View Poll Results: How do you plan to deal with the Chocolate Bunnies??
I don't get any chocolate or buy myself any... 6 46.15%
I have told the Easter Bunny that little gifts will be sufficient. 0 0%
It's one day out of my life, I'll eat the Bunny... 5 38.46%
I will allow myself SOME chocolate, but stay within my range. 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 09:40 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Monday - Easter week....

Yay, a four day week and its almost easter....
Old 04-14-2003, 09:44 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls! I feel a lot better rested today and I WI today and am down 2#, so that makes me happy!! Yay!!

How was everyone's weekends??

Did I read that someone is having TWINS?? Holy dina!!
Old 04-14-2003, 10:04 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Belle! How is it that you've ended up with a four day work week?

Angie - Twins??? Oh my gosh!

Rina - Kim gave you great advice re: your brother living with you. It is kind of you to help your brother out but setting limits on how long he can stay with you protects your health and the health of your relationship with DH. Plus after he moves out you can still help - maybe a weekly lunch date so that he's got a sounding board for all the changes in his life.

Weekend went by too fast. Mowed the lawn and prepped for painting Friday night. Worked all day Saturday and spent yesterday painting the main part of my house.

How did you spend your weekend?

Laura
Old 04-14-2003, 11:13 AM   #4  

Angie-Congrats again!!!

We were busy this weekend-On Saturday we rented a steamer from home Depot and steamed off the wallpaper in the baby's room in preparation for painting. DH also cleaned the basement and completed renovating(we are finishing it to be used as a rec room/playroom). On Sunday we returned the steamer and did some baby registering, then went and picked out carpeting for the basement and then had some friends over for a barbecue. We also took the puppy to home depot on saturday-she was a hit! Here is a link for pictures of the puppy. If you want you can see our little baby-'the alien' U/S pics as well

http://h08002be5a46a.ne.client2.attbi.com/~jim/pics/

She's a handful, but she's worth it so far....
Lori
Old 04-14-2003, 11:33 AM   #5  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for the congrats! Yep, twins...shocking but exciting. I actually put ultrasound photos up this morning too...so if you are interested...this is the link http://pages.ivillage.com/ang777/id17.html
Old 04-14-2003, 12:07 PM   #6  

Lori ~ Your puppy is so cute! Yellow lab? We have a black lab, 1 1/2 years old now. We love him!

Angie ~ Congrats on the twins, I always wanted twins.....
Old 04-14-2003, 12:47 PM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey gals. Well I had another appointment with my doctor. I can't believe I am down to my last couple of weeks. I am so ready to have this baby. I also lost weight this time. .4 of a pound. That's a first. I felt like I was progressing so fast and ready to have this bayb now, but after my appointment I am not so sure. She said I am right on track. I am just getting so uncomfortable, I am ready. I also can't eat much at a sitting because I get full so fast and I have to go to the bathroom a lot. I am also very anxious to be outside cleaning up our disasterous yard, but I can't. And asking hubby isn't working so far!!

Angie, Congrats.

Jess, I agree with what others have said, so I won't repeat it again.

Laura, we have a 4 1/2 day work week. We get 1/2 a day on Friday for Good Friday. If you work in government, you most likely don't get that day off.

Oh and it is SOOOOOO nice here today. Supposed to hit a record 80 degrees. BUT... and a BIG BUT.... they are predicting a cold front by Thursday that may bring in snow. WHATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!
Old 04-14-2003, 12:48 PM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Oh and Lori, we have a golden retriever that we bought 1 week before we found out we were PG with Emma. She is 3 1/2 and just this year is growing up and because quite hysterical. She still acts like a puppy, but more often she just acts weird and makes us laugh!!!
Old 04-14-2003, 01:03 PM   #9  

That puppy is so adorable!! I want one so bad...

Angie, congrats on the twins

Jess, I read your post about the boy troubles on Friday, and you got great advice, but of course I want to chime in too Some of the things you were saying sound really familiar to my situation. I dated this guy who was pretty bad on paper - older, unstable job, has a kid, etc. I wasn't even attracted to him at first, but he seemed like such a nice guy that I decided to give him a chance. The first couple months were great, but went downhill quickly after that - unfortunately I was hooked by then. We also had that intangible chemistry thing that is so frustrating. I should have completly cut it off with him after the first time we broke up, but I just couldn't do it. He had total control over the situation, which it sounds like Aaron kind of does too. I would walk on eggshells and totally worry if I did something wrong to completely blow the chances of us getting back together, which is what I always wanted. We broke up for good in September, but then started getting back into things in December. It didn't last long before all the old garbage started happening again and he cut it off at the end of Feb. When we were apart I tried to date a "good on paper" guy too, although I didn't really like mine so much. I would always compare him to the ex, and we just didn't have the chemistry. My problem is I would always remember the good things about the ex, but conveniently would forget all the bad. For god's sake he stood me up on my b-day because he was mad, and then was the one to break up with ME. I had this idea in my head that my feelings for him would overcome all these obstacles, blah blah. I always logically knew in my head that I needed to move on and get over him, but easier said then done. I think even now if he asked me to, I would stupidly get back together and the same stuff would repeat itself. I think your post says that you logically know that you should be moving on, but you don't want to tell him about this new guy because it will ruin any chance of getting back together. All I can say is try to be stronger then I am!! I try to just keep telling myself that there has to be a guy out there with both aspects - a good job, treats me right, etc - plus the chemistry. I may be way off base, but take it from me, the longer you put your life on hold waiting for someone, the longer it takes to get it going again.

As far as if you should tell him, that's your call. Normally I would say don't lie about it, but don't specifically mention it either. He's forcing you to be the one to cut things off here with his immature ultimatum, and maybe that's what you need to do - regardless of if you really like this other guy or not. Do you really want to be with a guy who puts you in this position in the first place?

Ok girls, sorry for all the rambling, hope everyone's doing well!
Old 04-14-2003, 02:05 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone!
I am trying to stay away from the chocolate bunnies this easter. Luckily with just me in the house, there will probably not be any chocolate there. Although I am having brunch at my aunt's and she LOVES to feed people so we'll see how that works out. Myabe I should make a goal of staying away from carbs for the weekend celebrations and that might balance out some of the not so great foods. Carbs are my weakness.
Lori - Cutest Puppy ever !!! It will be nice for your little one to grow up with a dog.
Angie - Congrats! Holy doubling your kids. Keep us up to date. You'll have to change your handle.
Belle - Yay on the 2# way to go!
Laura - are you painting outside or inside? I watched Trading Spaces and While you Were Out all weekend. I wish I could paint my place...
Jen - Are you finished work yet? or are you working right up till you deliver?
Lexxy - You're being strong now at least - that's important. Good for you!

OK, must get some of this done. Have a great day everyone, I'll check in later.
KT
Old 04-14-2003, 04:02 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Lori: What's the puppy's name? I have two dogs, Toby and Stella. Actually, to me, they're all puppies. There are just "baby puppies" and "big puppies."

Congrats, Angie! How exciting!

OK, girls, I'm feeling kind of depressed. I was reading a newspaper story at a co-worker's recommendation and it was about a friend of hers who decided to have gastric bypass surgery. Out of curiousity, I went to a website to see what my BMI was and it was 38. According to this website, I am morbidly obese.

So I feel horrible, like I will never, ever be thin. H*ll, forget thin, just semi-normal. Lately, I cannot stop eating crap. Fried foods, red meat, etc, etc. I crave crap. Even when I try to make up my mind not to eat crap, I eat it anyway. I was thinking: I have not been under 150 pounds since 1995. That's depressing. I've joined WW more time than I can count, and even getting engaged only got me to lose some weight. As soon as I got married, I promptly gained back the 12 pounds I lost before the wedding.

What do I do? I'm starting to get really, really scared that I won't ever lose weight.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:52 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Kim - don't stress. That's the first thing. The next is to figure out what works best for you. Maybe bypass surgery is a reasonable alternative for you to look into. Or maybe a nutritionist or WW again? Whatever you choose, it has to be your decision and your choice and you know that we will all be standing her supporting you whatever decision you make.
KT
Old 04-14-2003, 04:59 PM   #13  

Kim,

I can't believe that someone at 180 can be morbidly obese. Remember, BMI doesn't take into account muscle mass and is a very generalized thing. I know I personally, and probably a lot of others here, can relate to not being able to just eat healthy. And it can be very depressing to set these goals and just feel like you can't ever reach them. That's what these boards are for. Look at how much weight you've already lost - 26+ lbs is nothing to discount, no matter how much more you want to lose.

I wish I could tell you something so inspiring that could make you stop craving crap, but I can't....I ate McD's for breakfast AND dinner yesterday. For me, I'm kind of all or nothing. I'm not the type that can have 1 hershey kiss for dessert and put the bag away for tomorrow. If I am eating healthy, I can have an unhealthy meal every once in a while, but I can't incorporate treats into my every day. But some people need to have that stuff so they don't feel deprived - maybe every time you try to eat healthy it's just too restrictive. But you can lose weight, you've already proven that!!
Old 04-14-2003, 06:41 PM   #14  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hello everyone!
I'm posting so late - but you know w/ the sun out @ 6:30 PM I didn't realize what time it was!!!

Unpacking is coming along ... not a good time to get sick, but I did. Probably because I'm so stressed and not taking such good care of myself.

Congrats to all of these new additions! Puppies, babies ... new homes - all of these changes! I guess Spring is the time of change ...

Not much else to post. It was a busy day today.
Making today an OP day #1. So far so good.

Gotta get running to pay a bill. UGH.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:57 PM   #15  
Canadian Chick

Hey friends, Life is still the same for me. Lots of tension. At this very moment my brother is laying on our couch crying about his ex. AGAIN. He went home for the weekend to talk to her & found ou she was sleeping with this new bf before she's broken up with my bro-ouch. He and this guy got into some wresting & now he has a big fat lip. Ever since, he's been more depressed than ever. I can't wait for it to get better around here. Thanks to all of you for your advice. Before he came we set a bunch of limits & he's pretty much bent every single one of them.

I'm still eating like crap. I did a bunch of baking on the weekend but am amaging not to eat too much of it-I've had like one piece a day of the banana bread & one serving of the apple crisp (which is low point anyway). Unfortunately still haven't gottne back to journalling. Its my goal for the week. In fact I think I'll go do iot for today right after I finish here. I ate way too much today & am now feeling icky. I'm hoping to talk the men into going for some b-ball or at least a walk tonight. We'll see.

Lori, your pics are great. I love other people's pics. I went through them all! LOL! btw was that shower atyour house or someone else's? The blue wall paper is the same stuff that I had in my room as a teenager! Ginger is so adorable!

Angie! I was wondering where you had disappeared to. TWINS!! That is so awesome! Do you know they are going to be fraternal or identical? THat is so special!

Jen, wow your time is getting close! Do you have any recent pics of you & of the big sister to be? How long until you are finished with work?

Belle great poll! I was honest. I know I'm gonna eat the bunny! Congrats on your 2 gone! that rocks! Glad you are felling more rested!

Laura, sounds like you had a productive weekend. I can't wait until I've got my own house to play with! Do you have any pics to share?

KT, Good luck at your aunt's this weekend. I'm going home & both of my Gran's are totally like that too.

Kim, don't stress girl. I don't totally agree witht hem BMI thing either. Especially in your case. I am over one hundred lbs heavier than you & I am morbidly obese but if I lose like 50 I'm not. Makes sense to me but for you I can't see it. Muscle weighs 4x more than fat & throws that whole system out of wack. THat's probably your case I would think. Just keep trying to make positive choices & eventually you'll be headed in the right direction. I get the cravings bad too but I told DH to remind when I say I want something that I really want something better in the long run. He also suggested I pay him $5 evertime I give into a craving but it hasn't come to that yet.

Hi tonya! How is school going? Do you get a break for Easter or is your semester almost over?

Lexxy, stay away from your bad boy!! Resistence girl resistence!

Deb, I hope that you find some time to take care of yourself. How is your son holding up under the stress of it all? I hope you get settled in quickly so you can relax.

What's everyone's plan for the Easter long weekend? I am super lucky b/c I get a four day weekend!! Woohoo! Our car is acting up & we're taking it to be fixed Wednesday. I f all goes well then I will be heading home for the weekend. I haven't been since Christmas so its long overdue. I am looking forward to getting out of the city. Porr Dh has to stay here b/c he has to work Good Friday (at least he gets stat pay) & then he has a final exam on the Tuesday that he nedds to study for. I'm hoping by then my bro will be working so I can leave him here. I need a break for him! Anyway I should go do something productive! Take care all!

Last edited by RhubarbJelly; 04-14-2003 at 09:18 PM.
Closed Thread