Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 10:44 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of Feb. 17

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hi JOYce! Glad to hear that your good cholesterol is the high figure; must be that oatmeal that is helping! Sorry about the triglycerides, though. I just know that you will overcome that, though, and reach your goal! We only fail when we stop trying, and I know you will never do that! Never give up!

Re: my DS's beads, I will see if she has some pics to post, and if not, I may take pics of those she has given me. They're so lovely!

Dad, Dh and I went to the coast this weekend, did lots of walking and exercised in the hotel's gym. But then yesterday I had some boiled shrimp and crab for lunch, and got some awful food poisoning! I have been up most of the night, and still don't feel 100%. Had to come to work anyway, though, as my students are on a contest deadline this week. The good side is that I don't feel like eating a thing, so at least I'll have a low points day!

Gotta run ... lots to do today. Hope everyone is having a great Monday! Is it snowing for anyone?

Regards,
jan
Old 02-17-2003, 11:03 AM   #2  
Inchworm

JAN, I am so sorry about the food poisoning! YUK!

We took dgd to red Lobster for an early 18th bday dinner, last night. I felt good about ordering the broiled seafood platter.
Back to the Kashi this morning!
Thanks for the encouragement, NO, I will not quit trying! I HAVE to succeed!!

There are some good sounding new, low-fat recipes on todays board, I saved the 'Sam's shrimp' and 'Spicy chicken with mango sauce' Will try them out soon.

Have a good day!
Old 02-18-2003, 05:53 AM   #3  

Good Morning Ladies!!
Jan - Hope you are feeling better today.
Joyce - congrads on lowering your cholesterol!!

Well weighed in last night, another .6 gone for a total of 8.4!! Yea!! I thought this was pretty good since TOM is here!

Well gotta run, just wanted to check in! I'll try to check back this evening! Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:38 AM   #4  

Hi Nascar Girl! WTG on the .6 lost! And with TOM as well, that's great.

JOYce, those recipes do sound good ... will have to print 'em out and give them a try.

And thanks, yes, I'm feelling a lot better today, finally! I really hate being sick, especially when I have so much to do. This is a busy week at school, because my students have a contest deadline to meet; they are building web sites and making movies. Not all will finish in time, but most will; keep your fingers crossed for us, that their entries do well!

Am doing okay program-wise, but the scale doesn't show it; one day up, next day down. I think I will add more exercise and see if that helps!

Gotta run! Hope everyone's having a great Wednesday!

Regards,
Jan
Old 02-19-2003, 05:04 PM   #5  
Inchworm

Default Sure is quiet here!

Where is everybody??
Jan , I am so glad that you are feeling good again! Sure can't be sick with a job like yours! Those kids keep you busy, along with all your extra duties! tell dh HI!, looking forward to seeing him this summer. My dh just told me he booked a fishing trip the last week in Aug., which will most likely interfere with him going to USAF graduation ceremony. although we won't have that date for graduation til almost time to go.

Thanks,Nascar girl, I still have a long ways to go with the triglycerides. but every little hurdle is a good thing.

I'm having lunch with Linda tomorrow, we are going to Chili's for grilled chicken salads, she is 'taking me for my bday' which I have been too busy to do with her....but I am picking her up to show off my new car. Don't know why she hasn't been on here lately, probably too busy with house remodeling.

Where are the rest of you???

ttyl
Old 02-21-2003, 07:44 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is doing well today! TGIF!!!
I'm still home right now waiting to take Buffy, my cocker spaniel to the groomers. She's my furchild!
For some reason, I've had a rough week, could be because TOM but keep going over my points at least 2 days so far. Other than that all else is well. Seem to be able to tell in my clothes that I've lost a little, so far 8.2 total gone. Being so short, (5'3") it takes a while to show up on me. Maybe when I hit my 10% I'll be able to tell. Did hit a sale Monday at Belk's and bought some 12's so that was great! Well, better get going need to eat a bite of breakfast before I go! Everyone have a great Friday!!
Old 02-21-2003, 05:09 PM   #7  
Inchworm

Congrats NASCAR on your loss, so far! 8.2 is nothing to sneeze at! keep up the good work.
My Sheltie 'furchild' got her grooming this week too. I just wish that she didn't enjoy laying in the damp, cool garden dirt! She gets so dirty!

I got to do some walking at the mall today, was on a 'mission' to replace dd's sunglasses that she broke. There were not many people there, so was able to walk at a good pace. Being on a 'mission' means a faster pace than if I am window shopping!
I'll WI tomorrow morning.

Must get to a soccer game! dgd's Varsity team is in the Championship for the first time in history! Very exciting!

ttyl
Old 02-22-2003, 07:35 AM   #8  

Wow the board is quiet!
Thanks Joyce for the encouragement! How was the soccer game?

Well it has stormed all night here so I'm up early. It looks like rain all weekend. Maybe I can get my self going on the treadmill today. I do have to go out and get a wedding gift today as well.

Buffy looks so cute with her new do! LOL!!

Well better run for now! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-22-2003, 10:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

I keep loosing my place on these boards, so how is everyone doing? I have stayed OP all week. Went swimming one day at lunch & last night walked for an hour with bf. Aiming at getting another hour today.

Hope to have a good w/i this week.

Have a bit of a cold so I am a bit sluggish - always an excuse not to exercise. I think that is a big part of my problem - I really have to make myself do it.

Anyway hope everyone is keeping on track & have a great weekend. Talk to you soon.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:23 AM   #10  

Hi JOYce! WTG on the mall walk! I'm sure you'll have good news at your WI this morning! Dh and I are missing ours right now, as we're at school attending a required workshop on new state laws. Booorring, as none of it applies to my classes. So I'm pretending to politely take notes as I write this instead! I'm sorry to hear your DH may not make it down to Texas in August .... but we sure hope you and any folks with you will come stay with us for a spell!!

Nascar Girl, WTG on the size 12's and the 8.2 lost! I'll bet Buffy looks really cute ... I love cocker spaniels. Sorry it's rainy out your way; good thing you have that treadmill. I sure don't enjoy using our "dreadmill," but it feels good to get that walking in, whatever way I can.

Dh and I are hoping this workshop will be over early enough for us to drive to a town south of here this afternoon, where there is a lovely walking trail. We may even take in a movie if we have time.

Sorry to be so AWOL this week! My students all had contest deadlines this week (they were making movies and web pages) so I've been putting in late hours with them; it was worth it, though, whether they win or not. Their projects are terrific, and I'm really proud of them.

Hope we hear from some more of our members soon! See ya later!
Old 02-22-2003, 10:27 AM   #11  

Hi Bandit! We must have been posting at the same time! WTG on staying OP and getting all that exercise in; you are doing so great! Sure hope that cold gets better soon. I know what you mean about having to make yourself do the exercise, but the benefits are SO great, aren't they?! Good luck on your WI this week! I know you'll get good results. ..
Old 02-22-2003, 07:24 PM   #12  
Inchworm

WHEW!! a 4 pound loss for my first week back! I CAN do this thing, and I WILL!!

JAN, I remember those 'mandatory teacher meetings' that had nothing to do with my class. Booooooring with a capitol B. good that you have your laptop to 'take notes' with.

I went to an Art festival today, and got some new ideas to do with my glass beads! even saw a different technique that looked great, but takes lots more 'set up' than I will probably ever have. I'm having lots of fun with what I have.

Found out today that my dgd's dh will leave for Turkey most any day now. She is still in Kuwait, for another 3 months. They have great attitudes! By getting their overseas time in at the same time, they can get home and spend some time together sooner. They got married in August and she was deployed in November.
They both love the USAF and are proud of what they do!

Got a call from the doctor and have to go back for a re-do of my mammogram I'm sure that is just routine, it will be fine!
They have had such a back up for appts...hard telling how long it will take to re-schedule...que sera`.

Have a good weekend!
Old 02-25-2003, 09:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Still have this darn cold & almost didn't go to meeting last night. But I pulled myself together & was sooooo glad I went because I was down 4 lbs. - I was so happy. Nice to have such a great reward for staying OP ALL WEEK.

Congrats to everyone else on their accomplishments this week.

Bye for now.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:58 AM   #14  

Bandit, wow, four pounds!! That's terrific; you must feel so great about that. Sure hope your cold goes away soon!

I'm going to post this in this week's thread too, so nobody misses your good news!
Closed Thread