Thursday Thread

• I may just be cursing the day but I guess I'll start the thread. This has never happened to me before. I'll start and post in a bit.
    KT
  • OK, here's a quick post in case anyone's out there. Had fantastic sushi last night - so grateful that fits in with the points, and we made a point of walking to the sushi place to work up our appetites. Tonight is my tough night. I get together with a bunch of guys and we eat junk food all night. I try and be good and try a litttle bit of everything and then stick to the raw vegs but the variety can be too tempting - any tips? I guess I'll take my huge bottle of water and hope I can hold out. Hope everyone is having a good day. Come out and play!!!
    KT
  • I'm hoping that today contiues to be good (but then again, it's only 9:30! LOL). I had a plain eggo waffle for breakfast and then headed out to the gym. I did circuit training for 15-minutes and then the Precore machine for 15-minutes. I'm aldeady dying though and need something to eat so I'm going to have some fruit snacks and a huge honking water.
  • Wendy - don't forget your protien! Protien can fill you up for a longer time. A little tuna for a snack or even a piece of bacon or an egg with your breakfast will keep you going longer.
    KT
  • Wendy - WTG on the work-outs. Water during or after a work out is soo good for you.

KT - no advice on how to handle tonight but I sympathize.

Was at a work reception last night and was starving by 7:30 with no hope of going home for about 2 hrs so I helped myself to the snacks they had out. Of course there wasn't a vegetable or fruit in sight. I had one chicken wing, 1 potatoe skin, a couple cubes of cheese and 3 crackers with spinach dip. I estimated everything afterwards and came up with 16 points and I totally didn't feel satisfied - I'd have rather had a large baked potatoe with a bunch of veggies and a little lf melted cheese - for fewer points! Today at lunch I had a work lunch in a restaurant and had a steak salad - all veggies and steak - no cheese or dressing - doesn't seem unhealthy but I looked up stuff when I got back and came up with 10 points. Ugh!! I love to eat out but I hate it when don't know the menu beforehand - I like being able to look up the menu and find points on Dotti's before I go - I usually enjoy the meal so much more.

Alright, enough whining.

Come out and play.

Laura
  • Hey everyone!

KT - Bring along some baked tostitos and salsa, that usually works for me!

Laura - yeah I know what you mean about "knowing the menu". That's why I never try new restaurants. It gets boring after a while, though, and you just have to take the plunge!

Wendy - so far, today sounds good for you. keep it up

Well I have been OP all day, and hope to continue that into tonight. If so, it will be my first OP day in about a week *sigh* but I'm fighting to get there. Today is the first day I don't feel hungry and I'm not craving anything.

Is anyone else here taking Depo Provera? I don't get TOM but I still get cramps and cravings every now and then (hence the past week not being OP). Was wondering if anyone else got this too.

Anywho, hope everyone has a great day. We should get 8 inches of snow here, and I just want to go home and curl up with a good movie and some FF Hot Cocoa
  • Lori - thanks for the tip, I haven't found baked tostidos in my area yet. Any Canadians know where to find them. I think I'll take some licorice for the sweet craving and maybe some light microwave popcorn for some salt.
    Laura - I see you went through last night what I will go through tonight. At least we will have veggies there. I guess I should take a walk on my lunch.
    KT