3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #279 Bale of Turtles Doing the Best They Can! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/260145-279-bale-turtles-doing-best-they-can.html)

bandit2 06-06-2012 10:11 AM

Morning turtles

Nice to see everyone posting when they can. Speaking of sleepy - I overslept by an hour this a.m. so was super rush to get out the door.
Thank goodness I had my food prepped last night.
We have had some rain this week, which is OK since I think we were spoiled
last month.
Will be away for 2 nights with my Tops pals so that should be funtime and
looking forward to the motivation & inspiration that we take away from
seeing all the people who have lost sooooooooo much weight & the guest speakers which are awesome. And cheering on our queen.

Food has been not too bad - but did overindulge again last weekend.
And exercise has been the best as well. But I do spend lots of time with yardwork between home & trailer, so that must count for something.

All - good luck this week.

Itryharder 06-06-2012 09:08 PM

BAndit, have a great time with your TOPS friends and let us know all the inspiring stuff when you get back. Have fun. :balloons:
Judy

Princess1122 06-07-2012 05:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone! Thursday is here... yah, love thursdays since it is so very close to Fridays :D

Judy: I sure hope you are right, the scale is not going down at all and as a matter of fact is up again so am not sure what is going on. I have gotten in a bit of expercise this weeks, cycle class on Sunday and walks each night this week. Your friendships that have come out of the WW meetings is just so wonderful!

Bandit: Lots of yard work here too! We are getting ready to stain the deck that we put on last year and also to work the area that used to be the veggie garden, it will now be a patio area that extends off of the deck. Had a couple of estimates to have concrete layed by it is too expensive so we are going to do something else just not sure what yet.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder 06-08-2012 12:48 PM

Bandit, glad you're getting in your yard work.
Princess, ditto! And glad to hear you are getting your great new deck where you want it to be.
Just came back from weeding about 35 minutes. I figure over the next few days I can weed for about two hours and the worst looking greenery will be taken care of. Dh and I are trying to figure out how to have a pretty backyard with minimum maintenance. I do not, emphasis on the not, want to move into a senior citizens complex/condo. I love my home so I'll have to figure out how to keep it maintained. Right now dh is suffering from allergies and lawnwork is off limits for him. We've got a great guy to mow our lawn and help out and I'd love to do more. Figure that can be my summer exercise. Oh.....and after a couple of not so perfect days I had a really good day yesterday. Looking forward to losing more weight this week.
Judy
234.6/189/184 and thinner to goal 175 is my Labor Day goal. Need to do it a day at a time.

Itryharder 06-09-2012 05:15 PM

Guess what? My two daughters came today to celebrate one of their birthdays :hb: and they are now cleaning out the window wells and weeding our backyard. What a wonderful gift to us!!!!! Yay.
Thought you'd like to know.
Judy
234.6/189/184 and thinner :cool:

Princess1122 06-10-2012 07:34 AM

Good morning eveyrone and happy Sunday!

Went to W/I and meeting yesterday, was down .4 lbs - I will never hit my goal of being at at 180 by the end of September so I need to figure this out really quick! I wanted to be less then 180 by then but right now I am not evern sure I will hit that so I need to get it in gear! So I am going to set some goals for myself below - Join me if you like Turlles!

By September 22nd I want to be at 180 or less so this is what I am going to do to get there and if ANYONE sees where I have missed something or has additional suggestions plesae chime in and let me know, this means a lot to me!
  • Gym - Three times a week for 1 hour classes - does not matter which class but it will be 3 a week!
  • Walk for 2 miles - a minimun of 3 x's per week - I will walk the dogs and if it is raining then I will go to the gym or hop on the treadmill
  • Stay within my points and stop making excuses when I overeat - it is not an option anymore!
  • Drink my water - this has never been a problem for me but is important!
  • Sleep - strive to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night - this has been a problem and I need to improve, if I am tried I don't lose!
  • Eat my weekly extra points but not my exercise points.
  • Go to W/I an stay for the meetings!

Judy: I am thrilled that your family is helping you with the yard work! It is not a hard task when all chip in!

Take care everyone - I have a ton to do and very little time to get it all done.

Itryharder 06-10-2012 11:36 AM

Dear Turtles,
Princess, you hit a note with me!!!!! Yes, down .4# is down, but it's not down enough is it? Good for you for getting tough.
My dd has set some tough guidelines for herself, but she wants to lose 2# a week and this is what she does:

food at 1100 daily
:exercise: hard 3X week.
on the other days she makes sure she walks enough to hit 10000 steps. She's at work and walks her work rather than e-mailing it.

Weekends are tough, but she uses extra calories if she has earned the activity points. She also bought the $100 fitbit to give her something "new" to make this more interesting and be a change of pace. It tracks her sleep, her calories, and her exercise.

As far as you, I think I might definitely not use the activity points. Do you lose weight when you use the 49 points plus for the week? If you do, yay!
I might consider cutting those points plus down to 25 for the week and see if that speeds up the weight loss process. Just my ideas. I hear how badly you want to lose weight.

Me too. This week, staying at 1200 calories I have a net loss of 3#. Now my new goal is 2# down this week again and I'll get there. I'll set up a weight tracker for us online here. Do you want to make Saturday the WI day?

Here's my plan:
1. exercise of some type 4Xweekly (when dh is up to it, boardwalk, otherwise :tread: at home or gardening or swimming.....but something)
2. food 1200 calories daily
That's it!!!! That works for me right now. Our WW leader pointed out we have 12 weeks until Labor Day. I'd like to be at 175# by then. I'll need to lose almost 2#/weekly to achieve that, but I know I can do it as long as I don't lose focus. These pre-packaged WW froz. dinners help. With a salad or cooked veggies, they are fine! Good luck to us all.

Love you all. Any other ideas?
Judy

Princess1122 06-10-2012 12:20 PM

Judy: Your goals sound wonderful and yes Saturday works for me for a W/I day! Thank you for setting that up! I think the 45 weeklys might be too many also but with the increase in exercise I will use them if I need them but will also be increasing my veggies and my protien to help curb that hunger that hits from so much extra excercise - thank you so much for the review and feedback Judy! I really appreciate it!

Itryharder 06-10-2012 01:41 PM

I love this!!!!! We are going to knock off weight . I can feel it!!!!
And of course I forgot how much you really do exercise which is such a lot.
Good luck to all of us.
Judy

bandit2 06-10-2012 03:25 PM

Hi everyone - back from my convention and it was great. So many inspiring stories to hear and see all that has been accomplished.
And to come back & see a challenge! Awesome idea, ladies and count me in
My goal is to lose 1# a week by Labour Day and get in exercise 3x weekly.
If I can do that I will be very pleased.
Congrats to all who lost weight this week and joined the challenge -
Lets Do It!

Itryharder 06-10-2012 04:23 PM

Yay Bandit! Glad the conference was so great. When you get a minute can you tell us about the best ones?
Judy
And yes, we're doing this!!!!!!!

Princess1122 06-11-2012 05:09 AM

Good Morning Everyone! Yesterday I got to a cycle class, lasted for 60 minutes and rode 16.5 miles - I also grilled up a bunch of Tilapia for dinner last night and then to have for lunch for a day or two have a big bowl of salad in the fridge to go with it.

Bandit: Sounds like you had a great time and super big congrats to your TOPS Chapter! The Challenge will be fun! Have great week!

Judy: Hope you had a great weekend and were able to get to the boardwalk or someplace with your husband for a walk! Glad you are looking forward to the challenge - I think it is just what we all need.

Hope the rest of the Turtles are up for a bit of fun and join us for this summer Challenge!

bandit2 06-11-2012 09:15 AM

Morning, turtles

Have all my OP food with me for the days plus my water. Got in a 2 mile walk
at 6 this morning, so good way to start the day. If weather holds, I am planning to walk 2 miles at lunch as well.

Have a great OP day!

CherryAutumn 06-11-2012 09:38 AM

Sorry I have been MIA. My weight is down to 185.6. I went to a gastrointestinal doctor on Friday. He says it sounds like i have Bialary Dyskezia (sp?) That basically means irritated Gallbladder. I had set up appointment for gallbladder removal but now i am not so sure. I have read of people that have had theres removed and now are gaining weight despite everything they do and cant stop. I have come so far and that freaks me out. I think i am going to put of the surgery. I am not sure what else to do. Right now symptoms are there but livable.
Anyway looks like everyone is doing great. I guess I want to be In the 170's by September. So that will be my goal to work towards. Everyone stay cool in this summer heat. We have been working on our little garden and thinking of expanding it next year. We will see. Hello to Judy, Princess, Bandit, lif4evr and all the other ladies i hope are out there lurking.

Itryharder 06-11-2012 10:48 AM

Hi Turtles,
I am so proud. :bravo: I had a challenging weekend of food, and came out of it down .4# That is huge for me!
I see we are doing this.

Cherry, I'm going to make believe I'm your mother. Get another doctor's opinion! You have worked successfully to lose soooooooooooooooooo much weight through all kinds of odds. You want to do the wise thing, but perhaps another doctor will be willing to work with you and offer another solution.

Princess, holy moly!!!!! when you :exercise:, you :exercise: that is fabulous and having all that fish is definitely the weigh to go!

Bandit, another great :exercise: gal! :bravo: this is great.

I feel we will all do it this time around.
Terri, how are you?
Life4, interested in joining the newest challenge? 12# off by Labor Day seems like a great goal!!!!
Love,
Judy