Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 12:58 PM   #16  
BirdBrain

Welcome Sherriann!

I posted my weights in my footer, but I think I'm the only one. My weigh-in days are Monday... if I don't forget.

Kelly
Old 01-05-2003, 04:33 PM   #17  

Thanks for welcoming me, Janet we have meetings in a town about 70 miles away also, if it was summer I would do it but our winters here in Minnesota are hard to predict. They are usually at night also and I'm not much of a night driver. Well I also have read every book and have every cookbook and been on every plan there is. That's why I decided the healthy way, the online program has a lot to offer and it helps to post everyday the things you eat, keep track of your water and exercise. It also keeps me out of the kitchen when I am doing that. Anyway so good so far. Husby is trying with me, to at least eat healthier, he could afford to lose a lot also. He is such a snacker though. I have fresh veggies cut up all the time and fruit, some fat free crackers and WOW chips. He can't give up his 2 cans of mountain dew a day. Well he is at least getting some good foods.
Got all my Christmas stuff down and put away today, it's a nice feeling, but you kind of miss it. Anyway you all take care, eat healthy and be happy
Loon
Old 01-05-2003, 10:23 PM   #18  

Welcome Sherriann! So glad you joined in! Re: posting progress, I'm glad you brought that up; it's something we should probably do more often. Usually, we each do that in our own way, in our posts. (But I think I'll follow Kelly's example and do a footer; I know that will make me more accountable. My WI day is Saturday, once a month, but I think I'll WI weekly until I reach my personal goal.) Congrats on starting this wonderful journey! I think you will really like the points system; it is so flexible. It's really a way to eat for the rest of our lives.

Hi Kelly! Good luck with the IM (iron monster) tomorrow!

Loon, I know what you mean about trying different diets, I'm sure I tried dozens over the years until I found the points system. You're so right, this is by far the healthiest way to get fit! I feel younger at 51 than I did in my thirties, with more energy and optimism, too. And I wouldn't even think of driving 70 miles through a Minnesota winter to a meeting; how smart of you to do the online program instead. Good job on having all those veggies & fruits cut up and ready!

Hi to Janet, Texaslady, Linda, Tonya, Lilithu, Carol, and JOYce, <<<hugs>>>

Jan
Old 01-06-2003, 08:41 AM   #19  
BirdBrain

Well, 224.5. Could be worse I guess! a half pound loss is better than no loss at all.

Kelly
Old 01-06-2003, 08:45 AM   #20  

Hello Everyone!!!

Sorry I have been away for two weeks. I have been on vacation. I did really well this holiday season. I also managed to loose 1 pound in two weeks which is great for me since on most holidays I gain about 5 pounds. How is everyone doing!!

Hey Janet, Carol, Joyce, Linda and our new members. I will post again soon.

Have a great day!

Tonya
244/227/150 OP since November 1st 2002
Closed Thread