#270 Bale of Turtles Doing the Right Thing!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Rain Rain Go Away!!!

It is still raining at least it isnt snow we would have had a pile by now!!!
    Its keeping me from walking!

Chocolates and cookies, treats are starting to come in at work!!! HELP!!!!
    Please give me strength to abstain!!!

Bandit/Life hope you gals feel better soon.
    Princess Hope you have a great first day at work!!
    Judy Here's hoping to getting both the exercise and the eating right at the same time!!
    Jar/Taylor/Cherry Hope you girls are well and OP.

Terri
  • Wahoo it's Wednesday and Terri our rain turned to snow over night.. just a light covering but it just makes that Christmas feeling come all over you... as I sit typing this I am dethawing lol.. got up and did my workout ( did I mention my treadmil is out in our barn - no heat barn LOL ).. well today when I walked outside the snow just put the burn in me.. so got the run part of it done and then I was so pumped up I went for the 1000 calorie burn.. I don't know where this burst of energy has come from but I will go with it while it lasts.. today is a day of errand running and then I am taking my Mom shopping.. I see a starbucks skinny peppermint mocha in my day as a reward.. wahoooo..

life4evr just hang in there.... I try to read a little bit of the ww blogs and so many times you will see where people find they cant get in the groove and then it comes back.. always remember you're worth it and even if it's just a matter of managing that's all good..

Terri - I wish I could be like those I see who exercise outside.. at least in the barn the walls block the elements but its becoming challenging.. I might look for clothing that has thermal something in it .. we hooked an old tv up for me so I can at least have something to keep my mind amused.. I know about the treats at work.. so far everyone's been pretty good about keeping them in the back room out of my sight but those chocolate balls are the hardest to say no too.. they seem so small how can they have such a high calorie ration in them.

Princess - I hope all goes well on your first day at your job today..

Banditt sorry to hear you weren't feeling well.. so many things going around I hope you're on the mend..

hey to everyone else and I hope you are all doing okay.. tomorrow is the first day of December... have a good one!!!
  • Hi turtles:

Rain turned to snow & has covered the cars at work. Doesn't look like it
    is sticking to roads, which is fine by me.

Taylor - maybe what you need for workouts is some ski clothing. I have some turtlenecks that are lightweight but super warm & thermal long-johns
    that do the trick. Ski clothing is made of good material that really keeps you warm but you don't get all sweaty or overheated. Lots of time if we are doing outdoors things, I wear mine and usually only one not complaining about being cold.

Still fighting this cold & am probably going to miss Zumba tonight. If I start jumping around I will end up having coughin fit and that is not fun for anyone.

My Tops is having a potluck for our Christmas get together. Anyone have any ideas about what I can make night before, bring to work for the day & then take to potluck at night. I have fridge at work & also I was thinking of maybe doing a crockpot that could cook all day & it would still be warm by time I got there. If I don't come up with something, I might just buy stuff at noon. Ideas appreciated.

Hope you are all doing well this week.
  • Hi Guys,
    I'll check back in later, but for now I'm thrilled I knocked off most of the Thanksgiving weight and was only up 1# at WI.
    Judy
  • Thanks everyone. My goal is to stay OP today or at the very minimum track and pay everything I eat today. I work third tonight, so that is a major snacking time. But I am going to try to snack on clemintines, not sure how you spell that. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Quote: We are the Turtle Group here at 3FC. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
    Judy
    Itryharder
    (for Lin and Lauren)
    OMG, that's brilliant! So many times I've given up because the scale was moving too slowly, or not at all, and that has gotten me exactly nowhere. I never thought to think like a turtle. Thanks for that!
  • Hi all and happy Wednesday to you all, my start date got bumped back to Friday due to a glitch in the paper work so we will see how it all plays out from here. I have lots of last minute things to get done so am going to run but wanted to make a quick stop by.

Have a great day all!
  • to Loose Seal. Yes, the idea of the Turtle group was started by a sterling lady, Lin, many years ago. I post here because the support is terrific. We have a lot of good losers here. We also have plenty of us who have lost weight several times, regained it, and are on another attempt to get it off and keep it off. I think I can speak for everyone when I say no one loses quickly, but over time we are all losing. Glad the opening statement struck a chord with you! Good luck. :

Princess, I think it's a good thing that you're starting a tiny bit later back at work. You know how to get a lot done in a short amount of time.
    Sorry to hear about TOM coming back with a vengeance. Hopefully this will straighten out soon.

Bandit, hope you're feeling well by now. As far as your pot luck, would you think that might be a good time for Impossible Veggie Pie? Or would you want to make a zero calorie soup in the slow cooker? Oh, I guess you'd have to bring bowls then so that might not work. I think a trifle always looks pretty------angelfood cake, lite cherry pie filling, Cool Whip----easy--just a thought.

Taylor, I give you all the credit in the world to do the "couchie" thing. I forget what you call it. In the cold barn? You're a trooper.

Life4evr, I am so pleased that you're watching what you're eating and tracking today. You know how to make this work. We're all pulling for you!
    Working the third is tough, especially with goodies around, but you can do this.

Cherry, Jar, how are you guys doing?

Terri, it must be tough to work in an office where all those "goodies" come in. I can't help but think they are delicious, but just not for us this holiday. They make losing weight too tough.

Is anyone setting a specific goal about cookies and desserts for the month? I'd be interested.

I think I have finally learned a lesson. This is it: Right after Thanksgiving and Black Friday I ate home cooking that had plenty of salt. The foods were very different than I usually eat. The next day I was up 4-5#. I did not overindulge or have a huge binge. The foods were simply different and the portions were larger. By Wed., by eating well on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I knocked off 3-4# pounds. Those were, what I'll now call, "fake pounds". Salt and extra sugar, etc. packed them on, but as long as I caught it early enough those pounds didn't stay on. Most of them are gone. I plan to knock off this pound and then lose another pound to keep my weight loss going. I can do this! We can all do this!

Judy
    234.6/185/179 and thinner I'd like to hit 179 by mid-January
  • Itryharder . . . thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, I totally love the turtle mindset. What a great way to look at it.

My fav part of Thanksgiving is stuffing. I make it homemade and boy oh boy I could just sit and eat that with gravy. I also notice that I'm a puffer fish for several days after Thanksgiving meals. This year I ate stuffing but really watched my portion and did not go back for seconds. I only had it once leftover and again, ate a much smaller portion than I normally would. I didn't feel nearly as puffy. All that bread contributes to puffiness, at least in me. I also don't salt anything (except spuds) while I'm cooking to try and cut down on the sodium. Oh and I bought reduced sodium chicken broth which had MORE sodium in it than the cooking stock I also bought. Go figure. Next year I'm going to make sure I have enough home made stock (I use it for the stuffing).

Again, thx for the nice words.
  • A warm Turtle welcome to loose seal!!!

Rain turned to snow and ice!!! Roads ok, back out on the streets today!! Too wet to walk the last 2 day, no break even at lunch.

Together we will make it throught the holiday!!!(So i keep telling myself) I am south in a little more than 3 weeks eeeeeek!!!! I did buy a new bathing suit haven't tried it on !!!!
    I really needed the booty camp but my sister wasn't able to commit to teaching the classes, she said maybe spring. Yes a good excuse for me!!! If I keep the excuses going I may never get out of the 190's!!!

Bandit what about bringing some sort of salad, most you can make a head and they will keep, maybe broccoli salad?

Everyone have a great day!!! Keep at it!

Terri
  • Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Super cold here this morning with lots of frost! I have lots of last minute stuff to do today to get ready for tomorrow and I have my TOPS Christmas party tonight, we are meeting at a local Red Lobster - the scale is way up right now but that is due to some bad eating choices and TOM so am not looking forward to W/I.

Loose Seal: Welcome to our group, we are thrilled to have you with us!

Bandit: I sure hope you feel better soon! I am thinking a salad or a trifle like Judy said would work well.

Taylor: I really need to get my butt moving again with the exercise, I see you posting about getting yours in and that is so awesome!

Terri: Bet you are looking forward to your vacation time!

Judy: You seem like you are in a good place right now, that is a wonderful thing!

Life: Hope you are doing well!

Jeanne: How are things going with you?

Cherry: Hope you are doing ok!

Have a great day all!
  • loose seal - welcome! Sounds like you made better choices with your portions. Great job.

Hello to everyone. So far scale is looking good for weigh in day. I have done fairly good so far this week. It is getting close to that TOM so I hope the scale will still be kind and I need to not worry to much about the fluctuations. I will need to watch the cravings though.
  • Terri, Princess and C.A. . . . thanks for the warm welcome!

Got my exercise and dogs walk in, b-fast and lunch were on target and am off to grocery shop. I want steak for dinner! lol Hope they have some Delmonico's on sale. Getting brisk here. Need to decorate for Christmas. Need to Christmas shop! I"m way behind . . . .
  • Hi Turtles,
    Terri, I know you were exercising before the idea of a Boot Camp with your sister. What were you doing? You must be happy to have the southern warmth in your future.

Whoa! How fast everything can change. Dh and I went for boardwalk walk, then stopped atTrader Joe's. He bought cashews and I've been eating them.
    Have to stop. It made me want pizza for dinner. So, I'm here to change my mind about that. Thanks!!!!!

Loose Seal, good ideas about stuffing and portion control and looking ahead even as far ahead as next year. WEigh to go!

Cherry, I'm thrilled that you've had a good week. We keep on proving time and again that we can do this. Baby steps and we'll all get to goal. :

Princess, enjoy your party at Red Lobster. It sounds like fun.
    It's easy for scale to go up, but we're all working on it. Success is on its way. I can feel it. Good luck with your new job.

Bandit, enjoy your weekend.

Tomorrow we're picking up grandson from school (parent teacher conference afternoon) and we'll bring him to a local nursery that has a great Santa and Christmas display. Then we'll have lunch at the cafe there. It sounds like a good time. Dh and I got a lot done today and I took a five minute nap. Woke up hungry-----or more truthful, woke up craving foods.
    I can do this . I'm getting a cup of boullion and I'm putting some green peas in it. That'll do the trick for now.

Best to everyone. Seal, I'm a retired teacher----oldest member in the group here. I like to crochet, quilt, and read. I love walking and feel so much better when I get out and do that. My dh and I have 3 kids, all married, and 3 grandchildren. He and I like to walk at the beach on the boardwalk. We try and get out at least 4x a week, but go daily when we can. Let us know something about you.

Judy
    234.6/185/179 and thinner
  • hi there everyone..

welcome Seal.. you will find this to be an amazing group who just take it one step at a time..

Itryharder you had me cracking up so hard with the "couchie" comment.. its couch potato to run mode but couchie works.. tomorrow will be a real test for me.. I am to do a warm up then run for 3 mins. walk for a min and half then run for 5 - seriously does that sound like fun to you .. NO it doesn't but I have committed to this dang thing and will see it thru to the end.. who knows might surprise myself but right now soooo not feeling it.. Have an awesome time with your grandson.. btw what is your novel about..

Princess - Red lobster sounds heavenly.. I can almost smell those cheddar biscuits as I type this.. I am really just trying to be in the best place for me before that surgery so it's pure determination to exercise.. they told me my down time will be 6 weeks and that just frightens the beeejeepers out of me.. I know I'm not supposed to push it but I'm thinking if I can be in good shape going in maybe the recovery time can be adjusted.. who knows.. will see.. but thanks for always supporting me on it - means alot

Banditt - THANK YOU I would of never thought of ski clothing.. I am going to go to our local sport mart and hopefully they will have something like that for me - if not off to the city I go.. but that would work perfectly!! I hope you have a lovely time with your Tops group and that you were able to find something to take that would work for everyone... I also hope you are feeling better

Cherry - GOOD FOR YOU.. one step at a time girlfriend.. you can do this

Terri - got to just love this Ontario weather ( sarcasm coated).. you just never know what it will end up being like..

well today was a long day for me at work.. woke up this morning and realized my body wasn't going to be working out.. then I did a back track and figured out I had worked out 6 days in a row so yeah it definitely was a required rest day.. I keep forgetting those rest days are just as important as the work outs so that is what I did.. It is becoming so festive all over and I am finally feeling the jingle jingle ling spirit of Christmas.. My daughter will be flying home in 23 days and I am so excited to see her .. I think I might try out a recipe I heard someone talk about at work.. take a chocolate cake mix and add 1 can of diet coke and bake like a cake.. 2 pts per serving.. goodies are my downfall so if I can find a way to make them attainable then I'm all for it..

wishing everyone a great evening...