Height: 5'4"

Merry Christmas Turtles!
Love,
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - hope you all enjoyed your Christmas with family & friends.

Well up here I have had quite the adventure - no power for 43 hours.
Power came back on late Mon evening just in time to get ready for
Christmas eve, so I was very thankful for that. Power went out Sat evening overnight so I was alone Sunday, not so bad at first but got boring later.
Kept thinking power would come on anytime. But looking outside everything was covered with ice & trees & hydro lines down all over. Listened to car radio and heard extent of damage. I drove around and found pizza place opened so pickup up a pizza to have something on hand. Still had hot water until Mon afternnon so that was nice to still be able to shower.
I found the worst part was not being able to watch TV or make coffee.
Temperature in house slowly dropped but I was bundled up so that was OK.
Also since everything was covered in ice was very slippery & salt was sold out everywhere, I had 1 bag left which I am keeping for the stairs & I put
a bunch of kittly litter in driveway to help from slipping.

I am thankful power came back on before Christmas. There are still people
here without power and some won't be restored until weekend.
Thank goodness this doesn't happen often - we are usually OK where I live.

Hoping you all had a great Christmas and are enjoying the holidays.

Take care, stay warm & drive safe!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #48  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, this is not a good end to 2013! Sorry you were without power, but glad you made it thru okay.
Our Christmas was fine, but I will be happy to ring in 2014.
Best of everything to all the turtles. However you are eating, chime in and give us all support. This is a tough time of year.
Love,
Judy
Old 12-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey. How is everyone? I am doing well. Still on meds for my BP and a diet aide but other than that I am fine.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #50  
Chick

Hey Life4,
You seem to be doing great and I love to see that weight loss! Weigh to go.
:
Judy
My weight is finally coming down again. I need to eat a lot less than I was eating to lose weight, but it's good to know that if I try really hard I can knock off pounds.
Judy
234.6/195/180's and thinner
Old 01-01-2014, 07:08 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone and Very Happy New Years Wishes to you ALL!

We had a very quiet night here with a quick supper out and then home to tuck in for the night. No big parties for us!

I have not been on here for so long and am very sorry about that! I do get to see what is happening for some via FaceBook but for others i need to catch up!

Bandit: So happy you are warm and safe again, Geesh! No power this time of year is scary for those in the north! Have a great new year Bandit my friend!

Judy: So happy you seem to be back on track! It really makes a difference when we find something that helps and we get moving forward again! I hope that 2014 is a wonderful year for you as well my friend!

Life: it looks like you are doing well and the meds seem to be helping, that is a wonderful thing and I hope that your health continues to improve! Very happy 2014 wishes to you!

All: Have a great day and I will try and pop on here to check in on a regular basis!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #52  
Chick

Hi turtles!
Princess, so glad to hear from you. wishing you and yours a very good 2014!

My weight is up a bit, about 2#, but that isn't bad considering I used to do much worse. Tomorrow I'll be a bit tighter. I am finding that avoiding bread does help me shake up my weight and do better.
Wishing everyone success in this year with their weight and everything else.
Judy
Old 01-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #53  

Happy New Year to all my turtle friends!

Enjoyed the holiday, now time to get back on track.
Tops tonight and have to face the scale so soon after holidays but
that is OK and start again with new goals for this year.

For now my goal will be to lose at least 2#/month and walk regularly.
Doesn't sound like much but don't forget over a year that would be 24# lost
and I would be happy with that.

All - hope you all have a great upcoming year!
Old 01-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #54  
Chick

Bandit, that's the spirit! I have to wait until next Wed. and hope to knock off some pounds between now and then. I was doing great and after the holidays I overindulged. Not smart!
So today I had a good lunch. Have a decent supper planned and all will be better.
Snow storm circling in. Hopefully we won't lose power.
Best to everyone for the New Year!
Judy
Old 01-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #55  

Hello Everyone and Happy 2014!

Brutally cold here today... -13 degrees and -40 with the wind chill on top of 1.5 feet of snow... I hate to whine but I am ready for spring!

My weight is up this week but I am not sure how much. I will be back to TOPS this week and also to WW on Saturday but have had cancelations, etc due to bad weather and other commitments. My scale at home tells me what I need to know though and I need to get my nose to the grind-stone again!

I know that we are not the only ones dealing with cold and snow so please be safe everyone and take care!
Old 01-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #56  
Chick

Hi turtles,
Cold here, but nothing like what Princess is going through. Princess good luck with being back to TOPS and WW. This is the time of year where we can all do well. Good luck!!!

We were worried about black ice this morning since our rain and warming weather melted the foot of snow we had last week. However, the roads seem clear. i'll get out with my youngest daughter to buy paint for her living room. Her house needs a bit of fixing up, so she's starting with painting her living room.

Food was really good yesterday, so that is encouraging for me to continue.
I have some chicken cacciatore in the fridge for dinner that will just need some heating up. Right now cottage cheese and berries sounds good for lunch. I must be crazy! LOL.

Sending : and for all of us. We can do this ! Onward and downward.

Judy
My WI is tomorrow. Since I WI on Wednesdays and the center was closed both for Christmas and New Year's Day this will be my first WI in three weeks. Hoping for the best!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #57  

Hi turtles

Judy - hope your weigh-in goes well this week, most of my Tops group
was up last week which is to be somewhat expected over the holidays.

Princess - your weather sounds like ours. Today is crazy cold and cannot even get ice broken down on sidewalks, so very slippery everywhere.
Tried again last night to find salt - sold out everywhere & was told the shipments sell out every a.m. within an hour. Ended up putting cat litter
on walkways which helps abit.
And it is only January so we have lots of winter ahead of us.

On a happier note, the sun is shining and have been pretty good with staying on track, so feeling better about that.

All - Stay warm!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #58  

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Still crazy cold here but at least the wind had died down and the forcaster says we will be a bit warmer each day... I have not been to the gym since Sunday morning and it shows with my stiff joints! I am start to have a flare up with the bulged disc in my neck again which is super concerning because it leads to down time and a gain. I need to figure that would quickly...

Bandit: We have had that same issue down here from time to time. I have used my table salt in a pinch LOL... last year we got a large bucket of rock salt at Sams Club so have plenty now but don't really need it yet since it is just huge piles of snow and not a ton of ice yet. Be safe!

Judy: Best wishes and good luck at your weigh in and enjoy your time with your daugther, it sounds like you will have a good time fixing her place up a bit. Stay safe with all this bad weather moving around the country!

Life, Cherry, All - hope that you are well and stay safe!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #59  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Looks like we are posting again and I am so glad we are! I'll start a new thread. See you all at "291 Bale of Turtles Looking 2014 Square in the Face.
Judy!