Thursday Chatters Enjoying August

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • hi ladies I snuck a peek at the scale between weigh days. i think I lost another 2 pounds but it could just be a natural fluctuation of the scale so I think I'll pull on my patience pants and just wait till Sunday to make it official. (I weigh biweekly sun&thurs)

diet is going great. exercise is even better. Did I tell you guys that I have decided to do the training for a 5k? It's called couch-to-5k. I love it. I've completed week 1 already.

I exceeded my goal today of working out 3 hrs a day. I did 3hrs 25 mins of cardio. Tomorrow I am letting myself sleep in since I've been up early every day this week to hit the Y first thing. What a treat! And Sunday I think I'm going to try a new class called Pi-Yo. (pilates-yoga) Sounds good.

so what's new with y'all?
  • Hi guys! It's Saturday, sorry I didn't post earlier this week. I was up the .2 I was down last week. :*( Oh well, I will just keep trying to get OP and get in some exercise. I know I need to do that. Hope everyone here is doing great. We are having wonderful weather this week! Thank goodness with all the stuff going on in the house. Take care everyone! Have an AMAZING week!
  • Good day!
    It's beautiful weather here, too.

Laura, wow to all that exercising. Just remember that we gain a little from muscle after lots of exercising. Great work.

Sis, missed you! What all are you doing to the house? Does it involve several rooms?
    Are you drinking lots of water? Are you eating all your daily points. I understand not eating enough can cause us to gain. Weird!
    Keep at it because you really are doing great!!!

Maureen, what are you doing this weekend?

I've got to clean bathrooms today. Yuck
  • All I can say it's a good thing today is the end of my ww week because if I had any points left this morning they're all gone now!!! My sister had a party for her husband's 50th and I ate much more than I should of. I'll let you know what happens with weigh in tomorrow!!

have a good rest of the evening

maureen
  • Maureen, we gotta splurge at birthday parties.

• hi ladies! Tomorrow is weigh day for me sisnce I weigh thurs and sun. I have a good feeling about it though. Had a good day today.
  • Good Luck, Laura!!!
  • it's getting very discouraging- I stick to program - enter everything I eat and in 5 weeks all I've lost is 3.4 lbs! As I said in earlier post I realize at my age this is a slower process but lordy lordy lordy - how slow can it be without going in reverse?????

well, I'm hoping to walk home again if it doesn't rain -

talk to you later

maureen
  • hurray I was able to walk home - great way to start the week
  • Maureen
    Listen, I'm with you about these pounds not coming off fast. However, I can tell that my measurements are better. Have you measured lately? Maybe that will help.
  • hi y'all. just checking in
    I'm so sore and tired. Had a tough workout today. Nothing a few ibuprofen won't fix.
    Did 1 hr water aerobics, 45 mins yoga, 25 mins recumbent cross-trainer, and my c-2-5-k session of walking and jogging in intervals for 25 mins. Also, I tried some new things- did 5 mins on the rowing machine and 35 mins on the elliptical trainer.

I must say, that 35 mins on the elliptical is a NSV for me! I've tried it in the past and could only do it for a couple mins. Literally 1 or 2 mins and all my muscles would be screaming for me to get off. Today i did it and yes, it was hard but nothing I couldn't handle. I am making progress!

diet is going swell.

have a good day ladies!
  • Laura - I don't know how you do it!!! you'll be at goal in no time
  • Wow, Laura, that was a great workout.
  • Good Wednesday!!!

What are you doing just for yourself today?
    I'm going to Target and look at everything. (In order to look, I will WALK a lot.
  • Target's coming up to Canada soon - I hope we get the same bargains!!
    I walked home monday & yesterday - today I walked half way home then took the bus the rest of the way