#246 Bale of Turtles Starting Fresh!

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Thanks for asking. Everyone is doing a little better. Colds aren't as bad as they have been. My weight loss mission on the other hand is not going so well at all. I haven't been keeping track of what i am eating. I am trying not to give up. I get a little down on myself when i dont see any progress and i actually start gaining weight. Sorry for the kinda down post. I just need to work on it.
  • Hope everyone is haing a good day. We have some snow here but it is mixed with slush. So you can see the ice underneath some of the snow. I weighed today and gained 1.7#. I am sure some of it is baby weight. I went to a baby shower this weekend and they had sandwhiches everywhere. I ate too many roast beef and turkey sandwhiches. So my daily points went back to 43 this week.

I am trying not to eat all day since I am stuck here. That's about it. Still finishing my best friends baby blanket. She is having the baby today yay and her husband made it back, so she is super excited.

School should have started back today but I am no longer in the program so nothing for me this semester . Umm I think that's it. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Hi All,
    Life4evr, : for a positive future. How nice you're making a baby blanket. Are you knitting or is it out of fabric?

Cherry, : for getting things where you want them. Keep on posting, it's important.

Princess, : for a fast healing of your cold. Sorry you have to go out to dinner with group. I'm sure you'd rather be home in bed.

Bandit and Lizzie, here's a fast hi!

Gotta run. Having a tough time. I'm letting myself get down because I didn't meet my expectations. Sooooo, of course now I'm gaining weight. I've got to smack myself on the side of my head and get my brain adjusted.

I know the points+ works. Now I've got to work it, ignore the scale since my body is doing other things (hives, prednisone shot, etc) which make it difficult to lose weight. Now I've got to up and do it!

Take care and have a great day, everybody!
    Judy
  • Hey Turtles

Snowed throughout the night and then the sun came up to tease - now it is snowing again

Trainer had to cancel as her son had a 2 hour delay - but I'll make it to Zumba tonight!

Hope everyone had a great on program day & here's to a successful week!

Tomorrow is weigh in for me

Lizzie
  • Itryharder I am crocheting. I don't really knit, well not big items. It's done just have to thread some ribbon and put it in the mail. So they are calling for more snow and slush which equals ice . My eating has been so so today. I have been trying to eat more fruit when I just had to have something to snack on. That was about halfway successful. But tomorrow is another day. Hopefully I get to go to work. LOL just so I can get out of the house.
  • Life4evr,
    I crochet too. I make baby blankets in advance in either pink or blue. I have a nice little stock now. When I was making one, my little grandson who is well past toddler age, saw me and asked who it was for. I could tell he really liked it so I told him I was making it for him. He was so thrilled. Now I've got it finished. When it was almost finished, he curled up in it and was so happy. Isn't that funny? He's got a thing about blankets right about now. In any case, I'm very happy to give it to him. when my other grandkids visit, I may just see if they would like to have one too! Crochetting is a great way to pass the time while watching TV and it helps keep my hands busy and away from snacks.

EVerybody have a good day today. Yesterday was absolutely horrible food wise! Today is a new day and I've got to work on my thinking. Slow and easy has been the turtles motto and I was trying to rush things and got discouraged. Back to slow and easy for me.
    Judy
  • Morning turtles

Trying to keep warm and stay on track. Yesterday was good with menu & got in 3 mile walk then I was putting some things away in my dd room & found
    a bag of nachos which she didn't take back to her place & of course, I had to to open them & eat some. Really - so I ate them while watching a new show
    Village on a Diet which should have motivated me not to snack. I put rest of bag out for squirrels today.

Has anyone seen the movie Black Swane? Going tonight with my ladies group - so another challenge with the movie popcorn. I am planning on having dinner beforehand & going to skip the popcorn, which will be major if I can do that.

Cherry - glad you are all feeling better & hope you get back on track.

Life- sorry about your gain. Losing weight is soooooooo difficult. Here's to having a better week.

Judy - I think we are all having a tough time since the holidays. For me, doesn't take much to get sidetracked as well. Good luck this week.

Lizzie - good luck tomorrow at the scales!

Princess - hope you are feeling better as well. Being sick is not fun and all I crave when I have a cold is soup & toast, which adds up quick point-wise.

All - we have to get back to what will give us success at the scales. Good luck everyone & hoping we all have a weight loss.
  • Hi everyone... I left work at lunch time yesterday and am home again today... ugh, feel aweful but wanted to at least say hello.

I am like bandit, it is soup and toast for me while I am sick - I have lots of fruit here and thought about making a vitamin C packed smoothy but added it up and wow! Thats a lot of points but I think over all it will do my body good so if I can handle it I may do that for my lunch.

Have a good week everyone, will get back on when I can.
  • Afternoon Turtles -

well, just returned home from weigh-in. As I expected, I was up; but only .6# (much less than I thought) I am happy with that as due to TOM, some medication and my workouts I was worried it would be more. I'm sure I'll pull some good numbers next week!

Princess - so sorry you are feeling under the weather - hopefully a day home for some rest and fluids will help

to everyone else - have a great day - keep warm and keep moving!

Lizzie
  • Hope everyone had a good day.

Itryharder,
    My niece who is now almost a teenager, got alot of her blankets that way, when she was younger. She would always ask my mom if she could have whatever blanket she was working on. LOL and of course my mom usually gave it to her.

So no work for me again. My eating has been pretty good. I am within in my points and I am pretty sure I am done eating for the night. So I have to add exercise back into the mix. I just realized I am not eating enough of veggies. Or at least not the ones that aren't starchy, I have a weakness for sweet potatoes. Other than that today was good. Hope everyone has a goodnight.
  • Morning everyone... I made it to work today but am not sure that coming in was the smartest thing I have ever done... eating yesterday was not good at all, I did make the fruit smoothie but other than that it was a lot of crackers and toast.. I will worry about it all when I feel better and that is about the best I can do right now.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week...
  • Healthy Guidelines
    Good Morning Turtles - Hope everyone is having a great day!

I really enjoyed my meeting yesterday & wanted to ask my turtle friends a question. We were discussing the Healthy Guidelines and I realized I don't "actively" work to get my 2 teaspoons of healthy oil in.

I've been doing really good getting fruits and veggies -working on upping my water intake & getting my multi-vitamin. But, I think I have an aversion to "adding" oil to anything!

My leader talked about how important the oil is. She even said that she has had 3 people in the last couple of weeks tell her they seem to be losing more hair than usual and sure enough - they aren't getting their healthy oils.

She also talked about how it helps keep our skin looking good and of course everything working properly on the inside.

So - how do all of you get your healthy oils in every day?

Lizzie
  • Lizzie, not only do I have trouble getting in my healthy oils, but I also don't get in my milk. Egads! I do eat nuts and count them in, when I want to use the points I use olive oil to saute my eggwhites. Hope this helps.

When I get a minute, I'll start a new thread since we're really long again.
    Judy

I'm eating better today. Princess, feel better fast. You're doing great. No cigarettes, better meal plans. The cold will go and healthy foods will look good again. Treat yourself right right now.
  • Quick drive by!

Lizzie - I get most of my healthy oils from nuts or olive oil (even though I think the letter of the WW law says that nuts don't count for healthy oils, many other resources I've read say they are an excellent source of healthy oils). I roast root veggies in olive oil, rosemary and thyme and it's delish! I also found a great recipe for biscuits that are fairly plan friendly and made with olive oil instead of butter.
  • Hi turtles:

Princess - the book I am starting to read is The Reader by Bernard Schlink.
    My bookclub is reading Secret Daughter but I couldn't get copy from library so am skipping it this month. Hope you are feeling better today.

Judy - glad to hear you are eating better today, keep it going.
    For milk, I add 1/2 cup skim to smoothies, add to cereal & have with my tea/coffee. I never drink it by itself, just can't do it.

Lizzie - for the oil I use Olive Oil when I can and mix that with red wine vinegar for most of my salads. But there are days when I probably don't get in enough.

Peanutt - how is your week going?

All - snowey day today, but at least it was sunny for the most part.