#282 Bale of Turtles Ready for a New Challenge!

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Hey Gals!

Trying my best to keep at it!!! Not giving up!!
    We can do this! With all lifes challenges we are all still winning the race!!!

Next challenge! Canandian Thanksgiving this weekend!!!!!
    Terri
  • Hi everyone - hope you are all doing well and staying on track.

Life - congrats on such a fabulous weight loss, thats great

Judy/Princess - everyone is so busy, hope you are keeping up

Terri - Great job on your exercise!
    Another holiday, here we go! For our big dinner this year, we are going to golf club & this will be first time in years I am not doing the big turkey dinner. So will be interesting to see how this goes.

Also, this is final weekend at trailer. So will be going up for at least 1 night and have to have fridge cleaned out, since they winterize it next week.
    So sad, another season of hot weather done. But on the plus side, I love the fall and we are still having great weather.

I have been struggling with my weight loss. Up/down and really getting tired of not doing as well as I feel I should. I really need to get back to a regular walking routine, not just hit & miss as I have been doing lately.

All - Hope you are all doing your best and seeing that darn scale go down!

Have a great weekend!
  • Bandit, I know you are expressing how I feel right now. The food I am eating is low carb, low fat. I am also watching my portions. I think I need to tighten up a bit more and I'll see a loss. No sense in beating ourselves up, but I hear the need to lose some weight now. Thanks.
    Judy
    234.6/193/180's and thinner
  • Trying to check in and see how everyone is doing. I think I am getting fairly close to the weight i want to maintain but I wondered what everyone else is aiming for and their height. I havent been the weight i am not since i was like 17 or so. I know it isnt the weight suggested for me on charts but I am not one to feel the need to be super skinny by any means. I guess i am just trying to get an idea of where i want to end up at the end of this journey. Then comes the journey of maintaining.
  • Cherry, you are doing so very great!
    To answer your questions, I've always been almost 5'4", but this year I dropped to 5'2" and it's very disappointing. I'm going with the 5'4" height because that makes the most sense to me. Of course I'd like to go with a 6' height so I wouldn't have to lose any more weight. I am comfortable at 160# although that isn't what the charts want for me either. To be honest, I need to get into the low 180's and then work hard to break through that.
    I've had trouble doing that lately but I won't give up. Looking into more and more cookbooks, etc. to see what I can eat that doesn't smack of "diet" and yet will enable me to lose weight.
    Cherry, what do you have in mind for yourself?
    Judy
    234.6/193/180's and thinner
  • Hi Turtles,
    I have a little good news and I'd like to share it. By eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and having two-three snacks a day of a carb and low fat protein, it looks like I will be able to get rid of some weight. I've got my fingers crossed but I did lose a pound over the weekend and I'm very happy about that. Job is to keep off that pound and then lose another pound next week. They do add up! Both ways.
    Thought you'd like to know. Let's keep on chiming in when we can. Bandit, I bet you hated to tuck away your trailer for the winter. Summers at the lake must be great.
    Cherry, you're doing so well. Keep up the good work.
    Terri, do you find the weight is starting to change just a bit? How about how your clothes fit? Sometimes that's a good indicator too.
    Princess, think of you so often. I hope you're doing okay. Sending lots of love.
    Judy
    234.6/192/180's and thinner
  • Morning, turtles

Cool fall day up here today but our weekend was really good. Not as warm as last year, but still very sunny. Trailer all closed up and had our holiday dinner at golf club but didn't seem like Thanksgiving since we didn't have turkey. But did have chicken & stuffing yesterday, so that was good.
    But am feeling like a new start with lake activities done til next year, so starting today really doing to buckle down & drop some weight before Christmas get togethers start up, which will sneak up quickly.

Goal this week is to stay on track & get in some walks.

Judy - nice job on dropping that pound!

Cherry - your stats are amazing!

For me: 5'-3" and would love to get to 160 (then decide if I ned to drop more) Thats just under 25# and know I would feel amazing.

Princess - hope you are doing great

Terri - hope you enjoyed the holiday and back on track today!

All - lets do it!
  • Hey All Glad you gals seem to be doing well, only glanced through the posts.

Bandit I am with you 160 would be amazing, I am about 5.2.5 so I think that is a good goal!!!
    Judy I feel less bloated, and just better!
    Cherry you go gal!
    Princess thinking of you!
    Life drop in when you can
    I have dropped 7 lbs and am keepin on going down! I am eating less moving more, keeping it simple.

Have a great day!
    Terri
  • It looks like we all have actually very similar heights and maybe goals. I am 5'4 The tallest girl in my family ( which is kinda funny). So I am 5'4 and I am thinking i would like to have a range for maintaining of maybe 160-165 or 155-160. I can only eat so much with my stomach issues. I am thinking IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) could be one of my many problems. So i have to see where my body might naturally maintain with the amount i can eat i guess.
  • Terri! Weigh to go! I had no idea you had lost 7#. That's and : to the max. Glad you feel less bloated and so glad you're on the right track to your goal.

It's so interesting how we all want to be about the same weight. I know that every single year has 52 weeks and if I am consistent and lose 1/2#/week I'll be right about where I want to be a year from now. I promise myself this every year and yet get "stuck" around this number which doesn't work for me. My clothes are snugger than I'd like and when I look at myself in the mirror I realize I've got plenty to lose. I'm glad the weight I lost is gone, but there's more to go and this is the time to make it move.
    (In the meantime, starting today and for the followingthree days we have social engagements ending with a huge wedding on Sunday) I have to do better than I have because I really want to hang onto this 1# loss and then lose the next pound. I'm sending : to all of us.

Glad to hear from so many and Princess, you know we're all thinking of you!
    Judy
  • Morning, turtles

Well, weight stayed the same once again this week, but that is with me getting through our Thanksgiving weekend, so happy not to have gained which is usually what happens with holidays. So, taking that as a positive step forward and a personal challenge won.

Busy weekend up here, dd coming home today and later we are going to a line dancing lesson, then tomorrow a.m.is Applefest which will be nice to kick off the fall season, then tomorrow night off to horse races. So very busy tomorrow. Then on Sunday going to a physic get together at friends house, which hopefully will be interesting. In meantime, flipping through some recipes for crockpot that are point friendly.

Funny how we are basically in the same place. That should reinforce that we are not in this alone and can share more tips to get us where we all want to be.

Congrats to those who lost/maintained this week and big hug for those who are struggling. We can & will do this!
  • You know, Bandit, I have the exact same thoughts. Although we're not burning up cyberspace the way that we sometimes do, we are all just about in the same spot......good at maintaining, harder to lose pounds. Every time some one of us makes good progress I am so happy because it means I can do it too.

Congrats to Bandit on getting through a holiday weekend and staying the same. Bandit, you've got a great weekend planned. Have fun.

That pesky pound came back on me and I hope it's temporary. To give myself a fighting chance, I'm bringing my dinner from home to my daughter's tonight. They'll have pizza and that won't work for me on the scale tomorrow. Soooooooooooooooo, I'llenjoy the company and eat my own food which is fine.

Here's : to all of us. When we keep on doing this we are not alone. I've picked up plenty of good ideas here and it's a comforting and inspiring place to come. Exercise and food control! We are doing this.

Judy
    234.6/193+/180's and lighter
  • Rainy Sunday here!

We are all in this together! And yes we can do this! Will do this!!!!!!!
    Women are powerful!!!!!! Go Girls!

Terri
  • Yay Terri! Great for us all! I battled through the social engagements and I am down the wonderful pound this morning. One pound at a time. One day at a time. : and for us all doing what we need to do to get to our short term goals. Put enough short term goals together and you're where you want to be in the long term.
    Judy
  • Hey All!

Went to aquafit last night, ate toooo much yesterday! I am learning my limits there were brownie, tarts at work and i ate!!! I know I know!!! Why do we do it!

Anyway new day today, will be good, I am taking my gym bag when I leave this morning and going to YMCA on my way home.

Hope you are all on plan and well!!!

Terri