Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 10:57 PM   #1  

Default 50 or more pounds week of May 12

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Sorry to be late starting this week's thread. (Any time anyone else would like to, please feel free!)

Had to work in SA today; stayed up until 3 a.m. working on stuff. Kinda tired, but had to stay up to watch CSI Miami, of course!

Scale is going down steadily; this morning, it was five pounds down from a week and a half ago. Right at ww goal! If I can just keep it moving in this direction, maybe I'll make my personal goal this summer! No, not maybe; I will make it.

Hope everyone's having a great week!

Regards,
Jan
Old 05-13-2003, 01:21 AM   #2  
Inchworm

Angry

JAN! You're doing great! So happy for you! Maybe the fact that I will probably see you in August will inspire me to get serious!
I ache so bad! I had my yard sale on Saturday , selling Beanies for Cancer, and all the activity wiped me out!! First it was my legs, but today it has been my back and my legs! OUCH!! You would think that would be enough incentive to get these pounds off! But I made great money for our Cancer relay!! Maybe by the 31st, I will be in better shape to walk the relay.

more later...things have been crazy since I got involved in this relay! Lots to do, and I love doing it!

ttyl
Old 05-13-2003, 10:25 AM   #3  

JOYce, way to go on your Beanies for Cancer sale! You are just amazing; what a tremendously good thing you are doing for us all.

And thanks for the encouragement! I'm feeling so much more in control lately; I think cutting out white bread, sweets, wine, and fruits has helped curb my incredible carb cravings. Of course, I'm not cutting those things out for life, but I felt I needed to "jump start" the loss.

Same old stuff down here; hectic at school getting projects done for the end of the year. One more week of instruction after this, and then finals week. DH has to work two more weeks, and I plan to use that time to get the house in better order. I tend to keep things way too long; a real packrat! I may need to try the Flylady's site or book, I hear it's great for people like me.

Hope everyone's having a great week! Gotta go ...

Jan
Old 05-13-2003, 12:02 PM   #4  
Inchworm

Jan We have school a month longer than you do, dgd has graduation on June 18th!!HOORAY!!
I did the flylady site for a while and i'm sure you would do great with her. I have her messages blocked right now, but maybe I will go in and unblock her now, things are getting a bit more in order around here. I had a Bunco group here last night, so at least the 'company side' of the house is looking pretty good.
Now we just have to keep it going thru the BIG going away party in July!!
I'm having lunch with Linda today We're going to the Red Lobster, I just got e-mail from her telling me all the good choices she plans to make. I guess I will HAVE to do the same, we will have a healthy lunch! and enjoy it!
Have a great day, sure is quiet around here
Old 05-13-2003, 12:55 PM   #5  

You're right, JOYce, it's way too quiet! Say hi to Linda for me, okay?

All right everyone else, jump on in here and say hello! We miss you!
Old 05-13-2003, 01:41 PM   #6  

Janet Mae Congrads on the WL! You go girl
I hear ya about the packrat.....I tend to be one myself. Just can't let go of stuff!
JoYce - Congrads on the Beanie for Cancer Sale. Everyone appreciates what you do!

Well I didn't get to go to WW last night had a conflicting appointment so will go Thursday. I did go to the Dr. today for my routine check up and he told me to stick with the WW plan. Based on his scale I am down 1 pound from last week so... that this scale agrees with the WW scale on thursday!
Well better get back to work just wanted to check in; everyone have a good week!

Last edited by Nascar Girl; 05-13-2003 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:19 PM   #7  

Hi Nascar Girl! WTG on the pound down! I know you'll have a good WI on Thursday. It's good to know that your doctor likes the WW plan. (Mine does too.)

Having a good day so far. Just took Dad to the doctor to check out his ribs; seems he fell down Sunday evening (and didn't tell us) and today his side was sore. Thank goodness, nothing broken, just bruised. His doctor prescripted some phys. therapy for him, to strengthen his legs.

Gotta run! Everyone have a great Tues.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:06 PM   #8  
Inchworm

Jan, Funny you should mention dad. Linda was just asking about him. How old is he now? Glad his fall didn't break anything!
I hope he feels quickly.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:21 PM   #9  

JOYce, thanks for asking about Dad, and please thank Linda for me. He is 86 now, and doing great considering his various health issues. He's usually very steady on his feet, but he got all enthusiastic about a bunch of yard work that DH did for him over the weekend, and decided to go on a "grand inspection tour" after dinner (when we'd gone home). He was walking on very uneven ground way out by the barns, and his cane went into a hoofprint or something. It's so scary to think of him out there alone like that; what if he'd passed out? Or broken a bone? It makes me shudder. He promised me he wouldn't do that again, that he'd let me walk with him; sure hope he means it!
Old 05-14-2003, 07:37 PM   #10  
Inchworm

Thats wierd! I just had to log in! I never have to do that!

Anyhow...was going to tell you that a friend just sent me the site for dotties weight loss zone, which has lots of new restaraunt points. I checked it out and the sald we had yesterday at Red Lobster was only 6 points. We ordered the dressing on the side and didn't use much of it. It is good to see how delish a salad can be without all the fat
http://www.dottisweightlosszone.com/restaurants.html
I chose to have a biscuit, Linda was stronger than I was.

Hope you are all having a good one.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:54 AM   #11  

JOYce, what good choices y'all made at Red Lobster ... I had no idea they had a 6-point salad, that's great. How is Linda doing?
Old 05-16-2003, 01:26 PM   #12  

Default I'm Here...

Hey girls! I'm still here. I've been lurking and keeping up with the posts, but haven't had time to type anything until today. I attended an all day pre-retirement seminar yesterday. All I really did was torture myself. I can retire in November, but since I will only be 48 I probably need to wait. Our retirement system is rated 4th in the nation, so I am very lucky. Anyway, it's been hard to concentrate on work today...plus the weather is gorgeous outside. It's a little warm, but it is so nice to see sun after all the rain and tornadoes we have been having.

DD and her boyfriend have gone to Perdido Key, Florida for the weekend, so it will be quiet around my house. I had the opportunity to do several things with friends, but I think I am going to go home and hibernate for the weekend and get caught up with housework. I was sick all last week with the "crud" from allergies and hayfever, but it went into my chest and I lost my voice (which I'm sure thrilled some people). I also rented three movies to watch...The Road to Perdition with Tom Hanks, White Oleander with Michelle Phiffer(sp?), and Two Weeks Notice with Sandra Bullock. This is the weekend that we have one of our big music festivals, Jubilee Jam, but the only person I wanted to see was Luther Vandross and he won't be here since he is recovering from his stroke. The only other "big" name performer this year was Bob Dylan and he has never floated my boat. I'm kind of looking forward to a weekend where I can do anything I want.

Things are going good on the weight-loss front. I'm just starting my tenth week and the total loss so far is 23 pounds. I've had one week where I stayed the same and I gained one pound last week, but have lost all other weeks. I got a little off track on Mother's Day (homemade angel biscuits and fried chicken at a wonderful local restaurant), and after gaining one pound I could feel myself slipping. I felt burned out, even though I have been very pleased with my progress. I was determined not to slip this time though, so I had a good talk with myself and went to the grocery store and stocked up on all my favorite low point foods for this weekend. I am proud of myself for fighting the "urge" to stray. I've also discovered strawberries...my new favorite fruit. I have eaten my weight in them in the last few weeks.

When DD gets home Sunday, she will be engaged, although she doesn't know it yet. No marriage until they are out of school though, so we will have plenty of time to plan.

I'm glad everyone is doing so good. Jan, I'm glad your dad is okay, and JOYce, say hello to Linda for me. Tell her we miss her on the board. Hey to Nascar Girl, Hottie and Bandit2. Oh, I emailed Carol, and she is fine. We are going to talk on the phone soon. I told her that she needs to start posting again, but I know she is busy with her new job and responsibilities.

Hottie, I read your post about feeling better about yourself and comparing yourself to others. Even though we have never met, I can tell by your posts that you are someone who others are probably aspiring to be like. I can tell that you are an intelligent, witty, and I'm sure beautiful woman. Your screen name says it all "Hottie." That is how we should all feel about ourselves. I know that is easier said than done. I am 48 years old and I still find myself doing that, although I have learned to love the person that I am right now, no matter how much I weigh...but that has not always been the case. My weight loss has been remarkably fast this time for some reason, but there is a girl that I met on the night I joined that I have become very close to. She is beautiful but feels rotten about herself. She has SIX children and I think she looks great the way she is, but it's how she feels about herself that counts. Anyway, she has lost very, very slowly and I find myself dreading her inevitable question to me about how much I lost that particular week. I hate it because I know that my weight loss will slow down eventually, and I know that everyone is different but it bothers her so much that she is not losing as fast. She sticks with the program perfectly, walks miles everyday and does everything right. It just bothers me that she compares herself to me while I am sitting there thinking how great her life is and how great she looks...but mostly I'm thinking what a beautiful person she is on the inside. I know I'm rambling, but I guess my point is that I think it's human nature to compare ourselves to others, but I wish that we didn't. I KNOW that you are a beautiful person...inside and out!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Janet (Kudzu)
Old 05-16-2003, 01:29 PM   #13  

Default One More Thing...

JOYce, I can't resist those garlic cheese biscuits at Red Lobster either...3.5 points and worth every one!!
Old 05-16-2003, 02:13 PM   #14  

Default One More One More Thing...

Have y'all tried the Smart Ones ice cream cones that are like the old nutty buddies. I'm not sure what they are called...Giant Sundae Cone or something like that...or I may be getting them confused with something else. If anyone is interested, I will check to make sure.

THEY ARE FINE...AND ONLY 2 POINTS!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2003, 03:14 PM   #15  
Inchworm

Hi Janet! great to hear from you! I can just imagine how excited you are, waiting for dd to return to announce her engagement! what fun!
I'll have to look for those Smart Ones ice cream cones! I've been eating some Silouette ice cream sandwiches that I like.

It's a really big day today around here it is PROM NIGHT!! my last! dgd is off getting her updo as I type. so nice for her to have her drivers license!
DH and I are going to a memorial service this afternoon but get home in time for the prom departure. (dgd will have a host of friends aka make-up artists here to do the work on her so I won't be involved in the preparation.)
After they leave we will go out to dinner with dd and another dgd.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

ttyl
Closed Thread