#246 Bale of Turtles Starting Fresh!

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Morning turtles:

Judy - that is soooooooooo great about your BD, awesome.

We have snow up here as well but roads are OK, which is main thing for me.

Had my Tops meeting last night and good to get back on track. I was up
    lots & my weight as of last night is 195 - over past year I was way below that & way up. But I am posting it, owning it and going from here.

Doing my hot yoga tonight, so looking forward to that & have singles dance
    tomorrow so that will be lots of fun.

All - have a great Friday, stay on track & lets keep the motivation going.
  • Happy Friday Turtles!

Here comes the weekend!

So - learning moment this morning. Left the house without eating my usual breakfast of yogurt, flax and piece of fruit. Bad idea I grabbed a banana as I was late for the gym - then straight to another appt with only my water. Of course I had to stop at Big Lots to pick up a few things and what did I do? Picked up a bag of pretzel chips and immediately at 2 servings without knowing the points! When I got home, I checked the points and realized I had wasted 6 precious points on junk!!!!!!

Lesson learned - never leave the house without a good breakfast, a plan and my WW journal & calculator!

Bandit - Hot yoga and dancing - sounds like a great weekend

Peanutt - Great job on the workouts! I need to check out the Biggest Loser for WII - maybe that can be one of my rewards for keeping on program

Princess - totally agree with Peanutt - keep up the tracking and exercise and I'm sure the scale will move soon!

Judy - WOW! Kicked butt with taking on the BD dilemma!

To all my new turtle friends - go out and do something for yourself this weekend! Have fun!!

Lizzie
  • Hey gang - just one more thing! Unless you want a scary suprise - be sure to not miss hitting the 3 when signing in to the website! I got a little too fast when logging in earlier and as I thought about what I was gonna tell you about my day - well - lets just say it wasn't what I expected!
  • Lizzie: Giggle, Giggle - been there... done that...
  • Lizzie and Princess, ohmigoodness. I haven't been there and done that, but I can guess what it was. LOL.

Bandit, I like owning weight and then moving on. : for you.

Princess, I made your risotto lemon chicken dish for me and my dh. Wow.
    what a great dish! I made half the recipe and we ate the whole thing. Delish! I'll definitely make it again. I've also been making simple soups with broth, canned tomatoes, and any veggies I've got in the fridge. Nice for these very cold days.

Lizzie-----yeah. I get it. Planning and preparing is something that helps us so much. I'm getting used to carrying an apple with me everywhere I go.

I've got to get to exercise somehow. We've got the snow again, but I've got a in the house, so there's no excuse. Today was an organizing day-----I think it's catching from all of you. Next I want to work on the folders in my file cabinet. It's gotten fat again----needs points+.

Hey Princess, you know you've done everything right before in the past months and not lost weight one week, then you lost a lot the following week. I think that's what is going on now. Let me know how your next WI works out.

Gotta run. You Turtles are a lot of fun!
    Judy
  • Hello everyone and happy Saturday to you all! Very cold day here but no snow for the most part, they are getting socked in with it up in the northern part of the state where my mom lives but it is actually sunny here today... just really painfully cold and windy. I ran out to fill up the bird and squirrel feeders quickly but was out in it this morning when I went to my meeting and W/I then on to the grocery store... I think I totally wiped out there produce section LOL - I bought everything! Even got some new things for a couple new recipes that I want to try.

Well W/I went really well for me, much better than I expected my scale must be off or something but whatever it is I was down 3.4 so I guess I am doing somethings right and after reviewing my week of eating I think I know where I am making my mistakes and will correct it right away... I think it was the bread - not the light bread that I eat with a sandwich or whatever but the Italian or French bread that I have served with a couple of meals... I had some and even though I counted it I either may not have counted correctly or just plain need to stay away from it.

The dogs went to the groomer today, they were a mess and did not smell very good either, LOL - the GSD had a stinky foot oder about him and Gabbie the mutt was not much better but they have been out playing in the snow and such over the last couple of months and just regular brushings have not been enough... they needed the works I have to run and pick them up in a minute so will be heading back out into the cold again.

Judy: So glad you liked the Risotto dish, I really did to and may try different variations of it in the future. I have all of the stuff to make some veggie soup so will be doing that tomorrow. Hope you can get on the treadmill today, it may help to pass the time a bit as being cooped up is never a lot of fun.

Lizzie: I totally agree with you, when I am hungry I do bad things... LOL! I don't eat before W/I on Saturday mornings so I get W/I then attend the meeting and it is a straight shot home to eat... then I head out to do what I need to do, it does not always work out that way but I sure try...

Peanut:"All Dressed Chips" - what are those? I have TBL Wii workout also and it is great, thanks for the reminder I need to dig that out again!

Bandit: No worries Bandit, I know you and you will be back on track in no time at all and you are one strong lady to own it like you are... I do know how you feel though, it sucks and you want to kick yourself but like you said it is in the past and at least you did not end up back at square one like I did LOL. Hot yoga, oh I really want to try that... I knew that you had been going and was wondering if you would keep at it... glad to see that you are. What book are you reading right now... can I ask? I am always looking for something new to read. I am using my Nook now full time and am reading a book called "Fallen" I think it is meant for the younger folks but I am enjoying it and since it is the first in a series of three will be getting the next one when I am done.

Life: Howare you doing? Anything any of us here can do to help you?

Cherry: How goes it with you? Is everyone on the mend?

I have to run and pick up the dogs - have a great day all!
  • WTG this week Princess!! You're off to a great start to 2011!

All dressed chips are a uniquely Canadian thing. It's a flavour combo that's tangy like salt and vinegar and a little smoky and sweet like BBQ.
  • Hi turtles:

Peanutt - I have had those chips before & they are soooooooo good, plus
    my biggest weakness is potatoe chips so I have to be extra careful around any kind.

Princess - super congrats to you!!! That is a really big loss. You must be doing something right so keep at it.

We got some snow, but roads are fine and it was sunny all day. So a nice winter day overall.

All - hope you are keeping on track seeing it is the weekend & for some it can be challenging. I have stayed on track since last Monday and did a 3 mile walk today. So I am hoping for success at the scales this Thurs.

Have a nice weekend & stay warm
  • Princess, weigh to go! : I am so glad whatever was wrong with your scale at home did not cause you to eat and never know about the real loss you had. this is so complicated.
    and hooray for wiping out the produce section. That's where the good foods are.

Bandit, you are doing great. Here's to a : at next WI. Weigh to go.

Peanutt, those chips sound deadly delicious. Chips and crackers are definitely my weakest points. I can overlook cake and even ice cream, but the other two are calling big time.

Lizzie, how are you? You're sounding great.

Cherry, little guys feeling better?

Life4evr, good luck this weekend. I hope you have good food choices coming up.

Heading out to party. Had good homemade soup today and some protein. I think I'll eat an apple as we walk out the door since the guest of honor won't be there until seven o'clock and heaven knows when we'll get to eat.

Have a good weekend everyone!
    Judy
    234.6/190.2/170 and thinner
  • Good Afternoon Turtles -
    Looks like the weather is heading out way!

Glad I made it out this afternoon for my workout! I finished a 2 hour Zumba boot camp- it was crazy fun - definitely burned a few calories and think I'll feel it tomorrow!

Princess - great job - so glad the scales moved for you and what a great number to pull! BTW - what kind of dogs to you have? We are owned by 2 rescue Airedale Terriers.

Peanutt - those chips do sound deadly & definitely would be hard to resist

Bandit - Good job - owning it is half the battle

Itryharder - hope the party goes well - I know you will do great

Cherry - hope everyone is feeling better at your house - I know its difficult to get up and cook when you aren't feeling well

Enjoy the rest of the weekend - will check in tomorrow!

Lizzie
  • Good Morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all... I think the cold that I have a week ago is coming back... ugh! Either that or this is something new... yesterday it felt like my chest was getting congested, by last night I was running a fever - soooo even though I am feeling a bit better this morning my chest is still congested and I am coughing so I am not sure if I should go to cycling class or not. We are supposed to me DS and DIL for brunch later this morning so I need to figure out what to order - I normally order oatmeal for breakfast when we go out but the place we are going to it is not very good so I will try and find something else.

Thanks for all the congrats! It was a good W/I and I enjoyed attending the meetings again.

Lizzie: We have a German Shep. and then we have a chow/lab mix - Gregous and Gabbie. At one time we had 4 dogs but two have passed away over the last couple of years so we are down to 2 and hoping to keep it at that for a while.

Peanut and Bandit: All Dressed Chips sound deadly! Glad they are not down here! Chips is not a huge problem for me but I am sure they taste so good that they would be if I ever had them!

Judy: How are you doing? Was the storm as bad as they said it was going to be?

Have a great day all.
  • Hi All,
    Storm didn't materialize, thank goodness! We had snow, but it was manageable. We're looking at a sunny brisk day----chilly, but the sun is helpful. Still snow on the ground.

Last night's party was so nice. We only knew the hostess/host and their kids, but the other guests were very nice people. The "birthday boy" was surprised since he thought his wife was taking him out to dinner and then there was a nice group of people. As far as food, I was surprised at how much I ate. When in a restaurant or even at a wedding, I'm ususally pretty careful. So today I'll compensate a bit by having eggwhites, my usual breakfast, and then the veggie soup with a bit of chicken later. I'm not stepping on the scale. I'm not saying I pigged out or anything, but the food portions were large and I ate them. Ugh! I think I was nervous being with people I didn't really know.

In any case, today is a new day and I think it will be quiet. Oh, nice news----I have an orchid plant that is ready to bloom again. I'm so pleased because I used to have a brown thumb, and now my plants are actually coming along without my killing them. LOL. It doesn't take much to please me.

Princess, knock that cold out soon! :

Everybody have a good Sunday!
    Judy
    234.6/190.2/170's and thinner
  • Princess, I hope you beat that cold!

Judy, I'm glad the storm didn't show!

We're currently buried under over almost a foot and half of snow that fell from Friday night to last night. AND we're plunging into a deep freeze that will last all through next week (daily highs below -20C, lows below -30C). The snow has stopped now, so hopefully the roads will be cleared and a bit better for the drive to work tomorrow!

My WI this week is finally down to my pre-Christmas weight. I lost 2lbs for the week. I was a little surprised about that because I was sooooo hungry for the last half of the week. I looked at my tracker and it looked like I ate so much more food than usual, but I was always within my daily/weekly/activity points.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!
  • Good Morning Turtles -

looks like we are next in line for the snow - expecting it to hit sometime later this morning into early afternoon!

plan on making it out to my Zumba class before it gets bad

my WI is Tuesday - I feel like I haven't lost anything - but I've been staying within my points and exercising like crazy - so we will see

Peanutt - Congrats on the loss

Itryharder - glad you enjoyed the party - meeting new people can be difficult

Princess - sorry about the cold

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Lizzie
  • Morning all and happy Monday to everyone.

This is just a quick fly-by to say hello and wish everyone a wonderful on-plan week... my cold is back full force and I feel like I have been hit by a truck. I am at work today though and will stay for as long as I can. I have a dinner that I am supposed to attend tonight with my coworkers and see little way out of it at this point... ugh. We are supposed to get a snow storm starting tomorrow morning so it should be interesting getting back and forth to work.

Have a great day all!