#282 Bale of Turtles Ready for a New Challenge!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Hey All!

Princess glad you checked in, hope each day things are getting easier.
    Life/cherry/Bandit hope you gals are keepin at it!!!
    Judy we need a fall challenge!!!

I saw Elton John last night I am in still in shock!!! He was on my bucket list, figured I would have to go Vegas!!! But he came to my city, he has been playing smaller than usual venues!! It was amazing and I still can't believe it!!!

So am back to aquafit, have been x 2 this week with friend, going to night again, had a 20 min walk at lunch so adding it all up!!!!!

Terri
  • Hi turtles

Judy - thanks for setting up our challenge and hope you are enjoying your new plan. Sometimes, I think we need to change things up to keep motivated.

Princess - hope you are doing well and coping with everything. Nice to see you posting when you can

Terri - Glad you liked Elton John. I seen him a few years ago at Caesars in Vegas and enjoyed it very much. He really is very talented. Cool you got to see him closeby

See you all over at the challenge.
  • Elton JOhn? What fun! Good for you, Terri. I think I should start a bucket list.

Princess, so good to hear from you. Chime in when you can. You're in our hearts and minds.

Bandit, so glad to see you on the challenge. : And to all of us who are posting weight tomorrow on the challenge thread. We can do this!

Cherry, glad to see you're meeting the challenge. Yay.

The new plan is working slowly but nicely. Things have been crazier than ever around here, but that's all okay. What I have to realize is that if I take each item I need to do, give it a time in which to do it, and move on, I'm fine. It's just when I think about all I have to do I get crazy! And I'm retired. What's up with that?

Good luck to us all!
    Judy
  • Morning, turtles

Hope you are all doing well and have some fun plans for the weekend.

My gf is coming today & staying overnight, so will be fun to catch up with her. She is one of the girls that goes to Floriday for 6 months and I stayed with her last year for a week. So this will be last time I see her for awhile,
    so looking forward to that. She likes to cook & we will make something yummy/somewhat healthy together. Also my dd will be home this weekend as well, which is always great. So lots going on.

Weather changing & now in the season of "not knowing what type of clothes to wear" For me, I wear my summer stuff as long as possible and take along a sweater.

Looking forward to our challenge & as I said, it keeps our goals on our minds and I find it helpful with being accountable.

So, good luck everyone!
  • Hi Turtles,
    Bandit, love your plans for the weekend.
    Hi to Princess and Cherry and Terri and Life4, and all the gals. Keep on chiming in. It's good encouragement for us all.

Have had a neat day today. Went to the Tanger OUtlet Mall and bought a new dining room table. The one we've had for over 40 years is lovely, but too wide for our dining room once the extensions are put in......and that's all the time now. My dh and I have grown from the two of us to a family of 12 and actually 13 when you count our dear friend who is here for all the holidays, so that little round table doesn't do the trick. Got a great price on the table and am hoping for a nice delivery. Also got a tote bag with wheels for traveling. I really don't travel by air anymore, but this will be cool to have if I do. It's so cute----purple and it fits under the seat of an airplane.
    It's an early birthday present for me from dh.

Food has been good. Weight gain has stopped and I've knocked off a few of those high scale readings but I'd love to get back to 182# again so I can feel like I can "start losing new weight." I'm sure you all know just how I feel. I recorded at our short challenge for Halloween. I'm hoping keeping it short will help us to really focus and determine to lose something in these 6 weeks.

Good luck to all of us. You're all in my thought. :
    Judy
  • Good Morning everyone and happy Sunday! I did not go to WI yesterday but treated myself to a haircut and style, then went for a Mani and Pedi... happy birthday to me

Things are still strange and different but I am still chugging along. I am not able to excerise yet really but walking is ok so I need to get started doing that... I am very stiff and sore and the more days that pass the worse it gets... between my flare up, my DH's illness and my mother's passing I just have not taken the time to move more and that is my mistake and one that I can correct. The food needs to get back on track and in a more healthy frame of mind.

I need to take the time to read back over the posts to see what is going on with everyone but I wanted to stop by today and say hello and send you positive wishes for a great week.
  • Princess, to you too! So glad you chimed in. You know we all think the world of you. Here's to getting out and walking the dogs in the dog park or just enjoying the new crisp fall weather.

By the way, I know we sometimes like to suggest books. I just read a mystery that is out of this world. It's called Gone Girl and it's by Gillian....I forget her last name. The book is great and I don't want to say any more than that because it's so good I don't want to give a hint or ruin it.

Here's to a great week to all of us. Had a good weekend. Went out to the outlet mall to buy a new dining room table I had seen online. Then my dh bought my a tiny darling Samonite tote that is a carry on and fits under an airplane seat (if I ever decide to get on a plane again). But it's also the perfect size to bring when we go to Atlantic City even though we drive. It's light and little and will hold just the right amount for a weekend. Yesterday my daughters and their husbands and of course our grandchild here on LI came to wish me an early It was nice having everyone together and it was a pleasant afternoon. Then this weekend coming up I expect to see my ds and his family, so it will be another nice time.

Okay, got to get to some things. Thinking of you all and wishing you all lots of good uck with your food/exercise plans.
    Love,
    Judy
  • Hey. How is everyone doing? I had lost 2.3#. Then I gained back 0.1# which I am okay with. So I didn't realize how much paperwork, tests, and training gets down with you get a new job. Happy to possibly have a job but I am tired of taking tests.

I am going to work on eating breakfast and exercising, not my strongest point. Everyone have a goodnight.
  • Life4evr, look at you go!!!!You're doing so nicely. : keep up the good work.

My weight isn't great, but I got back results from blood tests and they are all normal and the best they've been in the last six years.
    Judy
  • Hey Gals!

Guess everyone is busy adjusting to the fall routine!!!
    I have been going to aquafit 3 times a week, and trying to walk when I can, having been going light on the portions!!!Feeling lighter, and better about myself, after only a short time!!!

Life so glad to hear from you!
    Hope you are all doing great!!!

Terri
  • Terri, I can feel it in the air. You are going to lose weight : with the exercise and better portions. Weigh to go.

I'm encouraged that although we have lots of social engagements (oh, that sounds so fancy.....what I mean is yesterday we went apple picking with the grandson and dd and dsil) that I have learned what to eat to maintain my weight. The next step is to step up the exercise and eat a little less. I know I can do this!

Best wishes to all of us!!!!
    Judy
    234.5/193/thinner and into 180's next. I can do this!! onward and downward
  • Just a quick hello everyone... hope everyone is doing great. The scale is up for me so I need to get things back under control again...
  • Princess, it's good to hear from you. You are still in onederland which is an amazing accomplishment. Sending : to you and your family.
    Judy
    I weigh the same as you, but I've shrunk from 5'4" Lol. ugh.
  • Hey everyone just stopping. I am doing okay. EAting doing okay. The job hunt is not going so well. Hope everyone is well.
  • Life4evr, you've got a good degree. You're a good person. Something will open up for you soon.
    Judy
    :