Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 04:37 PM   #16  

Laura, I am so jealous of your day tomorrow!! I have to confess, I am the ultimate girly girl when it comes to that kind of stuff. I swear I'm not really high maintenance, I'd just like to be!!

Jess, it sounds like you are busy with BFs as well out there in the midwest! That must have been scary with the tornados yesterday. We actually had some around here the last couple years, and I'm in DC! Crazy el nino or something. So really you and Angie should move out here, I need some more people to hang out with too.

Well, so far so good today as far as being OP. If I make it through today it will be a whole week!! I don't know how much exercise I'll get in tonight though - I'm at work till 7, then I want to go to the grocery store because lean cuisines are half price...and it takes me like 45 mins to get home. If keep my goal of being in my bed by 10, that leaves me less than 2 hours at home to wind down, make dinner, prepare stuff for tomorrow, get ready for bed and just plain old chill out. So we'll see. I may split the normal routine I had planned for tonight - both times I've done it has taken me an hour and a half - I just don't have that kind of time tonight.

Jayne - the eggs did rock, I almost wish I hadn't even tried them...I'll want them again! And I am so jealous of you crawling into a warm bed....ok, only 2 and 1/2 more hours of work to go....
Old 05-05-2003, 05:33 PM   #17  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone. I guess this is a late hello. I'm crazy busy at work. It's the first day of classes so every student wants something from me today. At least the day goes quickly. I worked all weekend at Slam City Jan which is this huge professional skateboarding competition. The first night was a little slow but we were run off our feet Saturday and Sunday. A lot of little bumps and bruises for little kids and a few sent off for stiches or X-rays. We don't treat any of the professionals, we just treated the people who came to watch but I don't think there was any major problems with them anyway. Then as I was waiting for a friend to get off work I stood up too fast and fainted so when he did get off, I had him help me stand up and I went down again. Afterwards I'd realized that I hadn't eaten much - There it is again, FORGETTING to eat! - I'm insane. It took a while to come out of it too, I was shaking and weak and then I shivered for 10 minutes. They gave me cookies and chocolate to bring my blood sugar up and I got some chicken as soon as we left. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my lack of carbs thing I've been doing recently. I'm making an appointment with my doctor just in case. Wow, this turned into quite the long post. A quick hi to everyone who's still around. WELCOME BACK JAYNE!!! We missed you! I gotta get some more stuff done.
KT
Old 05-05-2003, 06:19 PM   #18  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Another late post from me ...

Hi KT! How can you forget to eat? That's crazy - I think I have a full-blown obsession with food, it can get to be pretty much all I think about - what's for supper, how long till lunch, etc.... Maybe I need a hobby

Okay so the plan is? ... all of us single girls moving to DC now? Sure I'm up for it!

You can make it through tonight Lexxy! One full week OP will make a difference! And I guess the pilates through me off cuz I'm not used to figuring it in as "exercise" unless it actually gets my heart rate up. I've got to change my frame of mind for that tape at least, and get cardio in another way!

Laura -- Your patio is going to look great! The simple style will look classy & the landscaping will look great on it! Have an excellent day off, remember all of us suckers stuck at work while you're enjoying the pampering!

Jess -- I'm packing my bags, hope you've got room! just kidding!

Jayne -- I happened to be flipping channels last night, Manor House was on from 11pm -1am, so I'm totally dragging today. I got completely hooked on it and couldn't turn it off last night! I'll have to figure out when the rest of them are on so i can catch them - and I'm totally jealous about your midafternoon nap!

Lori -- how old is your puppy? I love dogs, wish I could have one!

Okay, finally done posting! We got busy there for a little while, but it finally calmed down...
Old 05-05-2003, 07:49 PM   #19  
A Yankee in Virginia

Yup, Tonya, hubby and I think we're going to start trying for a baby this summer or fall. I have no clue how long it'll take me, since I've never been pregnant before. So we'll see!

Speaking of babies, I learned some wonderful news this weekend. Our very dear friends have decided to adopt a baby because she can't get pregnant. They've tried fertilty pills, injections, and nothing's happened. Rather than continue that route, which has been stressful and expensive, they've decided to adopt from Russia. DH and I have been asked to be a reference for them. I'm so excited for them!

I'm at work late, so I know no one's probably around anymore, so I'll just sign off and come back tomorrow. Jayne, good to see you back!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:57 PM   #20  
Canadian Chick

Hi girls. Just got back from my meeting. I'm down 2lbs. I'm glad but at the same time a little disappointed b/c it could've been more. I screwed up my counting & I thought I had all these points banked & then I ate them before I discovered my mistake. Argh! Anyway the meeting was pretty good. I've been feeling nauseau & headachy all day. I'm also sad. My bro is driving me crazy. He is so demanding & then he turns around & berates me & goes on & on about all my faults & how I'm really selfish & never do anything for him -even thouhg he's living here for free, eating for free & we're paying for his meds, his school enrollment & his cigarettes. Yep selfish & self-centered -that's me. Argh! I bawled myself to sleep last night after another round of his crap. I am sick of it but I feel stuck. If we kick him out he'll move back home to my Mom's & live off of her & my Mom only makes 12,000 a year. He finally got a job but its only part time until some girls go on maternity leave in July. Its better than nothing but not enough to get his a** out of our house. Sorry for grumbling. Today he's all buddy-buddy again. Its really hard. Right now I feel like the only thing I have any control over at home is my eating & its my ****ing house! argh! Anyway sorry for complaining. I'll be back tomorrow & hopefully i'll have better things to report.
Closed Thread