Old 09-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Judy: Thanks for taking such good care of us Turtles and setting up the new thread! It is greatly appreciated! I am off to find the summary of the challenge and will be back to post it.

Edited to add the info about "The Turtles Biggest Loser Challenge"

I am totally up for the competition so just to recap so I am sure I understand:
  • Exercise 3 Times a Week
  • Eat within our points/calories
  • Give support to the group
  • Keep a food journal
  • Try 1 new meal/recipe every week (on plan)
  • Drink our water
  • Make a personal weight loss goal to have, and the end of the show will be our target date

I also posted this over on the other thread so we have it both places, hope this helps!

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-29-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #17  

Princess- You asked about my kids. One is school age and one not far behind but I am Homeschooling them for multiple reasons so I dont really get a break.

I have a Saturday and a Wed. weigh in day so I am not sure what to go by for the Friday weigh in thread. Any suggestions about how we should go about this.

Judy - I havent updated by ticker yet but I think I am at 25 pounds down total. It doesnt seem like that much because It has been over several years and this past effort has been only 14 pounds down.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone. Yeah and I felt horrible after eating them. I physically felt messed up. It through me into a spiral which I did track.

Itryharder we do keep snacks in the house. Which I can usually ignore. But it was one of those moments. My mom goes through spurts of buying junk food. My folks are crazy. They told me they would be happy to hide it from me.

I am not sure what recipe I am going to try out this week. I have exercised twice this week so I am doing okay on that front. I also learned that exercising on a completely empty stomach is a not a good. My dinner is packed since I work tonight. I may have to get some tootsie rolls to help with my chocolate cravings.

Hope everyone has a good day. I am off to get ready for work.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Hi there everyone... today is another cloudy day and might I say I am tired of seeing rain in our forecast.. it's like we can get thru part of the day and then those sprinkles hit us and the mood sinks with it.. I'm married to a farmer who would love to get the crops off with little "mucking" of the dirt but that doesn't seem possible..

I did get my treadmill workout in before leaving for work but once there I got all of schedule with my eating.. so I'm now having my lunch for supper and thinking when will I get my supper in.. I don't know if WW has a time they want you to try to eat after so if anyone knows I would appreciate that..

if tomorrow is our first BL wi and my wi day is Monday do you want me to do 2 WI's LOL...I have a wedding Saturday so maybe it would work better in favour but then again its TOM so maybe not HAHAHAHA oh which way to weigh!!!

Itryharder I have no clue how to private message but I will tell you the program I did was called Ideal Protein .. it is a high protein, low carb no sugar diet.. you eat what one called astronaut like food for breakfast and lunch ( high protein powder in foil packages made to taste like food).. then supper was a meal within their guideline.. if I checked it once the total calories for a day didn't go over 700 ..there is a 3fc site for that program which is how I came across this one out of curiousity to see if a site for WW existed... the paperwork I was given - and the book I read listed very few side effects - more like headaches when detoxing.. sleep interruption because of fat decreasing body changes etc... I new of a naturopath who voiced concerns about the high protein but she was thinking more along the galbladder so I took an omega 3,6,9 fish oil supplement so my galbladder wouldnt "dry out".. other then that I never heard anything about the eyesight.. when I finished the program ( last November) it was like well here you go you're done off you go.. the leader of this program wasn't the greatest in direction and you began to feel like a money maker then a person trying to figure out how to solve a weight issue.. my eyesight has slowly started to change shortly after that .. I didn't put the link together until I ran into someone who once did the program as well and she was commenting on her eyesight change.. so i made a few calls to others and then locate the one employee who had left the place of business to ask about any side effects.. their really isn't to much I can do to gain it back I can only strengthen what I have now .. so bring on the carrot juice (or not) ...it's more just a nuisance with the reading of things .. I am now a person who moves things back and forward til it adjusts which is where at some point we all get to - I just got there a little faster.. that's the whole bit about that program.. everyone is affected differently and for me this was how it worked on me..

wow I warned you I could be long winded at times.. LOL..

I am working on the new meal for the challenge so will have to see what I can do to accomplish that.. I wish everyone an awesome evening and some great WI's tomorrow!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #20  

Good morning everyone and happy Friday! Cold and rainy here again today so I feel Taylor's pain there, we have had our fair share of rain this last week or so but were so dry before that we were in drought conditions so I guess the rain is good for us.

Well W/I was not what I had hoped and I posted my update over on the other thread. I did a lot of eating out and b-day celebrating so I would say that over all a loss of anykind is pretty darned good... however, it is not good enough for the challenge and I am running behind what I need to personally do to get to my goal. I think that the eating is really falling into place so it is time to step up the exercise!

Today is my last day here at work so Monday starts a new chapter for me, take some time off and then find another job - I think I have a pretty good plan in place for while I am at home, stay BUSY! We have to see what Monday brings with DH as that might change my plans a bit but other than that I am ready to get busy at home and get some long overdue things done and do some classes at the gym with my D-DIL.

Have to run! Have a great day all! Bandit is on vacation and Judy is away for a few days but I am sure we will hear from them when they get back - I can't wait to hear about Cuba!

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-30-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

UGH! I'm so disappointed...I just got home from my WI and i gained 1.8 I was at 189.4, now I'm back to the 190s at 191.2. I was so excited to be in the 180s....oh well, its time to experiment with my activity points, I'm not sure if I want to try eating them all this week or eating none this week...

Hope everyone is doing well this Friday morning! What new recipe are you all going to try this week? I need some ideas!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #22  

Lots:
When I think back to when I was very successful on Weight Watchers (a couple of years ago) and was losing really well and doing a lot of exercising I am 100% positive that I ate my daily and weekly points but never even bothered to calculate my activity points because I never used them. I would try not using them this next week and see how it goes.

Maybe really watch your salt intake and increase your water if you can, see if that can get things flushed out. Also, if you try staggering your weekly points to have high point days and then low points days (make sure you have two low points days right before your weigh in) sometimes that kicks things up a bit and gets your motabolisim moving again. Just a thought.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #23  

Thanks Princess I think I'm going to try that this week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess1122 View Post
Lots:
When I think back to when I was very successful on Weight Watchers (a couple of years ago) and was losing really well and doing a lot of exercising I am 100% positive that I ate my daily and weekly points but never even bothered to calculate my activity points because I never used them. I would try not using them this next week and see how it goes.

Maybe really watch your salt intake and increase your water if you can, see if that can get things flushed out. Also, if you try staggering your weekly points to have high point days and then low points days (make sure you have two low points days right before your weigh in) sometimes that kicks things up a bit and gets your motabolisim moving again. Just a thought.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #24  

TGIF or what.. seriously this weather is unreal where I am at.. it is 49C out there today.. thats take out the flannels and pull on the woolies.. even though I'm Canadian we don't usually have it this cold this early... plus with rain to boot -- yikes..

Congrats Princess on showing a loss with all you had going on this week..
Lots2go did I read you are doing a 11 mile run tomorrow.. oh my goodness that is awesome.. maybe it was muscle movement that had you go up this week but Princess gave you some awesome advice that I'm going to try out..

wishing everyone a great weekend.. tomorrow a friend gets married and we are all so excited for her.. I just pray they let it be her day as some of the drama I have witnessed so far has definately not been pretty..
Old 09-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #25  

Yep 11 miles tomorrow...I'm training for a 1/2 marathon. I started working out hardcore about 6 months ago, I do something no less than 5 days a week, and most typically 6 days. 3 days high impact boot camp, and 3 days running I usually do about 3 miles on tues, and thurs and then my long runs which vary on saturday. last week it was 7 this week 11 next week 8 etc...

So Taylor, how cold is that in Fahrenheit? I'm no good at that, but looking at calculators online it cant be right....it shows its like 120 lol
Old 09-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #26  

Lots2go.....hahahahaha oops I had that wrong .. it's 49 Farenheit.. to much time on the treadmill must of messed with my thinking... hey break a leg tomorrow with your run... what an amazing accomplishment that will be!!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #27  

lol i was thinking, "wow, flannels in 120 degrees huh?" it was 110-115 most of the summer here and it was MISERABLE......I hope i survive tomorrow, it's the farthest I've ever gone, up to now its been 9 miles, i missed our 10 mile run 2 weeks ago so i'm going from 9 to 11.....ugh, sometimes i wonder why it is that i'm doing this lol
Old 09-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone had a good day. I have managed to stay on plan. Which is major for me. I even managed not to stop at fast food, while I was out and got hungry. Didn't exercis today. Delaying a meal threw my energy level off. Tried a new recipe pea soup. It was okay. Everyone have a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All Cold weekend here! Fall wind is blowing!

Princess happy thoughts for Monday! Heart procedures are pretty routine now, they catch things so early and they are totally treatable, hoping for a positive outcome!!!

Life Keep at it! one off day is ok, I love pea soup too!

Lots Good luck on you run and good for you for doing it You go girl!

Taylor hope your friends wedding is ok, pretty cool and windy here this am, I live about an hour away form Bandit in Peterborough, Ontario.

Bandit thinking of you in Cuba!!!! Hope you are having a great time!!!

Cherry 25 pounds is awesome! I will be celebrating when I hit 25 lbs!!!

Judy hope all is great with you, are you keepin at it?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #30  
Chick

Oh Turtles,
I'm back from Montauk Pt. on the tip of Long Island. My dh, dds and grandson all came out with me to celebrate my birthday early.
I can't respond to all but I wish you all the best.
I must say a big thank you to Taylors----I am sorry you've had this result from a weight loss program. Any program that goes down to 700 calories /day seems suspect. Thanks for such in depth info.
Gotta run, but I'm wishing us all well and I'll chime back in later to respond better. Ha d a wonderful time out at Montauk and relaxed.
Lov,e
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote