Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 07:08 AM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking Wednesday **HUMP DAY**

Good morning all!

I have feeling great this morning, very motivated. I have weigh in tonight (as long as it isn't cancelled due to weather ) I was just thinking how I could seriously be at goal this time next year. I really could! All these years worrying, stressing, being depressed because of continual gains.....and if I had just chosen to do something....it could have been gone long ago. So, yeah a year from now I could be at goal!

Have a great day all!!

Angie
Old 02-05-2003, 09:02 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Morning Angie, and everyone else about to post. With the style thing, I really try tomix baggy and form-fitting because I think it's the most flattering to my figure. I tend to be pretty bottom heavy, so I usually wear something that skims pretty close on top and something a little baggier on the bottom. Or if I do wear tighter pants, I generally wear a baggy top to cover up my baby pooch.

Angie, you are so right. I think about where I could be right now had I gotten serious about all of this years ago, and it's amazing to think what we could have achieved. But maybe we needed the wisdom and maturity that we have gained in the meantime, as well as the character building that comes with looking less than perfect in our "perfect" obsessed society. Maybe those are the tools we needed to make progress and finally achieve our goals. Whatever it is, I'm glad you have found motivation, and I know you'll have a great weigh-in tonight!

Speaking of weigh-in, I did it last night and was down two pounds. Pretty exciting since I usually lose .2 and .4 pounds at a time. I am hoping that this daily cardio thing is the jump start my body needed. I've never been able to stick with anything this long and do it every day, so I have hope that this might be the answer for me.

Eating has been ok. I've mostly managed to stay within points, but it hasn't been exactly what you'd call nutritious. Still, I feel like I'm doing something I can live with, and I think that later I can up the fruits and veggies and add in more fiber, etc. I feel like I need to establish one habit at a time.

Looking forward to reading your posts today!
-Jayne
Old 02-05-2003, 09:04 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Angie, I just saw your ya-ya name and I am so jealous. I wanted one so badly, and because we don't use Windows, I can't get on the web page to get one.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:15 AM   #4  

Jayne...Congrat on your weigh in!! WOW 2 pounds down...YOU GO GIRL!

If you want you can PM your first and last name and I will find out your ya ya name for you. Don't worry.....I am not a weird crazy pyhcho stalker. ! HONEST!
Old 02-05-2003, 09:28 AM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Wink Good Morning!

Good morning everyone!! Yesterday's thread was kind of slow, where is everyone? Hopefully Angie's poll will draw some folks out and we'll get some more posters today.

Yesterday was WI. I wasn't expecting a good one and I didn't have a good one, but what can ya do? I was up only .2 so it wasn't all bad. But when I looked at last week, the only days that I was OP were Weds and Thurs, so it's not WW's fault, it's my own.

I don't know if I told you guys this or not, but I signed up for WW eTools and am really liking it, even though I haven't really been staying OP like I should be. I like it, but I'm not sure whether or not it's worth the $12.95 a month.

As far as the poll goes, I really wear some pretty classic casual style, which can fall under the category of baggy and form fitting. For example, today I'm wearing a pair of low-rise jeans and a form fitting sweater. Yesterday it was baggy dress pants and a button up blouse, so I'd say I do both.

Angie--You are doing so well! I have to tell you that you are totally my inspiration right now. Your success makes you so enthusiastic about the plan and it's helping me, too, because it brings to mind all those compliments I got when I was losing and how great it felt to discover things about my shrinking body (i.e., my hipbones) Congratulations on your success and thank you for the inspiration!!

Jayne--Yay on your WI!! You deserve a dancing monkey, don't you agree? I agree with you that the exercise does make a lot of difference in how successful you are. In fact, I'm getting off my rump and getting out today because if I don't I'm never going to lose any more weight. And what is this Ya-Ya name website? I read (and loved) the book, but never heard about a website where I could get a name.

Well, that's all for me. I overslept this morning so I have to put my face on and get a little breakfast. Talk to you ladies later!!
Old 02-05-2003, 10:14 AM   #6  

Hi girlies!

I am here, but studying for a test that I have in 1/2 hour. I am still busy, but not too busy for you all!!

Staying OP hasn't been easy, but at least I have eliminated all fast food from my diet, and am eating healthy. I need to get serious, I really want to lose 20 lbs before summer!

Well, I will be back after my test! Wish me luck!
Old 02-05-2003, 10:40 AM   #7  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Good luck, Tonya!

Jess the site is something that I got from another forum that I visit from time to time, where my sister goes. I will see if I can find the site, but Angie may know it better than I do. It's something off of www.yayasisterhood/warnersbrothers.com or something like that. Let me look into it.

Last edited by aaronsmom; 02-05-2003 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:50 AM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hiya girls!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I didn't do any activity though besides work but I did manage to bank some which is good b/c I need to make up for Monday's over eat. Today is looking good as well. I'm feeling really motivated

Angie, I usually wear bottoms that are more fitted & baggier tops so I picked other inthe poll. Glad to hear you're motivated too!

Jayne, you rocked your WI! Atta girl! Keep it up. Your lkink to that ya-ya website didn't work for soem reason. I loved that movie & I read the fist book Little Alters Everywhere it was really good too. Now I need to read that Yaya book.

Jess, don't fret over your WI. 0.2 is barely anything. If I was only OP for two days I would be up a lot more than that. This is your week to take control. Did your day get any better yesterday after it started so poorly?

Tonya, glad you got a chance to pop in. I hope that your test went well. Sounds like you have your eating under control! Keep it up & you'll see the results you want

Well I should go get ready for work. Hopefully I'll be back later. Take care all!
Old 02-05-2003, 12:09 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone, My wrist is sore today and the drugs haven't kicked in yet. I have to go to the dentist tonight and that's something I'm completely dreading - I hate the dentist! But at least my boys won last night so that's something (go Canucks!).
For the clothes, I mix. Usually a little baggier but I've recently gotten a few tiny T's and I like to wear them every now and then with jeans. My pants seem to be losing length every time I wash them so I kinda have a look out for the flood look. I don't want to buy new clothes cause my weight is up a bit and if I buy new clothes it will be an excuse to stay at this weight. Oh well, maybe this summer I can get some new clothes. Hi to everyone. I have a meeting so I've gotta fly. I'll check back later.
KT
Old 02-05-2003, 12:24 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls just a quickie I'm at work
have to find a new bariatric surgeon b/c the one i wanted to go to was not in network on my insurance and its too damn expensive to pay out of network fees and he was my sis' doc so now the hunt is on
My eatings been super crap
lunch today was a wendys meal and a diet drP i feel so gross I've been bad lately thats why i haven't posted
as for the poll i chose form fitting b/c i like clothes that fit really well baggy clothes make me look square

bbiab to share the GOOD stuff thats been going on
Love
Kier
Old 02-05-2003, 12:44 PM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Hey, I just have a second, thought I'd attach the latest pic of Carmen.....BBL
Old 02-05-2003, 12:49 PM   #12  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Oh Belle, she is so cute! What a sweet smile. You'd never know to look at her what a little miracle she is!

Rina, the reason that the url doesn't work is that I knew it was something like that but I wasn't sure. I have an email to my sis to give me the real url, but in the meantime, that was the best I could do.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:54 PM   #13  

Well I am home from work and had a much needed break from my 2 year old...who is SO going thru the terrible two's!!

Jayne....Your Ya ya name is: Duchess Tiger Lily

Anyone else who wants to know there YA YA name the site addy is: http://www.moviefone.com/features/fe...9568,0&uid=550

Jess: You are so sweet! and you did great at your wi! .2 is nothing!! You can be down that in no time!

Tonya...I hope you test went well!!

KT- I am having a really bad wrist day too. I am actually wearing my working splints and it takes a lot for me to wear them to work. I hope you feel better soon, and that your meds kick in.

Belle....Is Carmen yours??

Angie
Old 02-05-2003, 02:24 PM   #14  

Oh my gosh! My Ya Ya name is:

Princess Clucks like a Chicken!!!!

I want a cool one like Jayne!!!!

Test went well I think. It has been 10 years since I have taken a test for school! I will find out Friday how I did. Now I am working, and reading a chapter for my 3 p.m. class.

A big "Hi" to everyone!!
Old 02-05-2003, 02:27 PM   #15  

OMG! ROFLMAO Tonya, that is sooooo funny!! I am laughing out load....my dog is looking at my like I am a little strange.
Closed Thread