Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 04:15 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fabulous 40's And Beyond~#133

Okay, Es, I took your hint and began a new one. And apparently, it's just in time, since Sandy will be celebrating her 50th also!

Es,
I think we don't realize how many people are taking antidepressants...you're definitely not alone. And yes, depression does tend to run in families. My Mom suffered from manic depression, my brother was being treated for depression when he committed suicide in '94, and my younger sister is on meds. Hang in there, if you want to talk, email me.

Sandy,
If we don't "see" you here soon, please enjoy your birthday, and celebrate! Hope all is well with you.

Janie,
Definitely very short notice on that houseguest! I'll bet Ellen would love the snow. I'm glad I grew up with the change of 4 seasons, drastic tho they may be here in the midwest. It's only recently that we're not enjoying winter so much anymore

have a great Friday evening!

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 12-06-2002 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:48 PM   #2  

Thumbs down

Cool name Jen. Yes we did go along way with our other thread. We're all getting close to 50 so this is perfect.

Hugs,
Es
Old 12-06-2002, 07:35 PM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

I love the new name. I have a few years to be "beyond" the 40-something but it's good to know that y'all will all be here with me.

Tomorrow is my WI. Of course, I hopped on the scale and it doesn't look like it moved so I'm stressing. We'll see tomorrow morning. I have a nail appt at 8am, WW at 9:30am and a hair appt for my highlights and a cut at 11am. A very busy morning.

Dianne ~ your birthday sounded great. I'm glad to hear that turning 50 wasn't as bad as you expected. I am dreading it and I have some years to go. Thanks for easing my mind.

Sorry I have to run but I'll be back tomorrow to check in and let you all know how WI went. Wish my luck. I'm trying to lose another 20 lbs by the time we go on our cruise in February. Think I can do it????? FUN IN THE SUN!!

Love you's guys,
Me <><
Old 12-06-2002, 09:46 PM   #4  

Hi guys

Jen - thanks for the name change - it sounds cool! And since Sandy's turning 50 next week, I don't feel so bad about asking you to change it Looks like we have a few December babies here - Janie, isn't your birthday on a very special day? Christmas?

Sandy, It was great to hear from you. Hope all is well and in case you don't get back here til after next week --- I wish you a very happy 50th birthday!

Es - I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down, amiga- it seems to happen to us in turns. Don't feel bad about taking meds, as long as it makes you feel better. If you want to talk, e-mail me. I hope you're feeling better soon sweetie . Alana's doing fine, thanks for asking - she is at a "semi-formal" tonight with her "friend" Casey.

Jen - I'm so sorry to hear about your brother . I lost my brother when he was only 20 years old to the same thing. Very scary, very sad.

Hey ZoeGirl - Good luck with wi tomorrow!!!

Janie - don't feel guilty - 6 hrs. is REALLLLLLLLLLLY short notice. I'm sure she understands that and appreciates what you guys are doing for her. I hope Ellen does get to see some snow. I love the snow (when it first falls that is )

Hi Terri and Ruth - hope you guys are doing well.

Have a great weekend - hope to get back here on Sunday. Tomorrow's "Cabaret"!

Hugs to all of you,

Dianne

Last edited by decemberdianne; 12-06-2002 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:52 AM   #5  

Angry

Hi

It's not as bad as it sounds(my depression) but it's not me. I'm pretty happy most of the time but then I noticed this change in me that got a little scary. I tried to fight it & I would be okay one day then back to "that other person" the next day! It's only temporary. Dr. says it's very common. There's kids on antidepressants. Now that's very sad. Thanks for all your kind words. I really love you guys.

Jen, how old was your brother? So sorry. That must have been so devasting for you & your family. One of my sisters tried to commit suicide 2 yrs. ago(alcoholic) Any time she goes thru a disappointment in her life, we start worrying about her.

Dianne, have fun today. Thanks for the {{{hug}}}. I felt it.

Ruth & Terri, hope to hear from you soon.

Zoe, you are too funny. You remind me of me when I was going to meetings. I would stress the day before & usually it wasn't all that bad. You're doing great. Just don't starve yourself to lose 20 more lbs. We want you healthy. Busy day huh.

Well, buddies, I'll be out most of the day. We're picking up the tree this afternoon. Can't wait. I love putting it up but hate taking it down. Every year I have to chase my cat cause she loves to chew on the pine needles that fall off. 17 yrs. old & she's still a brat but still cute.

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 12-07-2002 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:43 PM   #6  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello Friends

Just got in from shopping. Late, because I wanted to be home to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and it's already started. Can't stay tonight but wanted you to know that my WI went good. I lost 1.8 lbs for a grand total of 29 lbs in 14 weeks. Woo Hoo. My next mini goal was to lose 30 lbs by our company Christmas party. That party is next Friday night so I think I am going to consider that goal met.

Hope you're all having a great night. Talk to you's tomorrow.

Me <><
199.4/170.4/148-ish
Old 12-09-2002, 06:42 AM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe,
Once again, congrats!! This is beginning to be like a habit
You're doing great, and have every reason to be proud. Way to go on the Christmas party goal!

Es,
We're going thru so many changes at this age, it's not surprising that emotions/moods are also affected. We've all been there, like it or not. Recognizing it is important, so you're doing the right thing. This is our first Christmas without Alex, our cat from ****, since he went to live with Jess and her family back in May. First time in 15 years I can put bows on the presents under the tree! He used to chew on them all night long

Dianne,
How was Cabaret? I love musicals, live theatre....it just seems that we don't make the effort to go often enough! We didn't watch the Sopranos last night cause the family was here; we'll catch it tomorrow night when it's replayed. Can't wait!

Yesterday Joe and Jessica did their annual father-daughter Christmas shopping day. Brandon spent the day with me while Matthew stayed at home w/his dad. All week long I've been putting off decorating the tree, it sat with only lights on it. I realized that I was sad because all those years of decorating with the kids are over. While it's the natural progression of life, and they should move on to their own trees and traditions, it hit me hard that now they're both gone. Brandon was more than happy to help me decorate the tree, we had a wonderful day. And the bonus....he did a great job! I've already asked him if he'll help next year.

We switched over to dsl service for our computer (no more aol! yay)....once again teaching this old dog new tricks Did a major revision of our home office, adding a new scanner, new filing cabinets, etc. As a result, I've got lots of unpacking and organizing to do today.

Well, I'm going to go before I write a book...have a great Monday!

~Jen
Old 12-09-2002, 02:18 PM   #8  

Hey there my buds:

Jen - Cabaret was good, a little raunchy, but fun. Willie continued with his "surpises" though. As we were sitting waiting for the show to begin, I looked down to hear the usher giving instructions to a couple as to where their seats were located and lo and behold they were my cousin and his wife all the way from Puerto Rico!!! I thought I was seeing things. Then after the play, we went to dinner with them and lo and behold again - there was Lisa (Willie's daughter) and her husband and our son, Justin sitting at the table waiting for us Willie had lots of secret phone calls during the week before, that's for sure! It was a great evening.

Speaking of Justin and surprises, he plays with the Columbia University Jazz band and once a month they play at a club in the city called Smokes. I go sometimes, but Willie goes EVERY time Well, anyway, usually at some point the director of the band introduces the members and when he did so, he left Justin out of the introduction. So, Willie being the ever-vigilante daddy, yelled out something like "what about the drummer?" At that point, the director says "Don't worry, I'm on top of that"... then he proceeds to announce to everyone that Justin has won the "Louis Armstrong Jazz Scholarship for $10,000.00!! Well, Willie said Justin looked like he was in shock and Willie
got all teary-eyed How is that? Wish I would have been there. Anyway, that was my wonderful weekend.

Jen - so cute that Brandon helped with the tree, so now you've started a new tradition As for the Sopranos, there were a couple of surprises, let me know what you thought of it after you see it.

Hi Es - how are you doing? Did you get your tree yet? I usually get mine a few days before Xmas, cause I keep it up until 3 kings day and I don't want it to dry out.

ZoeGirl - Congrats on those 29 lost pounds - you are doing an amazing job!

Hey Terri, Ruth, Janie and Sandy - how are you all doing?

Well, gotta get back to work - have a great day everyone!

Whoops! Hey Janie, you snuck in on me, Happy Birthday to your Dad

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by decemberdianne; 12-09-2002 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:19 PM   #9  

Zoe,
Congratulations You are awesome!!

Sandy,
Happy Birthday. Glad to see you back.

Dianne,
Yes thankyou for remembering. My birthday is on the 25th, and my dad's 79th is today!

Es,
Don't feel bad about taking antidepressants. I have been taking them for several years. I don't really notice a big difference, but Steve says it's like day and night. I have aslo heard that it is genetic. My mom certainly suffers although she would never admit it. I occasionally wonder how my childhood would have been different if she had recognized her problem and treated it.

Everyone,
I just got a new computer at work and for some reason all of my addressbook got lost. I now have Jen's e-mail but I am missing everyone elses. Please ( if you don't mind ) could you either post it or for more privacy e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Happy Monday,
JanieD

Last edited by JanieD; 12-09-2002 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:09 PM   #10  

Angry

Hi

Dianne, you had the greatest birthday ever. Gosh, that was so sweet of Willie. What a guy. But then again you deserved it. I know if we lived close to eachother we'd be hangin If I ever go to the city I'll go check out Justin. Who knows maybe we'll meet one of these days. Our tree is up. I finished it yesterday. I love the smell when I walk in the door.

Jen, I'm glad you didn't have to decorate the tree by yourself. Brandon must have loved it when you told him he can help you next year. I don't remember my Dad taking me shopping, just the two of us. We were close when I was really small then when I became a teenager(smartie pants) we weren't close at all. Thank God we got really close when I became an adult. I miss alot.

Janie, believe it or not I think that the "happy pills" are working. I feel much better. I remember my mom being depressed alot but we never talked about it. I'm definitely going thru mood swings. Just like my weight, up & down, up & down. I'll send you my email later when I have more time.

Pete should be calling soon.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 12-09-2002 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:06 PM   #11  

Check out my brother's website:

www.studio1fit.com
Old 12-10-2002, 02:14 AM   #12  

Hi everyone!
My e-mail is [email protected]
Es,
I know so many people on antidepressants. Bruce was for awhile.
If it makes you feel better then that is what you have to do.
Good luck.

I didn't get a chance to read everything yet. I will catch up tomorrow. I am still here. It is late now though so I will "talk" to y'all tomorrow.

Luv ya!
Old 12-10-2002, 05:34 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
How cool that Willie surprised you like that! Justin's scholarship is awesome!!! I'll bet he's on cloud 9!

Es,
Tony's website is great. I wish him much success.
Jess and Joe began the shopping day about 5 years ago; she loves it, as he will usually buy her a few things...this year it was a down jacket. That's bigger $ than he usually does, but they're struggling financially and she really needed it.

later,
~Jen
Old 12-10-2002, 08:12 AM   #14  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello everyone

I'm here for a moment.....didn't want you's to think I was MIA. This is such a busy time of year. This is a week of conserving food since our company Christmas party is Friday night. The problem is that it's the night before WI. I'm afraid..... I think I stress too much.

I'm sorry that I haven't really be 'chatting' lately but have been reading everything. I will be 'back' again soon. Have a wonderful week.

Love you's guys,
Me <><
Old 12-10-2002, 11:36 AM   #15  

Es,
Loved the website. thanks for sharing

Dianne,
What a husband. That is great! Congrats to Justin. You must be so proud.

Jen.
That is so cute about Brandon. I am hating the growing up and leaving thing. I will be so SAD!!!!!!! I feel for you!!!!!!!!!!!
But it looks like a new generation is starting. That is a great thing.

JanieD,
Ellen will love that. Mine see snow at Christmas in Ohio.
Hope she enjoys it.
I wouldn't be able to handle an unexpected guest. You did great!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDY!!!!!!
Closed Thread