#264 Bale of Turtles Gearing Up! - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 10-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #31  

I guess I was a little late posting in the weigh in thread. My weigh ins are on Saturday from home so I wasnt sure what to do. Maybe I will switch to Friday. I was down -1.4 this week. Onward and downward. I seem to be doing ok so far. For some reason this week I am struggling with myself with the munchies. Like I want to stuff my face with the kids fish crackers , or a thing of saltines. I think it is the carb addiction getting to me.

Hope everyone is doing good this weekend. I will check back in later to read any new posts.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

well, i survived my 11 miles yesterday I walked quite a bit of it too though, and stopped for water and restrooms and all that jazz, so it ended up taking me 3 hours. I could have done it in 2 1/2 if I didnt wait in line for the restrooms lol.

So last night I put some steel cut oats in the crock pot with some goodies and added bananas and walnuts to it this morning, and YUMMY! OMGoodness, it was heavenly! I made the recipe on the WW website you all have to try it if you havent already!! the only thing i changed was putting the oats in the crock pot the night before and just adding bananas and walnuts and a packet of splenda this morning. It wasn't quite sweet enough for my liking. All but 1 of my kids loved it, and he's got a texture issue

It's off to church for us this morning and home to clean/rest this afternoon....

Judy-It sounds like you had a great time, it's always nice to get away from home if even for the day.
Cherry-WTG on your loss!! That's wonderful!!
life4ever- my boot camp instructor always tells me "if you fall down 7 times, you get up 8" it's a new day, learn from your mistakes and you'll do great!
Princess-Praying for both you and your husband!!

Here's the recipe in case anyone is interested Happy Sunday all!!

Banana nut steel cut oatmeal
4 cup(s) water
1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
1 cup(s) Hodgson Mill Steel cut oats, or other brand
2 medium banana(s), ripe, mashed
1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tsp unsalted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup(s) low-fat milk
8 tsp chopped walnuts
Instructions

Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in oats and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until oats are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes; remove from heat. Gently stir in bananas, sugar, butter and vanilla; stir in milk. Serve oatmeal topped with walnuts. Yields about 1 cup oatmeal and 2 teaspoons walnuts per serving.
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Good afternoon everyone!!.. Well I attended a beautiful wedding yesterday and enjoyed myself in all ways.. I had saved my weekly pts as well as my activity pts for this day LOL.. I'm hoping with all the dancing I did last night I recouped some of those activity points.. I had mentally given myself persmission not to feel guilty for any decisions I made and I think that went a long way for me not to go "hog wild" .. I did taste, drink anything I wanted to but I found that "knowing " I could took the edge off.. today is a new day I'm right back on program and not going to bully myself if the scale doesn't reflect in my favour.. LOL..

CherryAutumn congratulations on your loss - that is fantastic.. I find I crave the carbs when I am close to TOM..

Lots2go - WAY TO GO.. I am so in awe of you doing the 11 miles period.. whether you walked, ran, stopped or waited in line for a nature break that fact is you set out to do an 11 mile run and you did.. BRAVO my friend that is an accomplishment!!..

Princess stay positive and believe it will all work out in a fantastic way!!

Alright goal for today is to flush flush flush and beat my water issue.. it's seriously cold/windy outside today for beginning of October but at least the sun is shining so staying inside is a good thing LOL..

Have a great day everyone!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone and happy Sunday to you all! We have a beautiful day here today, very chilly, it was down in the 30's (F) this morning but it is sunny with big bright skies!

We babysat DGS yesterday afternoon and into last night, his parents came home pretty late so just spent the night here but it was very nice to have them with us and the G-baby was so wonderful, really a wonderful time!

Youngest DS and his g-friend came up this afternoon and had lunch with us and then DS helped me to get the gutters cleaned out and the garage cleaned up to get us ready for winter.

DH is taking a nap, we will both be glad when tomorrow is over with but are looking forward to him feeling better.

It looks like everyone is doing really well and that is so great to see! Have a great day all and I will be back online again on Tuesday when I have a minute. For now I am going to grab the leashes and take the dogs to the park, too pretty of a day to waste!

Last edited by Princess1122; 10-02-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone is having a good day. My eating has been a little out of control but i have been tracking it. Let just say I am glad today is the end of my week. I have killed most of my weekly points. Its that time of the month so my chocolate craving is out of control. I feel okay about it because I actually remembered to track it. Other than that my week has been pretty good. I am off work till Wed so that's always nice. Excuse any typos I am typing without glasses or contacts, one of those days eveyone have a good day.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #36  

Hi guys, quick check in and update, I did pretty well over the weekend with eating but need to get some exercise going so am heading to the park now. I was there yesterday and got a few laps in when I migraine hit and I went home.

DH had his heart cath done and is now home resting. He did really well and they did not need to put a stint in! Yah! They feel that he can be treated with meds and a life style change, it was great news.

Back tomorrow to see how everyone is doing.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #37  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well, I'm almost back to normal getting things done around the house, etc.
So good to see this thread hopping. We are doing great. We can do this together!!!

Taylor, I am so glad the wedding was so good. Glad you had a great time and figured out the food. Weigh to go.

Terri, bowel infection-----I am so sorry that happened. I hope the antibiotics can knock the infection out and you won't have to worry any further. : Feel better soon.

Cherry, 24# down is wonderful! I don't care when you lost them. Those pounds are gone. Weigh to go. And another good WI is wonderful. : I admire you knocking off your pounds while juggling such a young family. You go girl!

Life4evr, You're doing great. Good to be OP and feeling good about yourself.
I noticed that your parents volunteered to hide the snacks in the house. Well, I'm going to butt right in and say let them do it! Right now my dh is riding around with our household jar of peanut butter that I need for my dgrandson in his car!!!! No kidding/ He works a couple of nights a week and I found that when he was gone I was helping myself to peanut butter which is yummy and good for you, but very high in calories! So, he was willing to get it out of the house for me. I take help wherever I can get it.

Lots2go, sorry about your gain. FYI, like Princess, I never counted in and ate my activity points. I just think they let me lose a little better. However, I never exercised as much as you do. You rock! 11miles Wow!!!
Keep up the good work. And good luck on your next WI.

Princess, great news about your dh. I am so glad he didn't need the stent and that he did very well with the procedure. : Now he can relax a bit and think about how he wants to improve his health. Having you both on the same page will be a huge help.

Bandit, how are you doing? Are you still with TOPS? :

I've done well. Yesterday my family and I went to dinner. I had small portions, and was fine with that. I had a house salad, a piece of chicken marsala and about 5 forksful of linguine with a marinara sauce. I was full enough and then my dd made lattes at home for us and we had angelfood cake for my cake. Yum. I was going to have a delicious butter frosting on cake, but having overindulged a bit out at Montauk I didn't want to whammy up my weight this week. Losing only a pound a week, I don't want to have a setback where I have to re-lose the same pound over and over. I know you all know how I feel. Soooooooooooo, it made more sense to have a cake I could deal with and still feel like a celebration.
You guys are the best. I love this support. I'll chime in with a WI onFriday and join you all on that site too.
Have a great day and keep on keepin' on!!!!!
Judy
234.6/189.8/169.8 and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #38  

Goood evening everyone.. Monday Monday Monday... so our week begins.. it was cold and little bouts of rain here and there today so perfect day to test out the WW Cream of Broccoli soup.. can you say mmm mmmm good and easy to make.. 3pts for 1 & 3/4 servings and let me tell you it was thick and filling... got my treadmil date in this morning it really is a love hate relationship some days..

Princess so thankful to hear you DH's appointment went so well.. that's just awesome..

Itryharder sounds like you had a wonderful birthday celebration and made some very wise decisions...

Just wanted to check in and say hello and hope everyone is doing great..
Old 10-04-2011, 05:56 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Tuesday!

Princess relieved to hear your husband didn't need the stint! Together you can make lifstyle changes that will be healthy for both of you!

Judy I am feeling a lot better! And was glad to hear yeaterday it wasn't a food related thing! Although am hoping it goes away and dosen't nned ant further testing or treatment. Sounds like you are doing great!

Cherry you just keep at it! Don't give up you are making this work and doing a good job!

Life I love the chocalte a few days a month too, eat a small piece and move on, if you deny yourself then you might go crazy! and eat a whole bunch....

Lots/Taylors Keep at it we are on are way!

Bandit you back yet?

Have an on plan day all.

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #40  

Good morning everyone! Just a quick fly by to read posts and say hello, D-DIL is coming by here soon and we are going to get a Zumba class in down at the gym so I only have a quick minute. I will come back later this afternoon and get some posts done to everyone.

Taylor: Could you please share the Cream of Broc soup recipe?

Back in a bit!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #41  

Good Morning everyone.. moving slow for some reason today.. don't head into work til later so got my workout done and out of the way but wasn't enjoying any part of it today... usually at some point I can get into it but not today makes it feel longer and like a chore

terro glad to hear you are feeling much better and they found out it wasn't food related..

Princess have fun with that zumba class - I have it for the wii and tried it but thought I was going to break my hip LoL..

here is the Cream of Broccoli soup recipe I found off a WW site:

1/4 cup water
1 medium onion
1 medium clove garlic
2 pounds broccoli
4 cups fat free chicken broth
1 cup fat free evapourated milk
salt, pepper and spices to taste..

Place onion and garlic in sauce pan with 1/4 cup water.. simmer about 10 minutes until onion is soft.. spoon into a large pan.

Add broccoli and chicken stock to onion mixture and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling turn down heat, simmer until broccoli is soft but still green ( about 8 minutes) .. do not cover the pot or broccoli will turn gray.

Remove from heat and blend until smooth.. be careful not to fill blender to high or soup will splatter.. ( I did it in batches).. once done add the fat free evapourated milk and spices to taste.. Yields 1 3/4 servings!

Serves 4
PP value is 3
Old 10-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Good Tuesday everyone!!
I need to find an easy recipe for tonight. I ate almost all my points at breakfast and lunch I need to find something thats under 6 points...boy that'll be tasty huh? lol....

Princess-that's great news about your husband...how was your zumba class?

Thanks for the recipe taylor! I'm going to try it soon...i'd love to try zumba for the wii, that sounds fun!! I need to use my wii more often, I've got the biggest loser game and the wii fit...i should do yoga on it!

judy-thanks for the encouragement! weigh to go on your control going out to dinner! you did much better than i normally do!

everyone else--keep up the good work!! You can do this!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #43  
Chick

Lots2go,
How about an eggwhite omelet? Three eggwhites makes a pretty good sized omelet. Stuff it with all sorts of veggies and you're still at only 1 point plus if you use Pam to spray your pan. A cup of boullion with a few veggies in it is easy and basically free of points. You'll still have a few points plus to fill in what you'd like to eat, but this could give you a good start.

My computer won't let me back up and see page 2, so I'm sorry I can't respond to those Turtles.

Taylors, love the recipe. Thanks. We're really getting into soup season. I love to have soup in my fridge just waiting to reheat.

Good day today. Late breakfast. Met my best high school friend for lunch today-----hadn't seen her in 25years and we both live on L.I. crazy. She's as trim as she was in high school. I'm lively, but she's trim. Lol. Well, I'm getting there and I'm not as heavy as I was, so those are both good things.

For lunch I was able to get an unsweetened tea and a house salad. I got a huge one, but skipped the chicken to keep calories as low as possible. I have been hungry all day, so I think I'll go and have the rest of the salad I took home. I had started snacking on cashew nuts and that's a bad sign for me. Nipped it in the bud. (I hope)

Here's : to us all. I'll figure out how to post my weight loss on Friday. I think I will take my WW WI figure and simply post it on Friday. That should work. I'll also see what the rest of you are doing. Thanks Princess for listing our challenge goals again. Great help.
Gotta run, good "chatting" with you.
Judy
234.6/189.8/169 and thinner
Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Princess glad he did not need a stint put in. Also enjoy Zumba that is one thing I do mess about my gym membership.

Itryharder my parents have done it before and it really didn't bother me. So far there is no need to hide them. After the sugar crash I had after eating them I am over them LOL.

Lots2go I am a salad girl when I dont have alot of points left. We tend to keep grilled chicken around the house. So a big salad with a piece of that usually works for me. With some fruit on the side.

Taylorsjourney I am right there with you about the workout. I got mine in today also but i had to drag myself to the living room to do it. But I was glad I had did it when I was done. Also I have tried that recipe and it was actually pretty good.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Hope everyone is doing well and have a goodnight.

Opps I am sleepy I forgot to give my update. So I managed to exercise today. I am still liking my Ea sports active game. I have discovered that my cardio has really went down, which isn't a good sign at all. So while I was jogging/running in place that whole feeling like I was going to throw up started. So when I paused to catch my breath I realized I was really outta breath. So I am keeping an eye out on it. I am hoping it's because I have been having sinus/allergies issues lately and nothing else. I weighed in today I was down 4# woo hoo. Back under 280 again, which my body seems to think is its happy weight but it isn't. So needless to say the warning from weight watchers popped up. I know the reason why I dropped that many lbs is because I shocked my body by actually exercising and avoiding fast food. My wallet thanks me also for that one. Sorry kind of long winded. Hope everyone has a goodnight. I am trying to decide what I am going to cook Thursday since that is my day off.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #45  
Chick

Life4evr,
You can never be too long winded. We say what we need to say, when we need to say it! Yay. and : for such a spectacular weight loss. I am so happy for you! You rock.

Just had to say a big congrats to you. Exercise and no fast foods really paid off for you.
Judy
234.6/188.6/169 and thinner