#277 Bale of Turtles Kicking It!!!

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Hey all! Just popping in to say hi !!!

I'm the yearbook adviser at my school and Spring Sports really kicked into gear this week so I haven't been getting home until late. Lots of photos taken though!!!

I will try to check in and get some personals in tomorrow!

Have a great weekend!!!
  • Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Yesterday was a non-stop day from start to finish and I was exhausted by the end. WW, grocery store, dog to the vet, shoping with the inlaws, etc, etc, etc. but I did make time for me late that afternoon, I just called it a day and rested on the couch and made pan-grilled burgers for supper with light buns and light chips

Went to WW W/I and was the same as that last time I was there which I was ok with for now, at least it was not a gain but I would like to see a nice loss the next time I get there which will be two weeks from now since the hubs and I are going on a mini vaca to see my brother in Virginia - we leave mid-week and will be back by the end of the weekend. Lots to do to get ready for that so will be busy today.

Life: Hope things get better for you and less stressful!

Kim: You sound busy too! The yearbook sounds like fun though so good luck with it and I hope that all goes well.

Bandit: How are you doing? So are you still doing the gym early in the day?

Terri: Hope your weekend is going well - do you go to the gym on the weekends or just during the week?

Judy: Your supper sounds yummy! I am trying to figure out what to do for supper today lol, I am thinking maybe we will grill something if the weather holds out.

Oh yeah, I loaded "The Hunger Games" onto my nook yesterday so I would have something to read while away so along with my knitting I should have things to do on our travels when it is not my turn to drive that is.

Have a great day all!
  • Hi Gals,
    Life4, sending : that things straighten out in a good way. You're a hard worker and I think you could use a break.

Kim, here's a to give you the energy to take care of all the things you're doing.

Princess, have a nice vacation with your dh. I haven't read The Hunger Games, but that is probably a good idea for me to get. I did just read Defending Jacob and it was fabulous. I read the whole book in one day. I really couldn't stop reading it.

Yesterday we celebrated one of our dsil's There are seven of us here in our immediate family on LI. Our ds and his family live upstate and they are five. So, lots of birthdays to celebrate. This dsil likes Cheesecake Factory, so we set the table here at our house with some party decorations, my dd buys the food according to the selections we've sent her, and they arrive and we have a party. We got the cake this year. it was so pleasant. My dd
    and other dd have gotten the message and are being enormously helpful. When I went to clear the table, they told me to sit down and they did everything including loading the dishwasher. Huge help! Had paper plates for dessert and paper plates for coffee, so this morning I gathered everything from dessert into the plastic tablecloth and threw it out. Can't get easier than that!!!! Really nice time. Cheesecake Factory has a new menu with Skinnylicious items under 590 calories. Mine was a chicken salad sandwich with a huge green side salad. Yummy and not too much damage considering what it could have been!!!

Okay, sending : and to all of us. Today will be a nice relaxing day for me. Got a lot of housework done yesterday and still am working on the yard 45minutes at a time. Have a great day!
    Judy
    234.6/188/179 and thinner
  • Itryharder~ Awesome job at the Cheesecake Factory! I'm not ready to tackle a restaurant like that yet...

Princess1122~ Love, love, LOVE The Hunger Games!!! Enjoy your vacation!!! What are you knitting right now? I need to make time for my knitting, it is SO relaxing!

life4evr~

terrod99~ How are you doing?

bandit2~ Out of the contestants left, I hope Kim wins! I might freak out if Conda or Jeremy win... I'm psyched for this weeks episode and the old contestants coming back!

Cherry~ How are you doing?

My parents and I went to see Jack Hanna yesterday. I was cool and collected on the outside but so PUMPED and EXCITED on the inside!!! It was a great show!
    Afterwards my mom threw me and insisted on taking both my dad and I out to eat. She kept saying she didn't want to sabotage me, but really wanted Chinese. Throughout the meal she kept saying, "I hope I'm not sabotaging you..." Finally, I pulled out my iPhone and showed her my LoseIt ap, and the fact that my whole meal was less than 500 calories, while both my parents ate at least 1000 calories worth of food. Dad was closer to 1500!!! I think I did pretty good for a last minute meal!!! I was definitely tempted by the fried noodles and duck sauce ap, but I just sipped my diet pepsi and kept talking instead...
    Getting ready to go for a walk on the track. Kind of a weird misty rain going on, but I need to get back on track with exercise and I won't melt if I get a little wet. A hot shower will definitely be in order afterwards though!
    Enjoy your Sunday! School vacation for me this week!!!
  • Good morning everyone and happy Monday! Just a quick fly by to say hello and wish everyone a great day!
  • KimL, what a great coup at the C hinese restaurant. Yay! I'm glad you had so much fun seeing Jack Hanna. By the way, what did you order that came to about 500 calories? I'm always interested in new approaches.

Princess, glad you stopped by to say hello.

I had a good day yesterday and although I'm running hungry today I plan on having another good day.

: to us all. Have a great day!
    Judy
    234.6/188/179 and thinner
  • Good morning everyond and happy Tuesday to you all! Another quick flyby here to hello and send everyone wishes for a great week! I will be away for a while but will check back in early next week once I get home and back into a routine.

Take care and stay healthy everyone!
  • Hey All

Glad everyone is doing well!!
    Princess happy you are having a mini vacation!!! Enjoy! DS is reading Hunger games right now maybe I'll give it a read when hes done!!
    Life nice to hear from you,
    Kim I did chinese pretty well on the weekend too!!! and enjoy your week off.
    Judy I feel that I have to be hungry to lose, since my episode with my bowel in the fall I cant seem to eat as many veggies, (especially raw)i get major stomach cramps, pains.
    Bandit hows the am exercise going I've been 2 mornings this week, have to take car in for tires today so need to leave early for work so not enough time for Y, will try to walk at lunch.

So I think i am down about 4 lbs, still trying to watch the carbs, and eat less move more!!!

Hope you all are having a sucessful and great week

Terri
  • Terri, great weight loss!!!! : Weigh to go!

Hi everyone, I've got a new attitude now. Hope it works since I'm up 2# this week. Ugh.

Okay, sending : to all of us!
    Judy
  • Hi turtles

Been doing pretty good lately and getting in lots of walking & yes, I have
    been going in the a.m. and a couple of evenings as well.

Terri - nice weight loss, fabulous!

Judy - new attitude is always a good thing - time to change things up!

Princess - I see you are still on the go like crazy, hope you are coping
    with everything

All - hope you are doing your best

Tonight I have a fundraiser at Boston Pizza and looked online at points and
    almost everything is very high. So not sure what I will end up with and Sat
    night will be out for dinner again - very challenging. So I will have to
    behave all the other time.

Good luck this week at the scales, everyone.
  • TGIF Turtles!!!!

Yes another Friday!!!
    Pretty good week, yesterdy wanted to eat everything in sight!!! Why do we have those days???????????
    Weather is looking sunnier! We have been dreary here all week!!!

Have a great weekend

Terri
  • Morning turtles

Dinner last night was good, ended up having all meat chicken nacho dish which was really tasty, couldn't find the point value so counted as 20 to be
    safe. I "turtled" at my weigh in last night which was alittle disappointing
    since I have done lots of walking - but I did have 3 restaurant meals in
    the last week, so I probably should be happy not to be up.

Terri - Sat am going to restaurant in Lindsay called Cat & Fiddle, I googled it
    and looks like British pub food and probably everything is high in calories.
    Then onto Omemee for Neil Young tribute concert - have you been to these
    places?

All - hope your weigh ins were great this week.
  • Terri, glad you're having a good week!
    I have those days when I wake up starving and no matter what I do, food is on my mind all day. Getting on the computer helps because it makes the time go by. I've also been trying to "time" my food----allowing no more than 3 hours to go by without eating something----even carrot sticks and celery. Glad you're doing well!

Bandit, I am sorry you turtled this week with all your , but you're right it's hard to tell exactly what is in restaurant food. You must have made good choices to not be up. You're where I want to be on the scale and I'm working it again! Enjoy your weekend and your next dinner out.

Princess, hope you're enjoying your mini-vacation.

Cherry and Kim and Life4 and Jars and Taylors and all the gals, so good to see you here when you can.

I keep on pushing the scale up------am back at JC for some help, but gained 2# this week. Wed., Thursday and Friday have been great so far, so I'm going to be optimistic and keep going! Tracking food, limiting calories to the 1200-1300 range, and eating low cal food that helps fill me up. When I'm hungry, I'm trying drinking tea to help settle that feeling. Yay!

: and to all of us who keep coming back to tackle this weight loss problem. We're doing it. I know I take very interesting side paths here and there on this journey, but if I were perfect, I'd probably be boring! Lol. How's that for a good attitude?

Judy
    234.6/189.8/179 and thinner into goal
  • bandit2~ Three restaurant meals and no gain is pretty good! How did the fundraiser go?

terrod99~ TGIF to you too!!! Congrats on the 4lbs!!!

Princess1122
    ~

Itryharder~ I ordered a cup of Wonton soup and an order of beef with broccoli. I boxed up half of the beef and broccoli and indulged in about 1/2 cup of white rice with my beef and broccoli. Super yummy!

TOM has been kicking my butt for the last week, but the bonus is that I haven't seen any significant gain. I've been going up and down about one pound for the past few days, but there is a good side... Knock on wood... I haven't had my usual "bleeding" issue. For the first time in almost a year, I've had a normal TOM! It's been going a little long, but I'm okay with that considering the alternative!
    Sorry for the TMI...
    April vacation is almost over and I'm actually looking forward to going back to school as the lack of schedule has made sticking with my plan REALLY hard. I have loved my naps though...
  • Slept in!!! Couldn't get my butt out of bed!!!Probably tax depression!! Thats all we did all weekend, Did walk to Farmers Market Sat am,and out to buy a new calculator, but other wise taxes taxes!!!! Yuck.

Promise to walk at lunch!!!

Bandit, have been to Lindsay/Omemee lots, never been to Cat and Fiddle, how was it? Sounds like a high point pub type place!!! I Like to go to Giant Tiger in Lindsay.
    How was the Neil Young tribute? Where was it held at?

Kim,Judy,Princess lets keep our chins up and hope the scale goes down!!! I think I have gained and lost the same 5 lbs a million times!!! enough is enough!!!

Terri