Old 02-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Hope everyone is well dropping a line before I get some rest. So I lost 0.9# this week. My body is adjusting to working and things are slowing down. I switched halls. So that hall isn't as active sometimes. Hope everyone is well. I have the hungry girl to the max cookbook which I need to try. So I guess since the weight loss is slowing no more stops at fast food for me. Okay let me go everyone have a good day.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #47  
Chick

Life, that's still a weight loss. This will all come into focus with your new job, new hours, etc. You've got this on the run. Keep up the good work and say so long to fast food!

Things going nicely here. We have 30" of snow which is not fun and we'll be looking at it for awhile, I'm sure. Making plans for a baby shower for my youngest daughter. It'll be in just a couple of weeks, so I've got a lot to do.
First time we're having a shower in a restaurant, so I hope it goes well.
getting cabin fever about all the snow, etc. but I'm still working hard on losing weight. Good luck everyone!!!
Judy
234.6/196.8/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - hope you are all doing great and having a good long weekend.
We have so much snow & my drive is still single car - too much snow to
make it double til it melts.
Terri - you must have lots of snow as well, you aren't too far from me.

Well, stayed same this week at the scales. Not complaining and with 2 food fuctions this week, I was probably lucky not to be up.

Seems all these get togethers have food, so I am going to try and be more
selective when accepting these invitations. Some things I could still go to and just eat at home beforehand.

Anyway, had birthday dinner last night which was good and I ordered halibut cooked in parchment paper & it was delicious. So good choice there.
Tonight have hockey dinner & dance (no idea what will be served)

Hope you are all staying warm and don't have to shovel too much.

Have a great holiday weekend, everyone!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #49  
Chick

Hi. We're really quiet here again. Chime in when you can. Lots of people at the WW mtg. on Wed. commented on how it was a hungry week. That said, our leader mentioned starting the week with Valentine's chocolate can
make us crave more and more sweets. I'm doing well now and I'm using the Filling Foods WW plan.
Onward and downward. We can do this!
jUdy
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #50  

Hi turtles:

Judy - glad to see you are still chiming in and the others must be in
hibernation mode. As I mentioned on other thread, was up .2# at ww
today but did have lots of activities last week plus away at hotel for 2 days
last weekend.
But, no excuses this week and only have 1 breakfast out this weekend,
so hoping that will help.
They are calling for more snow for us & actually it is nasty out right now and next week another 25cm coming, so more shovelling for me.

All - hope you are all keeping warm and post when you have a chance.

Miss the support and tips and thankful Judy is still our beacon of encouragement.

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #51  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Chime in when you can. Tough winter for many reasons, but spring will be here soon. In the meantime I need to find a way to exercise.

Bandit, keep on writing. I'm here and check in just about every other day.
This has helped us. Look at the weight we both have lost.

: and to all who peek in here!
Judy
234.6/198/180's and thinner
Old 03-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

I am back. So I have been working way too much. My sleep schedule is not going so well. I am still loosing weight. Hmm I am tryng to figure out when I am going to fit exercise in since I work nights and 12 hr shifts at that. I want to say my days off but some days I am wiped out. I have to start tracking again. So even thought the scale is down I really can't tell whcih is starting to frustrate me. I was attacked by Girl Scout cookies. I should have looked up the points value first. Other than that everything is going well.

Hope everyone is well. Well try to chime in more. Which may be at weird hours since I take my break between midnight and two am on good nights.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #53  

Hi turtles - nice to hear from Life again, and great your scale is going down.

Busy weekend and had way too many snacks. Trying to keep warm, still very cold up here.

Scale stayed the same again this week, so have to change things up.
Maintaining is great, but really need/want to lose this weight.

Have a great week, everyone!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #54  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Hey, check out our WI thread since Princess chimed in with a nice long post over there.

Life, so glad to hear from you and that your weight is going down. I know you're working hard, so that's got to have something to do with it. : and weigh to go! We always love to hear from you whenever you can.

Bandit, yes, I know about maintaining. I'm glad you're down and closer to goal. I had that upward tick and I'm having a really tough time changing that up. Using Simply Filling/Core works the best but sometimes I just need to break out. Haven't stepped on the scale this week after my very good WI, so that's usually a sign that I know I'm not doing all that great. I'll WI on Wed. and let you know.

On the up side, I gave a baby shower for my youngest daughter. It was a really good time. We had it at a restaurant this time and it was very pleasant and, I must say, a lot less work. So, she was very pleased. My other dd helped out and we all had a great time. Good to see some relatives we haven't seen in a bit. the food was good, and I didn't overdo.
However, the next day when I was resting wasn't the best----food cravings hit me pretty hard. Okay, onward and downward. I really want to get some more weight off.

Princess, so glad to see you back. Glad you've been sucessful online and that your dh is working this with you. The desire to do well together helps to fight some cravings and I'm sending you : to continue your good streak! Love to hear from you!!!

Everybody-----our newest members, chime in when you can. Let us know how you're doing. Terri, and Cherry Autumn and all the gals, drop us a note.

Judy
234.6/??/180's and thinner
Old 03-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

hey gals still here!!!

Computer is dead! we have a tablet but I"m not so great with it!!
Hope you are all well! My weight has been pretty much same but not giving up!!!!!!
We are off to Costa Rica for March break it is the Mom inlaws 70 th birthday, they have just finished building down there, so we are going for party and some sun. So lots of fresh fruit and walking!!!!

Talk soon
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Opps! I posted on the wrong thread! So sorry about that! I am on the right one know though I think!

Terri: Costa Rica! Have a great time!

Life: Sounds like you are busy!

Judy: Another grandbaby! Congrats!

Bandit: Are you having a good week? Are you still going to TOPS?

Have a great on plan day everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #57  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, yes---this is the right thread. Bandit and I have been using the other one for WI. So glad to see you back!

Terri, sorry about the computer, but glad to hear from you. Have a great time in Costa Rica.

Hi to everyone. Heading to WI at WW mtg. Tough week. Sure wish I could keep OP to see real results.

Wishing you all the best!
Judy
Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #58  

Hi turtles

Princess - yes, I go to Tops Thurs evenings and for now WW Fri am.
But will only be going to WW until April 1st - my friend quit going
so think I will just stick with Tops and save some $$$. I have all the material and get support here as well as Tops which should be enough.
If I find I am having too much trouble will go back to WW

Judy - good luck at your w/i today. This losing weight is tough, but
when you make up your mind you can do it.

Terri - Costa Rica sounds absolutely marvelous right about now. Have a great trip

Life - nice to see you back posting with us.

Week going pretty good, went to bingo last night & didnt' win.
Have a get together tonight with some ladies and we are going to
make fasinators, so that should be interesting.
Tops tomorrow and hoping to be down at the scale.

All - have a great weigh in!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Happy Wednesday everyone! Snowy day here in Indy, had physical therapy today but no trouble getting there and back on my lunch break.

Things are chugging along here, I do not do any exercise on PT days since I am usually pretty sore when I get done with that so I take the day off from walking.

Food is good and I am on track for the week so we will see how it all goes.

Bandit: totally understand - I have not been good about going to TOPS since my husbands second round of surgery but I go when I can. The group is so small these days and to be honest I don't get what I need from that meeting but love the ladies so don't want to leave. Any good books or movies lately? Have a great time with your outings, they sure sound like fun!

Judy: the very best wishes being sent your way for todays weigh in! Hope it is very successful. Have you made any new baby blankets or anything lately? Very thankful for the Leslie Sanson DVD's to walk at home, they are better for me then the treadmill, keeps me motivated better I think.

Life: How are you doing?

Terri: Warm weather! White sands and warm breezes! So jealous! The hubs works for a company that has a plant down there, I hope to travel with him someday to go there when he gets the opportunity, but not sure if that will happen... I can hope though!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 03-06-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #60  
Chick

Oh, it's great to have us chiming in again. Yay and

I decided not to WI at WW since my stepping on the scale at home wasn't encouraging. However, with everyone here being positive, I was able to turn it around once again. My aim is to have each WI be on the way down---even if only a fraction of a pound.

Princess, so glad to hear from you. I know what you mean about friends in TOPS since I really don't get much out of my WW mtg. anymore, but I love the leader and the friends I've made there. I think once I start losing again and earn stars I'll feel more engaged and more positive. It's so great to have you back here posting. Glad you figured out the phone/connection.

Bandit, how did the fascinators turn out? What a fun project!! Yeah, I think we are good support for all the turtles and I can see dropping a more expensive program to take advantage of TOPS. It is interesting to me how we all find our own way. I had been tracking well and not losing anything on WW's. I had to come to terms with the fact that bread doesn't work for me. it sets up cravings. I can eat the whole grains and still lose, so that's what I'm doing with simply filling. Still have enormous issues with emotional eating, so I need to handle stress better.

Terri and Life, thanks for helping keep us going!!!!

See you all over on #286 Bale of Turtles Cranking It!!! since we've gotten long here.

Judy