
Judy
234.6/194.4/182 and thinner
Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #38  

Morning, turtles

Thank you for the birthday wishes over on facebook, very nice of you all!
Super freezing up here, painful just to go out & start the car - would be nice
to just stay inside and watch movies.

Chugging along at the scales up/down - trying to stay focussed, some good days some not so good.

Going to Florida for 9 days so looking forward to that. Staying with a friend near Naples so should be nice & hot when I arrive on Mar 14th.
Nice to get away, especially since this winter has been brutal.

All - good luck at the scales this week!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #39  
Chick

Hey Bandit, to you. I hope it was a good one! : to you and your FL trip! You are right that this has been a brutal winter. Our furnace hasn't been able to crank out the heat that we need because of the cold. I try not to complain because I know both you and Princess live in even colder climates, but this has been tough.

I keep yo yoing also but yesterday was a good day. I can maintain this weight quite well. It's just not the weight I want to maintain. I'm trying pourable egg whites for a simple help. Yesterday I had that for lunch as an omelet. Got hungry around three and had 1/2cup of black bean soup. That helped. I'm still working on Simple Start. The foods will help me lose weight. It's the BLT's I have to watch out for.

Okay Turtles, let's have a good day. Chime in when you can. The support helps, especially when you have an inspiration or new food or actually anything at all to say!!!!

: and to us all. I WI tomorrow at WW's so I'll come back here and let you know how I did.

Judy
234.6/?/180's and thinner
Old 03-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #40  

Thanks, Judy and yes, birthday was great!

I keep a package of the pourable eggwhites and add them to an egg for a big portion of scrambled eggs or omelettes. Really makes a difference in
your portion for very little calories plus you get extra protein.

More snow today, not much - just enough to make you go "yuck" but
temp is suppose to go up to zero by Friday so that will be a nice change from the minus 20 celius we have been having. Sad, when you looking forward to the temp being zero!

Good luck everyone at your weigh in this week!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #41  
Chick

Hi turtles,
I used Bandit's tip for breakfast. I made a one egg 2 egg whites omelet with a wedge of Laughing Cow. Delish.

Weight stayed the same this week. Now I have to make an effort to move down the scale. I know I can do it. I've done it before.

Onward and Downward for all of us!
Judy
234.6/194.4/189 and thinner Kristen, thanks for the vote of confidence! Yes, I want to be in the 180's by spring and there is enough time to do so if I apply myself.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #42  

Greetings Turtles!

I hope that everyone is doing great and if you are having this warm slip of weather that is moving thru the midwest right now then I hope you are enjoying it, I know I am ... but the weather man says cold and a snow storm by tomorrow... geesh!

I am so behind on what everyone is doing and where everyone is at so I will just send best wishes your way and I hope everyone has a great week!

Super busy here with work, home and trying to get to the gym that I have little time for anything else. My sugery is at the end of next month and I am very much looking forward to it, it will be nice to have less pain on a daily basis.

I need to up my protien so will try the egg suggestion that Bandit/Judy made!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #43  
Chick

Good hearing from you, Princess. You sound super busy with everything that you're doing. I was surprised to see how much protein the egg whites provide. When I use it along with 1 whole egg, I stay full longer.

I'm heading out to WW now. I am hoping that I lost a smidge of weight this week. I'll post what I did.

Best wishes to everyone!
Judy
Old 03-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #44  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm back from WW's My WI stayed the same. I'm still 194.2#. My best in the new year was 193#, so I am determined to lose enough to get back to 193#. Then I'll work on breaking 190#. tough times here. My dd is having to handle much more than anyone should and I'm helping her out as best I can.

You Turtles are on my mind. We've been doing this for so long. I am happy with the weight I have lost. I can't imagine going back there. But it is very easy for me to put enough weight on to hit 200# again and I don't want to do that! So, onward and downward once again. My aim for the end of April is to break 190#. I know I can do it.

What are your short term aims or goals?
Let us know and let's help each other.!
: :

Judy
234.6/194.2/190 and thinner
Old 03-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #45  

Judy - it looks like you are doing simple start. Can you give me an idea of what foods are on that plan.

It has been a long while since I posted. Things have just been stressful for me the past few months. I think that is where my problems with weight gain get worse. I think spring coming may help with the eating from stress and boredom. I have put on 20 pounds from my lowest weight and my blood pressure seems to be creeping up. I really want to make some changes and get my lifestyle back to healthy again.

Hello to Princess, Bandit, Life, and any new members I haven't met yet.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote