3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #268 Bale of Turtles Doing Just Fine! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/246536-268-bale-turtles-doing-just-fine.html)

Princess1122 11-08-2011 06:05 AM

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! I need to get out and cast my vote here for our local elections then I am heading to the gym for Zumba class then home to finish up raking the leaves, we are supposed to get lots of rain starting tonight so I need to get them raked and bagged today.

Food is going ok so far this week but I do need to get more veggies into my diet, when I look at my food journal I see I have been neglecting that part.

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good and that we are all busy... make time for "you" and have a great day all!

I will stop back later this afternoon to get my personal posting done but for now I need to get DH lunch packed and the dogs fed.

Taylorsjourney 11-08-2011 09:44 AM

Good Morning,

Terri did you find out if your booty camp is a go..

Jar sorry about your Steelers .. I'm glad you only had a touch of what's going around.. make sure to keep up with whatever you were taking because so many say they have a touch of it then it comes back full force.. I would hate for you to have it with your American Thanksgiving approaching..

Princess - nice to hear you had a lovely family relaxing day.. I think we all need those every now and then...

Ityharder - you are so correct in that this is a wonderful place for all of us to gather .. we draw so much positive energy from each other and sometimes when we are low a few simple words pick us up...

lots2go - HELLO and I'm so excited to see you back.. 2 weeks and you do your race .. that is awesome.. I was trying to remember when it was ... you have no idea how much you have inspired me.. I've spread my wings a bit and took to power walking outside when weather permits.living in the country I've often thought I wonder if I could do this.. well after reading about your "no give up" attitude I have found out I can tooo.. guess what I went for a 10 mile walk.. took me a while but afterwards I was like a kid just dancing all over the yard with excitement ( I'm sure my one neighbour thinks I've lost it)... so even if life gets busy please check in with us.. like I've often said you never know how your words and your actions will affect someone...

Cherry - awesome job with the loss.. keep up the fantastic work..

Banditt - sorry to hear you had a rough weekend but what a great attitude to start your week off with..

Hoping everyone else has a fantastic day!! My workout is done ( 5 miles this morn ) .. I've watched "where in the world is Matt" and now I have a some household chores to finish before heading in to work.. my cold is almost gone and I feel like I'm back in the saddle again - so to speak LOL..

life4evr 11-08-2011 12:04 PM

Hey everyone. Sorry i have been missing my job is kicking my butt. I have overtime last week and I have overtime this week.

So I am just sending a hello to everyone. When I weighe in last week I gained 0.5# which I am okay with.

I can't remember who asked but i have been crocheting longer than I have been knitting. I learned to crochet around the same time I learned to write. Knitting came later in middle school. I switched to knitting since my arthritis manifest its self in my wrists. Which really sucks. Some days i feel like I am too young for that but oh well

I haven't been exercising, My eating hs been bordering on hit or miss. WI in is Thursday for me.

Hope everyone has a good day.

lots2go 11-08-2011 01:42 PM

Hey fellow turtles :) I didn't get to run today, it's been raining all night. I missed it, and have eaten terrible today. TOM should be here soon, I'm blaming that lol...Actually I've had a terrible couple of weeks. A tree fell on our roof again about 2 weeks ago, we had to have the entire thing removed ($2000 that we DON'T have) They had to bring in a crane and all kinds of heavy equipment, the stump is 4ft across! Now we have a little roof damage and trying to get that taken care of, then the transmission went out on the car (another $2000 we don't have) all in the same couple of days. I've not been sleeping that well....

We've had 4 earthquakes this week, and I live in Oklahoma! One was a 5.7, I'm sure you've heard it on the news in the US. Yesterday we had tornados and a 4.7 in the same evening......when it rains it pours lol

I'm really stressing out at work right now, just tired, and I want to be home with my babies...i'm feeling whiney today. I just want to go back to bed and start over tomorrow!

Sounds like everyone is doing well for the most part besides the sickness that's going around....Hope everyone has a great day/week :) I'll check in later!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylorsjourney (Post 4100517)

lots2go - HELLO and I'm so excited to see you back.. 2 weeks and you do your race .. that is awesome.. I was trying to remember when it was ... you have no idea how much you have inspired me.. I've spread my wings a bit and took to power walking outside when weather permits.living in the country I've often thought I wonder if I could do this.. well after reading about your "no give up" attitude I have found out I can tooo.. guess what I went for a 10 mile walk.. took me a while but afterwards I was like a kid just dancing all over the yard with excitement ( I'm sure my one neighbour thinks I've lost it)... so even if life gets busy please check in with us.. like I've often said you never know how your words and your actions will affect someone...

Hoping everyone else has a fantastic day!! My workout is done ( 5 miles this morn ) .. I've watched "where in the world is Matt" and now I have a some household chores to finish before heading in to work.. my cold is almost gone and I feel like I'm back in the saddle again - so to speak LOL..

You're right, you never know how your words or actions will affect someone....I probably wouldn't have made the time to come back to post if you hadn't said that in the first place :) I'm so proud of you 10 miles?!?! That's awesome! :carrot::carrot: 10 miles is a long ways! it's almost a 1/2 marathon....Your 5 mile today is great too!

lots2go 11-08-2011 01:43 PM

Oh I saw that there was a facebook page for our turtles???? is that right? what's the address?

Princess1122 11-08-2011 01:48 PM

Good afternoon everyone! I got my Zumba class in and then got the back yard raked so i am done with the raking for now, at least until the rest of the leaves fall :D but over all I have increased the activity this week and will step it up again next week since I won't have the leaves to rake, thinking I will pick up another Zumba class during the week since that seems to be working for me right now.

Youngest DS and his GF are coming for supper tonight, I have boneless pork ribs in the crockpot and will do a side of potatoes and a salad I think.

I had a huge problem with one of my knitting projects and will have to take that to my Wednesday night knitting class tomorrow to see if the teacher can help me fix it... what a mess!

Bandit: I know you and you will be back on track in no time once you set your mind to it! Im here if you need anything at all!

Life: You sure are busy these days and a .5 gain is nothing at all, I'm sure you will have the scale going in the other direction in no time!

Judy: I know this is a super busy time of year for you... I hope that you are able to get into a groove and get things were you are comfortable and moving in the direction that you want!

Taylor: Wow, you are really kicking butt with all of your exercise! Great job!

Lots: Good to see you posting and good luck with your training!

Jeanne: Sorry your team did not do so well, ours is doing just aweful this year, ugh, what a mess and with the Super Bowl here this year all eyes are on us... LOL.

Terri: How are you doing? Are you back to a full schedule at work?

Hope I got everyone, have a great day all and enjoy the warmer weather while we have it!

bandit2 11-08-2011 03:13 PM

Hi turtles:

Lots - OMG, that is crazy all you are dealing with & I know financial stress is the worst, it really gets you down, worried & scared. Hope you are dealing
with everything the best you can.

Princess - my goodness, you are on fire with your exercise, planning meals & giving so much support - thanks for your kind words. Ribs sound super yummy, enjoy!

Life - good luck with your weigh in.

Taylor - nice you got your workout done early, great job.

Judy - how you doing busy gal? Seems you are always on the go.

It is dreary day, no sunshine today. Got all my leaves out for pickup today &
since it is suppose to by super windy am hoping that the ones that have fallen yesterday & today will get blown away. Planning on getting in a walk tonight before Biggest Loser - just stayed in last night & went to bed early.
Eating has been better the last 2 days, so fell better about that.

All - hope everyone is planning their meals, drinking their water, getting in
exercise & staying upbeat!

Itryharder 11-08-2011 03:23 PM

Today's my dh :hb:, so I'll have to chime in later. For now, I was successful this week in taking off the 2# I gained last week. Now when I lose the very next pound, I'll be at my lowest weight in a long time. Yay for the :goodscale:

Wishing you all well. I'll get to personals this evening or tomorrow morning.
Judy
234.6/186/179 and thinner :cool:

Itryharder 11-08-2011 05:10 PM

Hi Turtles,
I'm going to try to respond to all. You guys are the best!

Hi Jar, I'm following your crochetting projects on Facebook. You are so creative.

Princess, don't you love the crockpot meals? :chef: I have favorites since I don't love each and every thing I've made in a crockpot , but the ones that work are fabulous. Kudos for all your exercise and raking leaves. You are so smart to keep moving :strong: because that's a vital part of this fitness and weight loss thing. Great progress with your food too. WEigh to go.
Oh, a vegetable tip----maybe everyone does this, but when I have pasta I also make spaghetti squash. I put the hot squash in the bottom of my plate and cover it with a little pasta. Then the sauce goes over the entire dish and I feel like I'm eating a lot, but with few calories.

Taylor, a ten mile walk!!!! :tread: You're amazing. and another 5miles today. That's stupendous. I walk 1 1/2miles and I'm happy. Good for you.

Lots2go, wow, you've been hit with so many problems up to and including earthquakes. That's miserable. I hope your luck changes big time so the drain on your finances won't continue. Good luck with your race :exercise:
and your great distances!

Life4evr, glad you're okay with the .5# gain. I can tell you'll be OP right away. And your work gives you a lot of :exercise: :strong: which burns up energy and calories. I asked about the knitting/crochetting . You learned so young. What a wonderful skill. I'm sending :goodvibes: because you deserve them.

Oh Lots2go, the facebook is Turtles. It is a group and I think you can access it through any of our full names.

Bandit, you've got time to undo the weekend gain----and I see you're eating well now. That and the great raking you did should show a loss. Good for you! My rake is sitting in our little shed in our backyard feeling mighty lonely right now. I know I've got to get out there and do it, but there are so many other things to tackle first.

Had a good WI as I mentioned before. Dh wanted pizza, so after our walk on the boardwalk, we headed to a little pizzeria. I had salad. I'm giving myself a high five on that one. Well, I had a bite of his pizza, but just one bite. Yay. Today has been busy and productive for us. We also are looking at a quiet weekend for a change and we can use it!

Okay, gotta run----dh's back downstairs and ready to watch some TV. I'll go join him. Lots of :love: to you all. Let's all treat ourselves well and keep on working toward fitness and a slimmer us.
Judy

terrod99 11-09-2011 07:13 AM

Happy Hump Day!

This is such a busy group I never have enough time to read and respond to everyone!!!!! Hope you all are great! and keepin on!!!
Still gathering a group for the booty class think it is coming together hope to start Sat am!!!
Me today getting ready to go for colonoscopy lost 4 lbs since yesterday!!! Yuck! What a way to lose it!!!

Feeling a little lighter!!! and thinking good skinny thoughts for all of us!!!!!!

Terri

Princess1122 11-09-2011 08:17 AM

Good morning all and happy Wednesday to you all and a best wishes to those that weigh in today!

It is a very rainy day here today so will get some inside chores done and a couple of errands and then it is off to knitting class tonight and boy do I have a doesy of a mistake for my teacher to help me with lol... ugh, it not it means months of work down the drain.

Food and exercise is on track, scale is slowing down though so will just hope for somekind of loss this week and keep at it.

Lots: We posted at the same time yesterday... I am so sorry to hear about your stress, I have been there and I know how bad it can get... I sure hope things turn around for you soon!

Terri: I hope you get some down time for yourself... you are super busy now! Good luck with your procedure today!

Judy: Happy B-Day to your DH, I hope it was a nice day for you both! A salad at a pizza place... nope, I could never be that good... LOL. You are doing great!

Bandit: You sound like you are really doing good getting back on track! I know what the yard work is like this time of year... Ugh! You get done with all of those leaves and then you turn around and a ton more have dropped... LOL.

Lots: Sounds like you are busy right now with work! Take care and I hope things ease up a bit for you!

Taylor: Wow, you are like super woman with the exercise and a real inspiration! How is your husband doing with getting the crops in?

Cherry: How are you doing? Best wishes for a great weigh in!

Lauren: How are you doing so far this week?

Jeanne: What are you up to this week? I love your projects that you have done! You are very talented!

I have to run! Have a great day all!

Itryharder 11-09-2011 08:51 AM

Terri, good luck with your procedure. Dropping 4# like that is impressive, but not fun. :goodvibes:

Princess, good luck with your knitting. What are you making that you've been working on it so long? :bravo:

Going to WW WI in a little bit. Day not as sunny and nice here as predicted.
Hope to get on the boardwalk today, but if not I'll head for the :tread:

Have a great day, every one. We are moving onward and downward.
Judy

life4evr 11-09-2011 09:51 AM

Good morning everyone. I am bouncing around the house because I am off today and its my 29th birthday. So today is gonna be a good day.

Lots2go sorry about everything that is going with you. I saw the news report about Oklahoma. The weather so far this year has been horrible.

Princess-planning is a wonderful thing. I have to get back on planning my meals and exercise time.

Itry-Happy Birthday to your husband. Which is funny since I share a birthday with him. Congrats on not going crazy on the pizza.

Terri my both my parents has had a colonoscopy. My dad lost like 8 lbs and my mom didn't loose any. But yeah they both agreed it was not fun. Good luck with your procedure. Hoping there are no problems.

Judy good luck with the weigh in.

So I am off to run some errands. I had an idea to make a fleece quilt for one of my friends that i have known since high school and went to college with. So wish me luck.

Everyone have a good day.

Sorry if I missed anyone it wasn't on purpose.

CherryAutumn 11-09-2011 12:11 PM

Lots2go- It does sound like things have been stressful to you. I live in the lower corner of Kansas and Saturday at about 11:15 we felt an aftershock from your earthquake. It was the craziest thing ever. My DH and I had never felt one before and had no idea what had just happened. My 6 yr. old came out of her room and said "Momma, I think my room just moved.":rofl:

Hello to all the other turtles this morning. I have had a rough day or two this week and hope I can hold things together till my weigh in. I think i may see a little gain but hope that it wont be to damaging. I still have 2 or 3 days to go till weigh in. Hope everyone else is having a good week.:hug: Thanks for everyones support.

Judy- so glad to hear you lost those 2 pesky pounds and you are on your way to new territory in weight loss. Thanks for letting me know that you are proud of me. I have had lots of struggles but I am really trying to do this.

LaurenH 11-09-2011 12:57 PM

Lots, you're really getting some amazing turbulence down there! Glad you're all safe.

Thanks for asking about my family, everyone. Things have gotten more interesting since we last talked. (Remember that Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times"?)

My stepdad tore his rotator cuff last Thursday (moving ugly, dirty furniture he found near a dumpster; it's now in their living room). For most people, that would be an unpleasant inconvenience, but for him it's much worse than that. His stroke and chemo treatment last year has made his legs weak and wobbly, and now with only one arm he's having a very tough time getting up and walking. He fell off the porch after they came home from urgent care, and she couldn't get him up without help from a neighbor. :(

So my mom has been waiting on him hand and foot, getting no sleep, etc. We finally had to step in a couple of days ago and convince him that Mom needs to get rest if she's going to beat this cancer. If that meant him wearing "adult briefs" overnight so she could get some sleep, so be it. That very night, he figured out how to get up from his bed and get himself to the bathroom. Nothing like a little motivation.

Anyway. The past few days have really been eye opening. There seems to be very little home care help for people with next to no money. If you know of any good resources, I'm all ears. I know some of you have already dealt with aging parents.

Tomorrow I'll be taking them to the orthopedic surgeon to see what's next. If they do surgery, I'm going to beg them to keep him in the hospital or in rehab until he can get himself to the bathroom at night.

They've also asked me to take over balancing their checkbook; Pop has become too confused to do it, and my mom has never figured out how. Another step. I've never been a caregiver before like some of you have; it's a new and -- to me -- scary world.

As for my eating ... it has been just OK, but I'm losing weight. That happens when I'm really stressed! One of the few silver linings.

Thanks for listening.