Friday's Thread (TGIF!!!)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning!

I hope you don't mind if I start the thread....I am up early (thanks to my kids )

I am working today, so I will not be in and out like I was yesterday. Unfortunatly I don't have access to a computer there...at least not one that I can go online. One good thing about working is that staying OP seems to be so much easier at work. Can't wander into the fridge there.

Hi Kristy, KT, Lori, Lori, Belle, Jayne, Jen, Rina, Ali....ok, if I am missing anyone just insert your name here______.

Belle... Thanks so much for taking a look at my pictures! I am so proud of my kids and love to show them off.

Anyway, have a great OP day!

Angie
  • Morning, Angie...how did the restaurant go last night? I can't do internet from work, either. Well, I guess I could but firstly, it's a computer shared with our whole office of 12 women, so they might not like me checking personal things. And secondly, I'd have to do it with 10 3-4 year-olds looking on. Hmmm......no, I guess I really can't!

Feeling much better today. I examined my points yesterday and although I felt like I hardly ate anything, I got 14 points worth in. The saltines and sprite really add up, I guess. More like the Sprite added up. Just couldn't stomach diet yesterday.

This is getting difficult as I have a little "helper" on my lap (say hello to Aaron who is currently obsessed with the computer and has to personally oversee everything to do with the computer. I'm letting him get away with it because it's just too early for the first tantrum of the day. Gotta love those toddlers!!! Anyway, I'll check back in later...
  • ok i'm still alive well sortof
    the stomach ache i had during finals turned into a still ongoing 3 week virus ugh! (i could barely eat xmas dinner! and had water on new years) I'm going to see what i can catch up with
    IN brief (i feel like such a newscaster)
    bf and i are very much in love and tho no questiosn have been popped we want to get married its been mutually expressed
    his mom likes be now! we bonded over a dinner where bf and his dad were on a firecall for an exploded transformer
    his "bestfriendss" aren't talking to me and more immaturely arent talking to him bleh
    anyway my lil muffins of love
    I'm going to see how far back i can read without my eyes falling out I Really missed you guys!
    Love
    Kier
    PS hi JAYNE and lil A
  • Popping for few minutes before I leave.

Jayne...Dinner went well. On the menu it was a bacon/cheddar cheese grilled chicken....I asked for the bacon on the side (gave it to my dh), asked for no mayo, and I switched the cheddar for mozzerella (I like it better) I have no idea of the points for sure...but guessed at about 12-13. I also had a side garden salad and asked for the dressing on the side. I fork dipped the dressing and really didn't even have enough to count. I had about 4 points worth of icecream for dessert so total I ate about 17 points. My total for the day ended at 28 points...my max is 27. So, I ate one point more and I can live with that. So, all in all I think I did pretty good. I probably could have lived without it....but my 2 yr old couldn't finish hers Ok, bad excuse! How old is Aaron? I love that name btw. We were going to use it if we had a boy.

Kier...Hi! I hope you feel better soon.......and btw... it could be a 9 month virus?

Have a great OP day all!

Angie
  • Kier - Long time no see! I'm so happy for you and BF...let us know when it is "official"!!!

Angie - Way to go on ordering what YOU wanted last night. Maybe you will have the confidence to do it more often now. Remember, the waitress does not make your food. She just takes your order. She doesn't care how picky you are. And the cook? Well he just looks at the order and makes it!

Well MY dining experience last night was not good! We ordered Chili's To-go because we had to stay at home last night (kitten got fixed yesterday, couldn't leave her alone!). So I ordered the Cajun Chicken Pasta with extra Veggies. Grilled chicken with spices, penne pasta, alfredo sauce, and garlic bread. I ate half for about 12 points. Then I was really really sick...my stomach really hurt and then I couldn't breathe...I was having an allergic reaction. I took benadryl and the breathing and tummy got better (I think by that point my tummy was empty ) and fell asleep early from the benadryl. I have a lot of allerfies and am very very specific about what I will eat. All I can think of is maybe I shouldn't eat alfredo sauce again. I hadn't had it in years so thats all it could be....

And last night was no babysitting night so I was looking forward to having a quiet evening at home with DF but alas....

Next day no babysitting is Sunday. I took today off of work because of the kitten but still have to babysit for 3 hours today. Won't be that bad.

Boston 3FC in May should be rockin! I am definitely up. BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't make it the weekend of the 17-19 because I will be in Niagara Falls that weekend!
  • Oh I forgot to add. I went to WI last night...gained .2 BUT...I was doing WI Saturday mornings and switched to Thursday night so it wasn't a full week PLUS it was night instead of morning and I can FEEL that I lost weight. I am going to weigh at home tomorrow morning to see how I REALLY did.
  • OK, One more post

Lori....Thanks, I DO feel really good about myself for just even asking for what I wanted. I WILL continue to do that.
    I am so sorry you had such a bad reaction to the alreado. That must have been awful...and scary! I am glad you are feeling better this morning. I also did the weigh in thing differently. I weighed in last week in the AM. Then went back to my regular weigh in at PM. Like you I feel like I lost but the scale didn't show it (well down .2) but had I gone back in the morning I think it would have been at least a pound. Anyway, whatever it really doesn't matter in the long run. I bet we will both see losses next week

Angie (who REALLY has to go get ready now!!)
  • hi lori! hi angie!
    lori thats an odd reaction maybe there was MSG in your dish I am very allergic to that
    Angie As for the 9 month virus A i'd be shot by my darling mom who thinks im a 26 year old virgin and B my whole family has it so I dont think my gramma could get THAT kind
    btw you kicked ARSE with your dinner way to go!!!!!!!!!!!
    bbiab gotta go make lunch for gramma
    Kier
  • Morning everyone! Things are starting to slow doen a bit around here. I'm very tired today though so it would be easier to get through the day if there were lots of people here to keep me distracted from how tired I feel. It's OK though cause I can spend the weekend relaxing. I've been pretty good about staying on program so far this year. I'm even getting my exercise in. I figure, if they give me a free gym membership just for working here, I may as well use it. I've been running and weight lifting on my lunch breaks. Now all I have to do is add in the yoga at home and I may feel good enough to go back to meetings.

Now for a question: I can't decide whether to join a weekend meeting or a midweek evening meeting. From your experiences, what do you think are the pros and cons? I've always wondered about weighing in after a full day (during which you've eaten) versus a weekend morning first thing (no food for extra weight) - do you think it even matters? It's possible that if I weigh in during the week I will be more responsible on the weekends versus WI first thing Saturday morning and knowing I have a full week to get rid of my Saturday treats. Any advice?

Hi everyone - Jayne (and Aaron), Angie, Lori. I'll be back.
    KT
  • Kt, I was just pondering your weekend vs. weekday WI and here's my thought. I do it on a weekday because it's more easily built into my routine and harder to miss. We do so many weekend trips and sleeping in days and crisis cleaning days for company on the weekend that I would find every excuse to miss. Whereas this one that I go to on Tue nites has a WI time of 5:30 and a meeting time of 6:00. I put dinner in before I leave home and it's ready when I get back. It's so much easier for me to reserve that time on a consistent basis than a weekend time. And that's my two cent's worth.

Kierie, I'm glad you're feeling better my Jersey Girl! As for a nine month virus, I think I'd wet my pants if that happened to you!!! I'm glad that your G-ma is showing evidence that is not the case. I'm so happy that you and BF's mom finally bonded. She took awhile to come around, but we all knew in the end she'd see your adorableness just like we do. Keep us informed of your plans and rings and such...I'm dying to know!!!

Lori, I gotta say, I thought the same thing as Kier...MSG all the way is what it sounds like to me. That's a common thing for alfredo sauce too, to kind of bond it together. Next time I wonder if you can request it without MSG. I don't blame you about being picky if you have lots of allergies. Being sick isn't fun at all. Speaking of sick, how's the kitten? I remember when our little Lucky got fixed and declawed all at once. We'd give her her pain medicine and she'd be up and running and jumping, no matter how hard we tried to contain her. Then in half and hour, she'd just kind of crash on the floor and you could almost hear the moan coming out of her. Thank goodness my mom's a vet...she brought over shots to sedate her so she would quit being so hyper...she was ripping her stitches and everything!

I'll bbiab!
  • Hiya girlies!

Not much to report here. alls well I definitely prefer to WI in the mornings. I have checked to see a few times what the difference of my weight is from the morning to the night & I find I generllay gain 7-8lbs by the end of the day! Damn gravity!

Kier, glad to see you're back! Sorry tohear about your virus! That's awesome that things are going so well with your bf

KT, glad things are slowing down for you. I can't give you any advice on when to go to meetings. sorry.

Jayne, are you finally feeling better? Did you at least drink diet sprite yesterday? If you don't mind my asking why do you drink sprite when you're sick instead of Ginger Ale? Its the ginger that helps settle your stomach not the soda as some people seem to think. Its actually reccommended when you're sick that you beat your pop until it's flat so that it doesn't bother your digestive system.

Lori, hope you're feeling better today. I ave lots of allergies too & its a bummer. They say that you are supposed to grow out of them but in my family everyone has their allergies get worse as they age. My poor Grandma can hardly eat anything. Just the same thing day after day.

Hi Angie, what kind of work do you do? Sorry if you already told us. I can't remember.

Anyway i shoudl run. Laundry is calling my name. Hopefully I'll be back later. A big shout out to all of you who haven't popped in yet
  • Rina, in reply to your question, my mom gaves us Sprite when we were young to quell the nausea. The bubbles actually help me to feel better -- the burping they bring on helps to relieve some of the "tummy largeness" that comes with nausea. She (my mom) was a nurse before she was a vet, and at the hospitals she worked at, the patients there also got Sprite or Ginger Ale upon request. I don't really care for ginger ale. Something about the flavor just icks me out. Just my point of view. I didn't have any diet Sprite in the house yesterday or the day before, so I just drank the regular left over from New Years. But since I didn't even come close to meeting my minimum points either day, I'm not too worried about it.
  • jayne, that's really interesting. I've never heard that before about the bubbles. My dr. (growing up) always said to beat it flat. Plus now I find that the bubbles actually make me want to throw up more. Weird. What I find works the very best is actually a ginger tea. I don't really like the taste but it really calms things down.

Well DH & I are off to the mall to get some stuff done. Then we get to come home & hang pictures (finally got our wedding pictures enlarged). Should be a busy afternoon. Talk to you all later.
  • UGH! I am SO tired! We are babysitting my nephew who is also 2. So we have two 2 year old running around like crazy getting into everything I am so looking forward to my SIL picking him up. That sounds awful but I am just tired from working all day, then coming home and makeing dinner for everyone, and now the kids are screaming and carrying on. Come on 9PM I wanna go to bed!

Rina...I work part time at a library. I really love my job, not just because I love to read...but it is just a nice, slow paced place to work. Another perk is I just got a $3.00 hour raise. Who hoo!

Anyway, something just went crash so I better go see what's up!

Have a great OP weekend!

Angie
  • KT - I prefer weighing in Saturday mornings. I find my WI weight is usually what I am expecting, where as weeknights maybe the snakc I had in the afternoon becuase I *just* couldn't wait effected my WI weight. It also kept me in check on Friday nights and Saturday nights, but only becuase I have *just* been motivated and felt bad Saturday night if I went off program because I just had my meeting that morning. But when I moved, there is a crappy leader on Saturdays here, so I switched to Thursday night. Let me know what you decide!

Yeah my allergies are a weird thing. I have a lot of em. I have also had allergic reactions and we have never figured out what it was. Like when I woke up at 5AM and had to be rushed to the hospital...I went to bed at 10! Couldn't be food OR an environment thing. All we could think of was maybe something bit me, but even that was unlikely as there were no bite marks and if is was a bite, the mark would have been extremely swollen. Those "odd" reactions haven't happened in a while. Usually now it happens with food, so I am usually EXTRA careful about what I eat. I don't eat any asian food, and no seafood (I actually have a CHEMICAL reaction to seafood if you can believe that but the reaction looks like an allergic one).

Oh plus I don't eat red meat (by choice) so I'm pretty much stuck on chicken, turkey, and pork once in a while. Plus I will eat tuna fish (canned only) once in a while. You can imagine how picky I am of an eater with all that on top of being on WW and asking for no butter and stuff all the time hahaha