Thursday Chatters Summer Thread--June

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Yup! It's hot!
    Hi! New here. Just wanted to comment on your post Tina about it being hot. It's averaging about a 100 every afternoon here and simply walking to my car drains me of any energy. But! I've resolved to work-out in the AM before work. I've gotten up at 5AM for work and for other people before so I can surely do it for myself! That's my priority this month. Glad I found this thread! Keep cool everyone!
  • veli
    We are so happy you found us.
    That makes 3 of us Texans here. Yea!!!

I've had a super birthday. Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.
    I am soooooo full of Chinese food and birthday cake.
    Tomorrow, I will be at the gym in the morning.

• Welcome to the group! I'm from San Antonio but live north of Dallas.

Tina, glad you had a good birthday!

I'm watching the NBA playoffs! I always am a Spurs fan but for the playoffs I'm for the Dallas Mavericks! It's down to the last 2 mins. Pat is oUt on the couch! Lol!
  • welcome Veli
  • Good morning all

Well, I was offered a job back in Edmonton!!! I used to work for a personnel agency and they want me to come back as the dispatch supervisor working 5 AM to 1PM-the same salary that I make here in a job I hate!!! A friend of mine back there is taking care of a house of a friend of hers that's had a stroke and she wants to rent it to me furnished at a very reasonable rate. I have the weekend to think about it. Then I will give my notice Monday if I decide to go and let the other company know. I'll put my condo for sale etc. No wonder I can't sleep and I'm sore all over.

My sister and I are having a garage sale today. Hope it doesn't rain.

I hope we all have a great day and say a prayer that I make the right decision.

thanks for being here ladies

maureen
  • Wow, Maureen, what an opportunity! That's so great for you. I know you wanted to go back and that you have really hated your work now.

What does your sister think about this?
    You are definitely in my prayers that you make the right choice and that everything wil work out the way you want it.
  • We had the garage sale and I made about $90 on stuff that was just hanging around collecting dust! I even bought a really nice long suede black winter coat from my sister for $10-nothing wrong with it. I got a sunburn on my neck, arms and face and I hurt now.

I don't know what I'm going to do about moving or staying. I'm so confused

well, talk to you all later

have a nice rest of the evening

maureen
  • Maureen,
    I know you have a tough decision to make. I do believe that God has a plan, sometimes it's just not easy to see it. I think this just might be a sign. Good luck, I'll keep you in my prayers. That's great about the garage sell!

Tina, have I said it is HOT lately, Oh wow it is going to be a long summer!!

Jeanne, glad you are home safely!

Tammy, how are you? When is your trip?

Mimi, you've been quiet. Are you working a lot?

Janelle, what's new in your neck of the woods?

Farm girl, how is your son doing?

Off to finish watching the game!! Go MAVS!!
  • Hi All

A new week starting and a new chapter(again) opening up in my life. I'm giving my notice this morning and I've emailed my acceptance to Edmonton. I have to give 4 weeks notice at work but I'm hoping they just let me go after 2. I'm debating on whether to rent my condo or try and sell. I have my furniture for sale and will just ship out boxes of clothes, pictures and other small articles. I'll bring my computer & television in my vehicle. So here I go again!!! I swear I must have been a gypsy in my previous life.

I'll keep you all posted

take care and have a super day on program

Maureen
  • Hi all,

Maureen, I'm really happy for you.

• Good morning everyone! What is everyone doing this weekend?

Maureen - sooo hapy for you! I know what it is like to be at a job you hate! Yuck! Thats funny about the gypsy thing.......my mom used to say that all the time. She was always "living out of her car", or so it seemed! lol

Susan - Yay to being out of school for the summer!!!!!! Stay cool my friend!

Tina - How is the weather? So glad you had a great birthday!

Veli - Hellooooo! And welcome! You found a great group of girls to "hang" with! They are my best friends! Can't wait to get to know you!

Tammy - Thinking of you! Are you getting rain today? We are! I'm kinda glad.....I have things indoors that need done and when it is sunny and nice out, I tend to wanna be outside!

Marion - busy working, eh?

Dori - If you're lurking......we miss you!!! Hope you and the family are healthy!

Well I'm going to start packing today. Although, I really don't feel like it....lol
    I've been very lazy, sleepy, restless, stressed, and everything else that falls into that "non OP feeling"!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Happy Thursday,
    I'm so hot!!!!!
    The a/c guy just left. He tested everything--twice--and it was all working correctly. It's just this hot 100+ weather we're having.
    I'm going out tomorrow and buy some of those curtains that have the special backing that keeps heat out. Otherwise, our electric bill will keep going up, up, up.

Stress---none of need that stuff. Today, I'm going to soak in a tub with bubbles.

Lets's all drink our water and stay OP.

• Happy Birthday Tina!

Welcome Veli!

Congrats Maureen!

When I'm not trapped at work or inside because of the thunderstorms, I've been outside enjoying the summer and gardening. Mother nature hasn't been to kind though, it's hailed twice this week. GRR!

Anyway, still OP, down to 145.8. 145 was my original goal, but I think I'm going to shoot for 140. I have just a bit more pudge left than I care for. They are vanity pounds I know, but, well, I just want to do it. I started lifting weights too. The weight loss is great, but wow, do I miss the leverage those extra pounds gave me, restraining dogs. So, time to put on some extra muscle. I'm going on my lunch hour. Amazed at how energized I feel afterwards.

Last week and this week our WW group walked a 5k after the meeting. It was fun and we got to know each other better outside the setting of a meeting. And I got my 5k charm!

Going to go see my grandbabies this weekend!
  • janelle-- on that loss. That's funny about missing the extra leverage pounds.
    Enjoy those grandbabies!
    How is everyone else?
    farmgirl, how is your family doing?
    Mimi, exercising?
    Veli, don't melt in this heat!
    Susan, what are you doing with all your spare time?
    Jeanne, are you packing today? How is the house coming along?
    Tammy, today's the day!!!!!
    Maureen, have there been any "bites" to your condo yet? What are people at work saying about your leaving, or have you told everyone yet? Can you leave in 2 or 4 weeks?

Stay cool and OP