#283 Bale of Turtles Getting Ready for the Holidays!

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepn' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience that keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
    Judy
    Itryharder
    (for Lin and Lauren)
  • Hi Turtles,
    Good to see you here. I posted three appetizers that are WW friendly at our last thread.
    Let's have a great day. Today is our Halloween party. I am going as bubble gum------I am wearing a pink sweatpants and t-shirt with a Double Bubble logo on the shirt. I am making a necklace of blown up balloons for the "bubbles" and I made a hat of a paper sneaker on top of some deflated balloons. (Like the sneaker stepped on bubble gum---silly but fun)
    Judy
    234.6/192/180's and thinner
  • Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all. My apoligies for being away for a while, just needed to take a breather...

I have not been to a WI for a long time so I fear I have done lots of damage because I have not been on plan at all. I will get to WW next Saturday and in the mean time get my journal out and get started.

I sure hope that everyone is doing ok and staying warm, the cold weather is here.
  • Hey All Happy Hurricane! I mean Monday!!!! hehehe

It has been raining for 3 days! and apparently for 3 more to come. Halloween will be a wet one!

Bandit have you got your rubber boats out? How can it get worse? before it clears!!! I'd rather have snow!!! Hate the rain~!

JUdy hope your party was a good one!!

Princess so good to hear from you!!

Keepin at it!! Aquafit tonight!!

Terri
  • Hi Turtles,
    Well, here on Long Island, NY we are expecting to feel the storm heavily.
    Hope everyone is safe and sound. I am hoping that this turns out to only be an inconvenience and that we all stay safe.

The Halloween party was a blast. I think it was one of the best we've had.
    My dh and I relaxed quite a bit. We had everything done ahead of time. I even had time to go and have my hair blown out. Crazy! That's never happened before.

Well, food was not good yesterday, but today I am tracking my points carefully. Carbs are very appealing, but I'm trying not to overdo.

Terri, glad you're getting to Aquafit-----I feel that's what I could do in my backyard. The winds are picking up. If I'm not here for a bit it'll just be because we lost power.

Princess, so glad to hear from you. Please don't worry about a thing. Do the best you can every day. We all love you.

Bandit, thanks for chiming in.

We are doing the best we can every day. I am soooooooooooooooo glad I bought pretzels for Halloween trick or treaters and not candy! I bet you all know what I mean. Lol. A little nervous eating this morning, but I just made a batch of baked potatoes in my oven and plan to have one with a sauce of veggies over it for lunch. That sounds unbelievably comforting and delicious.

Wishing us all the best. Hi to Cherry and Life and all the other Turtles!
    Judy
    234.6/192/180s and thinner
  • Hey Judy hope all is well after Sandy whirled through NewYork!!
    Check in when you can!!

Some wind and rain here with more to come, but not too ,much of a big deal,

Worse part is not getting outside for a quick walk at lunch!
    Terri
  • Hi ladies

Judy - thanks for the appetizer recipes, they all look amazing

Princesss - nice to see you posting with us again

Terri - yes, the rain is here

I had a sore knee for awhile, then last Wed by time I got home I could not walk & my ex took me to hospital & I have a bakers cyst, they gave me anti-inflamatories, pain pills & crutches. It is now Tues & this is 1st time since last week I could make it up the stairs to computer. Also have been off work since last week. Planning on going in tomorrow, if I can get down the stairs & into the car. What a nuisance. Plus I have never had one of these and was surprised that I went from limping to not being able to put any weight whatsoever on it or to be able to straighten out the leg. After 3 days of it being bent my thigh was getting sore as well. Anyway, it has not been fun
    and I was getting worried last night when I thought we could lose power.

Anway, feeling better today and can actually lean on it abit

Hope everyone is doing great
  • Has anyone heard from Judy? She lives directly where all that damage is from the Hurricane...

Off to WI - it will be pretty but at least it is a start
  • Princess glad to hear from you! I have been worried about Judy also! I am sure she will get in touch when she can!!!
    We are a tough bunch of gals I know she is fine!!!!!

Thinking positive thoughts for all of us!!!

Terri
  • Hi Turtles,
    Thanks so much for the concern. Our power went out Monday night. Many many trees are down on my block. it looks awful. We were not hurt, thank goodness. A tree fell on my husband's car and it's totalled. We'll have to get out and lease something since we need two cars. Also, one of our tree limbs crashed down and punctured our pool, but dh thinks he can patch it and refill it with water before structural damage is done. Keep your fingers crossed. On Thursday when the house was getting really cold, we went to my dd's house on LI. They never lost power. it was good to get a good night's sleep and not be cold anymore.
    Crazy how much you take electricity for granted until you don't have it.
    So, we're back now in our home and taking care of lots of things. Didn't have access to computer until now. Thanks for caring about me. i love you all. Food has been terrible. I ate non-stop which is never a good thing, especially since I had been on a nice roll! Well, the damage on our street is fierce. Three neighbors had trees crash into their homes with varying degrees of damage, but honestly we are all lucky. We are mid-island so we didn't flood. Those poor people are the hardest hit and their recovery will be much longer.

Bandit, I'm sorry your knee caused you so much pain and I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Thank you all for your concern. We're doing fine. Oh, well, we'll have a lot of raking of leaves and branches to get rid of, but all in all we're lucky.
    Keep on keepin' on!
    Judy
  • Glad to hear that all is well Judy. Thanks for letting us all know how your doing.

Bandit- sorry to hear you were in so much pain with your knee

Terri and Princess- Glad to hear from you. Hope your weigh-ins have gone well.

I am doing ok. I am sitting at a weight of about 166 for the next few weeks due to my cycle. Hoping I am not done losing weight yet but i think I am getting closer.
    A friend gave me some size 14 dresses and I couldnt believe when they fit me! Still in a size 16 pants but better than the size 22/24 I started in.
  • Hey All!

Judy we are so glad to hear from you and that you and yours are ok!!! Thank god! The pictures we are seeing on TV are horrific!

Cherry we are all so proud of you! of course you would fit in a size 14 silly!!!

Bandit hope your knee is improving! Glad for some sunshine today!!!

Princess check in when you can!!

Like Judy I have ate anything that wasnt tied down this week getting back on track!

Thinking positive and keepin at it!!!!]

Terri
  • Good Morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all. Looks like it will be a cold clear day here in Indy so time for me to get out and get the Yard, Patios and Garage ready for winter - DS will be coming to help me since I am still very restricted and have lost most of my muscle conditioning that I worked my butt off to get... oh well, I am going to start slow and maybe I will get some back without hurting myself. Very thankful that the spinal injections I got were not from that pharmacy with the tainted meds... ugh.

JUDY:I am so happy to see your posts!~ I have been so worried about you and said so to my DH at the supper table last night... All the very best wishes to you and your family for a speedy recovery! Take care of yourself and don't worry about the food right now, I know how you feel about that but right now I am sure you have other things that are pressing on you so don't add that to the pile!

Bandit: I went back to read thru your post and I sure hope you get to feeling better soon... what is your doctor saying at this point?

Cherry: Congrats on your loss, you have done really well with all that you have going on.

Terri: Sounds like you are doing failry welll and continueing to work the plan when you can... are you getting to the gym still?

I have to run but take care everyone - made it to WI yesterday and it was aweful (up 6 lbs) but I went and that is all in the past now... I am back on track and will do the best that I can with my main focus on better health... weight loss will be a by-product of that.
  • Hi everone

Judy - glad to see you posting again & that you and your family are all OK
    As Terri said, what we see on TV is absolutely awful and my heart goes out to all that have to go through that.

Thank you for all your concern about my stupid knee. As I said, it is
    bakers cyst and I was on crutches for a week and now just limping around.
    Doctor said it just takes time to heal, so no dancing or bowling for awhile.

All - grey day up here and I have so many leaves to still rake up, that hopefully can get some done soon.

All - glad you are all safe from the storm and lets all have a great week
    at the scales.
  • Okay Turtles,
    We are expecting another storm coming through tomorrow afternoon. I hope we'll keep power, etc.
    I was brave this morning and stepped on the scale. I was up 5#. I have a feeling some of this could be gotten rid of fast, but I need to be OP to do so.

I'm sending : to all of us to keep on track and do the right things for ourselves.
    Judy
    234.6/??/180's and lower