3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Tuesday-April 15 2003 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/26684-tuesday-april-15-2003-a.html)

momofoneson 04-15-2003 07:25 AM

Tuesday-April 15 2003

Startin' the thread, be back later.....

lexxy2 04-15-2003 09:26 AM

Morning girls,

How's everyone today? I am pretty pleased with how I did yesterday, my first day of the Canada challenge! I ate more calories then I would have liked to, but my baby goal for the week is to average under 2000 calories a day. I figure that will at least be ok to maintian, and then I can decrease them - kind of like that plan of reducing # of points everyday. I also did 30 mins of my new FIRM tape, I really didn't have an excuse for stopping, I just got bored of doing lunges. I'll have to work on that! But I also got some very needed housework done, and made an awesome dinner that gave me plenty of leftovers for the next few meals. If anyone else out there is a fan of rice and beans - I especially like the Lean Cuisine Santa Fe rice and beans, this came out to be similar. 2 cups dry instant brown rice - cook and add a can of black beans and a can of kidney beans. I added a can of chopped green chiles, a cup of fresh salsa and tabasco. I split it into 8 1 cup servings and added a tbl FF sour cream. So good and like 230 calories, 7 grams fiber, very little fat. Not sure on the points, maybe 3 or 4?

Ok, I guess I should try to go and do some work. I want to cut out of here early since it's supposed to be like 80 today! BBL

JessIsOK 04-15-2003 09:38 AM

Good Morning!

Good morning everyone!!

First off, thanks everyone SO much for all of the advice. I realized yesterday that Aaron isn't going to make all the changes I want him to make. Now I just need to tell him that I'm going to see Mike... Of course, he'll make me feel super-guilty and be all like "Now nothing else can go wrong in my life, blah, blah, blah". And, yes, Lexxy, I was serious when I said Aaron might be going to jail. :) He goes to court on Monday and may be facing some jail time. I keep thinking that once all of this is over, things will be better, but it's basically just one thing after another and things will probably never get any better. :( We had so much fun together and there were such good times, it's sad to think about it ending.

Ick, let's change the subject. :)

I spent all day OP yesterday and even got some exercise in. Today, I'm going home over lunch to do the 3-mile WATP video, then after work New Boy (Mike) and I are going for a walk and then maybe to dinner. The last couple of weeks have been super-bad and I want to look better, so I've GOT to get it together.

Hello, Robyn!! Hope all is going well for you!

That's about all I have to say, I better get some work done. I just got a warning that I'm going to get a big pile of stuff dropped on my desk probably today. But I'll still try to stop back in later! :wave:

JessIsOK 04-15-2003 09:40 AM

Hey Lexxy! We were posting at the same time. That rice and beans sounds pretty good! I may have to try it sometime. Way to go on your good first day of the Canada Day Challenge! Hope you get to sneak out of work early, wish I could... ;)

WinterGirl 04-15-2003 09:48 AM

I'm throwing a pity party for myself today. It's going to be something like 80 degrees today so I pulled out a skirt that I haven't worn since last summer. It is TIGHT. Last summer it was so loose on me that it looked bad because it didn't fit right. It still looks bad because it doesn't fit right but for the wrong reasons.

This whole event has really gotten me down.

I'm not happy at this weight. I'm constantly making plans to get back on track and I usually do - at least for a few days or a week and then something happens - CB wants to go out for pizza with friends, my work schedule changes again, I get sick....and I let myself get off track and the 2 or 3 lbs I've managed to loose creep back on.

What I can't figure out is why I am doing this to myself. I'm unhappy about the weight I've gained this year - why am I having so much trouble putting the work into what will make me happy? I keep making plans....and letting them fall through. Is it because my plans are faulty and unrealistic? Or is it because of some defect in my character that negates my will/want power?

Sorry, I know I'm rambling and whining. I just need to say these things to people that will understand. CB tries but he's never had a weight problem or dated anyone who has had one. He always asks what it is he can do to support me and he does his best to follow through but he admits that he doesn't understand how I can eat an entire box of Crunch-a-Munch in a day even if I'm not hungry. He seems to think that I just ought to be able to set a goal and follow through. Somehow, I just can't translate the desire to fit into my summer shorts into bypassing the pizza in front of me.

Alright, enough. I could go on in this vein all day today. Maybe if I think about people outside of myself, I'll work into a better frame of mind.

Deb - take care of yourself! I wasn't and caught a nasty chest cold that is now in it's 2nd week - I just can't shake it. Get lots of fluids and rest.

Rina - You should take a break from your brother. Even if you can't get home for the weekend, take an afternoon by yourself or with DH and go to the movies or for a walk - and don't invite your brother!

Morning Robin!

Lexxy - your dinner sounds delicious. I copied down the recipe because it sounds like something that I would love - with plenty of leftovers for lunches. And how could you get bored doing lunges? I love lunges - they make me feel strong.

Come out and play everyone.

Laura

WinterGirl 04-15-2003 09:53 AM

Jess - we were posting at the same time. Regardless of what Aaron says, you have no reason to feel guilty, meeting his emotional needs is no longer in your job description. Try to keep your head above water at work today.

Laura

Belle2000 04-15-2003 09:56 AM

Good morning girls – its gonna be one of those days again – its so busy leading up to open houses – I have two next week in the middle-of-nowhere, Alberta. Actually, I really like the open houses – I get to meet/hang out with the field guys, who I lke more than the corporate duds at head office, and I like meeting the local residents/ landowners. Its fun!!

Laura – In Canada we get Good Friday off (most of us, anyway) which makes a long weekend. Some of us get Monday off too, but not me. About the skirt - I can relate with that feeling. I don't know why we self -sabotage. But I think I partly do it out of fear - fear that if I do get to goal, and gain it back, people will comment. I can't offer you much advice, except, when the other things come up ie; pizza, etc, can you either try to work it into plan OR just see it as a bump and get right back on program? Keep your chin up- we are all in the same boat...

Angie- you must be excited! I have always wanted twins. Do they know if they are fraternal or identical?

Lori – what a sweetie! I checked them all out and showed a girl I work with who is a dog nut too. Ginger is chubby! I just wanna cuddle her!

Hey Tonya – so would you say the lab is the best breed? My sister and her dh are looking to buy a puppy but struggling with the breed….

Jen – congrats on your .4 down (I think??) is that OK that you lost? If I lived closer, I’d do your yard for you ;)

Hey Lexxy! Wow, all these boy- stories put mine to shame! And congrats on Day 1 of the Canada Day Challenge! :D

Hey KT! I am having dinner at my place this year, which is a lot of work I think, and I am super busy getting prepared. I still have to buy the turkey – I think I’ll get it tonight! Good luck at your aunts!

Kim –I totally think BMI is ******ed. Mine is like 35 or something too – its obese anyway. Even my doc told me not to worry about it. His is 39 and he’s not even really chubby. So I think you should relax and realize YOU ARE NOT OBESE. No one on the street would stop and go “oh my god, look at that girl”. Not unless they were referring to your radiant cuteness! ;) We all go through that eating crap thing. By the way, my doc and nutritionist say red meat gets a bad wrap and I actually have to INCREASE my intake, so don’t feel bad about that either!! And Kim – I haven’t been under 190 since 1992. So there.
Oh yeah, and Lexxy, I am so with you on the “one Hershey kiss”. For me, try one PACKAGE of hershy’s kisses.

Hey Deb! How are you!? Glad to hear your unpacking is coming along well – its been 7 weeks for us, we still aren’t done. Oh well!

Hi Rina! I am sorry about your bro – can you take him on a mini-vacation?? I think he needs it rather desparately. Poor guy.
Well, I better get some work done here, I have a ton to do and I want to meet my mom after work for dinner….we’ll see if I can get that done in good time!

BBL!!
:dizzy:

Belle2000 04-15-2003 09:58 AM

Jess - hey girl. I can only say this - the sooner you wash your hands the better. I dated a "nice guy" too, who just wasn't going anywhere. And I just didn't want the same things out of life he did. And he was into stuff I wasn't too (his bro was a huge criminal - still is). I think you might want to consider cutting ties and moving on. It has literally taken me 3 years to wash my hands completely, of even his mom, who didn't want to let me go. You need to put YOURSELF first.

that said, try to enjoy your life - it will get better!

BBL

Horsey girl 04-15-2003 12:24 PM

Hi ladies. I'm still tired today. I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. I HATE it when that happens. On the good news front, I stayed within my points for a whole day. Haven't been paying much attention lately so that's good. I can't wait until I'm finished my course and can get back to the gym.
Lexy - sounds yummy, I've never seen instant brown rice. I'll check the next time I head to the grocery store.
Jess - congrats on the realization. Hope you don't get buried under too much work.
Laura - we've all been there. It's so hard to get through. And it feels soooo good to stay on points. Maybe trying on the old clothes every now and then can give you a push in the right direction. I know it motivates me. Take one day at a time, if that doesn't work, take it one meal at a time. You can get back on track!
Belle - you sound busy. I hope you get lots of help with your easter dinner and have a great time.
Hello to anyone I missed or anyone who hasn't posted yet. Come out and play! I'll check back later.
KT

star19600 04-15-2003 12:31 PM

Good morning everyone

I've been busy for the last couple of weeks at work, haven't had time to post. And for the last few days, I've been going on hour-long walks, before that I spent half hour at the gym during the week (except Friday). So I've got the exercise thing going on. But as far as eating goes, I've been eating way too much still! I did weigh myself at home when I went to visit the family, and I'm own 6 pounds from the last time I weighed myself (maybe a month ago?) So I'm excited. And the green pants I bought last September fit -- I love wearing clothes that never fit before!

As far as work goes -- ick. I'm handling my job okay, it's really not that bad, but I'd like to move back home to be closer to my family. And last year, I would have never said that, but it's just weird being in a "new" town, and not being close to anyone that I know all that well. So I'm currently looking for a job close to home, and when I find one, I'm going to move in with one of my friends who has a house with really cheap rent!

Congrats Angie on the twins! I have a cousins who are twins (3 yrs old) and triplets (5 years old) -- they are a lot of fun!

Laura -- don't worry too much about the skirt, you've done it before, you can definitely do it again! I totally understand about not being able to just not eat when you're not even hungry. I do that all the time -- when I'm bored, when I see something that looks good. Part of what helps is just not having it in the house -- if it's not there, I can't eat it.

Lexxy - I'm going to have to try those beans & rice too, it sounds great!

Belle, Jess, KT and everyone else - have a great day! it's supposed to be 85 degrees here, I'm excited -- gotta make it through the rest of the day before I can enjoy it though...

lexxy2 04-15-2003 12:51 PM

Jess, let us know how it goes with Aaron. It sounds like you're soing great on the exercise front though, wohoo!

Laura, are you sure you wrote that post and not me? I don't think I could say it any differently, I know EXACTLY how you feel. That is why I it took me an extra half hour to get to work today, because I could find nothing to wear from last year that would fit me. I'm a bit scared too, because all my summer clothes are size 10s and I'm pushing it in my 12s. I have 3 happy hours this week after work, and may go to the beach again this weekend. At least last time we bought groceries and didn't eat out much, but I still ate more than I would want to, plus all those mixed drinks....

I know we used to have a bunch of girls on the thread who went out drinking a lot - help! I don't want to sound like an alcoholic, but it's really what my social life revolves around. I usually drink miller lite, which isn't bad, although lately I've been into orange vodka with cranberry, which is waay too many calories. I guess I'll just have to make myself eat less during the days I'm going to drink. It's hard, but I know I'm not going to give it up. I tried staying in more for a while, to save $$ and calories, but all it got me was a new eBay habit and nighttime binges. My real challenge for this canada day thing should be to really incorporate this as a lifestyle, not a temporary thing. Like working out before going to work, so I have no excuse at night. Yes, it means having to work later and spending more time in traffic, but I guess I need to make some more sacrifices here - or buy new fat clothes!!

Belle, good luck with cooking easter dinner!

KT, I used Uncle Ben's instant brown rice

Rina, hang in there with the bro, sorry he's gotten you so stressed. Does he realize the effect he's having? Maybe if he met a new girl it would help....

lexxy2 04-15-2003 12:52 PM

Angie, we were posting at the same time, congrats on the loss and all the exercise!! Rub some of that motivation off on me!!

star19600 04-15-2003 01:20 PM

Lexxy -

I know exactly what you mean about eBay -- I am completely convinced that it's an addiction! So I don't let myself on it anymore ... very often ...

RhubarbJelly 04-15-2003 01:51 PM

No time to post properly. I've already eaten 17points today! Argh! I am super busy at work too so by the time I get supper I'll be starving. Oh well. At least I'm writing it down & counting it all. Doesn't sound like much but its more than I've been doing in the past month! I'm hoping to ease myslef into being back on track. I kow Easter is going to be a big challenge so I'm not really setting my expectations to high. Hopefully come Easter Monday I can be fully back op & in control once again.

I'm jealous of you girls with the warm weather. Its been raining off & on for 3 days or so. Feels like B.C. which is really bizarre for us prairie peoples! Anyway I hope you all have a great day! I'll talk to you later!

Horsey girl 04-15-2003 02:20 PM

Hey Rina - us BCers have had about 35 hours of sunshine this month, total. Thank goodness I like the rain.
Angie - way to go on the loss and way to get that exercise in. I should take a cue from you.
Lexy - all I can suggest is to stay away from those evil mixed drinks with cream and sugar pop in them. And be sure you enjoy yourself. The less you eat during the day, the more you feel the beer at the end of the day. (not that that's a good thing.)

KT