#273 Bale of Turtles Actually Doing This!!!!!

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Princess, know we're all pulling for you. This job must be something else, but I know you'll get it taken care of. Wishing you all the best and keep on keepin' on.
    Judy
    234.6/182/179 and thinner on to goal in 2012! (If I keep writing it maybe I can make it happen )
  • Princess glad to hear from you hope you're keepin at it!!! We are thinking of you!

All hope you are having a great week!!! 2x to YMCA for me, have upped the water intake and still having challenges with food but staying postive!!!

Lets keep at it gals! We are half way through the week!!

Terri
  • We can do this! Terri, appreciated that uplifting note.

I'm just back from WW WI and I think this is the lowest I have been in this journey. I weighed 182.4# (in my WI clothes, Lol) and am very ready to head into the next decade of weight. What is helping me right now? When I make foods, I freeze the leftovers in portions to get later in the week or so.
    In the past when I was grazing, I'd see those foods and eat them. Didn't work even though they were healthy foods----too much to eat. Also, I had to cut back on the amt. of all foods including veggies. i know not everyone needs to be as strict, but this is what is helping me right now.

What are you guys doing? I know you all exercise a lot more than I do. Yay!

Good luck to us all! We are doing this.

Onward and downward . I'd love to make my goal this year.
    Judy
    234.6/182.4/179 and thinner
  • Itry -- whoot, whoot! WTG! Feels good, doesn't it?

Mostly I'm just trying to keep my head down and my mind focused. I do exercise nearly everyday, and yes that helps . . . but I exercise because I like how it makes me feel rather than as an extra calorie burn. It was, is and always will be about the food for me . . . just paying attention is half the battle. I always have that nagging in my head that I will start mindlessly eating again and not be able to stop. And yes, sometimes I miss mindlessly eating . . . .
  • One test down this semester. Eleven more to go. My eating has been so so. My eating during clinicals were great. Today was another story. Having some health issues so my eating is the first thing that goes out the window. Hope everyone is well.

The goal for next week is me actually tracking and exercising.
  • TGIF

Freezing rain here, school buses cancelled, didnt go to Y, it is changing over to rain. Salter just went by, off to work.

Life routine really helps, I understand why your eating is better during
    clinicals, just take it one day at a time! You are going to make it!!!

Judy portion control is a big issue for me too! I am just not ready to get the measuring cups out but I know I need to do that!!!

Terri
  • Morning turtles

Judy - congrats on your weight loss, doing great! Go idea to be freezing
    some leftovers & I agree even though we have healthy foods on hand,
    eating too much of a good thing doesn't help with weight loss. Problem for me throwing out food, so eat through the stuff & lots of times just too much.

Life - good luck with your tests and try to stay on some kind of schedule with your meals & even though pre-cooking/planning sounds like lots of work,
    it really save times & $$$.

Terri - I woke up to regular rain & now it is snowing, overcast & dreary.
    I am use to weighing/measuring things so that doesn't bother me. I leave
    measuring things in basket & my scale on counter, so easy to get at them. If I had to haul eveything out, then that would be a different story.
    Another thing that helps is portioning things out after they are cooked &
    keep in see through containers. Then I know beforehand how many points/calories everything is. Makes it easier to try & track it all.

Anyway, I stayed same at my weigh in which was for past 2 weeks, since
    w/i cancelled last week. My exercise hasn't been great & my walking membership has expired. Some nights by time I get home it is too cold to want to go back out. At my meeting they were talking about walking tapes
    & I have those so think I will bring those out, dust them off & get to it.
    Then no excuses.
    Amazing the tools we have & don't use.

Have a birthday dinner out tonight at golf club so that will be nice. Planning on ordering a fish entree & tomorrow going to movies, and I enjoy my popcorn so have to plan ahead for that.

All - have a great weekend!
  • Good morning everyone... just a quick fly by to say hello!

I did make it to my meeting and weigh in on Thursday... ugh, I was up three pounds...

That snapped me out of it though... really working on th eating since that I can control, the exercise is a bit harder for me to do so I will work on the one thing and hopefully not overwhelm myself and will just get to the gym or out for a walk when I can.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Princess
  • Down another lb. this morning. One lb. left to meet my January goal; 2 lbs. left to meet my The Walking Dead goal.

No exercise today but hopefully will get the doggies out for a walk later on. At least that's something. Trying so hard to stay OP as far as the food goes. It ain't easy, that's for sure. We have to just do the best we can and aim for any type of deficit on a daily basis and know that sooner or later it will all make the scale go down.
  • BAndit, I love your tips. You make a lot of sense.

Princess, so glad to see you here. Glad your WI helped you to shake things up. I know you've often packed your lunch for work and had good foods in the house and I hear that you're determined to change things up. Weigh to go!

Loose Seal, you're right on track. You're doing great! I love your philosophy. It sure isn't easy. If it were, no one would be chubby!! Good luck on meeting your goals. You're doing great. :

I had a really nice success on the scale this morning. The day is tough to get through because I simply want to eat all the time. But this time around I am telling myself it's not hunger. I watch the clock and allow myself something every two hours if necessary. The "something" may be a cup of diet cocoa for 25 calories and 1 point plus or carrots and celery. I don't care if the food isn't exciting. Right now seeing the scale finally move downward again is exciting in itself!!!!!

I'm sending : and to all of us. I love you guys!
    Turtles: Onward and Downward!!!!!!
    Judy
    234.6/180/179 and into the new decade thinner goal in 2012~
  • Hi Turtles,
    Hope everyone's weekend was fun and good. I'll see you all over at #274 Bale of Turtles Moving Ahead!
    Love,
    Judy
  • Hi there, just getting started...I'm excited to be doing this! First weigh-in was today and I'll be weighing in on Tuesdays.
  • Hi Redfish, welcome to the group, you can find more recent posts for our group over on the thread titled ! 275 Bale of Turtles Meeting the Challenge!

Hope to see you over on the other thread!