#280 Bale of Turtles Aiming High!

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Good morning everyone, I am fighting a cold and 15 hour work days this week so this is just a quick hello and to send good wishes for a great week!
  • Hi Turtles,
    Princess, here's : to help your cold heal. I'm just over a summer cold and was reminded just how miserable they are. 15hour work days!!!!OMG. Thanks for chiming in.

Bandit and Terri and Jars and Life and Cherry, it's always good to hear what you have to say. I think this Sat.'s WI will finally be better. I've had several good days. Even though we've got a BBQ planned for Sat., I've got the menu under control and think I can work it through. I'm hunting up a cold barley salad that I remember was quite good. If I find it, I'll post it.

JUdy
  • Hi turtles - still chugging along and trying to keep cool up here. Our weather has been fabulous & even though they are calling for rain this weekend, that is OK since we need it.
    Have been in tug of war with the scales lately, the old Up/Down syndrome and it is getting buggy but I have to remember it is my own doing.
    You know, we work so hard to drop weight then in no time, sabotage ourselfs.

So heres to making better choices and lets all "think before we go where we know we really shouldn't"

So glad to hear most of the turtles are doing well & Princess hope you are feeling better soon. Summer colds are just awful.
    Judy - hope your upcoming w/i is a good one.
    Terri - hope you are keeping cool as well.

All - hang in there and lets focus on our Labor Day Challenge.
  • Thanks for that upbeat note, Bandit. Yep, each day at a time will get us where we want to go on the scale. Yay!
    Judy
  • Good Morning Everyone and Happy Monday!

Followed the plan over the weekend and got in lots of exercise - walking with Grandbaby and the dog - got in a cycle class also and did more landscaping - so feeling good about my direction even with the gain.

Running behind today so will try and get on later to see how everyone it doing but have a great day all!
  • Hey Gals!

Trying to keep at it!! Summer is very challenging!!

Bandit we didnt get any rain/stormy weather Sunday, did you? Hope not heard lots of flooding.
    Princess concrats on having an on plan weekend!!!

I am off to gym!
    Terri
  • Hi turtles:

Terri - We got abit Sunday afternoon, just enough to water the flowers/lawn which was much needed & I was surprised to see on the news where some places were flooded. Tomorrow is suppose to be hottest day of summer, so I am planning on heading to the lake after work and staying overnight, which will be cooler than in the city.

Princess - nice job on staying OP and getting in your exerise!

Judy - Hope you did well over the weekend.

I had way too many points over the weekend, so really have to get back on track and get in more walking walking which seems to really help me.

All - keep cool!
  • Good morning everyone - I am up early to hit the early cycle class then back home to work here for the day.

TOM showed up so will have to deal with that but over all the week is going ok.

Bandit: We have not had rain in weeks and are under water bans right now... we sure could use a few good soaker storms to come our way. Weekends were hard for me for a while there so I really worked hard to not over eat... LOL, it was hard though.

Judy: I hope you are doing well and staying cool!

Terri: Summers are hard with all of the vacations and activities - we will just keep doing the best we can!

Cherry: how are you doing?

Live: Hope you are enjoying your summer!

Jar: Hope your week is going well!

Have to run or I iwll be late for class!
  • Hi Gals,
    Well Princess, TOM explains the unwarranted gain. Good to know what caused it.
    I had a tough weekend food wise. Dumb eating. Am back on track and hoping to undo the damage I caused. I find that if I catch it early, I do well. Duh. I'm also looking into the original Core because that's the program I was most successful with. Right now the WW froz. foods are working pretty well (except when I go off), but I like to know where I'll jump to next.

Sending regards to all our turtles! GAil, enjoy the lake and escape the heat.
    Hot here but our A/C is great.
    Judy
  • Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Just a quick hello this morning and sending everyone best wishes for a wonderful and on plan day!
  • Happy Wednesday!

Keepin at it in the heat! Trying at least I am not giving up!!!

2x Y for 40 min cardio this week so far!

Have a great day, weather a bit cooler here!
    Terri
  • Morning turtles

Still on track & got in a walk last night (1 hr = 3 miles) around the park,
    so nice with a breeze from the lake.

Good luck everyone!
  • Hi Gals,
    You are all sounding so optimistic and OP. Weigh to go!!!
    Dh and I just back from Atlantic City. Had fun with the slot machines and it's nice to be back home again too.
    Lots of family things going on. All good.
    I love everyone's trying really hard to keep with OP!!!
    Judy
  • Hi ladies - had my Tops meeting tonight & I "turtled"
    Was hoping to be down but glad not to be up.
    Went bowling afterwards which was fun, but then we went for coffee and
    I ended up having a cherry danish thing & I just checked online and
    it was 9 points, so definately over for the day. But my new week starts tomorrow and am planning to do better this week

Judy - I love playing the slots, glad you had fun.

All - hope you all have success at the scales.
  • Hi Turtles,
    Bandit, I hear you! This is a new week for us all to do even better. You're doing great.

I had aninteresting experience. I just went through my WW materials looking for info. about the original Core program where I lost my first 25# and was on a roll. While doing so I checked my WW WI cards and came to the realization that I"ve been in the 190's for over a year (with some exceptions when I was 182 after some intensive JC weeks. ). So, I've got to get real about this.......thought I had and then had a four day week where eating wasn't great and there I went over one ninety again. So......today has been good and I'll keep on and see you all at the finish line.
    Love you gals and your support.
    Judy