Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 06:06 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default tuesday december 3

hello girls!
just getting the thread started for the day.
will come back later on to post,
kirsty
Old 12-03-2002, 08:10 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default hey girls!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday...it was nuts here at work!

To all you nurses out there: There is a HUGE demand here in RI for nurses. Come to the states, make lots of money

Thanks everyone for the encouraging thoughts on making goal. Its nice to have a group like this around....hopefully I will be able to stay on track

Ali - I saw your pictures on the photo thread...WOW you look amazing!!!

Jayne: Aaron is sooooooooo cute with that little Elmo doll!!!!

Ok back to work, I will post again later.

Hi ho...hi ho...its off to work I go...
Old 12-03-2002, 09:50 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Default I'm down I'm down

One more to 204. Only 5 more # til my goal - and only 4 weeks to do it....I am a bit worried that I won't be able to do it, but I am staying focused - I SOOOO want to start 2003 below 200lbs. it will be the first new years under 200 in about, oh, 10 years....

Hi Kirsty and Lori!

BBL!
Old 12-03-2002, 09:52 AM   #4  

Belle - I am here to keep you motivated You can do it!!!! hehe
Old 12-03-2002, 09:57 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

That's true..do you remember when you busted outta the 200's?? Did it feel awesome?
Old 12-03-2002, 09:59 AM   #6  

YES it totally did...you will feel that way too!!!!! You should feel great even now...49 pounds is awesome...that's like 5 boxes of the cat litter I buy....that's a lot of weight!!! hahahha I always compare the weight to cat litter...can you imagine carrying 5 boxes of cat litter around with you? it would look so silly
Old 12-03-2002, 10:08 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Lori, its funny you say that! I was thinking of that when I was carrying in the dogfood on the weekend! Yikes, it was only about 8lbs and hard to carry. I realize that my four year old niece is only 40 lbs and I have trouble carrying her. I used to carry more than that on my body - no wonder I was so tired!!

Thanks for the pep-talk! Its very cool that there are so many of you successful ones on our board. Its inspiring for us who are mid-journey....!
Old 12-03-2002, 10:08 AM   #8  
Running Babe

Lori: Thanks You know what's dumb though... I have been friends with my "sorta kinda not exactly kinda guy" for 3 months now, and I won't show him any big pics of me... Not that he has asked... But I sort of want to...

Belle: It feels amazing, from 1991-2000 I weighed over 200lbs, so that day 2 years ago when I was suddenly under felt like winning the lottery.

So I have been sooo motivated to keep my points low wooohoooo

Anyhoo, have a good day!

Ali
Old 12-03-2002, 10:15 AM   #9  

Ali - Why afraid? I think I'm so happy about what I've done, I openly tell people I'm on weight watchers. Some are like "OH...WEIGHT Watchers" but once I say "yeah you know, I've lost 70 pounds" then they are like "oh....wow..." hahaha
Old 12-03-2002, 10:29 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Ali - I guess it must be hard when he has known you always as a thin person. I can't relate with the perdiciment you are in, but sooner or later he'll see a pic or hear something or someone will say that you lost weight. Whatever you choose, you are the person you are NOW..... And its very beautiful!!

I am trying not to make 199 "magical" but I think it will feel great...! I am looking SO forward to it!!

Well, off to a meeting....boooo!!
Old 12-03-2002, 11:00 AM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey gals.... I know now that I am purely pathetic. I am starting to feel a bit better and what happens.......... I wretch my back this morning. I have a previous injury, and this PG has really mad my back tender. I think it is because this time around a have a toddler to deal with and being PG. So hubby is super sick this morning and I rush him off to the doctor.... I am alone to get Emma ready, the dog pottied... the whole works. First thing, go into Emma's room, oh yah she is awake.... oh yuck she is crabby. We finally agree on clothes to wear and I pick her out of her crib.... YOWZERS my back!!!!! So that is where I am today. Heating pad and 2 tylenol because that is all I can take. Oh I dream of the days when I could take a pile of ibuprofen and feel better.

OHHHH, and then there is the cat. Our cat is nuts, but really a good cat. So she is licking all the hair off her lower belly and licking her tummy raw. Very odd. I mean the hair is literally GONE! So I called the vet and now have to bring her in at lunch today. Great, a vet bill right before Christmas.

I may sound bitter... but I'm actually in pretty good spirits despite my crummy at the moment life!!!

Belle... Oh I so remember 199.... then gaining it back with being PG with Emma. I weighed in the day before vacation and I felt so skinny on my trip. Then I got there again, and Boom, PG again. I'll let you know the next time around how it feels. I just hope this time I can actually get LOWER!!!

Lori, I used to tell everyone that I am on WW, but I have been on it so long that I think people just think I am a yo-yo-er. Even tho my yo-yo's are actually pregnancies. Oh well. At least I lost the PG weight, even tho it wasn't much more than that!

OK... WHERE IS EVERYONE??? It's been so quiet lately!!!!
Old 12-03-2002, 11:40 AM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Wow, I just turned down cookies/treats that my boss brought around! I said "no thanks, I don't need the extra 8 points that count as a cookie.". Oh my god, they looked (and smelled) good but I was stronger! Yay me!!!

I just kept thinking - 199 is not far away!!
Old 12-03-2002, 11:42 AM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Jen - my dog is a licker too - he licks himself raw all the time. He actually wears a cone most of the time and has even gotten a yeast infection from licking (it never dried so it grew yeast). $900 later....oh well we love our pets...!!
Old 12-03-2002, 11:45 AM   #14  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone. I'm here! The boss is away for the morning again so I can play.
I remember getting under 200 - it was a magical feeling, I haven't gone above it yet - I guess I'd better get on that, I'd hate to start the new year over 200#. Last night my NF was commenting about some character in the movie we were watching needing WW - made me a little uncomfortable. Afterwards I told him that I was on WW and I've lost around 70# and he was a little shocked. (He's not really the shape to be giving people weight advice at 6'6 and 320#) It kinda shut him up. I hate when people make comments like that.
Lori and Belle - we have these huge phone books here and they weigh 5# so our weight loss was measured in phone books - One day our leader brought a bunch in and had some of us stand beside the number of them we had lost. It really puts the loss in perspective.
Hi Ali and Kirsty.
Jen - I hope your back gets better. You aren't having any luck at all right now are you?
OK - I'll get out of here and open my station. I'll check back later.
KT
Old 12-03-2002, 02:40 PM   #15  
Water Freak

Hi everyone! It is crazy crazy crazy here today. We have our big semester group paper due to the printer's Thursday and piecing everyone's bits together is getting a little nutty. Oh, and did I mention I'm PMSing on top of it? Fun and a HALF! Anyway, I have been oddly not hungry today, so that's good! I think it might have something to do with making sure all the stuff I eat has lots of fiber. Light microwave popcorn keeps you a lot more full than ice cream.

Jen- OUCH! Have you ever tried a chiropractor? I had horrible back problems in my youth, and my mom decided we hould give chiro a try. It worked really well. I still go in every 4 months or so for a bit of a tune-up. Only problem is that a lot of insurance doesn't cover it, and if you're coming in with a new problem they often want you to come in really frequently at first (or at least mine does)

Belle- You are so going to make it to under 200! Go go go!

Ok, back to the grind!

Cat
Closed Thread