#252 Bale of Turtles Enjoying Spring!

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • TGIF (With extra exclaimation this week!)

Thanks for all the congrats! I still am trying to figure out what I did right this week!

Exhausted , could have had a nap with my head on the desk at work yesterday afternoon! Did force my butt to the Y last night did about 50 minutes of cardio, felt good after but what a chore to get there!

My Momma Drama has kicked it up a knotch, My sister has been living with her for 8 months (since my mom's husband passed away) Sis can't handle it anymore, Mom is too demanding, just watches TV all day doesnot do anything (sis works fulltime). She is diabetic (diagnosed last fall) doesn't remember to eat properly, early dementia, very overweight, we are going to talk to her about moving to a retirement home, she needs more care than my sis can give.
    She is not going to like it!

Anyway sun is shining and life goes on, Trying to kick it up a notch eat less move more wish me luck! I really would like to lose 20 lbs by maybe June? I think that is reasonable,3 months.

Judy the recipe sounds good!

Bandit/Princess How were your Weigh ins?

Life How are those allergies doing any relief in sight?

Nancy Are you still battling the chocolate demon?

Hope you all have a great on plan weekend, the sun is suppose to shine so try to get out for some spring air!!

Terri
  • Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all!

My W/I last evening did not go well but with it being TOM I knew I was up and I was... 1.4 lbs, oh well, we will keep at it. Need to talk to my doctor as this is frustrating but I am not sure what can actually be done since I am not a huge fan of hormones, etc. For now I will just keep chugging.

I need to talk to DH about us really getting a plan together to take care of us in our late years, I just do not want my kids to go thru this with me and my husband, not at all. I do not want to be remembered like that.

Terri: We have been trying to have those conversations with mine, I am not sure she needs it yet but then again she is not doing anything for herself as far as getting back to a higher level of health - like walking and exercising, getting some hobbies and activities, etc. She is basically just sitting around waiting for other to do everything for her and entertain her also. I feel your pain and wish you the very best luck in dealing with it!

Judy: I am sure that you will not be a burden to your kids! I just have reached a level of frustration with my mom that I never thought I would - sorry to scare you with it like that.

Bandit: Mine does the very same thing, even talks to my husband about my ex-husbands in great detail... now those are fun times let me tell you! Ugh! Hope your W/I went better then mine!

Life: How are you doing?

Nancy: Any plans for the weekend?

Loopy: How are you doing?

Have a great day all!
  • Morning, turtles:

Nice sunny day up here which is nice to see, seeing last week we had a few
    nasty days.

Terri/Princess - sorry to hear about your Mom drama, must be tough to handle especially when they don't co-operate and want lots of attention.

Princess - to bad about your gain this week, your hormones can play a big part in all this as well. Hope your upcoming week is better.

Judy - that recipe sounds really good, will definately give it a try, thanks.

I was down 1/4# last night, which isn't much but was thankful just to have a loss. That seems to really motivate to do better.

Our meetiing last night was good and we talked about just changing one
    thing in our food plan for the week and for me I am going to stay away from
    chips/crackers for this week. I find lately I have been having too many extras/treats over the weekend & then getting on track from Mon to Thurs.
    That is not a sensible plan for longterm weight loss.

Anyway, good luck everyone!
  • Terri, wow-----what is going on? All the mommas are getting dramatic! I see my uncle who is only ten years older than myself facing age/illness issues and it's scary. I guess this is always the reason to make every day count. I hope your mom settles down a bit and a reasonable solution can be found. :

Princess, sorry about the weight gain, but the TOM explains it. On another note, I wonder if the tough winter has had anything to do with all the mommas acting up? You must be mortified with the things she says. Have a good weekend. Keep on trying with food and the stairs. You'll see a weight loss soon.

Bandit, glad to see you lost weight this week. : Yeah----the socializing on the weekend can undo a whole week of good food and exercise.

Aunt Loopy, how are you doing? Did your home get repaired after the bathroom disaster?

Life4evr, how does your weekend look?

Cherry, how are you and your family?

Nancy, how are things looking?

Beautiful sunny day here. My food has been good, tracking helps, and my dh and I have walked the 1 1/2miles at the boardwalk for the past two days. I'm hoping for a 1# loss this week. That would get me very close to 180's. I hate throwing away months and that's what I've been doing. To lose weight I've got to exercise and track. It's the only way it's going to happen. Looking forward to my grandson's soccer game tomorrow and we'll catch a bite to eat. I'll have to plan for that. Today my dd and grandson may pop in, so I'll have to plan a good healthy WW dinner for that possibility too. Have a great day, everybody, and keep on keepin' on!

Judy
    234.6/191.8/180's and thinner
  • Hi everyone. I am still here my weekend looks very busy. So due to my work scedule I weighed in a day early. I am basicly working thirteen hours starting at eleven tonight. So I knew I wouldn't be anywhere near a scale. But I had lost some weight. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Life4evr, : weigh to go!
    Keep up the good work!
    Judy
  • So I finally logged my weight. I lost 3.3# so happy I hit my 5% weight loss goal. Finally so I am very happy. And I have survived work. I actually still have some energy left. Not sure how much longer the energy is going to last. So I am trying to get some food in my system and some things done around here before I crash.
  • Life4evr, what a great loss and what a wonderful accomplishment! Yay!
    :

Weigh to go! Congrats. You're doing great. Keep up the good work.

Having a nice weekend. DD and grandson came out late yesterday. We had dinner out, then returned home where other dd and dsil visited. Very cool that we enjoy each other's company. Today caught a soccer game watching our young grandson. He was so cute. It was sooooo cold, but he played like a trooper. Then we headed to a diner where I had a bite to eat. I'm tracking and it looks like a good day.

Have fun, be well and happy.

Aunt Loopy, I know you're very busy on the weekend, but hope to hear from you early in the week.
    Here's to all of us!!!!! We're a great bale of turtles.
    Judy
  • Wow I have been out of the loop for days now! It has taken me a bit to read all the posts but overall it looks like everyone is doing a super duper job even with daily DRAMAS!

I have been working some extra hours and by the time I get home the last thing I want to do is get back on the computer.

Well I am finally off the steriod and WI this morning I lost 1.5 of the 6.5 I gained while taking them..whoo hoo so I am back on track again

Have any of you ever had TMJ? I truly can not open my mouth far or bite food off with my front teeth. It has been a month since the dentist pulled a tooth and when he did he injured my jaw. So far he had me on 600m of ibur. for 2 weeks when that did not work he has put me on a sleepaid and muscle relaxer to take before bed and now 3 weeks later I can see slight improvement but not back to normal. Last thur he had me come in and took an impression of my mouth to make a night guard...so I am waiting for that to come back from the lab.

In the mean while I have been sticking to soft foods. So if any of you have any insights on how long this may take to heal that would be wonderufl
  • Happy Monday Gals!

Busy weekend went by quick, ate pretty well, a bit of exercise, feeling pretty good today. Tired but hopefully the weather starting to warm up will make me a little perkier.

Mom is mad at sis, Sis told her that she would be moving and what did mom want to do. Mom said that she would stay in apartment "if sis didn't want her to live with her" Mom cannot live alone she needs too much help, sis is mad, mom is mad. Drama Drama Drama!!!!!! Glad I'm on the edge not in the middle of it all but still will have to deal with the aftermath!!

Everyone seems to be losing! Great work gals! we have to stick with it!!!! No quiting keep on taking our baby steps. We are seeing results, I can feel how much I have toned and people are starting to notice. I think it is true that you lose inches and sometimes this isn't really reflected at the scale. I really notice my stomach shrinking! Woo hoo!!!!!

Lets all have a great on plan week!!! Water Exercise lots of power foods!!!

Terri
  • Morning everyone and happy Monday to you all!

Very cold here but at least the sun will be out today. My food this weekend was terrible, I made some really bad choices, just let stress and bad feelings invade and went right down the drain with it... ugh... totally my fault, no one elses. So today it is back to the basics and getting back on track. Stairs, water, tracking food!

I am in a huge hurry this morning but I did get a chance to read through the posts just don't have time to answer each of them right now... will hop back on later on when I have a minute.
  • Morning, turtles:

Very busy weekend & even though I had good intentions I had some snacks last night which I didn't need. But hopefullyl, didn't do too much damage
    overall & back at it today.

It was very cold over the weekend and busy as well, but good weekend.

Congrats to all who lost weight last week, good news.

Lets everyone have a great week!
  • Hi Turtles,
    Whew! The weekend flew.
    Terri----keep up the great pep talks. My scale isn't budging, but I think I'm looking better too. Glad people are noticing your weight loss. That's a great feeling.

Nancy, understand the computer overuse----about the TMJ--although I haven't had it, I know several who have and it's a condition that always goes away. The mouth guard should help and although you're uncomfortable right now-----understatement---you'll be better soon.

Princess, yep----weekends have a way of doing that with the overeating an yuckky choices---. Glad you'll be back on track today with the stairs, etc.

Bandit, hear you about the snacks-----it's so tough to be sociable and not have them around. When I catch my breath, I'll post a recipe for a bean dip that is great in Baked Scoops that I think would be nice for an appetizer.

Had a good weekend====ate out twice, but on Sunday I grabbed a piece of high fiber bread and 2 oz. of turkey and ran out the door to go to a soccer game I thought we weren't going to. Interestingly enough it was a much more filling breakfast than I've been used to eating. So after the game, at lunchtime I ended up having half a bowl of oatmeal at the diner. Great choice and the rest of the day was good too. Would love to see the scale move, but we'll see. So far I'm actually up from last Wed.

Keep up the good work----get rid of images of poor choices, they're done and over----let's drink that water, take baby steps, and get to goal.

Judy
  • Hey all !

Isn't there some saying about talk it, think it and it will be, I am trying this thinking thinner, being positive. I'm pretty sure it is working. I should have taken measurements, I know I have a smaller waist, hip area. I have less of an appetite I don't think about food all day. I still make some bad choices but I don't eat the whole bag of chips I do the points and eat the portion and move on. I am thinking lifestyle, I know I can live a lifstyle of moderation, I also know I couldnot do it if I cut out everything. This time I really think I am ready for this change, I wish it could be quicker but I am being realistic. So yes we can do this!!!!!!!

Enough rambling! So lets eat well, move, and lots of water (have to work on the water part!) and report in to the group and we will be successful......

Have a great Tuesday!

Terri
  • Good morning everyone... was up most of the night with a bad headache so am not feeling great but wanted to pop by and say hello and best wishes for a great day!