Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 02:05 PM   #76  

Angry

Jen, you know what? I think you're right. I have heard the "C" finally after all these years! The slimfast shakes are 4 points plus I buy their breakfast & lunch bars. Here's what I have:

Slimfast shake or Curves Protein shake at 6:00 am 4 pts
Slimfast bar or energy bar at 9:30 am 4 pts
Slimfast shake & fruit for lunch 12:00 5 pts

Dinner - McDonalds Salad 9 pts
Snack - skim milk with 3 sugar free cookies 5 pts

Total 23 pts plus activity pts.(for weekend)

Ruth, Puerto Rican Day Parade

Later girls,
Old 06-01-2003, 02:32 PM   #77  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Happy Sunday afternoon my Bud's

Today is Greg's birthday and I'm waiting for him to get home from golf.....opps...here he comes....

be back later...

Old 06-01-2003, 04:58 PM   #78  

Angry

Happy Birthday to Greg!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2003, 06:50 PM   #79  

Es,
I wish I could do slim fast but after a couple weeks it causes severe gassy cramps. congrats on the 12 pounds. That is awesome. I am glad that you heard the click. Keep it up.

Zoe,
Happy Birthday to Greg.
Your internal clock is set. My husband is the same way. He can't sleep in. I am so glad your house is ready. that is awesome. How far are you from your other home? Is Chris renting it from you?

Jen,
I am glad that your computer is getting better.

HI Ruth, Dianne and Janie

The weather is so weird here. It was 67 today. Wed. it will be 63. it will warm up by mid june they say to about 75-80.
We hiked in the Garden of the Gods. It was so nice cause it wasn't hot.
I'll talk to you later.
Luv ya,
Terri
Old 06-01-2003, 10:20 PM   #80  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
it seems you're having the same weather we're having here...definitely not very warm. You're doing such cool things! I'll bet everyone is having a great time

Es,
I didn't realize the slimfast shakes were so low in points. Do they have dairy in them? Your daily meal plan sounds very good. I do better with some small snacks/meals in between also, like yogurt, fruit, etc. Keep it up!

Ruth,
How's Elijah? Jessica called today to tell us Matthew used the potty! The plan is to have him trained by the end of summer, this is a good start.

Zoe,
Happy Birthday to Greg!!!

See you tomorrow,
Jen
Old 06-02-2003, 10:41 AM   #81  

Jen,
That is great about Matthew. Growing soooo fast.

Today we are going on a train ride around the bottom of the Royal Gorge along the Colorado river. We will get to see the white water rafters up close. That is an adventure Bruce wants to try. We will see. I am white knuckled just driving up Pikes Peak. Bruce has to leave tomorrow for 3 days. He is going to Maryland. This should be the last trip for awhile.
I love this cold weather. It was so freakin' hot in Alabama when we left. It is actually going to be in the 50's on Wed. At least I don't have the kids begging to go to the pool yet. The only thing is I forgot to pack jeans for the boys. Walmart here I come.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 06-02-2003, 12:43 PM   #82  

Terri,
Sounds like you have a different adventure every day. What a great way to spend the summer.

Es,
You are awesome girl. Weigh to GO!!! I wish i could send you some of our heat, we may get to 100 today. I actually don't mind the heat that much but what I don't like is that the air conditioning in the office so much I need to wear a jacket inside. Lets hear it for the Dept Of ENergy

Zoe, I hope everything goes smoothly with the closing. WHat a beautiful house!!! to Greg. Your birthdays are so close.

Jen,
I'm glad your foot is getting better. Yesterday Ellen and I went roller skating. She had a bday party and I can't pass up a chance to go skate!! Even with all that exercise I still think I gained this week. I feel so bloated

Ruth,
I start my class on Friday. I still have a lot of reading to do to get ready. I don't know very much about this subject and quite honestly every time I try to read the textbook I fall asleep. This is going to be a rough class.

Dianne,
Haven't heard from you lately. Is everything ok?

Hugs,
\JanieD
Old 06-04-2003, 08:17 AM   #83  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning my bud's ~

Just a quick note.....I know I've been MIA but we closed on the house yesterday so we took the whole day off. A million and one things to be done plus some shopping. I was BEAT by the end of the day. We left the house at 8am and didn't get back again until about 8pm. Whew! But it's all over except for the moving. I suppose that will keep me busier than these previous weeks.....but I will keep checking in and as soon as we're moved (should be Father's Day weekend, that Friday and Saturday), I'll be back to normal.

I'm attaching a photo of the finished product. Have a blessed rest of your week.

Me <><
Old 06-04-2003, 08:51 AM   #84  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe,
WOW, your new home is beautiful! Congrats. I know you're just looking forward to the move being over and settling down to relax!

Es,
how's it going? I picked up the Jorge Cruise book, 8 Minutes a Day....you know how I HATE to exercise...his concept appealed to me! Won't follow his food plan, which counts calories and food exchanges, as I believe the points system is the best. But I like the exercise plan so far...a different part of the body each day, with handweights.

The scandal about Sammy Sosa is sad, I'm hoping it was an isolated incident and no further cork is found in his bats. Kids need heroes to look up to, he's way up there.

Have lots of yard work to do today, am hoping for some sun!
will be back later,
Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 06-04-2003 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:20 PM   #85  

Zoe,
Your house is beautiful. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
don't work too hard.

Jen,
I saw that about Sammy Sosa. I saw his apology. Are they going to take apart his other bats?

Janie,
Good luck with school. I know you can do it.

We went to Conways Red Top yesterday and have to admit that I ate the biggest hamburger in the world. I felt guilty but I ate it.
It isn't high but it is so round. It took up the plate. They have to make their own buns because the burgers are so big.
I can't go there too often. Needless to say I ate no supper.
I have been going to the weight room every other day. I hope I can keep it up. The weather is still cool. It is supposed to heat up Monday.

Hi Es, Dianne and Ruth
Terri
Old 06-06-2003, 06:03 PM   #86  

Y'all didn't leave me and go somewhere else did you?

If anyone wants to send me a personal e-mail I have a new account while we are in Colorado. We can't reply for some reason on the other so Britts opened a yahoo mail account.
so my new e-mail is [email protected] .
Thanks,
Terri

Last edited by points; 06-07-2003 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:27 AM   #87  
Queen of the Fresh Start

WOW I agree with Terri....it's been very quiet in here!
Normally things do slow down in the summer, but not this much!

Hope everyone is doing great. I've had a better week than I had hoped for, lost 2 pounds I haven't journalled, am trying to stick with 3 sensible meals and no snacks. I've been exercising, need to focus on drinking more water.

We've got 2 graduations today, both at 2 p.m. My niece's daughter graduates from 8th grade, we're very close with them, so we'll definitely be attending that party. My cousin's daughter graduated from college; don't know if we'll make it to that one. Of course they're in two opposite directions

Janie,
how is the class? Good luck!

have a good weekend!
~Jen
Old 06-07-2003, 10:22 AM   #88  

Morning, I hope everyone is having a gorgeous weekend. Our weather has cooled back down a little, only in the 80's. I'm just not ready for the humid heat of the south!!

Terri and Jen, it does feel deserted here. I was surprised not to find a new thread started. I've been busy with school. We went through 3 chapters in our accounting class this week. That means homework every night and 2 quizes per week and a test on every Monday. Guess everyone knows where I'll be in the next little while, my nose in the books!!

ZOE, congrats on the house. Your days will be busy until you finally get settled in. The house is beautiful. Congrats! Happy Belated Birthday to Greg!

JANIE, hope your classes go alright. How long is your session? We have 3 sessions each summer, month of June is session 1, June and July is session 2 and session 3 consist of July only. I'm taking Acct. 309 in June and Acct. 310 in July. Summer school is really busy!!

JEN, CONGRATS! on the 2 lb. lost. That is wonderful. I've gotten back under the 170 mark, but I'm going back and forth between 166 and 168. Guess I'm just not serious enough yet. Need to drink my water and get on the treadmill. Elijah is doing great, he will be 3 weeks old on Monday. How old is Matthew? Aliyah is 22 months old, we bought her a potty chair this week. She will sit on it, but she hasn't learned to use it yet. Hopefully we will have her trained by the end of the summer.

TERRI, sounds like you guys are having so much fun. Wish you could post some photos of that wonderful Colorado scenery!

ES, hey girl. You have definitely heard the click!! Keep up the good work!

DIANE, where are you? Hope everything is okay.

Time for me to start studying. You girls take care, I'll try to check in with you more often.

Ruth
Old 06-07-2003, 03:42 PM   #89  

Hi Jen,
Congrats to the graduates. Have fun. I have a friend graduating from college so I have to send something soon. Thanks for the reminder.

Ruth,
I remember those ages. Have fun. Good luck with school.
As soon as we download some pictures I will post a couple.

Bruce and I are going out to dinner tonight and I told him I
want to go to the gym (open 24 hrs.)when we get home and he said he
will go with me cause it will be late.
Can't go today cause we are going to garden of gods and walking with
Tanner.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 06-07-2003, 11:23 PM   #90  

Hello my buddies

Sorry I've been MIA - just really busy. Last week I worked 6 days since last Sunday was the University's commencement and I work it every year. So, I've been kind of tired this week.

Glad to hear you're all doing well.

ZoeGirl - your new house is absolutely gorgeous! I wish you and your family many happy years in it. And to Greg, sorry this wish is late.

Es - you are doing so great, amiga. I'm so happy for you. You've worked really hard for these losses and I'm glad you are reaping the rewards now As for the PR parade, no, I don't go to it - I'm half Irish but I don't go to the St. Paddy's day parade either I don't like being in huge crowds. Willie and Alana are going though. It's supposed to be a beautiful day tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get to the park and walk. This weather's been so crummy - I'm sick of this rain.

Jen - hey girl, how are you? Looks like Matthew and Jessa are on the same "potty" schedule Its so cool, isn't it? The other day Alana stayed over and she told Jessa, let's change your diaper and Jessa said "no, I need PANTIES" But she pronouces pan like gone so its PONETIES Sooooooooo cute.

Terri - The places you go to amaze me, the garden of gods? Pikes Peak, wow. You guys must be having a great time. Enjoy!

Janie and Ruthie - I'm here, thanks for asking about me. Hope you guys are doing well in your classes. I give you tons of credit.

Well, guys just wanted to check in and say hi. Hope you all have a great sunday and I'll be back soon.

Last edited by decemberdianne; 06-07-2003 at 11:25 PM.
Closed Thread