3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday;s Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/21961-thursday%3Bs-thread.html)

JessIsOK 11-14-2002 09:57 AM

Thursday's Thread

Starting thread... Back to post later!

Jen-L 11-14-2002 10:24 AM

Hey everyone.... slow day here again. Yesterday was just hopping and it was fun!!!

Nothing new with me to report. I do have a question tho. For those that drink Starbucks Coffee.... do they make the foo foo drink in decaf?? I love the Caramel Macchiotto, but I can't have the caffeine now that I am PG... would love to have a decaf skinny one, but I don't want to drive there and be dissappointed if they say no. Also, we have a new Barnes and Nobles with a Starbucks in it and they sent me a coupon for a free coffee drink and 10% off of books. Can't beat that. And it is cold here and I want to go book shopping and with a free coupon... well, you know. The other SB is out of my way, so it won't tempt me as much as the bookstore one does!!

Thanks in advance!!!

LoriD 11-14-2002 10:32 AM

Hi everyone! I've been lurking! Have been really busy as usual-we went to Chicago this past weekend for the Patriots/ Bears game-what a great game! it came down to the last 48 seconds and the Pats won! It was really fun! We hung out at DH's old university..needless to say the eating was crappy. i am being really good this week b/c we leave for a week in Aruba on Saturday...I'm weighing myself tomorrow am. I plan to be really good in Aruba-the plan is fruit for breakfast most days, salad for lunch with some type of meat in it, and whatever I want for dinner. The friends we are going with are also WW conscious so hopefully we will keep each other in check. Anyhow, bye everyone!

JKarr 11-14-2002 10:39 AM

I just have a second...

Jen - YES!! You can get a decaf caramel machiatto at Starbucks! Enjoy!

Lori - Did your DH go to Univ. of Illinois? So did I! I think it is such a great town!

I'll try to post more later!

KO 11-14-2002 10:44 AM

Hi girls just popping in before class ;) have a great op day

Jen-L 11-14-2002 10:52 AM

Lori, My parents have gone to Aruba several times. They own a time share there. I have seen LOTS of pics and it looks lovely, but is windy!!! Have fun!!

Jen, THANKS on the Starbucks info. It is so cold here and I ahd to give up my caffeine sodas too. Now all I want is a warm coffee once in awhile. Can't wait to go!

Right now I am drinking a hot chocolate. Just not hitting the spot. I am not a coffee drinker, but when it is cold, I like a foo foo one once in awhile. Our snow didn't come last night, but temps sure dropped!!

JKarr 11-14-2002 11:11 AM

Jen - I love foo foo coffee, too. I'm like you - once the temp drops that somehow makes it a bit more bearable! Hmmmm.... might have to make a Starbucks run later myself!

Lori - I went to Aruba this time of year 2 years ago. It was wonderful! You will have a blast. Where are you staying?

JessIsOK 11-14-2002 11:19 AM

Hello Again!

Good morning, everyone! I couldn't believe that today's thread hadn't been started when I check at 9:00 (Nebraska time). Apparently, I was so deeply disturbed by this that I couldn't even type the thread name correctly. :) Sorry about the typo.

So, I know I haven't been around much. I took off early on Monday because I haven't been feeling like myself for the last couple of weeks and then didn't come in on Tuesday. Yesterday I just didn't have much of anything to report. :lol:

Things here are still super-stressful. I saw Aaron last night and have decided that it's probably best just to end things completely with him. We've both hurt each other too much and I know that things will never be the same, even if we did get back together and he made all the changes he's promised. The pain we caused each other will always be hanging over our heads and always in the back of our minds. We may be able to forgive, but we won't be able to forget. This is going to be the hardest thing I've ever done, especially because I still love him so much. :(

On a brighter note, I've had the WORST week (almost two) as far as eating goes, but somehow managed to be down 1.6 last night at WI. :?: I don't know, but I'm not complaining and I am getting right back on track today because I don't want my crappy eating to catch up with me next week. I'm only about 13 lbs from goal.

So, what are everyone's goals for the holidays? I've set mine... My original goal when joining WW was to be to goal by the time I went on my (now cancelled) cruise, which would have been November 30. When that got cancelled, I wanted to be to goal by the end of the year. I know I still have time, but with the holidays approaching, I don't think I'll make it to goal. So, here's my goals for the rest of the year (and into next year):

Between now and Thanksgiving, I'd like to lose another .4 lbs. Yeah, not that ambitious, but I wanted to be down 2 lbs and since I was down 1.6 last night, I only have .4 to go. I'd like to maintain through Thanksgiving and between Thanksgiving and January 1, I'd like to get to 157. I know that's only like 1 and 1/2 lbs, but it's going to be difficult during the holidays with all the parties (translated=eating) that will be going on. After the first of the year, I'd like to lose the remaining 10 lbs and be at goal by March 6. Lifetime by April 17. Cross your fingers for me, ladies! I think they're all reasonable goals, so hopefully I can reach them. No, wait, I can DEFINITELY reach them (Gotta start with the positive winning attitude now).

JenL--I wish I could offer some input about Starbucks, but I've never been to one. Most likely they do. I think pretty much everyplace has an option for decaf, because a lot of people either don't drink caffeine or can't have it.

Lori--Aruba? Oh my goodness, I am SO jealous! Have you been there before? I've heard that it is one of the most beautiful islands in the world. Have a great time! Your plan for eating sounds like a good one!

JenK--Hello!

Kier--Have a good day!

OK, I better get a little work done now. I'll stop back in later!

:wave:

Princess Jihan 11-14-2002 12:04 PM

oh no. i hate coming in late and catching up because now i'm all busy here and cant!! I will later, but just wanted to stop in quickly. OP so far. thank goodness.
Jen....STARBUCS will make anything just about any way you want it! I was a starbucs junky in collage.....very picky with it too.....go ahead and get it the way you want it!
have you all tryed their gingerbread Latte!?? SO YUMMY

Belle2000 11-14-2002 12:19 PM

Almost FRIDAY!!

Morning girls! Well, I was Totally OP yeseterday – I banked a few points and I earned 8 activity points. Woo hoo! I felt really good. If next weeks WI doesn’t pay off I just don’t know….! I am sure it will. My pants felt really loose today, so that is a good sign.

OK all this starbucks talk – I must try that gingerbread latte Jihan! I’ll go this afternoon after the gym for a little treat…..its soul food. Always check dottiesweightloss.com for the points on that stuff – it’s a great site.

Lori – Aruba, eh? Wow! You will have to tell us all about it. B/f and I are planning a week of all inclusive for next fall (the other 2 weeks in the summer are for visiting his family) and we don’t know where to go?! Have fun!!!

Kier – I see you changed your sig – good girl! Way to go!!

Jen and Jen – why do you call it foo foo? Must be a US slang thing – I have never heard that up here….?!

Jess – glad you are feeling more yourself now, its always hard breaking up with someone, but its good you made a choice. Now you just have to give yourself time to heal/move on. I got that way with my old b/f of 8 years. Even if he changed, stopped gambling, lying etc, it wouldn’t change what he had done in the past and I would never forget that. Glad its over…..Good for you on WI – maybe all that stress paid off?!

As for goals – I’d like to be at goal by next June 1. That is an avg of something like 1.2/week, which I think is doable,even with “setbacks”. It would be great to go on summer vacation at goal and feel really good rather than – darn, wish I’d been more commited so I didn’t feel uncomforatable in summer clothes…you know??

Short term, by end of the year – that’s 6 weeks away roughly, I’d like to be at 199. Yup, breaking 200 by Dec 31 would be great. I could start the new year with my visa paid (last payment on Dec 15) and in a new “century”. I’d love that. So that is my big goal….!! Its exciting actually.

Well, must get my butt to work – so much to do and I want to fit in a visit to the gym today to do 25 min running on the treadmill. Tomorrow – step/pump class for 45 min….its fun having co-workers to go with too – one is a bit bigger than me, but more fit, and the other is really skinny, less fit. Its funny….

Belle2000 11-14-2002 12:22 PM

BTW Harry Potter is out tomorrow - YAY!!! I can't wait.....

Princess Jihan 11-14-2002 12:36 PM

you know what? forget work for now. i'm aggrevated with my office.
jess...i'm sorry about the break up sweetie. how long were you together? I was just actually giving break up advice....sometimes it works better to have some "you" time...to be good to yourself and get back to what YOU need/want...
goals. here is mine.
BY AUGUST 2003....I will be at goal. this is what , 40 lbs...so that is about 5 lbs a month....maybe less if you count the rest of November. which, ok, if i lose 30 by then i'll be ok with.....
short term.....I would like to be 185 by 12/1. i think i can do that......i set that goal on 11/1....so that's 5 lbs.....i'm not sure if that's too harsh to push for, but i really dont think so....if i could just lose a lb. a week? maybe not. what do you all think?
Belle. You will love the latte.

Princess Jihan 11-14-2002 12:46 PM

oh yes. does everyone know about
www.dwlz.com
?
dotti's weight loss zone. AWESOME site. Dotti was very successful with WW and has so much helpful info....check it out if you havent alreadY!

LoriD 11-14-2002 01:29 PM

JenK-Yeah, he went to Univ of Ill at Champaign-its so FLAT out there!
We are staying at the Divi Mega-the couple we are going with stayed there for their honeymoon and really liked it-I'll let you all know how it goes!:)

The Little D 11-14-2002 01:35 PM

Helllloooo everyone!

Jess - we're going through simutaneous break-ups! I feel so close to you right now. :^: Tonight Jeffrey & I are having "the discussion". This is the point where I've got to say - "I'm moving out". This is the point where I've really got to have a plan. Hmmm ... I'm sorry you're going through this, but it sounds as though you've given it some thought, and perhaps this will be a mutual decision. In my mind I keep bouncing back - "is this the right decision?" and I don't have that answer, but in my heart I know that I can not go on living with the feelings (or lack of) that I have now. Way to go on your success and defining your goals! :grouphug:

Hi Jen! Did you get your snow last night? I could have sworn I saw a few flurries driving home last night. Foo-foo coffee sounds great. It's a great treat sometimes.

Lori - Have an awesome trip! My best friend goes to Aruba every year for 10 days. Her aunt has a time share there. I want to go someplace that has white sand & turquoise waters. How is work going?

Hi Kier! You're so busy today! Promise you'll pop back in to cheer me up?! :lol:

Belle - Awesome goal setting! You'll be able to do it. I wonder what goal setting damage I can do by the end of the year? If it's to be, it's up to me. I always have to keep telling myself that and somehow I always seem to forget.

I guess short term I'd like to be 190 by 12/1 - so that's about 5 lbs down. And maybe another 5 lbs per month after that till I reach goal. By my birthday (2/16) I'd like to be 20 lbs down (or close to it).

My boss wants me to go out to lunch now because he's leaving @ 2:30 PM. Oh thorn in my side. Little does he know that I wanted to go for a walk this afternoon too! Bummer.

Be back in a bit!