3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

Old 10-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #46

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Bandit: My mom used an electric roaster for years and it worked really well! She always did a huge turkey and then there was never room in the oven for the rest of the items that she wanted to bake so at some point she got one but I was pretty little when she did... she used it for years and years and loved it. I am tempted to get one also, it would really free up the oven on the big holidays.

Impossible is nothing!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #47
Chick

Height: 5'4"

What a great idea----electric roaster.
Bandit, good luck with good choices tonight. Dinner w/gf tomorrow sounds super healthy and good for losing weight.
Enjoy all you're doing.

Yeah, pretty soon I'm going to look at what I need to do for Thanksgiving and get the early shopping done. Not until after the Halloween party, though, because the party kinda turns the house around.
I'm having an OP day and that makes me glad.

Everybody keep on keepin' on. When we get through a weekend without doing too much damage, it's easier for the pounds to come off!
Judy
234.6/186/179 and thinner
Old 10-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #48

Not doing so great right now. It is that TOM but in all honesty I have made a few real bad choices the past week. I am feeling bad about my weigh in. I think I have gained atleast +1.6 pounds this week. I see that some of us have lost weight and others have gained a little so I guess I am not alone. I guess I am feeling bad because I let my emotions get in the way and ate to stuff them down. I will keep trying. Today starts a new week so far I am off to a good start.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #49

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

hey everyone .. just a quick shout out to say Im here and reading LOL.. it's been a fun filled day.. worked and then came home to have enough time to change and my dh took me to see "The Help" .. awesome movie - recommend it to everyone.. the ending song "Living Proof" had me in tears as it resonated(sp) with me so much.. anyway managed to have a snack of my own and bottle of water during the show so happy with that..

thank you to everyone for the encouraging words - especially the I will be seeing less of you soon.. scooping that one !!!

CherryAutumn ((hugs)) as I know what that scale going up can do to you... so take it for what it was -put it in the past and just go forward...

oh dear I heard my dh talking to the tv which means his Tigers can't be fairing well in this playoff game... snuggle time might comfort him LOL..

take care cya tomorrow!!

Last edited by Taylorsjourney; 10-15-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #50

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Chilly this morning but not as bad as yesterday morning! DH and I did go to the farmers market and also took the dogs for a walk and took the "Chucker" with us, it is a ball slinger for the German Shep dog... he is all about chasing the ball lol and without the chucker we would have really sore arms! He is just tireless when it comes to that silly ball but a much happier dog when we are done, he even carries the ball home he is a really good boy!

Eating yesterday was ok, I could have done better and plan on it today, we are having company over to watch the game so I have that menu planned out, sandwich fixins with lots of veggie stackers, etc and fruit on the side with some other options. D-SIL is gluten intolerant and while we were at the farmers market we found a stand that had gluten free baked yummy stand so we grabbed a few things for her, she usually is the forgotton on at family gatherings so we were thrilled to find that stand!

Taylor: I read that book and it was really fabulous, I am eager to see the movie. DH is a huge Cinci Reds fan so I am really familiar with the whole talking (yelling) at the TV thing... LOL, good luck!

Judy: I know you guys throw a wonderful and time consuming Halloween Party so good luck with everything and we have a while before we need to worry about Thanksgiving so that will help us all to prepare for it.

Cherry: I feel your pain! Ugh, and I busted my butt last week and still had a gain so I know how bad it can feel... shake it off and get back on the wagon, we all fall, the key is to just keep getting up no matter how tired we are or how sore our butts are from falling off that darned wagon!

Have a great day everyone! Thinking I might head to the gym for a swim or a cycle class, not sure yet but I have time before company arrives.

Impossible is nothing!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #51

Good evening everyone.. woke up early this morning and took to a walk.. can you say oh my gosh was it cold.. I`m hoping I burned a few extra calories just keeping me warm...

Princess - I laughed when I read about your DH .. it did not fair well for my hubby and then today I got to endure it again when his Lions lost in the final minutes... I figure he works so hard in the fields that if this is a stress release for him - well what the heck... going to have to check out that chucker as our lab just loves to play ball .. the kids get tired before she does LOL..

well I had a pretty good day and I`ve got one more glass of water in to make my quota LOL... there are just some days it`s easy and others you couldn`t pay me to drink it...

have an awesome evening!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:55 AM   #52

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All Welcome to Monday!

Busy weekend, not sure where it went!
Saturday went to a wine/food tasting hosted by our friends, we had to bring a wine and food from a country it was fun, lots of different things to try.

We have moved my Mom to a retirement home, so extra busy visiting and packing up her apartment, she keeps saying she will adjust, I think she knows it is the right place for her, but just isn't ready to admit it!

Many posts! Will have to catch up later, hope everyone is well, and staying on track, keep at it gals, we are succeeding!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #53
jeanne

Hi everyone! I hope that you don't mind another 3fc'er.....

My name is Jeanne, I was around here in the 80's & 90's for years. Left for many and then returned again in 2000something! I joined ww again in Dec. of 2009 and lost 68# (again) and have recently gained 25 back.
So... I got back at it and am down 7! Thank goodness! I jumped in on your accountability challenge too!
I work for a chocolate/bakery company....I have been there 7 years, so life on a diet HAS BY ALL MEANS - NOT BEEN EASY!!!! They actually owned a couple of Hallmark/Gift Shops and that is where my "main" job was until they downsized! Was laid off for 10 months and just recently got called back! But the only store left is the choc./bakery one! lol!
I have two grown children.....jessica 24 and kaitlin 19.....Married and have a sweet ol' dog we adopted many many years ago. I love to read and crochet and work outside.....(and shop)!
Well, thats about it. I look forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you! I also have the greatest friends here at 3FC on Thursdays Chatters.....

She had not known the weight, until she felt the freedom
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #54

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! We had a busy weekend here, eating was not great yesterday but I did make it to the gym for a partial cycle class, the teacher did not show up so I just stayed and cycled for a while anyway, got in about 8 miles for 32 minutes. I am heading to the gym now for an aquafit class and will be back to post more later today.

Welcome to Jar we are thrilled to have you with us!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #55

good morning everyone = WELCOME JEANNE...

this morning has started on a great note for me.. been up and got my treadmill workout in already.. I tested myself a bit today and managed 4 miles in 65 minutes which for me is awesome.. tooting my horn here - lol it just makes starting my day on such a positive way... also knowing I don't have to do anymore the rest of the day is a bonus..

Terro - your wine/food party sounded like fun.. I hope your Mom transitions smoothly.. it really is an adjustment but when it's for the best it's also piece of mind too..

Jar - wow a choc/bakery.. that would be a test for me every day I go in... I've often wondered if working in a place like that makes the desire for sweets less.. welcome again!!

Princess - awesome job on your spin class.. wow 8 miles in 32 minutes - you were bookin it girl.. that's wonderful...

it is a perfect fall day here today.. sun is shining , wind blowing and a bit brisk but I will take it.. I do really enjoy this time of year...

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #56

Jeanne- Welcome to the group. Everyone is very supportive and gives great advice.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #57

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone. I am not having an on plan day and I am okay with that. I was feeling a little better. Then I decided to clean so everything flared back up. I am thankful that I am off today and tomorrow. Crosses finger that I don't catch the flu. I am still feeling drained but I can breathe through my nose again. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so we shall see.

Hope everyone has a good day. I am off to run some errands.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #58
jeanne

Just a quick note.....

**Bandit - I LOVE LOVE MY ROASTER!!!!! It is so great to have on Thanksgiving Day!

**Princess - I put the applesauce mixture in my crockpot this morning! I let it cook on high for several hours. THEN....I couldn't wait...lol...I put a big scoop in a dessert dish and added cool whip lite! Ahhhh, it was so good! Then I added the cornstarch and now it is simmering on low and my house smells amazing!

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome!

She had not known the weight, until she felt the freedom
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #59
Chick

Hi Turtles,
to Jar/Jeanne . You're going to love this group. We've all been through so much with dieting/weight control and fitness. Right now we're really rocking it and it feels so good. Thanks for joining us. I love the quotes you have at the bottom of your signature!! To intro myself, I'm a retired elementary teacher. Married with three married children and three grandchildren. My dh and I throw lots of family parties throughout the year.
I like to crochet and read, too and I like to get together with friends. Good to have you with us. I think it's awesome that you've had spectacular weight losses and so smart to get right back at it instead of allowing more weight to come back. Weigh to go!

Princess, so glad you exercised yesterday. I think anyone else might have just "counted themselves lucky" when the instructor didn't show and Lol would have walked out the door. So good for you for sticking it out.

Chery, bad choices happen all the time. We're working to improve them, especially when emotions are involved. Look at your bottom line----27# down is fabulous. :

Taylors, The Help was a great book. Very heartwarming. I was in the south in the early 60's and couldn't believe the separate bathrooms, etc. Very uncivilized and sad. Hey, you had me laughing at your "very cold walk." That's got to burn more calories!!!! It's nice that you had a good day and you got your water in. WEigh to go.

Terri, I am sorry about your Mom needing to go to a retirement home. It's a hard choice and she seems to be valiant about it. So great that you're a part of this group and ,yes, we are succeeding. How about that? :

Life4evr, here's : for a : Glad you're starting to feel better.

Bandit, hi there!

Yesterday was a good day for me. I had to cope and adjust my food because my dgs wanted to eat out-----I had a chopped salad for dinner and tried not to eat the fattening parts---like bacon and avacado ---and I did okay. Need to get back on the boardwalk. Maybe I'll go now.

I'll set up a new thread because we're all chiming in so often that we're burning up the airwaves. See you all at #266 Bale of Turtles Outdoing OUrselves!!!!
Judy
234.6/186/179 and thinner