Old 10-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/198.8/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles - frosty out there this a.m.

Cherry - congrats on your weight loss, that is awesome!

Taylor - hope you are feeling better today. A Tops rally is a yearly event and all the chapters in the region attend & there is a different theme and each chapter dresses up to reflect that - this year was Hollywood and our chaper wore white tops, black pants, decorated Top hats and Star necklaces.
It is different awards based on previous year. I received a ribbon for losing 21#, a ribbon for 8 week no gains & one for a card contest which started last rally. So it is yearly event to recognize achievements from different chapters in your region each year.

Jar - congrats on just eating 1 cookie & no doughnuts, lots of temptations for you. I use to do ww but found it was getting expensive so I joined Tops
which is $10/month at our chapter & helps keep me accountable by having to weigh in each week. And it is great group of ladies, so happy with the change. Even if I tried different eating programme, I would still be part of this chapter for my weigh ins. Lots of the ladies do different plans, but still
come to weekly meeting for support.

Well off to find out about this detox meeting - I am sure they will try pushing all kinds of products on us, but just want to see what it is all about

Have a good Sunday - roasted chicken for my dinner, yummy!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good afternoon everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Super chilly here also but at least no snow like the east coast is getting!

We had a good trip yesterday and the travel was uneventful which is always good. Enjoyed being with my mom, we took her out to lunch and then did some grocery shopping and then just hung out and visited for a while before we headed back home. It is a three hour trip each way so the travel is the biggest part of the day.

Sounds like everyone is doing good and that is a wonderful thing. I slept in this morning, I was going to go to the gym but was just too tired when I woke up so will take the dogs to the park for a walk later if the rain holds off.

I need to run, we have people coming over to watch the football game and I have a ton of things to do ... have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Hi Everyone,

well this afternoon it all hit me.. felt like a steam rolling truck ran over me.. Ive been trying to get water in me just to stay hydrated but I'm just wiped out.. I went to my Uncles dedication - wasn't likely the best choice but he meant the world to me and didn't want to miss it.. beautiful service and memorial but being outside for even a couple of minutes had me chilled to the bone.. came home and slept for almost 2 hours.. my poor DH has watched me go from flannel jammies with socks and slippers to now shorts and a tshirt as whatever this is moves thru me.. he keeps a distance as he asks every so often "need anything" lol..

Bandit - thanks for telling me about Tops it sounds like you have a great group for support... how did you make out with your detox info session...

Princess - glad you had a good visit with your Mom.. 3 hours there and back would make for a long day..

Jar - YEAH your Steelers won.. I had the game on as I laid on the couch.. I'm not a huge Tom Brady fan so glad the Steelers won.. good job on one cookie.. I would see that more as a non scale victory because it could of so easily turned into 5 or 6..

okay my energy level has dropped LOL.. wierd whatever this is.. take care everyone!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #19  

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all and Happy Halloween also! I am heading out the door to my aquafit class and then to run errands but hope to get back on later on today to catch up on some post reading and see what everyone is up to.

Have a great day everyone and stay out of the candy dishes!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning all,

Well, I'm back again. Tired of steadily gaining weight, so I decided to get back on the band wagon. Support from others always helps me.
I'm starting at 241#'s and my weigh-ins are going to be on Mondays.
I look forward to getting to know each of you. I like the turtle and the hare mind set of thinking. Slow and steady wins the race.
I'm going to do the Weight Watcher's momentum plan, since this is what I was successful on before. I got my tennis shoes out, so I can start back walking.
I'm looking forward to a cruise next year and want to be down as much as possible before then so I can enjoy it even more.
I'll be talking to everyone again soon. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Donna
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:17 PM   #21  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Donna! Glad to have you posting here.

Gals, I'm too beat to reply to everyone's posts. for all the wonderful weight losses and : I'm so proud of you.

Today we're undecorating our house. Had great party on Sat. 3 1/2couples couldn't make it because of the wintry mix of weather, but the ones who got here had a great time. My weight is up, but I know what to do. I did disappoint myself because I had a good plan that I should have followed. Today I'm working on my attitude. I'll check back in later.
Judy
234.6/?????/179 and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:06 PM   #22  

Donna - Welcome! Nice to "meet" you. I am 5'4" and started out around your weight to. I have three small kids ages 2,4,and 6 years old. I have been married for almost 8 years now. I have started and stopped several weight loss programs and have come back to Weight watchers. It is working for me and I plan to stick with it while it is.

Princess- Hope you enjoy your aquafit class. It sounds like fun. I live in a fairly small town and I dont think they offer classes like that.

Taylor - Sorry to hear that you are feeling so rough. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Bandit- How are you doing this week? That roasted chicken sounded good.

Jar- Proud of you on the donuts. One little cookie ( it could have been worse) be proud that you didnt give in sooner and have a whole lot more to account for.

Lots2go - How are you doing? I missed hearing from you. I know you are keeping busy. Hang in there and post soon.

Hello to anyone else I might have missed.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

November!!!! I can't believe it!

Welcome Donna nice group of Turtles here! You will find lots of support here with us Turtles!!! Most here follow the WW at least the basics of it! Lace up those shoes its free, find a buddy I discovered a gal from work lives 2 blocks away so we meet at 6 am walk for 1 hour then home to get ready for work! Exercise done for the day!!! Go with small changes and fit them to your lifestyle or they won't stick. You can do this!

Going walking so not much time hope all are well! Keepin at it! Keepin on ! Keepin movin!!!!

Have a great Tuesday!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #24  
jeanne

Good Morning everyone!

Welcome Donna!!!!! I'm Jeanne, I have two grown daughters and an amazing husband! I do WW online & meetings (when I get there)! But online....FAITHFULLY! Addicted actually! I was 268# at my highest.

I don't have time for personals but am thinking of each and everyone of you! Have a great day and I'll catch up after dinner tonight!

Jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #25  
Chick

Good morning everyone.
Today I had hoped to get on boardwalk, but I'll hit my instead if the weather doesn't clear. Had a good Halloween here. About 95 kids and they stopped trick or treating around 8:30PM. Very mild----no soaping or egging that I can see. Just kids having fun.

All Turtles, have a great day and I'll chime in later.
Judy
?????? down about 48# thinner is
Old 11-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #26  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! It is a cold and chilly day here with frost on the ground. I took the dogs out for a walk and am getting ready to meed my DIL for our Zumba class. Then we are heading to the store to get a coat for D-GS.

I gave in and had some candy last night, not very proud of my lack of will power but over all it could have been worse so will move on from here. There are some really challenging contests going on right now at my TOPS meeting so I need to keep it together.

Welcome to Donna, I think you will enjoy this group of gals, it is a great support structure that we have going so welcome - we look forward to getting to know you.

All: I hope to get back online to do my personals later today, things have been busy and I feel like I never have enough hours in the day lately.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Good morning Turtles.. Hello November!!

Welcome Donna so glad you could join us..I am following WW online with my main w/i on Mondays but I've been weighing in on Fridays for the challenge we are doing, just to see where I'm at on that day!!

Sounds like everyone had a good Halloween.. I wasn't feeling 100% but thought I could get thru it so headed in to work.. BAD IDEA - ended up coming home crawling into bed and spent the rest of the day there.. today I have a full chest cold which has dampered my working out.. I told my dh that the treadmil has got to come inside from the garage as it's just getting to cold for me out there, so I think that will be making the move inside this weekend.. Ive managed to keep the water in me but meals aren't appealing so that should play some havoc with my w/i this week but what ya gonna do it is what it is...

Everyone is doing so awesome - keep up the great work..
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #28  
Turtle Extraordinaire

WOW! I don't come here for a while, and look what happens! You guys are doing SO GREAT!!!!!!!!

I am just so impressed by the numbers in your signatures! It probably feels slow as molasses to you, but it looks AMAZING to me. You're really an inspiration to me right now.

Looking back, what has made the difference for you this year? Why do you think you've been successful at getting this weight off?

I have been off the wagon for too long, and it's really showing. I'm still about 70 pounds down from my highest, but I'm way up from my lowest. It's disheartening. It has been a tough year on a lot of levels: my mom has cancer and is halfway through chemo; my pop had a stroke; personal struggles; etc. So apparently I've allowed these things to set me back with my eating. I'm still not where I want to be, though I'm making strides to get back on the wagon. Good days and bad days. And no exercise to speak of, either. That needs to change!

BTW, I see we have another blue-sky goat avatar here now (hello!), so I switched to the avatar I use most other places.

So good to see everyone doing so well! Can't tell you how happy it makes me. You all are the BEST.

Last edited by LaurenH; 11-01-2011 at 02:51 PM.
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 220/198.8/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Welcome Donna to our group! And welcome back, Lauren (nice to see you join us again)

Taylor - hope you are feeling better

Princess - glad you are getting in all this exercise, good for you & am sure
your doggies are loving it too!

Terri - awesome you have a walking buddy especially at 6 a.m.

Cherry - hope you are having a great day!

All - hoping everyone has a successful week!

Halloween was fun - I had about 60 kids which is about the norm for the last few years. I did abit of decorating but do more when Halloween falls on the weekend. Glad it didn't rain for the kids.

Going walking right after work - then home to watch Biggest Loser!

Have a good evening
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #30  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Today has been such a busy day, but I wanted to check in on the Turtles to see how we are doing. Much to my very pleasant surprise was a post from
Lauren---the gal who with Lin was responsible for keeping this group going.
Lauren, I'm sorry things haven't been easy, but that part of your post where you say you've kept off about 70# is terrific. I am so glad that you
decided to post here again. You asked about what helped us lose weight again and how our journey's been. About two and a half years ago I lost 25# on WW's. I walked for exercise and really tried very hard to track and keep OP. It was a great year for me. I came to the realization that time was slipping by and I wasn't happy with my weight for health and even for the way I looked. My dsis told me about a detox plan that worked for her and although I didn't lose any real weight on it (whey protein shakes with fresh fruit, etc) I felt healthier and at that moment, I worked WW very hard. Skip ahead a year and I had hives for about 1 1/2years. Insane. I wasn't able to drop any more weight even though I was working WW's very hard. I even gained 9# from Dec. 2010 to August 2011. Ugh. At that point I was extremely close to 200# again and felt that I would gain all my weight back if I didnt' catch it. I signed up with a prepared food program and have a counselor. It's working and I've lost about 14# doing that over the last
10 weeks or so. Just recently I started slipping on that (we still have a billion social activities with our family) so I'm at a crossroads again. I have a WI tomorrow and I am sure I'll be up. Ugh. So, that's my tale right now.
Lots of success because I am a couple of pounds away from where I was lowest at WW's, but feeling shaky because I'm letting this program slip away as far as determination.

What I know is that what we think about we bring about. All the plattitudes and little sayings are true. If we think we can, we can. If we think we can't, we can't. What I know is that you were always an inspiration to me and the other gals. You make complete sense and are so positive. I hope there is something here in this group that will feel like a nice, safe home and will help you to jumpstart your weight loss. :

Today dh and I got on the boardwalk to walk. Food is good, but I'm in the throes of wanting something better and more. Going off program is not good for me. It is too soon in my weight loss journey to do that. This is a good thing and I want to keep it that way. If I lose a pound a week, I can reach my goal by August. That is something worth for!

Gotta run-----all the turtles, keep on keepin' on! We can do this.

Judy
?????/??????179 and thinner