Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 09:58 AM   #16  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe,
I didn't even say congrats on yet another great loss! It really is incredible how well you're doing. Great job That ice cream sounds good. I don't buy/eat any fat free dairy stuff, it tastes gross; usually go for the low fat versions. I'd rather use some points and get some taste

Terri,
Thanks for the good words, it means a lot coming from you. You know how I've agonized over this, have been here 3 years w/no losses to speak of This time it feels different.
Enjoy your time w/the kids. I love Lean Cuisines, usually have those for lunch.

Es,
You know it's the Chinese food, and it'll be gone. Especially since you're exercising so often. What day do you weigh? Let's promise each other we'll only get on the scale ONCE a week, ok?

Donna,
I'm 49, from the Chicago area, married 31 yrs., have a daughter who's 28 w/2boys,7 and 2...and a son who's 24. I lost 32 lbs. in 1999, put most of that back on...and am now doing WW Online since Dec. 30. I took a good long look at myself and admitted that if I don't do it now, I never will.

Hey Dianne, Sandy, Cindy, LeeAnn, Janie, Ruth
~Jen
Old 01-28-2003, 10:02 AM   #17  

Jen,
My pleasure. You are a great Lady.
Terri
Old 01-28-2003, 10:22 AM   #18  

Please be patient with me till I learn about each of you and what's going on in your lives.

Terri, I have a sister named Terri also. She has 4 kids. The oldest is 17 and the youngest is 4! Thank you for the birthday wish to my daughter!

Jen, so you are a grandma?! That's great! You know it's all mind set thing isn't it? ONce it's clear that something has to be done and now nothing can stand in our way! (except ourselves alot of the time) Anyway, thanks for introducing yourself to me!

Zoe, that dessert did sound yummy but I don't like those fat free stuff either. I would rather work it on during the day for the points and have some taste! It does sound good though! I saw a interesting recipe on the WW site last night for a snack I may print out and try. It was low in points and I need something good to snack on at night. I have done OK lately but felt some problems while watching the food network last night. Yes, I am a food network oholic!

I worked out this morning in a aerobic class using the balls. I love those things. I get so much out of those things. It's amazing how that concept has come about and it's so much less strain on my back.

Zoe, when are you going on vacation? Where are you going? Hope you have a great time!

I gotta go now. I need to get out of my workout clothes starting to get cold!

Thanks to you all for your patience till I get you guys straight!

Donna
Old 01-28-2003, 07:11 PM   #19  

Angry

Hi

Donna, I'm 48 yrs old. I'll be 49 in April. I have a 31 yr. old son, a great husband, a chihuahua & a cat. I've been on WW since the 80's but never made it to lifetime. I want to lose around 25 lbs. I like to exercise & so does my husband. He likes it more than I do. If it wasn't for the exercise I would be much heavier. My brother is a personal trainer. He is very busy so we don't get to workout together. Exercise is the key. Nice to have you in our group.

Jen, I useto buy FF but not anymore. You're right about no taste. Now I buy low fat, reduced fat or light. Breyers light vanilla ice cream is soooo good.

Zoe, when I was a kid my sister would always take me shopping with her. She would treat me to lunch & always took me to Woolworth's. They had balloons that you would pop & whatever price it had inside you would pay. I always wanted the waffles with ice cream. I remember they were real thick. Ahhh, the good old days. No wonder why I was so chubby.

Terri, whenever Lean Cuisines go on sale I stock up. They are my favorite. Very tasty.

Has anyone tried the Pria Bars? They are so good. It will satisfy a sweet tooth. 2 pts.

Well, my friends, have to get my clothes ready for work tomorrow.

Have a goodnight.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 01-28-2003 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:30 AM   #20  

Es,
What is a Pria Bar?

Terri
Old 01-29-2003, 11:53 AM   #21  

Good question.. what is a Pria Bar? Also, I need to ask you guys something if you know.

I was wondering how many points is it for a subway sandwich? For instance a 6" turkey with no cheese or mayo?

I have a taste for one and thought if it helped Jarred maybe it will help me?!

Thanks! Hope you all are having a great losing day!

Donna

P.S. Es thanks for the intro and welcome! I did do a Pilates class this morning. I will do a cardio class tomorrow. Do you get a plus in points on the days you exercise?
Old 01-29-2003, 12:35 PM   #22  

Angry

Hi

A Pria Bar is made by the Power Bar. It's high in calcium, 110 calories, soy protein & 23 vitamins & minerals. It's an energy bar but it's delicious. Today I'm having Choc. Peanut Butter Crunch for my afternoon snack. I love them.

Donna, you should be counting activity points. They don't want you to use more than 4 a day. I'm sure you're burning way more than 4 in those classes. WTG!

Be back later. Lunch hour is over.

Love,
Es

Old 01-29-2003, 08:05 PM   #23  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

I had lunch today with my niece, JoAnn, at Olive Garden. She is the cancer patient, is 37, with daughters who are 7 and 10.
What an eye-opener! I remember changing her diapers when I used to babysit her...today she was making jokes about her "3rd nipple" (her words), which is the flap of skin covering the port on her chest which they use to administer chemo, etc. Her strength, optimism, and cheerfulness reminded me that it's so important to be happy with our healthy bodies, regardless of how they look.
Points-wise, I did so-so..definitely have to watch it for the remainder of the week!
She insisted that we have lunch together tomorrow, along with one of her sisters who is a police officer in a neighboring suburb. Talk about feast or famine! I sit home every day w/Lean Cuisine, now 2 challenging days in a row. But that's ok...I'll NEVER say "no" to her!

Es, I saw Pria bars in the store, didn't know they were only 2 points. I've got coupons for them, am going to get some this week. Thanks!

Hope everyone's well....stop in and say HI!

luv,
~Jen
Old 01-29-2003, 10:47 PM   #24  

Hello my buds! Wow, I am soooooooooo behind in the postings, holy moly!

First let me welcome Donna to this group of amazing women (so not humble, huh? LOL). We are all buddies here Donna and help each other with lots of good support. Welcome and good luck!

Es - congrats on that 1/2 lb amiga..... every ounce counts, remember? OMG, I remember those balloons at woolworths too! My nana would take me there for banana splits and I enjoyed popping the balloon to find out how much I had to pay, more than the banana split Well...........maybe NOT

Jen -congrats on the 9 lbs - WOW, I think you've heard that "click" everyone talks about. Great job! Glad to hear Matthew's okay, so scary right?

ZoeGirl - You are doing fantastic girl - congrats on being so close to goal. And congrats on the new house. You must be getting so excited about the cruise!

Hi Terri, Janie, Ruth, Sandy, LeeAnn and Cindy - how are you all doing?

Well, last Thursday was the first ww meeting at work. It was cool. The leader seems okay, funny woman, but talks about men and flirting alot, I decided to "start over" at that meeting even though I had already been on program. So, tomorrow's the second meeting and I'll see if I lost anything. Haven't done great this week, but not too bad either. Wish I would have done more exercise, though. Oh, well, we'll see. I'm just glad to be back on program.

Well, gotta get to bed - hope you all have a great thursday. Will talk to you soon!

Hugs,
Dianne

P.S. This is a picture of my "flirty" ww leader, lol!

Last edited by decemberdianne; 01-29-2003 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:09 AM   #25  

Angry

Hi Girls

I had to take a sick day. I have a stomach virus. I'll go in tomorrow to make up for today, IF I feel better.

Amiga, where have you been? You have to stop this once a month postings I miss you. I would love to have WW At Work. It would be so convenient. I hope your group won't fade out. Usually everyone is all gung ho in the beginning then slowly but surely they start leaving. I could never do that at my job.

Jen, what happened to Matthew? I must have missed that post.
Ever since Pete was diagnosed as a diabetic we atopped going to the Olive Garden. There's one right by David's house. There's always a line out the door. Your niece is really special. God bLess her. Enjoy your lunch today.

If any of you buy the Pria Bars try the Double Choc. Cookie & Strawberry Shortcake. I'm hooked on these bars. It's a real treat!

Donna, did you have the subway sandwich yet? Have you heard of Dotties WeightLoss Zone website? They have points for everything there. If you still need to know how many pts. let me know. I'll look it up for you.

Hasta Luego

Love,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 01-30-2003 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:58 AM   #26  

Hello DecemberDianne! Nice to meet you! That's great that you can do the WW meetings at work. I had to really laugh at the image you attached for your leader in the meetings! I sure hope it all works out and that people don't drizzle out so that you can continue to have that convenience!

Es, no I have not heard of dotties weight loss zone. What is the web site address? No, haven't had the sandwich because not knowing how many points I'm dealing with didn't want to take the chance! I finished yesterday's point total under the amount I can have again. Not a good thing, I know. I didn't get to go work out today because of a bill I found hidding under my other stuff and had to ride out to find the place to pay it so they wouldn't cut our water off. Turned out that they just added it onto our next bill. It was under 25.00 but it clearly says on the bill that it's subject to disconnect after 11 days past the due date and it was a lot more than that. I came home and had my breakfast of oatmel w/apples and spice and coffee = 3 pts. I am still a little stressed out because I don't enjoy getting lost too much. Gotta be cool!

Es I hope you feel better. I had a migraine yesterday that wouldn't quit. I finally ended up taking one of my pain pills from my gall bladder surgery last month and it finally helped me. I despise stomach viruses!!!! get well!

Jen, sounded very familiar with the port on your niece. My mother had one of those as well. She had breast cancer. I found those cancer patients to be some of the most couragious people I've had the honor to know. Such faith these people had! Thirty seven is quite young. What kind of cancer does she have? My mother passed away 5 years ago.

You guys sure brought back memories of the Woolworths balloons. We had a Eckerd drug store that had a soda shop too and did the same thing as well. I can still remember eating those banana splits!

It's a cold, rainy dreary day today here in South Carolina. I hope warm sunshine is shining on you all today!

Talk to you all later!
Old 01-30-2003, 02:31 PM   #27  

Donna,
Here is Dottis: http://www.dwlz.com/

Also here is subway: http://subway.com/

Just click on menu and nutrition. We are having subway tonight.

Jen,
Your niece sounds like a strong and courageous woman. What is her prognosis? She will be in my prayers.

Es,
Thanks so much for the info.

Dianne,
Hope the work meetings are successful.

Britts needs oral surgery on Tues. They have to take a graft from the roof of her mouth and put the tissue on the bottom tooth and then pull the tooth up. Expensive.
She is a little scared.

TTYL,
Hi everybody,
Terri
Old 01-30-2003, 03:03 PM   #28  

Angry

Terri, tell my girl I will pray for her. We don't want her being scared right? Poor thing. Dentists always makes us nervous. I go every 6 mths & when I'm done I thank God I don't have to go back for a few months. Thanks for providing the info for Donna. I haven't been to Dotties in quite awhile.

Donna, one day I had forgotten to pay my car payment. I freaked! I hate driving. I always have. The only part I like about driving is not having to depend on anybody to get me where I need to go. I only drive local. I got lost once with my dog in the car. What a nightmare. Luckily she's a good dog who doesn't jump around all over the place. I think she caught my virus. Do dogs catch viruses from us? She has the runs. She has this sad look like her mama. We're under the weather today.

Points Lady called me earlier & said she wasn't going into work cause she has the Norwalk virus. I never heard of it. I looked it up on the internet & I may have the same thing. I probably caught it from her. My sister is a RN & she said people in the hospital are dropping like flies with this stomach virus. Pete went out & rented 3 movies before he left for work so I won't get bored. What a guy. I just finished watching the Banger Sisters. It's so good. It reminds me of my wild sister & me. She's Goldie Hawn & I'm Susan Sarandon.

Well ladies, I have to go to the WW site. Haven't been there all day.

Have a great day.

Love always,
Essie

Last edited by EsRios426; 01-30-2003 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:20 PM   #29  

Es,
The Norwalks virus is what all the people on the ships got this past Fall. It got its name from Norwalk, Ohio. Hope you feel better. Ask that points lady how many points the liquid medicine she is taking is? She will freak if she didn't think of this.
Brittany is getting the IV anesthetic , you know where you don't remember the procedure. Her roof of her mouth will feel like a pizza sauce burn for a couple weeks.
I heard that dogs can't get hunam viruses. Poor little Suzie.
((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))
Terri
Old 01-30-2003, 04:56 PM   #30  

Es,
Ellen has had a stomach virus for the past 3 days. SO I know what you've been going thru. I have been up with her the past 2 nights, so I am exhausted. Steve (who has a pinched nerve in his back) is home with her today, but she seems to be feeling a lot better. Her fever is down and She even ate a little toast this morning.

Hi Donna,
I am 45 with a 9 year old daughter, Ellen. I have also been married for 17 years but alas, I'm not lucky enough to be a stay at home mom. Cost of living is too high in the BAy area. We need 2 incomes. I hope you like it here. This is a great bunch of gals. You'll find I am the analytical one (right Jen?)

Everyone,
WI today and i gained 1 lb. Not that crazy with all that has been going on this week counting my points has been fairly low in the radar screen.
Hugs,
JanieD
Closed Thread