Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 06:19 PM   #16  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

Well, after a little glitch, during which my computer refused to boot for 2 days, we have a very spiffy new computer. It's fast. It will do the graphics stuff I love to play with easily. And it doesn't crash or freeze as often.

As for my weight loss efforts, well, I have no idea what's going on. I'm still eating a lot less than I was because I'm just not that hungry. I can't tell if I've lost weight or not, though. I hadn't weighed myself before I got sick and it's PMS water-retention time now. What's really odd is that I'm not experiencing PMS cravings. That's totally weird!! But I don't feel sick or anything. And I'm eating enough food and it's well-balanced. So, I'm not worrying about it. Just observing what's going on.

It seems like a good thing--to listen to my body and eat the amount it wants, since it's such a reasonable amount right now. Maybe I"ll end up losing, but really slowly. Or maybe I'll just end up healthier. We'll see.

The proposal is coming along. I have to tweak the plot. I've gotten some good suggestions from people who read the first version. And from reading some of the existing novels set in this world, I can see that I need to change the emphasis--move one of my subplots to center stage and make the current main plot a subplot. Then I have to figure out how to fit what is currently about 15 pages onto 1 page. And write a 10-page sample. And a cover letter. Then send it off on wishes and prayers and a little money to the USPS.

I hope things are going well for you all.

Happy Turtlin'!

Lin
Old 06-02-2003, 06:20 PM   #17  
Turtle Buddy

I'll do a new thread tomorrow morning, since my post sent us to page 2. I don't really have time right now to ferret out my intro from whichever file it ended up in after I reformatted my hard drive a few months ago.
Closed Thread