#289 Bale of Turtles Cranking It!

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Hi everyone

Hope you are all doing great & Judy, glad you enjoyed your mini vacation - always nice to relax.
    Speaking of which, this weekend I am away with 6 ladies for a spa weekend up in Collingwood which is known for ski resorts, anyway, will be fun spending time with the ladies & being pampered. Looking forward to the massage part the most.

Was down 1# this week at Tops - always happy to see the scale go down.
    Slowly increasing my walking which I find helps for sure.

All - stay focussed & enjoy your weekend!
  • Life, I'm sorry about your weight and blood pressure. Sending :
    to you that the meds help you . You are continuing on this journey and you're successful. We all love you.

Bandit, glad you're staying focused. I admire your sociability. :
    for the WI. Enjoy your trip!

Princess, sending a hi! I love the photos of your pups..........who are probably huge by now.

Terri, sending good wishes!
    Cherry, same to you and your family.

this has been a very trying week here. too much happened to go into, but as long as it isn't health I'm happy. The good news is that food could have been chaotic but on Monday I bought chicken and "stir fry" veggies already cut up. I made a big batch and when everyone around me was eating Carvel sundaes, etc. I had my stupid stir fry. However, that helped me lose a pound rather than gaining 4# so I really shouldn't call it stupid.

You all have a great day and I'll chime in soon again!
    Judy
  • Hi everyone - just a quick hello to you all. Things are crazy busy at work and I have been working very long hours but once the project goes live things will ease up a bit. Have a great week everyone and I hope to catch up soon!
  • Yes Turtles,
    Things are crazy here too. All of a sudden I needed a homemade banana
    bread. Not a great idea. Ohwell, onward and downward.
    Have a great weekend.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Judy
  • Looks around. Awfully quiet in here.

Hey everyone. So my body is adjusting to the meds. The blood pressure meds I can deal with the diet meds I do not like so much. But my body is adjusting. I am getting back on track with eating also. Did something I haven't done in awhile I cooked big shock I know. I am tired yall I pulled an extra shift. Which was day shift, not a bad day just not a morning person so I am going to bed very very soon. Hope everyone is well.

So I have managed to avoid fast food today. Granted my choice for dinner wasn't the best but I know it wasn't loaded down with salt at least.
  • wrapping up summer. Life, I hope that's why we're so quiet. Good luck to you with your meds.

Hi to all the Turtles! Judy
  • Hi turtles

Yes, it has been quiet & for me, I have been busy at home as well as
    time up at trailer (when I am there, I have no internet)
    Haven't been great with my eating & the scale keeps going up bit by bit & challenging as usual over the weekend.
    But, tomorrow is a new day & I, for one need to get refocussed.
    Have my meals all planned out for tomorrow & have lots of veggies on hand
    and some chicken breasts already cooked.

Lets do it, ladies!
  • Good for you , Bandit! That's the thing to do.

I am just getting through a very tough patch with family, etc. and the food has been almost ridiculous. Today has been very good and I plan to keep it that way.

Good luck to all the Turtles. Summer is wrapping up and we can start a new autumn routine.
    Judy
  • Okay turtles, another good food day for me. One day at a time!

Best : to all of you. we can do this.
    judy
  • Hi turtles - anyone up for an "Autumn Challenge"
    My weight has steadily been creeping up & I missed a few Tops meetings,
    lots of social things ETC & now back up to 202. Seriously, cannot believe that I have crossed over again.
    And this weekend will be challenging - ribest tonight & wedding tomorrow.

Hope you are all doing better with your eating/exercising than I am.

Need to get back on plan & regular walking

Have a great weekend.
  • Hi Turtles,
    Bandit, I am definitely up for an autumn challenge! I also crossed over the onederland line and when I look at myself I can really see where the extra pounds landed!

Here's my challenge to myself:
    1. Weighing in this morning, lose one pound to be 201# next Friday.

Nothing spectacular! Just aiming for a pound loss.
    My dh and I walked at the boardwalk this afternoon after having a low cal lunch. I think we're heading in the right direction but we have so many challenges facing us right now (that's life, right?) that paying attention to good eating will be a challenge.

Okay, Princess, Life, Terri, Cherry, up for a challenge? Let's all do this danged thing!!!!

Best of everything to all the Turtles.
    judy
    234.6/202/170's and thinner immediate goal -1#!
  • I am putting the Simply Filling plan into action. When I think back over these last three years, I have maintained pretty well. the year I lost an additional 25# was the year I did the Core plan. I'm going to get as close to that as I can and hope for the best. Lots of junk going on here, but I'll get through it one day at a time. As an afterthought, I always seems to have "junk" going on.......................guess that's life in between the happy moments.
    Take care. Be well and happy. Onward and downward as Lauren always said.

Judy
    234.6/?/180's and thinner
  • Sure I am up for a challenge. I am trying to make better food choices. Joining a gym is starting too look better and better too me. Work has been going good. So my blood pressure is pretty well controlled with the meds I am hoping with a couple of more pounds down I can get off of them. That's about all for me.

Hope everyone is well.
  • Hi turtles - Lets all focus on losing 5# & in order to do that I am going to:
    1. Stay OP and have fruits/veggies on hand for meals.
    2. Walk 3 times this week
    3. Journal & drink my water

How about you? How can you lose 5#?
  • Life and Bandit, love your ideas:

Here's my path to losing 5#
    1. Choose Core and Simply Filling foods
    2. Eat when I'm hungry
    3. Exercise 3X week

We can do this! Onward and Downward.
    Love,
    judy