Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 09:54 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of April 21

If you have 50 pounds or more to lose, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!
Old 04-22-2003, 06:26 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone! Sorry I was unable to check in last week. LAst week I gained 1.4 and Iwas a little down because I had did a lot of yard work etc. I worked alot this weekend too in the yard; so when I weighed in last night I lost 4.6!! Total of 16.2 so far!

My brother-in-law got married on 4/12 and the pictures came back so I saw them this past weekend and I can't tell I've lost any weight, I still look as big as the side of the house! I guess being only 5'3 and apple shaped (no curves!) takes a while to see the results. Plus I have this round face that sets it off! Any way I guess I'll have to pull at least 20 0ff before I start to see it. I have 1.8 to go before I reach my 10% Still have a long ways to go!

I don't mean to sound so down, I'm actually happy with the loss this is the most I've ever lost in a week; I think the photos did me in! (not to mention turning the big 4-0 last monday) I'll just have to keep plugging along!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Last edited by Nascar Girl; 04-22-2003 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Nascar - WOW 4.6# - good for you. Keep up the good work.

I was up .2# last night. Crossed my mind not to go to meeting, since my 2 friends were away, but I needed a journal so I went anyway. Before exercising, I would have been up probably about 2# with overeating at holidays so this was still an improvement.

My goal this week is to bank some points for the weekend. Have a birthday dinner on Sat night.

Hope everyone has a good OP week.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:21 AM   #4  

Wow, Nascar Girl, 4.6 down! You are so close to your ten percent, too, that's great. I don't think you should worry about the loss showing or not in the pics; I'll bet that you (and friends & family) will be noticing a big difference soon. 16.2 pounds is a significant loss! I'll bet you already feel more energetic, right? And have you gotten some new clothes? It's hard to see a loss when you're wearing the same outfits ...

Bandit, WTG on going to your WW meeting! I find that when I'm up a little, that's when I need the meeting the most. (And .2 is too tiny a number to be significant.) I think it's great that you maintained over the holidays! Is it your birthday on Saturday?

Had a good OP day yesterday, lots of walking, and hope to stay OP all week. My little sister is coming Friday for a weekend visit; can't wait to see her! She's a physical therapist and a personal trainer, and she designed my weights workout for me and gave me lots of other support and inspiration along the journey. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she's planning to move back to Texas soon.

Hope everyone's having a great week so far! Stop in and say hi when you have a minute...
Jan
Old 04-22-2003, 02:19 PM   #5  

Hi Jan:

No, my birthday was last month. It is my boyfriend's best friends birthday, so it should be a good time.

Your stats are amazing. How long did it take you to lose all that weight? I keep thinking this is taking forever. 2 steps forward, 1 back etc etc

Anyway, have a great day & talk to you soon.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:51 PM   #6  

Hi Bandit, I remember now, of course! Re: how long, over two years; I am a VERY slow loser! But at least I got in lots of practice at maintaining!

You have a great day too!
Old 04-23-2003, 10:25 AM   #7  

Angry Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!
I've not been MIA...just not online as much as I'd like this week/busy, busy, you know....

NascarGirl-WOW! That is a great weight loss! I don't know what your weight is currently, but I know I will need to lose about 20 more pounds before people will really start to notice. I guess it's just that if you are larger to begin with, that's the key: if you are smaller, 20 pounds makes a bigger difference. The key MUST be to not give up! Jan is a GREAT motivator within herself because she PROVES it can be done!

Bandit, I was up 3 pounds last week/I'm down 2 pounds from my "weakness week" but that's okay: I am learning to eat what I want (yes, even those "forbidden foods like chocolate" I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!) anyway, to only be up .2 is great! and, you know you will quickly gain control again.

Jan-I must say again that you are very motivating! I, too, am going to be a "slow loser"....it COULD be because I do choose stuff I love to eat over what I "should" eat, but then again, honestly, if I am not "allowed" to have any type of food (no matter what it is), even if I don't particularly like that food-it's all I can think about. For ME, I am learning that I need to eat what I want. I know it is part of my 1/2 pound a week/1 pound a week loss, but it is definitely something I can live with, so I am learning...forever learning....

Have a GREAT rest of the week, all!
chat with you soon!
Old 04-23-2003, 04:50 PM   #8  

Hi Hottie! WTG on losing two pounds; keep on truckin'! I couldn't agree more with the idea of having no forbidden foods; I'm like you, I'd just obsess over what I couldn't have and want it that much more.

Some foods that I have real trouble with, like peanut butter and chocolate, I try not to keep around the house, but indulge in them (in small amounts!) when I'm eating out. Also I tell myself that if I'm going to have chocolate, I'm worth the BEST chocolate, and I get one mini Ghirardeli or Godiva, something hard to find, and not a supermarket bar of that "common" stuff, haha.

My Dad is SUCH a chocoholic it's funny. For Easter, I got him this mini box of only four chocolates. He opened it right away, but he is such a nice person that he first offered some to me and my DH!! Of course we declined, and those four chocolates disappeared in NO time!!

Hope everyone's having a good week!
Old 04-24-2003, 06:31 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone!

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I really do appreciate it!

Janet Mae - you are such an inspiration! I too have been a slow looser the entire 16 weeks withthe exception of this past week, I have about 35 more to loose. My co-workers can tell and DH says he can tell too that I've lost some. As far as the clothes, I have a gammet of sizes in my closet! But I'm getting back into my 12's slowly.

Bandit - I went through a wedding and birthday so far this month which wasn't too bad; I think the key is being consious of what we eat; I'm more aware now than before. Have a good time at the party.

Hottie - Congrads on the 2 pounds I too am like you, I want to learn to eat the foods I enjoy so it doesn't seem like a "diet"

Well gotta hit the shower, working out of town all day. Everyone have a good one!
Old 04-24-2003, 09:55 AM   #10  

Hi everyone:

Hottie - since you like chocolate, have you tried the ww chocolate muffins? Very chocolatey & low in points & stay fresh forever. Good for a chocolate fix!

Nascar & Janetmae - Thanks for the encouragement & keep up the good work.

Bye for now.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:22 AM   #11  

Hello all...WOW: 2 posts in 2 days! look out!! she's a HOT "hottie"

bandit2: no, I've not tried the WW chocolate muffins, but when I am wanting a soft/cakey treat, I'll try 'em out! thanks for the tip.

I usually am a salty girl-love the salt...gotta have it....but that chocolate calls my name a lot, too--just moderation is the key. Jan, I LOVE peanut butter-love it, love it, LOVE it! I like it on apple slices-YUMMY!!
I guess what I've learned is that I can have the food I love IN the house. It kinda dawned on me months ago that when I kept food I really love (like peanut butter/chocolate/popcorn) OUT of the house, I would try "substituting" with other foods. What I realized was, that the more I wanted something and tried to sub for it, I woudl just eat MORE calories of the stuff I was trying to sub with than if I had the food in the HOUSE and got it over with! SO-I am learning to be "at peace" with food. I keep food I want/love around me. Even here at work, I have food in my cubicle (horrors--yes, ladies, I live in a cubicle from 9-5 anyway, I keep food DELIBERATELY around me. It's almost a "comfort" thing to HAVE it. I have learned and am still learning that I can have it around me and when I want it, it's there. It's all part of the "legal food" thing for me. It's available and I can have it at any time I choose. I am learning to choose my TIMES of consuming it wisely.

anyway-sorry to ramble off on a tangent (I seem to do that quite often-sorry)....but maybe that will help some of you out as well...

Have a great weekend -ALL of you if I don't get a chance to hop back on!

bye for now
Closed Thread