Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 07:42 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Talking Happy Friday

Friday...finally! I have been MIA the past couple of days, I know. Sorry! Anyways, I finally went to WI last night...gained .2 in 2 weeks (I didn't go last week). I have to lose .8 this week to make lifetime. Keep your fingers crossed!

Well yesterday was my first OP day in a LONG TIME. Prolly couple of weeks. I wrote everything down...went over my max by 3 points but I didn't really care cause I needed that chocolate pudding last night haha.

Be back later....!
Old 01-31-2003, 09:24 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Morning Ladies. Sorry that I have not been around lately. I really appreciate your PMs and emails to make sure all was ok. We are just having bad computer troubles. I can still internet, though, and occasionally a burst of mail comes through for me.

I've spent the last two weeks doing the Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Wasl DVD daily, only missing one day (due to bad hangover... ) I don't know if it's making a difference or not. I do know that on Tuesday at weigh-in, I fully expected a many-pound gain because of my terrible eating, and I was only up .4. So now I am back on track pointswise and exercise wise. It almost seemed like I had to let the eating go for a week or so just to get the exercise to be the daily habit that it now is. I think it's worth it in the long run as long as I have it established now, though.

I'm going and reading old posts as I can...lots of catching up to do.

Later, Gators!
Old 01-31-2003, 10:10 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lori - you can do it! You can lose .8 just by sucking down massive quantities of water for a week.

Jayne - so glad you're back! I was worrying about you. Can you tell us the story behind the hangover? I need to live vicariously through others! I'm really proud of you for keeping up with the WATP DVD's. That is quite an accomplishment

So far today I've consumed a 40 oz diet cafinated coke, a bagel with real cream cheese, 2 slices of bacon and 4 pieces of candy. I am so out of control! It has been a really bad week at work (as though I needed that this particular week!) and for some reason today I keep putting food in my mouth because I'm terrified that if one more thing goes wrong at work, I'll burst into tears.

Alright, I'm going to take my negative attitude back to work. I'll check in later.

Laura
Old 01-31-2003, 10:29 AM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Laura, Hang int here girl. I hope the day goes by fast & to make up for its crappiness you have an extremely wonderful weekend! You deserve it. Now just walk away from the food.

Lori, glad to see you. 0.8 is soooo close! You can do that easy! Look how far you've come!

Well. let me tell you girls I am feeling much more motivated today. Thank goodness! It has been a horrible week for getting healthy. I still have my headache but I have a massage i an hour & a half so hopefully that will take care of it. My neck is extremely tight right now. Anyway I went shopping last night & I actually had fun but it was a good eye opener. I couldn't find any work clothes which sucked. I then shifted my focus to clothes that I liked that aren't appropriate for work-like jeans!! I ended up with two pairs of comfy pants-one is made of terry & the other are sweats & none really cute pair of dark jeans. Regularly it would've cost me $200 but b/c of their huge sale it only cost me $56! Yippee! Then I bought myself 6 pairs of new undies b/c I need them so desperately. Anyway I am a little puzzled. When I went shopping in November at 285lbs I wore a 24 comfortably but last night 13lbs lighter the 24s were really tight & I had to get a 26 for my jeans!! What isup with that?? I thought well maybe its b/c I have my period but that shouldn't make that big a difference right? Its very puzzling & a little disappointing b/c I would think that being down 13lbs would make a 24 looser. So weird. Has this ever happened to any of you? I was disappointed b/c they had this sweet long silver skirt in a 24 for $9 regular $50 & it just didn't look good b/c it was too sung across the belly. Argh. I thought about buying it anyway & shrinking into it but I didn't have a shirt to match & it seemed silly to buya whole outfir that I can't wear. Anyway after my shopping experience (7 looking at myself in the changing room mirrors) I really started to think about my lack of motivation & my reasons for needing to lose weight. I thought about the changes I need to make & I feel ready to head down that road. So here I am today back OP, fully committed, ready for the challenge. Now to transfromthat into decreasing numbers! I know part of my problem is patience with the whole process. Sometimes it feel like it just takes too long so why even try. Do you guys ever feel like that? Its totally backwards thinking b/c some slow loss is better than no loss at all or the alternative-gaining-ugh! Anyway I am back on track. Now I had better stop this novel & go do some laundry. Talk to you all later-hopefully headache free!!
Old 01-31-2003, 12:26 PM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... quicky because I am busy today again. I am finishing up last minute end of year paper work that needs to be filed today. Really sucks!!!

My grandmother died yesterday. She was almost 94. She had been going downhill for the last 1 1/2 weeks and we expected it. Actually she lived a very long life. We don't expect my grandfather to live much longer either. They have been in a nursing home for several years. About 5 years ago my dad moved them here because his sisters didn't want the responsibility. Long crappy story, but my dad's side of the family is not close at all, in fact I barely know them because they don't associate with us. So my dad (youngest of the 3) is taking care of everything basically. It has been stressful here.

Enough of my long story. That is where I am at. Have a doctors appointment on Monday and get the yucky glucose test. If you don't know what this is... you are lucky. You chug this bottle of orange glucose gunk (after you have fasted all night and morning) that taste wretched. Then they draw your blood and check for gestational diabetes. Just a crappy test and I dread it because it makes me feel really sick.

More later!
Old 01-31-2003, 12:41 PM   #6  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Jen, I am so sorry about your Grandma. Even when you know they've lived a full life and you're ready to deal with it, you're still pretty sad about losing them. You and your family are in my prayers. As for the glucose test, all I can say is, under no circumstances should you let them talk you into one of the "new flavors". They have a cola flavor that I was talked into. It tastes like that thick syrup that comes out of the soda fountain when they need a new CO2 tank...only sweeter. See if they'll put it in the freezer for you for 5 minutes or so...it's better colder. Can you tell I've had like 5 of these?

Rina, do you think that the pants you got are more of a classic fit rather than the relaxed fit you may have been wearing in the 24's? The only other thing I can think of is that maybe this stuff was clearanced because it ran small and no one wanted to pay full price for clothes that were above their normal size. Are you doing any weight working out that might cause you to bulk? Well, regardless of the size, if you have cute new pants that look nice on you, good for you -- who cares what the label says? And if you care, rip 'em out!!!

Laura, I don't think you're doing too badly today. You're probably around, what 10 points? You could still salvage it. A big salad with FF dressing for lunch, and a grilled chicken breast with a small potato and a veggie for dinner, and you're still in like a slim jim! Or shall I say like a Slim Laura! I have faith in you, girlfriend!!!

Lori, I'm proud of you for only 3 points. Once I see that I've broken the daily points barrier I adopt this whole "what the ****" attitude and it all goes in a handbasket. But 3 over is a big step in the right direction. A good workout today could even negate that for you. Do you think that the busyness of your second babysitting job keeps your mind away from food, or that the stress of it leads you to eat more? I am examining this for myself, with my 20 hour a week job, my 4 voice students, my directing 2 choirs at church, and my singing in a Chorale that rehearses for 2 hours a week, not to mention our 2 weekly hours of volleyball. I am asking so I can get insite into what would help me...keeping up the busyness so I don't have time to eat, or turning down the stress so I'm not driven to eat. What do you think?

BBL to check in with y'all!
Old 01-31-2003, 12:44 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone!
Rina - I think we've all been exactly where you are at some point. Good for you for re-committing and not giving up. And what fantastic deals you got! You're making me want to go shopping.
Laura - chin up, the weekend's coming.
Jayne - way to go with your workouts - keep up the great work!
Lori - you can do it!!! .8 is not a whole lot - go lifetime!
OK - I have nothing to do today so I'll be around. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
KT
Old 01-31-2003, 12:55 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Wow, that took me so long to post I have to say hi to Jen. My friend (due April 27th) had the glucose test on Monday. She liked the orange stuff. She said it tasted like orange pop, which she loves. Maybe she's just really strange.
KT
Old 01-31-2003, 02:03 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Jayne, we only have the orange flavor, and they gave it to me already, so I am getting it super cold. Last time I remembered it tasted like melted orange Pez, which I don't like. Kind of chalky too. But I am a fast chugger and that is what I will do. But it does a number on my belly. That is Monday at 8:00 am.

Then, my grandmothers funeral is Monday also, haven't heard when tho. So next week is going to be a crazy mixed up week. We are also planning to start moving part of the office then too!
Old 01-31-2003, 03:33 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

GUess what! Its snowing & we warmed up to -5C !! Its so awesome!! I think I am going to go for a nice long walk today My massage was wonderful & my headache is pretty much gone. I just need to do my home care so it disappears completely. I am in such a better mood. Maybe tonight I'll be able to sleep better. I had to go do some running around after my treatment & then i was starving. I managed to talk myself out of fast food & went for a nice healthy low point sub & let me tell you it was delish! I even managed to avoid the candy aisle in Wal-Mart (its evil I tell ya! ) For supper we are having toasted Denver sandwiches made with egg substitute & low fat, multigrain bread so it will be pretty low in points too Tonight we're going indoor minigolfing with some friends & then out for coffee. It should be fun even though I really suck at mini-golf!

Jayne, I think you are probably right. These are the first pair of jeans I have bought in probably four years. I can't wear jeans at work so all I have is dressy-professional type pants which don't fit like jeans. I have no idea what to tell you about the stress-busy-ness eating correlation. I think I eat more when I'm stressed but when I am busy I also get over hungry & then pig out. I'm with you on the going over your points what the **** attitude. I totally do that which is really silly. Btw I thought as I was reading, your comments are so nice & positive. Thanks for that!

Jen, sorry about your GM. Your test sounds yucky. Do you get to drink water right after to get rid of the taste? I hope you have a good weekend despite all your stresses.

KT, you know its weird. I have had one really bad WW week & a bad attitude all week & yet it feels like I was away from ti so long! I think that's good though b/c now it feels fresh again. Are you watching the All-star game this weekend? I think the young starts game should be a good game. They all want to prove themselves. I love hockey!!!
Old 01-31-2003, 03:59 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jen: I'm very sorry about your grandmother. I hope you and your family are holding up OK. Even when deaths are expected, it's never easy.

Jayne: Good to "see" you.

Rina: Pants shopping. Ugh. I really, really need to go. My mom got me a gift card to Old Navy for Christmas (because their pants actually fit me ... they have petites in size 16), but I haven't been because I've gained about 6 pounds since my wedding. I just patched the holes on my one pair of jeans that fit so I wouldn't have to buy new ones just yet. I feel icky and really need to get back on track, but I guess I've been stress-eating a lot. I need to think of this all as new job, new me!

Actually, I'm thinking of dying my hair red. What you do think? I want it the color of Kate Winslet's in Titanic. (I was bored last Sunday and watched it on video.) I'm just chicken. I have blonde hair, more on the dark blonde side, but it has red highlights in it so I was wondering how it would look. I tried some of that temporary, wash-out-in-16-shampoos kind but it washed out in two shampoos. My hair has never taken to coloring very well, so maybe I'm just stuck.

Anyway ... that's all my news. The announcement that I'm leaving went out at work today so I've been fielding "congrats" and "don't leaves" all day. This is going to be much harder than I thought ... I've been here almost four and a half years!

Hello to everyone!
Old 01-31-2003, 04:14 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Rina - you know I'm watching the all-stars games. It will be fun to see how the different players interact when they are on the same team. My stupid boys tied AGAIN last night. Hopefully they'll come back stronger after the break.
Kim - I forgot to say congrats and best of luck on your new job - BTW - I loved that red hair color. I say do it. It should be fun.
KT
Old 01-31-2003, 04:43 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Unhappy Hi...

I just had a bad gym experience and I wanted to share. I have not had a bad experience so far at this gym, with the exception of numerous exhibitionists.

Anyway, here is the thing. I have been going to step or step/pump classes the past month - I think I have done maybe 4 classes at the most. ANyway, I am not super coordinated, plus I find with the weights it is very difficult. Well today there was a new intstructor and she was very tough. We did stuff where I'd lose my balance and get mixed up. Anyway, she kept coming back and checking on me and it was pissing me off because I DID the moves, I just wasn't jumping (due to compression fractures in back) and so I was doing the low impact moves, as I must do. Anyway, she came to see me after the class and said "was that OK for you - you didn't seem to be keeping up iwht the class". THat pissed me off b/c I was doing everythign just as well as the class (except that I ama bit uncoordinated) just not doing anything high impact. So then all these other gym-bunnies start coming up and going "oh, you are doing so good, I was watching you and you are doing well for your level".

So can we say "I will never do that class again"????? I was super embarassed that she approached me in the first place. I told her I had a back injury and that I had to be careful and she didn't respond. But then the other women coming up was worse. I felt like the fat kid that couldnt' play with the other kids b/c of her weight. You know??

UGH - just when I was getting over my phobias about working out in front of other people this happens. I guess I'll just switch to doing bikes/treadmills and weights on my own.

OH and my co-worker (who is half asian and weighs maybe 120lbs soaking wet) went along too and was trying to make light of it, saying "oh, looks ike you are teachers pet". It was too embarassing for words. Bad enough she's seen me naked.

Anyway, I had to vent....thanks for "listening". Sorry I don't have time to reply properly....I just thought you guys would understand....

BBL....
Old 01-31-2003, 06:48 PM   #14  
Canadian Chick

Belle, That's awful. Really you should complain to the gym people. Of course that's easy to say, harder to do. I know in those situations I tend to want to make myself invisible. Glad you still plan on going to that gym. For me it would be enough to make me not go there again. Sorry that it happened to you!

Kim, I used to not be able to get color to stay in my hair either but then I tried using actual natural henna rather than dye. It works & it lasts & lasts & lasts! I used to be able to get this really awesome auburn one but I have no idea what company made it. A long time ago I could by it at any drugstore but I have no idea if you can still get it. If you can't find henna at a regular store try a health food store. Stress eating is so hard to handle. I hope you figure out some other way to deal with it. Pants shopping is something I always dread but I actually had fun yesterday! Crazy!

KT, at least they tied. My team is doing horribly lately. I think we should almost scrap the whole season, try to end up last so we end up with a wicked position in the draft. That said who could stand to not try? To make the playoffs though we pretty much have to win every game from now & I doubt that's going to happen I hope this break will give them a boost so they can come back & win win WIN!!
Closed Thread