3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Fabulous 40's and then some....#142 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/27492-fabulous-40s-then-some-142-a.html)

Jenny523 05-09-2003 12:37 PM

Fabulous 40's and then some....#142

Es,
Sometimes a picture can wake us up. Good for you for acting on it! I'm relieved that my summer clothes still fit ok :o

I'm sure you've all seen the news about the high school hazing incident that happened here...it's in the town next to ours. The population is professional, high income, such as drs. and attorneys. Now they're saying some of the parents are responsible for suppying kegs of beer...to 17 and 18 year olds? ! :yikes:

later,
~Jen

JanieD 05-09-2003 01:22 PM

Jen,
I saw that on the news. It looked awful. I can't believe parents would buy their under age kids a keg. I could see maybe an older sibling being foolish enough to do it, possibly, but the parents should be strung up.
BTW, glad your foot is feeling bette:)

Donna,
I hope your DH is feeling better. Mine is very sick also. It was so funny (sad but funny I guess), when he called the Drs office yesterday the first thing they asked him was "do you have SARS?" FIrst of all, how would he know?...they are the medical experts. I could see if they asked him if he had been to Asia or Toronto lately, but no, they asked him to diagnos himself :?: ANyway we don't think it is SARS, but he does have Asian students, I suppose it is possible::yikes:

Es,
I agree wth you. Mother's Day should be low key, but the day before Mother's Day is going to be spent seeing the Yankees play in Oakland :cb: Unfortuantely Derek :love: won't be back until Tues.

:wave: to everyone. Have a great Mom's DAy!!

JanieD

decemberdianne 05-09-2003 02:52 PM

hi everyone:

Just returned to work today from Jury Duty. Very strange, got called on Monday (1st day) at 4:00 and told to go home and come back Wednesday. So went to work on Tuesday. Then Wednesday just before lunch they called a group of us up and took us to the courthouse to be interviewed by the Judge and attorneys for a "buy and bust" case. The defendant was accused of selling drugs to an undercover agent. Anyway to make a long story short, the last 7 of us were interviewed after listening to the other like 30 people before us (we were the leftovers:lol: They asked me if I thought a police officer was more believable than someone who had a criminal history, i.e., would I be able to have an open mind if the person testifying was a criminal - I said I would have an open mind, but **** yeah, I would probably believe a police officer over the criminal. Well, that was the end of me,:devil: Too bad, cause it seemed like an interesting case. Anyway, at least I finished a good book while I was there "The Guardian" by Nicholas Sparks - very good book.

So, today, I'm back to work and have been really busy. Don't have time to answer everyone, but wanted to say:

Jen - glad your foot feels better.

Zoe - congrats on the win and the $, honey:D

Es - congrats on the 7 lbs - great job :bravo:.

Terri - I felt bad for Josh, but that was sweet with his baby on stage. I think Kimberly will be next to go - after that, I like both Reuben and Clay - both great singers, just different styles.

Tomorrow is Jessa's 2nd birthday party. I haven't seen her in awhile - need to get my fix:smug:

Hi to Janie, Donna and Ruth. Will try to come back tomorrow after reading more posts.

Below is Clay last week on American Idol.:o

Jenny523 05-09-2003 05:31 PM

Janie,
Sorry to hear Steve is feeling so poorly. What a question from the dr's. office! ? Some people just don't think. I hope that he makes a quick recovery from whatever it is he has :crossed:

Dianne,
I would have replied in the exact same way :lol: Just being honest, right? Enjoy your visit with Jessa.. wow..2 years old already? ! :hb: Happy Birthday to the little sweetie!

We're having a beautiful warm day here...humid and 80 :D unfortunately this evening I've got my once a month volunteer thingy, so have to change into jeans :(

HI to everyone :wave:

~Jen

points 05-09-2003 07:55 PM

Janie,
Sorry to hear Steve is feeling bad. I hope he makes a quick recovery from whatever he has. I am sure you will lose next week. You can do it. Are you going to the game? That is cool!!!!!

Dianne,
Have fun on your visit with Jessa. 2 years old already? Hope she has a wonderful birthday. :hb:

Es,
WOW!!! 7 pounds. WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must be Curves that is helping. Keep going.

Dianne,
I would never make it in a jury. I can't keep my mouth shut when I feel someone did something. I really don't know if I could have an open mind.
Love Clay/Elvis. :lol:

Jen,
I am so glad that your foot is feeling better. What a great feeling.
SURVIVOR: I was sooooooooo happy when Heidi got voted out. I want Butch and Matt in the final 2. I want Jenna out next. PLEASE!!!!
For Mothers Day the kids want to take me to dinner. They insist on paying. See it pays to have their birthdays right before Mothers Day. :lol: Bruce sent me flowers today. He sent some to both of our moms too. I miss him.
That Powder Puff game was unreal. Brittany couldn't believe it. They have their game on school grounds and the kids have a blast. I hope there are some punishments being handed out. Sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats.

Tomorrow is my busy day. I can't wait to get home tomorrow night. Well, off to watch Star Search. That is my only Friday show. Donny Osmond was on Wed. He is so cute still.

TTYL,
Terri

Zoe 05-09-2003 09:15 PM

TGIF!!

Hello Friends :wave:

Another Friday is here which means that tomorrow morning is my WW weigh in. I must confess that I've not been too good lately. I missed the last 2 weeks of WW ~ 1 due to not wanting to weigh in and last week due to the golf tournament. I know that the scale won't smile on me but I think I need the "kick in the butt" to get myself back on track. If y'all hear me screaming from where you are, you'll know I gained BIG TIME!! :( I've decided not to worry about it and just take my lickin's.....

Not much new here. Packing when I get the time but I've been going so slow with it that I think I'm going to be rushed come time to go. It's always like that I guess. I think I am going to take an extra day off Memorial Day weekend. We're off on Monday (which is my birthday) and I think I'll take Tuesday too. I should be moved by then (I hope, I hope) so I would love the time.

Well friends, I can't stay. Congrats to all of you losers. You's are doing so good while I'm messing up. :rolleyes: But tomorrow is the first day of a new start. I guess instead of having 7.7 lbs to go to goal, it may be 15!! :yikes:

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love you's guys,
Me <><

decemberdianne 05-09-2003 11:34 PM

ZoeGirl - I'll bet its not gonna be a bad as you think - we tend to blow things up when we're feeling guilty. And, if it is, so you'll face it and go on. Don't forget how much you've lost , how far you've come in the last 7 months, and how we'll you've been doing - that's what's important. :bravo: Good luck tomorrow.

Hi everyone :wave: Be back this weekend.

Jenny523 05-10-2003 10:25 AM

Terri,
That's so sweet about the kids taking you out...enjoy! I can only imagine how you miss Bruce; hope the days fly by till he returns home.
Yes, I agree..Jenna's got to be the next to go!!
The kids involved in the hazing incident have so far been excluded from extra-curricular activities; not harsh enough in my opinion. Local liquor laws require that buyers register when they purchase kegs of beer, so the police should be able to track down who supplied it :s:

Zoe,
You have done such an awesome job in getting to where you are now! Going back today is the right thing to do :D I'm sure your weigh-in won't be too bad. I don't envy you, having to pack and move. We moved here in 1994, and I still shudder to think of it :lol:

Last night we walked about 2 miles and this morning my foot is slightly swollen and hurting quite a bit. It felt great to get out and walk, however! I'm hoping that with some ibuprofen and no further long walks, the pain will subside more quickly now that it seems to be healing. Probably shouldn't have pushed it last night, but it was a gorgeous evening, and we went thru the parks around town...while getting in our community service :D

Looks as tho most of us are in for a dreary rainy Mother's Day weekend. No gardening or bbq's here!

later,
~Jen

EsRios426 05-11-2003 01:03 PM

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MY BUDDIES!!

Love always,
Essie

decemberdianne 05-11-2003 01:46 PM

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MY FRIENDS - HAVE A GREAT ONE!

Jenny523 05-11-2003 02:22 PM

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!

love,
~Jen

Zoe 05-11-2003 02:48 PM

Happy, Happy Mother's Day to all my wonderful friends!!!

Jenny523 05-12-2003 07:53 AM

Terri,
I cannot believe Jenna won. That just stinks. A rotten ending to a great day!

Hope everyone's Mother's Day was a good one.

later,
~Jen

Zoe 05-12-2003 08:44 AM

Ok, Jenna winning was a low blow for me but 7-1???? I find it SO hard to believe that Matthew only had 1 vote. So being a whinny, spoiled brat has it's advantages?? :?: This was a real let-down-ending......

Me <><

short & sassy 05-12-2003 11:02 AM

Happy Mothers Day

Sorry I was late in sending you Mother's Day greeting. How is everyone? I hope you all had a wonderful day.

Survivor was really a bummer! I was surprised Matt only got one vote. Hey did you girls notice how Jenna and Matt were hanging onto each other? I thought maybe he "got the girl" instead!! :lucky:

Well I made it through this semester. I came away with 2 A's, 1 B and 1 C. I made the C in English. I really didn't apply myself. The professor, who is also head of theEnglish Dept., is going to let me retake the course in the fall. The class is full but he will override the computer so I can enroll. By taking the class over, I can get the B or A that I should have gotten (if I had done all my work), which will raise my GPA (a little). I know that 1 C is not that big of a deal, but I really would prefer to better it. I guess I learned a valuable lesson. I can't goof off anymore.

ES, I enjoyed talking with you on IM this weekend. How was your Mother's Day? Again, Congrats on the weight loss.

JEN, I hope your foot is feeling better. Don't overdo it next time. But the weather has been nice, which makes walking so tempting.

ZOE, good luck with the packing. I dread the thought of it. But someday, I hope I'll be doing the same. How was the WW? You have done so great, if you had a small gain, just take it in stride. You'll get back on program and have those extra few pounds gone in no time. Oh, next time you are here, I'd love to meet.

TERRI, I'm so glad the storms have not caused damage for you. I think about you everytime they talk about Tenn. I hope they continue to avoid you. Hey, just a few more weeks and Bruce will be home. I know you must be counting the days.

JANIE, sorry to hear that Steve was sick. I hope he is feeling better now.

DONNA, hope your hubby is okay to.

DIANNE, how was Jessa's birthday party? Did you get to spoil her rotten on her birthday.

Oh, do you girls remember the report I had to do in Management class. It was a group report, the group started out with 4 people, one dropped and one of the others never did anything. Well two of us worked our rears off and we actually made 195/200. I was so proud of myself.

Well, I better run. You girls take care, I'll check in later.

Ruth